- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 4
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 1
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 0
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 1
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 7
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 2
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 2
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 0
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2239
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1691
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1339
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 950
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 89
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 86
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 75
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 2 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 4 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 4 hours ago
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, Sarah Shourd http://t.co/C1C7G1DXJ6, 4 hours ago
- "belligerent military occupation of Palestine does not need any hoax or staged incidents to expose its brutality" http://t.co/PGFbErTIOK, 4 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death (15)
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture because it doesn’t focus on Israel or the Holocaust (7)
- Stephen Shenfield: One of the main psychological resources at the disposal of the Zionists is the desire of many...
- German Lefty: Wow, I’m speechless. That’s just sad. For once, there’s an organisation that focuses...
- yonah fredman: Religion is too important to be left to the pious or the rabbis, but Yiddishkayt believes that enough...
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (4)
- Hostage: As to Israel’s right to take property by eminent domain, no-one seems to recognize the (possible, likely,...
- pabelmont: As to Israel’s right to take property by eminent domain, no-one seems to recognize the (possible,...
- Woody Tanaka: Those responses to the injustice caused to others are just the “fairness, decency, justice,...
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (17)
Our WritersMore Writers
If I could have dated an album, I would have been going steady with Coldplay’s Parachutes
Five years ago I moved here to NYC from LA and made my way to the east coast with two friends on a crazy cross country trip. We brought a ton of music with us, but wound up basically listening to Coldplay’s Parachutes album on a constant loop for six days. Some people get super duper sick of an album after that much listening, but I swear if I could have dated an album, Coldplay and I would have been going steady for shizzle. I spent the next six months trying to find a job, an apartment and some friends…and the whole time I continued listening to Coldplay like it was my mission in life. As silly as I feel admitting this, Coldplay sort of got me through it all.
I had a really magical moment at the meadowlands this weekend. The band started to play one of my favorite songs from that first album, and it just hit me all at once: How all of the things I was looking for 5 years ago have managed to find their way to me in spades…every single one of them.
Dear God or whoever you are,
Thanks for reminding me that all of this wedding planning BS is about a 10 on a scale of 1-10 of things that are pretty unimportant in life. And also for reminding me how lucky I am to have a wonderful family, a whole new career and to have found such a groovy guy and a cute puppy dog.