About Katie Miranda

Katie Miranda is an illustrator, jewelry designer, calligrapher, and cartoonist living in Portland, OR. Her Arabic calligraphy jewelry and apparel are favorites of people in the Palestine solidarity community. Katie runs Palbox: a quarterly subscription box containing Palestinian goods benefiting the Northern California branch of the International Solidarity Movement. Connect on Facebook and Twitter

1. kayq
    November 20, 2013, 9:59 am

Omg these are hilarious. Thank you Katie!

2. Marco
    November 20, 2013, 10:11 am

Oh no, by the time I got to Cory Booker I couldn’t contain myself! These are great.

Is that a real picture of Booker carrying Boteach? That’s hilarious.

Edit: Apparently it is. From the Forward: “Future Leaders: Cory Booker playfully lifts Rabbi Shmuley Boteach during a year the Rhodes Scholar spent at Oxford University in England.”

So Booker’s been tight with Boteach since the early 90’s.

3. Krauss
    November 20, 2013, 11:05 am

Do you mind if I turn the tables?

link to youtube.com

Naftali Bennett’s “Coin of To Beat All Other Coins”. He displayed it during an Amanpour interview as well.

I’ve written on this website that Bennett is the most likely successor to Bibi. He’s so alike him. Remember Bibi’s bomb cartoon? Well, Bennett’ Coin is the natural successor.

4. pabelmont
    November 20, 2013, 11:07 am

Love it. So funny.

Maybe protesters should wear this stuff outside AIPAC offices (etc.) to do a take off on the smaller (more “tasteful” !?) emblems of USA/Israel co-operation co-optation.

BTW, is wearing a two-flags emblem (USA and Israel flags) a statement of dual-loyalty? Just asking.

5. Walid
    November 20, 2013, 11:19 am

Lady modeling the Masada hat should have been holding a broom.

6. Walid
    November 20, 2013, 11:26 am

Weiner’s got boobs????

• Bumblebye
      November 20, 2013, 12:01 pm

No, girls get those. Boys get ‘moobs’, a contraction of man-boobs!

Edit: I hear the distinction is considered very important by those who suffer from them.

• eljay
      November 20, 2013, 12:04 pm

>> Weiner’s got boobs????

Weiner (in that photo, anyway) has a well-toned chest. This guy has man-boobs.

• piotr
        November 20, 2013, 9:02 pm

I thought that dependent on content, men have “pectorals”, mostly muscle, and moobs, mostly (if not exclusively) fat.

OTOH, this is really uncharitable photo of Weinert, reminding me a sexist adage that “great sex if you cover her face with a towel”. And boxers are definitely an improvement (over pics allegedly sent by Weinert to fellow chatters).

After such indecent thoughts, I would add that Corey set-up MUST include tightly fastened belt, otherwise the hand of good rabbi could stray dangerously.

7. LanceThruster
    November 20, 2013, 12:47 pm

What’s the ‘tell’ on Hagel’s tie?

• yrn
      November 21, 2013, 11:10 am

What’s the ‘tell’ on Hagel’s tie?
      Blue and white, don’t you know according to Mondowiess, everyone wearing white and blue is a Pro-Zionist.

• LanceThruster
        November 21, 2013, 1:28 pm

Well, I’ll give him points for subtlety. The stripes are barely evocative of the Israeli flag. I guess the powder blue seals to deal.

8. Ron Edwards
    November 20, 2013, 7:46 pm

Wasn’t there a push for Israeli keffiyahs a few years ago, in blue-and-white with a Star of David? Googling … yes, here: link to semiticswag.com. “Revolutionary” and “original” at the same time, the sense of which escapes me, but I shall skirt that rabbit hole and move on.

9. flyod
    November 21, 2013, 8:08 am

something they can all wear with pride..
    link to cafepress.com