21-year-old Majd Lahlouh was shot in the heart by an Israeli soldier last August. He was the first man from the camp to die while peace talks between the Palestinian Authority (PA) and Israel began in July 2013. But he wasn’t the last. Seven Palestinians from Jenin’s camp have been killed by soldiers since July 2013–about 12 percent of the total of Palestinians shot dead since the talks began. Alex Kane reports from Jenin refugee camp and interviews the Lahlouh family. Above, Majd’s grandmother points to a photo of him. Continue reading
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) (22)
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (43)
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (60)
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties to Israeli settlements (7)
- Walid: It’s good, Brenda, but it could be better. Ben and Jerry is small change for the company that controls...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (65)
- From McMecca to McJerusalem (2)
- W.Jones: good, too, that the progressive Jewish-Christian-Muslim dialogue should get a good slap in the...