How we will win

Take a minute to watch this brilliant Ted talk about Leaders, Followers, Lone Nuts, and How To Start a Movement.

And then everyone will want to jump on board the Israeli Palestinian Equality Movement.

And then it will be unstoppable.

Because that’s where the party’s at.

I’m just sayin’.

Posted in Israel/Palestine

{ 11 comments... read them below or add one }

1. hophmi says:

“When we Lone Nuts start talking about EQUALITY — true equality for Israelis and Palestinians — and dance around and wave our hands in the air, eg make it fun, then we’ll get some followers. And then they’ll attract followers.”

I’d just like to point out that if this were true, there would be a hell of lot more Hare Krishnas.

2. seafoid says:

Israel doesn’t have any real friends. Sure, there is the Dersh but he is old.
    Israel has no cool friends.

3. kapok says:

This is wrong. It is not fun. It is dangerous work. And Israel and Palestine are not equal: Palestine was there all along; Israel was imposed by an Atlanticist cabal. Imagine what Wikileaks could have made out of that farrago.

4. hophmi says:

“Israel was imposed by an Atlanticist cabal. Imagine what Wikileaks could have made out of that farrago.”

The answer is, not too damn much, because the former pro-Nazi Arab leaders made their intentions clear, as did Yishuv leaders. Now, the Grand Mufti’s association with Hitler – that’s something I’d have liked to see Wikileaks uncover.

“Palestine was there all along; Israel was imposed by an Atlanticist cabal.”

Not as a state, it wasn’t. Virtually every Arab state was created by the West. If Israel is a Western state, it shares that in common with the Arab states.

I’d like to point out that the Atlanticist cabal included the Soviet Union. So it really was not Atlanticist.

• Antidote says:

“Now, the Grand Mufti’s association with Hitler – that’s something I’d have liked to see Wikileaks uncover.”

The earliest cable stems from 1966, hophmi. Hitler died in 1945, or so they say. The leaks didn’t clear up that old mystery either. I was so hoping for some revelations on whether he did or didn’t escape, and to where?

I have my suspicions. As for the Mufti, his association with Hitler have been out in the open for decades. What’s left to reveal here? That they were lovers? That he saved Hitler’s brain and buried it on the Temple Mount?

• Shingo says:

Or even better, the Stern gangs outreach to Hitelr to join forces. Imagine the paradox – the ultimate in strange bedfellows.

“Virtually every Arab state was created by the West. ”

The borders were created by the West, but Palestine was known as Paletine since BC.

5. kapok says:

A fine association, with no Stukas.

The Soviets were in on it? I stand, partially, corrected. But there was a cabal and the Palestinians were not invited.

6. Sumud says:

Does this mean Omar Barghouti will be issuing pills?

7. Kathleen says:

Matthew love the video clip. Had me howling. I support the message
    Our dear friend Art Gish. A leader, a lone nut and sincere and loving individual. Both to Israeli’s and Palestinians

Art in front of Israeli tank. Have to say far more serious lone nut move than dancing alone. But hey really like the Ted example. Sure made me laugh
    link to palsolidarity.org