As always we are humbled and excited to report that we have reached (and exceeded!) our fundraising goal for December. Thank you! We appreciate this vote of confidence and promise to continue full steam ahead in 2013.
The last year has been another period of incredible growth for the site. A review of site stats show that we hit nearly 9 million page views from 5.2 million visitors, some of whom made nearly 110,000 comments in the past year (you can compare these numbers to 2011 and 2010).
In 2012 Mondoweiss published over 3,400 posts — here were the top 10 viewed posts:
10. ’60 Minutes’ profiles Palestinian Christians, Michael Oren falls on his face by Adam Horowitz
8. Major olive producing village ordered to uproot 1,400 trees by May 1 by Allison Deger
6. Dissecting IDF propaganda: The numbers behind the rocket attacks by Phan Nguyen
3. Dear Red Hot Chili Peppers… by Tali Shapiro
2. ‘Savage’ NY subway ads get a make-over– revealing their true character by Philip Weiss
and number one, viewed over 84,000 times, – ‘Do you feel more Arab or more American?’: Two women’s story of being detained and interrogated at Ben Gurion by Najwa Doughman and Sasha Al-Sarabi
As you can see, half of these posts are by contributors in the broader Mondoweiss community, and it’s that community that continues to make the site what it is. Thank you for all the ways you have supported our work, and see you in the new year!