Eden Abergil responds to critics: ‘I can’t afford Arab-lovers to ruin the perfect life I live! I’ve got no remorse and no regrets.’

eden abargil with herself1
An example of the ‘Eden Abergil meme’ (Photo: Dimi’s Notes)

Dimi Reider reports on the Eden Abergil meme sweeping the internet, which includes the image above. Evidently all the attention is getting to Abergil, and Reider translates a Facebook debate where she takes on one of the creators of the doctored images:

Eden Abergil: Tell me, you think that this pic on the side is funny? There’s a limit!

Eden Abergil: No, honey…

Shay Atik: To be honest, it’s kinda funny.

Eden Abergil: Oh yeah? And what’s so funny? I’m dying for laughs I haven’t laughed a week

Shay Atik: Maybe you haven’t watched the new enough.

Eden Abergil: Aaaaa no? You wanna tell me what was funny? Cause I really didn’t watch

Gal Ivon Cohen: Shay, it really isn’t funny. They ruined her life for such a simple and innocent picture and turned this girl into something that she’s not.

Eden Abergil: No honey they didn’t ruin my life I can’t afford Arab-lovers to ruin the perfect life I live!!! I’ve got no remorse and no regrettttttttttts.

‫[…]‬

Shay Atik: Eden, I guess you still didn’t get the meaning and implications of these pictures. It’s not about someone loving Arabs or not. It’s called humanity.

Eden Abergil: I’m not humane to murderers!

Shay Atik: Hmm… so you could equally kill those detainees you posed next to. If you’re being inhuman, go all the way! No?

Eden Abergil: I’m for a Zionist Jewish state! I’m protecting what was mine since forever!! I won’t get with you into religious statements etc but I’m declared and defined as a proud Jew and as a proud Jew it’s my duty to fight for everything that belongs to me there’s a picture of me they published that says it all in my opinion “if it wasn’t for her they’d murder your mother” and I’m not talking just about me but about all the soldiers guarding and protecting us!!! There are no laws in war!! I hate Arabs and wish them all the worst and it would be fun for me to kill them or even massacre them you can’t forget what they’re doing nevermind the reason I’m just on the side of the Jewish people!!! And this will last forever.

Abergil has been alerted that she is being dismissed from her IDF reserve service and stripped of her rank. Guess they agree with LOlcats on this one:

eden abargil loleden

1. silencenolonger
    August 19, 2010, 11:19 am

And they like calling people who criticize them anti-semitic, what a joke..
    Palestinians are the real semites, that is their ethographic designation
    where’s the ADL, where is the US government condemnation, just the roar of silence
    The threat today is Anti-Gentilism

2. moonkoon
    August 19, 2010, 11:22 am

Not a good look, is it? :-)
    I’m not sure that the drama queen routine is the best way to progress the great zionist narrative. :-)

• Shingo
      August 19, 2010, 7:18 pm

“… Eden Abergil: … I hate Arabs and wish them all the worst and it would be fun for me to kill them or even massacre them …”

Imagine if a Palestinian had said that about Jews? It would be headlines all over the NYT.

Perhaps Abergil will be offered a job as perss secretary by Aasvigor Liberman?

• aparisian
        August 20, 2010, 4:34 am

Yes exactly Shingo.

BTW: Where is the ADL and foxman in this controversy? such incitement doesnt shock him no? or he is busy with the ground zero islamic center?

3. Keith
    August 19, 2010, 11:48 am

The comments by Eden Abergil are both shocking and predictable. The attitudes and opinions of the average person usually reflect a sort of social consensus. This consensus is, to a significant degree, a product of elite manipulation. The Zionist elites have created a society that continues to degenerate further into a fundamentalist mindset where “the other” is dehumanized and murder becomes defense. “I hate Arabs and wish them all the worst and it would be fun to for me to kill them or even massacre them….” Change the name of the victim group and the historical parallels become obvious.

4. mymarkx
    August 19, 2010, 11:48 am

Arab lovers? Is that like n-word lovers? Because I sympathize with the plight of the Palestinians, now I have to worry about the Zionists burning a Magen David on my lawn? Gevalt!

5. potsherd
    August 19, 2010, 11:51 am

“I hate Jews and it would be fun for me to kill them no matter what the reason, I’m just protecting what’s mine.”

• Shingo
      August 19, 2010, 4:06 pm

Another example of Zionists who will live and let live.

This is the mentality that Witty assure us will be corrected by “reform” as opposed to condemnation.

• Sumud
        August 19, 2010, 9:35 pm

If only Palestinians had given Eden Abergil some hugs this would never have happened..

6. Howard
    August 19, 2010, 12:05 pm

I wonder what role she played in Operation Cast Lead? I am really curious how typical she is of the average IDF soldier? 10%? 20%? 50%? At first I was willing to give her a pass thinking she was some misguided young person corrupted by a corrupt occupation. Now I feel she is a psychopath who should not be anywhere near a weapon. Perhaps it is because of troops such as her that Netanyahu doesn’t want IDF troops who participated in th Mavi Marmara interviewed by investigators.

August 20, 2010, 10:31 am

” I am really curious how typical she is of the average IDF soldier?”

I read on Mondoweiss that many IDF soldiers and IDF officers are residents of the illegal settlements. Does that answer your question?

7. David Samel
    August 19, 2010, 12:10 pm

Israel of course will wish to paint Eden as an aberration, a bad apple, but she certainly is not alone. The popularity of the “one shot, two kills” T-shirt, depicting a pregnant Palestinian woman in the cross-hairs of a rifle, is just one of many other examples. I have no doubt that there are some current or recent IDF soldiers who really are repulsed by this behavior, but a significant percentage of Israelis engage in it. IDF training manuals preach respect for civilians, but the entire culture of mandatory military service, when that service performs the function of subjugating millions of people based on their ethnicity, inevitably fosters the type of racism, even genocidal racism, that Eden espouses.

• sherbrsi
      August 19, 2010, 10:29 pm

The so called IDF “Rules of Engagement” are irrelevant and completely self-serving. If the IDF was following any respected and universal protocol of human rights, military engagement and law, it would not be occupying in the first place. The very notion of IDF’s purity of arms is a sham, for it paints Israel as virtuous administrators of Palestine, not the occupiers of the Palestinian people, and that narrative implicitly rids the IDF of its commission of atrocities against the Palestinian people, and explicitly denies the occupation (and Israel’s obligations to the people it occupies).

• The Hasbara Buster
      August 20, 2010, 2:45 pm

David,

While it is true that IDF manuals pay lip service to respect for civilian lives, their recommendations have been grossly exaggerated by the Zios. For instance, there’s a story going around that the IDF’s “purity of arms” concept requires soldiers to put their lives at risk to avoid harming civilians. It has been repeated countless times by the usual suspects: Dershowitz, the ZOA, etc. It’s totally false. See here.

8. demize
    August 19, 2010, 1:14 pm

Such a nice gal. Make any one a nice wife.

9. lysias
    August 19, 2010, 1:44 pm

I can’t afford Arab-lovers to ruin the perfect life I live!!!

First time I think I’ve seen the word “Arab-lovers”. Is it commonly used in Israel? Another similarity with the Jim Crow South?

10. Taxi
    August 19, 2010, 1:49 pm

The problem is that she’s not the only israeli who thinks/feels/is committed to killing ‘Arabs’.
    link to maxblumenthal.com

That’s why all talk of peace is just so maddening, so empty!

The mindset of israeli youth leads me, as i’m sure it leads others in the region and around the world, to deduce that war is unavoidable, regrettably and remorsefully unavoidable.

All that’s happening with this story now is that stupid Abergil’s ego is getting bigger and bigger for all the ‘attention’ she’s getting, while her face is looking uglier and uglier with every justification she has on why her heart is so full of such a dark and focused hate.

11. Chu
    August 19, 2010, 2:31 pm

Poor girl, the religious indoctrination has got her seeing things
    all cockeyed. Add the conscription element to the Israeli youth equation and you’ve got yourself one twisted individual.
    God have mercy on her empty soul.

• potsherd
      August 19, 2010, 9:19 pm

In Israel, if you are Arab, this is a crime called “incitement.”

12. homelesseus
    August 19, 2010, 3:02 pm

You can’t really add anything to her comments. The question is: how widespread are her barbarian views among Israelis?

• annie
      August 19, 2010, 8:56 pm

The question is: how widespread are her barbarian views among Israelis?

something tells me we’ll know soon enough homeless. jpost brings us Facebook flooded with photos of detainees

Cyber group supports former soldier Eden Abergil.

A new Facebook page in support of former IDF soldier and photo-poster Eden Abergil was opened on Wednesday, calling on soldiers to post similar pictures from their army service.

“We’re All With Eden Abergil,” the new group, was created with the following description: “Eden was an excellent soldier, and now the army is throwing her to hell and putting her on trial. Whether you agree with her or not, we will not let the army who sent her [into service] to run away from responsibility.” The group also declared Abergil “the most beautiful and sexy soldier in the IDF!!!” and “one of the last of the honest people in the country.”

this is not the breaking the silence site. this is not looking good for the image of the idf.

13. American
    August 19, 2010, 3:18 pm

Karma is going to be hell for some people.

14. slagbom
    August 19, 2010, 3:30 pm

‘I can’t afford Israel-lovers to ruin the perfect life I live! I’ve got no remorse and no regrets.’ – Phillip Weiss?

Maybe not a far cry from reality.

link to frumforum.com

“What to do about Philip Weiss? Great writer. But he’s crazy.”

• Chu
      August 19, 2010, 7:23 pm

when they start attacking your character, you know you’re doing something to cause their ire. I smell fear…

• annie
        August 19, 2010, 10:39 pm

when they start linking to 18 month old frum forum posts you know they’re in desperado mode.

lol

• slagbom
        August 21, 2010, 4:56 am

Sorry, I can’t help the fact P. Weiss was interesting a couple of years ago but has, thankfully, fallen into the usual fundamentalist rut.

Hugo Chavez is using the “character assassination” defense to great effect these days.

15. MRW
    August 19, 2010, 4:25 pm

She sounds like a rabid Catholic during the Spanish Inquisition.

16. HomoSapiens
    August 19, 2010, 4:31 pm

Never forget…… that this depraved Israeli woman’s words are attributed by the Arab-Muslim world to Israel’s accomplice-facilitator, the United States. This attribution is entirely justified. The fabricated “controversy” about the Cordoba House (see: MJ Rosenberg “Israel and the anti-Muslim blow-up” at link to english.aljazeera.net) is powerful evidence that Israel-AIPAC etc. have successfully imported and injected the prejudice and hate of Zionism into mainstream US politics. In this context, we can be said to be the United States of Israel (politically). The US is a now-proven regresssive democracy, tending to follow the bidding of Zionists at home and abroad. We as a nation are in deep deep trouble.

17. Mountainaires
    August 19, 2010, 4:40 pm

“I’ve got no remorse and no regrets!’

Famous last words from a young woman who is seriously deluded. Aubergil has shamed her Israeli army compatriots. She might pretend that she doesn’t care; but she will care. I have to say, kudos to her IDF Reserve Service for dismissing her.

• thankgodimatheist
      August 19, 2010, 7:58 pm

“Aubergil has shamed her Israeli army compatriots.”

?!!!
      Did you buy into the canard that she’s just a rotten apple and what she did is not the norm in the IDF? Well maybe you should have a look at the newly surfaced photos..It’s a common practice..Nothing unusual..
      New photos:
      link to angryarabscommentsection.blogspot.com

18. Justice Please
    August 19, 2010, 4:42 pm

The thought police would be all over the place if she talked that way about Jews. Unbelievable.

19. Justice Please
    August 19, 2010, 4:45 pm

Haaretz has it too:

link to haaretz.com

• potsherd
      August 20, 2010, 8:44 am

Haaretz pixelates her face, but the rest of the world has seen it very clearly.

• Chaos4700
        August 20, 2010, 9:11 am

What, is she presumed innocent or something?

• potsherd
        August 20, 2010, 10:28 am

Interesting that they don’t pixelate the faces of the prisoners – of course they are only Arabs and deserve no dignity.

20. syvanen
    August 19, 2010, 5:11 pm

Odd that there is so little interest in this story. Is this something that is so unpleasant to contemplate it is just easier to move on.

I have been deeply concerned for a few years about the hatred in the hearts of the Israeli youth. Those soccer fans the chant ‘death to the Arabs” or the Lieberman election crowds yelling the same. This should be deeply disturbing. Thirty years ago the right under Kahane was calling for transfer but they are crying for murder. Someone should warn the American people, we have a homicidal ally.

• potsherd
      August 19, 2010, 9:23 pm

They are trained to this. In high school, they go on trips to the Nazis death camps in Poland, waving Israeli flags to say “fuck you” to the Poles and show them how superior they are.

21. Jeffrey Blankfort
    August 19, 2010, 6:03 pm

Many of us are familiar with former members of the Israeli occupation forces who, like those with “Breaking the Silence,” show a connection with their fellow humans that Eden clearly lacks.

It would be a mistake to view Eden as a gross example of what are mistakenly called the “Israeli Defense Forces,” (the real IDF being in the US with bases in office buildings in all the major cities). From my personal experiences with the “IDF” in Lebanon and the West Bank, I would say that Eden is typical of what one finds wearing the Israeli uniform. It is, in short, an army of sadists.

• MRW
      August 19, 2010, 9:53 pm

It is, in short, an army of sadists.” Jeffrey: always succinct.

22. yourstruly
    August 19, 2010, 6:37 pm

Can a Islamophobe such as Eden Abergil really be Jewish? If so, by what criterion. other than her mother’s DNA. But is that all that counts in deciding who is and who isn’t a Jew? What about one’s adherence to the Jewish tradition of always siding with the oppressed, never with the oppressor, even (better, especially) when the oppressor claims to be a co-religionist? Which raises the question as to whether or not an individual who is an oppressor of Moslems, yet claims to be a Jew, actually can be a Jew? If not, what would someone like Eden Abergil be called, being that despite her lineage or how faithfully she adheres to Jewish rituals, she not only fails the test of always being on the side of the oppressed, she is an oppressor. How about just calling her not a true Jew?

• MRW
      August 19, 2010, 9:52 pm

How about calling her what she is…a typical Israeli.

23. spuxx
    August 19, 2010, 6:40 pm

” There are no laws in war!! I hate Arabs and wish them all the worst and it would be fun for me to kill them or even massacre them” – Most moral army in the world.

“I’m not humane to murderers!”

• Shingo
      August 19, 2010, 8:37 pm

“I wonder if any of these cuffed men were charged with any crime, let alone murder.”

They failed to sufficiently convince Israel they wanted peace. Same thing.

• potsherd
      August 19, 2010, 9:23 pm

All Arabs are terrorists.

24. jimby
    August 19, 2010, 7:46 pm

This attitude is nothing new. During the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in the 80’s I was in the home of a (then) friend. Israel was bombing Beirut and he was on the phone to his father who was off to Israel to demonstrate in support of the invasion. He told his father “Don’t worry Dad, there’s too many arabs in the world anyway”. I considered this man to be a compassionate person. He was an emergency room doctor who volunteered for friday and saturday nights so he could be of maximum benefit. I wonder what he would have said if I had said “there are too many Jews”?. I called him an asshole and haven’t seen him since. So sad…..

25. lobewyper
    August 19, 2010, 8:34 pm

This young woman is still practically an adolescent. She is mouthing the type of drivel that drill sergeants use to indoctrinate new recruits. She will soon come (on her own) to regret her ill-advised remarks. Have a little faith in the developmental process, people.

• RoHa
      August 20, 2010, 7:32 am

There seem to be a fair number of much older Israelis who have not “developed”.

26. Chaos4700
    August 19, 2010, 8:37 pm

A daughter only a Zionist could love, huh.

• aparisian
      August 20, 2010, 4:37 am

well i would say Thanks Eden for showing the world the true face of Zionists in Israel today.

27. LanceThruster
    August 19, 2010, 8:43 pm

This seems like it has to be a put on. But it’s not, is it?

28. Rowan
    August 20, 2010, 5:08 am

I do find it interesting that the basis of these photos is sexual taunting. And that no one has remarked on this fact. It can hardly be because it is too obvious to remark upon.

• thankgodimatheist
      August 20, 2010, 8:23 am

You mean being in control via a bigger gun is a substitute for penis envy? Interesting!

• potsherd
      August 20, 2010, 8:43 am

The comparisons to Lynndie England evoke that clearly. In the photos of her, she is taunting naked men. You can see their humiliation.

In the photos of Abergil, though, while she is clearly enjoying sexually taunting the men, they don’t seem to care. They are obviously exhausted and suffering, while she smirks at their misery.

• Koshiro
        August 20, 2010, 9:45 am

Well, plus the obvious fact that they can’t see what’s going on. It’s a common way of playing a prank on people – ridiculing people with gestures they can’t see.

29. Mooser
    August 20, 2010, 10:39 am

Wondering Jew, have I got a girl for you!