Al Quds University has been in the news lately as Brandeis has severed its relationship with the Palestinian institution. Tom Sperlinger taught there earlier this year and gives a different view from what we’ve been reading in the press. He describes teaching Shakespeare in Abu Dis while navigating the themes, and trials, of occupation. Continue reading
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry (22)
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of Jews (116)
- MHughes976: Barrie Wilson ‘How Jesus became Christian’ (2008) is useful, not necessarily correct, here.
- Shmuel: Has anyone ever tried to do a study along these lines? The Almohad period has been studied extensively....
- jon s: I’d like to add another angle to Shmuel’s information: A hundred years before the expulsion, in...
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (6)
- piotr: I wonder how to measure and compare existential threats. Is couric a proper unit? Or is it better to use...
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with settlers and checkpoints (3)
- seafoid: Keep it up, Ramzi. Fantastic work. I think 14 m Jews need to get a mention in the next infographic
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! (56)
- Kathleen: So rude. Time to regift them to Israel’s Senator Schumer
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (6)
- Walid: The above mini-discussion on Darwish and on love in the desert atlaal brings to mind the interesting...