‘Fast Times in Palestine’ to sponsor OccupyAIPAC

coversm

At last year’s Move Over AIPAC event, I read from my newly-published book Fast Times in Palestine, a memoir about my transformation from a typical uninformed American to a Ramallah-based journalist and foreign press coordinator for a Palestinian presidential candidate. Tony Karon of TIME Magazine called it “A charming book brimming with tension and tragedy, but also with the humor, warmth, everyday foibles and irrepressible hopes of a people determined to live free.”

This year I will sponsor Occupy AIPAC by donating 20% of all income from the book for the month of March to the organizers at CodePink.

During the conference, on March 3 – 4, I’ll also offer the Kindle version of the book for FREE.

Everyone is encouraged to download a free copy. If you find it to be a useful way to introduce friends and family members to the beauty of Palestine and the almost indescribable injustice of occupation, you’re welcome to suggest or gift it through the rest of March, which will result in a larger donation to Occupy AIPAC. The eBook is currently only $2.99.

About Pamela Olson

Pamela Olson is the author of Fast Times in Palestine. She blogs here.

1. Pamela Olson
    March 1, 2012, 3:39 pm

I’ll be touring in Austin, TX in April and England in May, inshallah. If you have any contacts in either area who might like to host a Fast Times event, or if you’d like to meet up and/or be kept in the loop of what’s going on in your area, please feel free to be in touch! (pamolson @ gmail)

• Bumblebye
      March 1, 2012, 6:41 pm

England in May…
      Mid May? I know there’ll be a Palestine Veterans gathering then, somewhere in Staffordshire I think, can’t ask Dad for details at moment as he’s in Australia ’til the end of the month. They don’t seem to be on line as a group, but he’ll get snail mail informing him sometime soon. If you’re interested (and in the country at the right time too!) I’ll send details when I can.

• Pamela Olson
        March 1, 2012, 8:13 pm

Mid-May would be the best time, with events surrounding Nakba day. Any leads or details will be much appreciated!

• Bumblebye
        March 1, 2012, 8:38 pm

Okey-doke!
        I’ve made note to self, will pounce on Dad soon as he’s back. Those i met last October were a great bunch, but all in their 80’s of course. Theirs has been the missing narrative in the history, apart from Kosminsky’s “Promise” last year.

2. Real Jew
    March 1, 2012, 5:47 pm

Thank you so much Pamela. You are an inspiration and exceptional human being.

I have some like minded family in Austin that may be interested. I’ll be sure to contact you if they are

3. Oscar
    March 1, 2012, 7:16 pm

Hey, Pamela, is there a way we can buy the book for the kindle through mondoweiss so we can support both great efforts?

• Pamela Olson
      March 1, 2012, 8:12 pm

Hi Oscar,

There’s no mechanism for buying through the Mondoweiss site, but if you buy in March, part of the money will go to the organizers of Occupy AIPAC. Perhaps in another month I can do a similar sponsorship with this site…

4. Annie Robbins
    March 1, 2012, 7:50 pm

that’s so generous of you pam. and as you know i love the book. the more it circulates the better. i wish i could be in washington during the occupy aipac event. i know it will be very successful this year, i just know it.

5. Wonder Bunder
    March 2, 2012, 2:10 pm

Thanks for your genorisity, Pam. I had the pleasure of meeting you at Penn BDS, where you signed a copy of your book for me. I’m looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the great speakers who will be at Occupy AIPAC.

• Pamela Olson
      March 2, 2012, 3:00 pm

I’d love to see you there, but unfortunately I won’t be making it down to Washington this weekend. Wish I could — it was a lot of fun last year, and this year should only be better! The movement is growing by leaps and bounds…

6. Pamela Olson
    March 3, 2012, 12:24 pm

Today’s the day — Please feel free to download a FREE Kindle copy of Fast Times in Palestine, and spread the word! One by one, we can bring the realities in Palestine to American minds: link to amazon.com

(It’ll be free on Sunday, too, btw)

• tree
      March 3, 2012, 3:37 pm

As someone who downloaded the book earlier, I heartily recommend it! Pamela has a wonderful evocative way with words. You feel as if you are there with her as she describes the landscape, the culture and the reality. The book is both disheartening and uplifting at the same time.

Do it! Download it when you get the chance. You don’t need a Kindle to read it. You can read it on your computer as well, or your Iphone, or Ipad, or Blackberry, Android, etc. with the free Kindle reading app.

Thanks Pamela! You’re a gifted writer and an all around compassionate human being in my book.