As we reported over here, President Barack Obama’s victory capped off a very bad night for the Jewish right. But you don’t have to take it from us: check out the results.
Below, you’ll find election results for the Congressional races Mondoweiss has reported on in recent years, as well as links to our past coverage. Some of the races have not been called yet; this list will be updated throughout the day. “District” races are for the House of Representatives.
Races to watch
–(R) Shmuley Boteach v. (D) Bill Pascrell — New Jersey 9th District. Pascrell beat Boteach handily, according to NorthJersey.com.
- NJ Republican candidate for Congress spent election day in Israel, meeting with Netanyahu
- Adelson doubles down on TV’s most famous Republican sex-advice rabbi
- Lobby smeared Pascrell as ‘Islamist fellow traveler’ for signing Gaza letter– and lobby lost
- The journey of one congressman who finally spoke out for Palestine
–(R) Allen West v. (D) Patrick Murphy — Florida District 18. Murphy upset West in a razor-tight race, as Murphy won by a margin of 2,400 votes.
- Rep. Allen West says Obama is Neville Chamberlain (to Arab Nazis)
- Huckabee and Allen West to speak at Hebron Fund settlers gala in Queens
- 4 Republican congresspeople ‘pledge’ to hold West Bank
–(R) Adam Hasner v. (D) Lois Frankel — Florida District 22. Frankel beats Hasner.
- Chairman of ‘Jewish Americans for Romney’ says Jews have ‘superior’ claims to land
- Meet the donors who likely attended Romney’s Florida fundraiser
–(R) Bono Mack v. (D) Raul Ruiz–California District 36. Ruiz pulled out a victory in a close race.
–(D) Howard Berman v. Brad Sherman (D)–California District 30. Sherman claimed victory early this morning in what has been a nasty race after Berman conceded. The two Democrats were pitted against each other due to redistricting and a new law allowing the top two vote getters in a primary to face each other regardless of party affiliation.
- Help! Howard Berman gets endorsement from ‘very senior Israeli officials’ thru former Rep Mel Levine
–(D) Kyrsten Sinema v. (R) Vernon Parker–Arizona District 9. The race has yet to be called, but Sinema is clinging to a slight lead.
- Once she joined ‘Women in Black’ and opposed aid to Israel. And then– she ran for Congress and went to AIPAC
– (R) Josh Mandel v. (D) Sherrod Brown–Ohio Senate. Brown beat Mandel with a comfortable lead.
–(R) Joe Walsh v. (D) Tammy Duckworth — Illinois District 8. Duckworth beat Walsh by a comfortable margin.
- ‘Let go of two-state solution insanity’ — says Illinois congressman who supports transfer
- Hardline Israel backers gave cash to Rep. Joe Walsh, author of Op-Ed calling for Israeli apartheid
- Chicago Muslims blame GOP official for ‘creating hate’ that led to attacks on Islamic centers
- Congressman with ties to Netanyahu calls J Street ‘anti-Semitic’
- Tea Party congressman’s one-state solution