- Zirin challenges sportswriters to report Israeli violence against Palestinian soccer … 0
- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism 12
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in … 21
- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at … 7
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran 28
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to … 36
- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ … 17
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible … 74
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 0
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics 0
- 2013 was record year in new settlement construction, and 2014 … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 141
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier 93
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 92
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Dave Zirin (@EdgeofSports) challenges sportswriters to report Israeli violence against Palestinian soccer players http://t.co/Uw93TXGyFz, 6 mins ago
- RT @boun0479: Denver bus ad for justice in Palestine RT @EvaBartlettGaza:"@boun0479 http://t.co/qvCBDFnyPW" @MaxBlumenthal @Mondoweiss, 3 hours ago
- Israel is now attempting to 'de-Arabize' Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East http://t.co/UtxzDClJck, 4 hours ago
- Michael Ratner's journey away from Zionism http://t.co/DazJQn7udp, 4 hours ago
- RT @allissonCD: Pictures of Saji Darwish, 18, killed yesterday near #Ramallah for throwing rocks--killed for being Palestinian. http://t.co/7GSgGvrLEg, 6 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism (12)
- Dan Crowther: I think you could say they’ve been synthesized, but have kept their original contradictions....
- Citizen: “Even then there were Jews who questioned Zionism. Not ones he knew. ‘There were Jews who felt,...
- seafoid: “Ratner felt misgivings after the Six Day War. “It didn’t seem right to me that they needed the...
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (72)
- Krusty: “Besides, criminal records are not inheritable. So, if my ancestors committed any crimes against Jews,...
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible infamy,’ Israel says (74)
- Joe Catron: Apparently this ill-advised statement was such an embarrassment that the ministry of foreign affairs now...
- hophmi: “Hophmi: “Baseless accusation featuring false equivalency” Pamela: *Ignores troll*” Good job of...
- hophmi: “Israel’s MFA ministry understand that if they lose the evangelicals, their base of support in the GOP...
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East (21)
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier (93)
- amigo: Naftush “how about “Obliteration of a people, was exactly the Zionist plan”? “ Of course it was the Zionist...
- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism (12)
If I could have dated an album, I would have been going steady with Coldplay’s Parachutes
Five years ago I moved here to NYC from LA and made my way to the east coast with two friends on a crazy cross country trip. We brought a ton of music with us, but wound up basically listening to Coldplay’s Parachutes album on a constant loop for six days. Some people get super duper sick of an album after that much listening, but I swear if I could have dated an album, Coldplay and I would have been going steady for shizzle. I spent the next six months trying to find a job, an apartment and some friends…and the whole time I continued listening to Coldplay like it was my mission in life. As silly as I feel admitting this, Coldplay sort of got me through it all.
I had a really magical moment at the meadowlands this weekend. The band started to play one of my favorite songs from that first album, and it just hit me all at once: How all of the things I was looking for 5 years ago have managed to find their way to me in spades…every single one of them.
Dear God or whoever you are,
Thanks for reminding me that all of this wedding planning BS is about a 10 on a scale of 1-10 of things that are pretty unimportant in life. And also for reminding me how lucky I am to have a wonderful family, a whole new career and to have found such a groovy guy and a cute puppy dog.