Looks like Bibi has pulled a complete Fonzarelli into shark jumping territory. The New Yorker, which runs a weekly cartoon caption contest, has branched out to photos. Inspired by Benjamin Netanyahu’s performance at the the UN yesterday, the magazine has started a caption contest for this photo:
The New Yorker‘s cartoon editor Bob Mankoff writes:
I know that the subject is serious; that is just one reason why the graphic, which he apparently made at Kinkos, is so ridiculous. And if Israeli intelligence thinks that’s what a real bomb looks like, maybe their other projections are off as well. I’m surprised he could get that thing past U.N. security.
Anyway, with the justification that the ridiculous deserves ridicule, I invite you to pile it on, using this photo as the basis for a caption contest.
You can follow the results on the Twitter hashtag #BibiBombCaption. Some of my favorites from the New Yorker comment section are:
– 47%? Pah – I don’t give a damn about 90% of you.
– You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it’s me, I’m a little fucked up maybe, but I’m funny how, I mean funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
– This is how many Palestinians we’ve killed already in the 1st stage, Expected deadline for 2nd stage is ….
– The people at FedEx Office said that this looked better than our pie chart in the shape of a radioactivity symbol.
– If this doesn’t scare you, wait until you see my “BLAM!” card.
– If they get hold of a photocopier, there will be 1000s of these by next week.
– meep meep!