Off the George Mason symbolism—I am going nuts waiting for more political action in sport. Like how about a demonstration? I sat through the Olympics waiting for the American snowboarder or skater who would rip off his jacket on the podium to show a t-shirt with the painted message, END THE OCCUPATION OF IRAQ. Didn’t happen. Bode Miller’s dramatic failure on the ski slopes seemed political in character, especially in his zenned-out statements about not caring: I felt like he was flipping the bird at American nationalism, rebelling against all the sponsorship and media hype. But if it was political, it was utterly passive-aggressive. More is needed to rip American youth from its political doldrums. Where are Tommie Smith and John Carlos doing the black power salute on the podium in the ’68 Olympics?
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ … 0
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on … 4
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic … 4
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership 4
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says … 5
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and … 4
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live … 32
- ‘I wanted to make a film [on] the conflict between … 6
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 195
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 94
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 71
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 133
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 126
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid 50
- In an incredible display of citizen leadership, Snowden shows up Obama on leadership http://t.co/ZuCNna9pby, 12 mins ago
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and confidential relations’ with U.S. gov’t http://t.co/jxStMbHw3e, 13 mins ago
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! http://t.co/80kbTP5cuZ, 14 mins ago
- Interview with David Koff on his groundbreaking 1981 film ‘Occupied Palestine’ http://t.co/KgSPc0bhre, 17 mins ago
- RT @jamiesw: Samantha Power has long criticised "peace processors" -- how will she defend the most bankrupt one of all? My latest: http://t…, 22 mins ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership (4)
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says American people are opposed to Syrian intervention (5)
- Woody Tanaka: Bill Clinton was the consummate pollster-driven politician as President. For him to say that others...
- Citizen: LOL. Next thing we know, Matthews will be off the air, like Phil Donohue. Just another Mick who bucked the...
- Krauss: Bill Clinton doesn’t care about public opinion. Then again he didn’t care for quite a few...
- Chris Matthews takes populist stance against another Establishment war on an Islamic country (49)
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! (32)
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on college campuses (4)
- Krauss: The institutional bias will continue, but they’re losing the campus in record time. Now even the...
Our WritersMore Writers