Peter Voskamp reports from Obama’s speech yesterday: Medea Benjamin’s tactics during Obama’s drone speech yesterday provided a riveting exchange, with Obama saying, “That woman is worth paying attention to.” And the exchange could not have come at a better time on a more crucial set of issues: a president’s power to kill or indefinitely detain without due process. As it happened, Obama’s chief of staff was sitting directly behind me inside the National Defense University, and I couldn’t help but catch some of his reaction. Not only did he seem unfazed, he even wondered aloud if he should call off the encroaching security guards. Continue reading
click link to see last 100 comments
- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone policy (25)
- SF officials describe ‘apartheid’ label as ‘intolerance alienating the Jewish community’ (11)
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the ‘war on terror’ (42)
- Annie Robbins: The link creates the expectation that something it links to involves a “stated intent” to intimidate...
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ (3)
- RoHa: Wop bop a loo bop a Rambam boom?
- Jamal al-Dura calls on Israeli government to bring him his son (6)
- Donald: I just read the Derfner article. It’s good in that he shoots down the crackpot Israeli claims about...
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism (14)
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ is Israel (7)
- Donald: “Is Huma now going to be accused of being a ‘self-hating muslim’?Like Hiirsi?” That was a...
Our WritersMore Writers