- Which crowded cities can you fire into? 8
- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank 4
- Iraqis flee Mosul under threat from ISIS 6
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza 14
- Israeli forces kill 3 during Gaza solidarity march in West … 13
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 12
- Photo: Message on Israeli shell headed to Gaza, ‘Thats for … 11
- Israel’s actions ‘unjustified’ in eyes of women, non-whites, Dems, indy’s, … 43
- Gaza onslaught is p.r. problem for Israel’s ‘moral authority’ — … 0
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in … 0
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing … 0
- Burning children 0
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 0
- ‘We have nothing left to lose. I would rather die … 0
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war 0
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 132
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Yeah, so the @washingtonpost calls a single US "no" vote evidence of a GLOBAL divide. Hmmm... http://t.co/EgovTmMGkO http://t.co/p2V59B877Y, 9 mins ago
- RT @JennaBPope: Fake blood on the front doors of IDB in NYC today. IDB is an Israeli Bank that funds the occupation. #FreePalestine http://t.co/iW5zrYlzCQ, 10 mins ago
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? http://t.co/BdDHdzrTFt, 11 mins ago
- RT @mtracey: @davidfolkenflik @npratc @JeffreyGoldberg @octavianasr Will Jeffrey be asked to disclose his past job as an IDF prison guard?, 13 mins ago
- RT @asadabukhalil: It is official: protesting against Israel is considered anti-Semitic: (thanks Zaid) http://t.co/1nSlr8Irck, 17 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank (4)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (8)
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza (44)
- just: Every time I read the headline Air Canada flight circles airport in Tel Aviv, my mind screams Air Canada...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (14)
- Kathryn: If Israel were to lay down their guns tommorrow, there would be no more war. If Palestine were to lay down...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (12)
- W.Jones: “The Case for Nationalism” sounds like a foreboding, perhaps very right-wing title in the context of modern...
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on Gaza (28)
- kalithea: For NYC anything under 200,000 is wimpy. Shows the level of American willingness to end the suffering of...
- Israeli forces kill 3 during Gaza solidarity march in West Bank village of Beit Ummar (Updated) (13)
- Tobias: Hannity is a first class buffon. A very uneducated arsehole.
If I could have dated an album, I would have been going steady with Coldplay’s Parachutes
Five years ago I moved here to NYC from LA and made my way to the east coast with two friends on a crazy cross country trip. We brought a ton of music with us, but wound up basically listening to Coldplay’s Parachutes album on a constant loop for six days. Some people get super duper sick of an album after that much listening, but I swear if I could have dated an album, Coldplay and I would have been going steady for shizzle. I spent the next six months trying to find a job, an apartment and some friends…and the whole time I continued listening to Coldplay like it was my mission in life. As silly as I feel admitting this, Coldplay sort of got me through it all.
I had a really magical moment at the meadowlands this weekend. The band started to play one of my favorite songs from that first album, and it just hit me all at once: How all of the things I was looking for 5 years ago have managed to find their way to me in spades…every single one of them.
Dear God or whoever you are,
Thanks for reminding me that all of this wedding planning BS is about a 10 on a scale of 1-10 of things that are pretty unimportant in life. And also for reminding me how lucky I am to have a wonderful family, a whole new career and to have found such a groovy guy and a cute puppy dog.