No freedom in the land of false prophets

mamilla
Desecrated Mamilla Cemetery in Jerusalem

I ask, how can the Jewish state find freedom as occupier?

Two occupations have eaten Israel where mosques burn and a faux Museum

Sits on desecrated Muslim tombs. They call it Museum of Tolerance, I call it

Muslim cleansing, killer of those deemed inferior.

False prophets, destroyer of 800.000 olive and citrus plants, subjugation.

Collective abuse, fishermen attacked likes vermin by Israeli killer boats.

Apartheid! Word we dare not whisper, write or speak.

Condemned by true believers, the Zionist story makes one shudder.

I’ve heard the racist words before, when Jews were driven from their homes and vilified.

Now I hear it all again from a big Rabbi contender for The Jewish Heroes competition.

Asked how Jews should treat their neighbors he said:

“The only way to fight a moral war is the Jewish way. Destroy the holy sites,

Kill men, women children and cattle.”

I remember another time, “No Jews Allowed.” Germany nearly succeeded.

Now false prophets decree Arabs not allowed, a Zionist story.

No Palestinians to live life with dignity for “We” are the chosen people.

It’s written in the Old Testament.

Lillian Rosengarten 11/29/11

About Lillian Rosengarten

Lillian Rosengarten is author of the book “Survival and Conscience: From The Shadow Of Nazi Germany To The Jewish Boat To Gaza."(October 2015, Just World Books) It has been published in German as: “ Ein bewegtes Leben: Von den Schatten Nazi-Deutschlands zum judischen Boot nach Gaza” (Zambon 7/14). Her website is lillianrosengarten.com

1. pabelmont
    December 1, 2011, 10:06 am

I met a man who, with his wife and teen-aged daughter Ayala, moved to the USA from Israel in early 1950s, when I was a teen (ahem). He said the Jews were the chosen people, chosen to suffer. I never saw that family again.

Others say Jews were chosen to keep the mitzvot.

Zionists (originally non-religious) say Jews were chosen to adopt lawless violence for the purpose of triumphing over and dispossessing the indigenous inhabitants of Palestine.

The people, once great, who “produced” Moses, Maimonides, Mendelssohn (!), Freud, Marx, Einstein, Buber, Judah Magnes, have now succumbed to the dictates of the Presidents of the Presidents, AIPAC, Netanyahu, various Lieberman(s) (there and here), etc., fallen into a deep hole with no great leaders to show the way out.

We must lead ourselves. Thanks Lillian.

2. Avi_G.
    December 1, 2011, 2:28 pm
  3. Taxi
    December 1, 2011, 3:06 pm

“He said the Jews were the chosen people, chosen to suffer.”

Yeah I had an israeli friend (leftist kibbutzim) who often would say exactly the same thing – but with a twist of black humor.

And speaking of the concept of ‘chosen’, today I happenstance met a Lebanese shepherd in the Galilee hills while I was hiking (I’ve been here visiting friends and site-seeing for two months and will be leaving in a few days). Anyway yeah this shepherd had this large flock of one hundred and fifty mixed goats and sheep and the greatest three shepherding dogs you ever met.

And so like I got talking to him ’bout this and that in my pidgin Arabic and I was asking him about his life wandering the huddled undulating hills and narrow ravines of northern Galilee. He said he’s been shepherding all his life, just like his dad, and just like his grandfather too, who for years and years before the ’48 Nakba, used to take his flock all the way to Lake Tiberias (now referred to as The Sea of Galilee). He pointed south-east and reminisced some more about his grandfather and sighed and said that he himself would love to be able to do the same before he died – he looked about 35 to me.

When I nodded my approval at his wish and said to him that israel had destroyed so many ancient ways of life since it’s existence, broken so many practical and spiritual bonds between the native people and their land, his ears pricked-up and he frowned at me and said: Not to disrespect you but I never call that spread of land (he pointed and panned across the southern vista) – I never call it israel. I always refer to it as occupied Palestine. I even make a point of teaching my children that down there is Occupied Palestine and it’s occupied by israelis. I call the land Occupied Palestine and I call the occupiers israelis – and do you know why I do this?

Well, me, unsure of where he was coming from, I shook my head with an awkward small smile.

He explained that if he called ‘that’ land israel and also called it’s people israelis, then the word ‘Palestine’ disappears from the conversation . He said he wanted his children to never forget the name ‘Palestine’ and to always think of the southern Galilee hills as Palestine. Falesteen, Falesteen – he repeated. He said his grandfather used to say that all Palestinians: jews, moslem and christian, were the real and only ‘chosen people’ – chosen by god and more fortunate than all other arabs to be born and to live on holy land – chosen to belong to the holy land.

I chewed on his point for a sec then I was awestruck by what this Lebanese shepherd next did: he soulfully broke into a folk song about Palestine, sung a verse and a chorus – then reaching inside his jacket pocket, he pulled out an old and worn reed pipe (naya), blew a sweet melody through it for a few seconds before his dogs joined in and howled in pretty good pitch and wagged their tails.

I laughed and applauded when he finished and he said to me: I’d like to give you this naya but I can’t because my grandfather gave it to me.

• patm
      December 1, 2011, 3:51 pm

Free, Free, Palestina!

• Pixel
      December 1, 2011, 10:12 pm

Thanks for that, Taxi.

• Annie Robbins
      December 7, 2011, 8:57 am

beautiful taxi

4. john h
    December 1, 2011, 3:35 pm

Yes, it’s written in the Old Testament, and reiterated in the New, about false and true prophets.

Don’t you know what the Scripture says of Elijah,
    how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,
    Lord, they have killed your prophets, and torn down your altars,
    and I alone am left, and they seek my life?
    But what does the divine answer say to him?
    I have reserved for myself seven thousand men
    who have not bowed the knee to Baal.
    Romans 11:2-4

Among those seven thousand today would be Ilan Pappe, Avi Shlaim, Norman Finklestein, Gideon Levy, Amira Hass, and Mark Braverman, unheard and despised in the land of the false prophets.

The truth remains as Jesus of Bethlehem/Nazareth said:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem,
    the one who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her!
    How often I wanted to gather your children together,
    as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings,
    but you were not willing.
    See, your house is left to you desolate.
    Matthew 23:37-38

Beware of false prophets. You will know them by their fruits.
    Matthew 7:15-16

• MHughes976
      December 2, 2011, 9:21 am

Beale and Carson’s ‘Comm on NT use of OT’ points out that Paul portrays Elijah as underestimating God’s mercy. He is not as alone as he thinks.

5. Annie Robbins
    December 7, 2011, 1:38 am

this is amazing Lillian. i regret to say i had not read it before..still getting used to the new formatting and i’m so behind and where it used to seem i could read every post now they are stacked up and i am so behind. but taxi directed me here from another thread and i must say this poem has moved me as much as anything i recall you’ve ever written here. and you’ve written some powerful words on MW.

thank you for everything. for teaching us.