‘I thought the Democrats supported a two-state solution, Madame Speaker’

Code Pink disrupts an appearance by Nancy Pelosi at a Politico breakfast in Charlotte. Rae Abileah issues the challenge in my headline near the beginning of the clip, as she’s frogmarched out; and Abileah tells me, “It’s odd to be the only group here bringing up Israel and Palestine issues in the streets and inside the high profile events.” Abileah also talks about the Israel lobby’s money in the video.

My favorite bit is Pelosi walking out to her SUV at the end (global warming alert) as Code Pink heckles her, “Stop funding war.”

“You’re making a peace process in Israel and Palestine impossible,” Medea Benjamin says to her at the end.

1. Dan Crowther
    September 7, 2012, 10:36 am

I should join Code Pink, I think I could take the pearl necklace militia attacking Medea and Co. How appropriate that Democratic Party leaders have a Barbara Bush Brigade doing security for them…….

2. Kathleen
    September 7, 2012, 10:47 am

Code Pink always stepping up to the plate. Hey that crowd did not try to beat the crap out of Rae for exercising her rights to protest the way the Aipac crowd did

• sardelapasti
      September 7, 2012, 3:44 pm

“that crowd did not try to beat the crap out of Rae for exercising her rights to protest the way the Aipac crowd did”

Is that the “but Saudi is even worse than us” defense, or the “but we don’t burn them in ovens” one?

3. just
    September 7, 2012, 10:52 am

Thank you Code Pink for continuing to speak for so many and reminding others of the need for a conscience, and thank you Philip for sharing this.

4. crypticvalentin
    September 7, 2012, 5:43 pm
  5. J. Otto Pohl
    September 8, 2012, 9:41 am

Bravo! It is the hard left Democrats like Pelosi that have been the staple of Israeli support in the US. Without the support of people calling themselves “socialists”, “leftists”, and “liberals” Israel would have gone the way of South Africa years ago. It is only because the Zionists have had the support of much of the international left for much of their existence including crucial Soviet aid from 1947-1949 and American liberals since 1943 that they remain the last apartheid settler colony on earth.

6. Annie Robbins
    September 9, 2012, 3:33 pm

wow, i completely missed this the other day. i love codepink. i love them. they are so brave they make my heart sing.