Iran, Hamas, and the Holocaust = justification for apartheid

Many of you may have seen the hilarious “XtraNormal” videos on YouTube such as One Professor’s FantasySo You Want to go to Law School, and my personal favorite So you Want to Get a PHD in Political Science. Well, I was watching a few of these funny videos the other day and several new ones popped up.  One was called Israel Apartheid Week.  I got my hopes up that it would be in support of IAW. Boy was I wrong.  The author of this one is “HonestReportingVideo” which sounds like an Israel lobby astroturfing group if I ever saw one.

The character in the video tells the foolish child who wants to protest Israel apartheid how ignorant he really is.  He makes it clear that Israel is not an apartheid state because there are “Arab members of the government in Israel” and “Did you know that Arabs and Jews are both patients and doctors in all Israeli hospitals?” (there were a few black doctors during Jim Crow also.)

Naturally such nonsense propaganda bothered me, so I set out to create my own video using the XtraNormal software.  This is the result: A Conversation About Israeli Apartheid.

Posted in American Jewish Community, Israel/Palestine

{ 8 comments... read them below or add one }

1. annie says:

this video is hysterical!

when the bunny calls him a ‘hitler wannabe’ and then smiles…

• eljay says:

>> when the bunny calls him a ‘hitler wannabe’ and then smiles…

That was a good bit. :-)

The “Hamas! Hamas!” tic made me think this bunny might be related to RW. If he’d also said that the Nakba was “necessary”, I would have been certain. ;-)

2. Citizen says:

It’s great, I’ve been having a debate on Facebook about Israel and Hitler, etc with an old American lady who describes herself as a messianic jew, although she says she doesn’t know for sure if she has any jewish blood, and who says if she was younger she would join the IDF, and that the bible is central to her POV. It’s gone on now for weeks, so I finally replied to cut it short by linking to this cartoon video because the Israel defender in it is what comes through clearly in all this woman’s comments, although we’ve talked about tons of I-P history, American foreign policy, Hitler’s childhood, basic elements of freudian psychology, etc.

• MHughes976 says:

‘Messianic Jews’ seem to be a newly prominent group. I’ve just read an article elsewhere about their conspicuous presence at the traditionally academic Society of Biblical Literature. They don’t seem to be short of money. How many they are, how they relate to Hagee-style Christianity, how they relate to Jewish ritual and practice, whether anyone can declare themselves MJs if the fancy takes them – all this I for one don’t know.
      But I think something significant is going on in the way of developing a kind of new religion, ‘Judaeochristianity’ perhaps, whose followers would declare that it wasn’t new at all but the one genuine and traditional religion of the English-speaking world, particularly operative in the foundation of the United States. It’s in the logic of those dual lapel-badges.

• annie says:

omg, funny. did she respond? you have to tell us what happens next.

3. annie says:

i had to watch it again, when she says she’s going to call abe foxman… maybe it’s just the mood i’m in but i can’t stop laughing.

this has the makings of s box office hit.

4. annie says:

joseph, which software did you use? i have visited the xtranormal site and there are 2 options. the ‘state’ and the ‘movie maker’. which did you use?