Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook

Israel/PalestineUS Politics

Editor’s Note: The following is Max Blumenthal’s reply to Eric Alterman’s ninth piece attacking him and his book Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel. The Nation rejected Blumenthal’s request for the right to reply.

I appreciate the many thoughtful responses of Nation readers from across a wide spectrum of views about my book, Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel, contributing to an important discussions that will continue for years to come. It is unfortunate that Eric Alterman has disparaged their letters and the debate itself.

Blumenthal-GoliathAs the author of a blog that boasts “well chosen words,” Eric Alterman has, in the course of about one month, volunteered nine lengthy, invective laden, error ridden — and still uncorrected — diatribes against me and my book, Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel. Six of his attacks were published after he declared that my book was “being (appropriately) ignored,” and after he wrote the following: “If my editors came to me again and asked me to devote my column to Blumenthal’s book, knowing what I know now, I would tell them, ‘No, thanks.'”

While Alterman insistently wrote in the Nation that he would refuse to debate me under any circumstance, he requested $10,000 under the table from Philip Weiss, editor of Mondoweiss.com, where some of my articles have appeared. When Weiss disclosed the fact, Alterman wrote, “Dear Mondoweiss dipshits,” then admitted he had asked for the money. And when Andrew Sullivan blogged without comment Alterman’s deception to Nation readers, Alterman lashed out, writing, “Why does Andrew Sullivan “hate America (and Andrew Sullivan)?”

To manufacture his latest attack on me and my book, Alterman has turned to Free Beacon, an extreme right-wing website published by the Republican lobbyist, former Sarah Palin spokesman and Sheldon Adelson funded Emergency Committee for Israel advisor Michael Goldfarb. Alterman communicated with Free Beacon writer Alana Goodman, who had once approvingly cited Rabbi Meir Kahane, the fascist Israeli demagogue, in order to praise President George W. Bush.

Cooperating with and linking to the Free Beacon was more than peculiar coming from someone who has made a reputation as a critic of conservative media. But Alterman has chosen to use this dubious outlet for his vituperation and as a supposedly reliable source. Most recently, the Free Beacon claimed Goliath had “received rave reviews from [white supremacist] David Duke’s website.”

Days later, Alterman echoed the claim that my book had been “endorsed” by Duke’s website, linking to the Free Beacon’s piece on his blog at TheNation.com.

In fact, a writer for DavidDuke.com had cited an ex-Israeli writer and jazz musician, Gilad Atzmon, who had in fact criticized me for trying in Goliath to “vindicate the Jews as a collective,” and who I have repeatedly denounced as an anti-Semite with neo-fascist tendencies. My statements against Atzmon (and articles exposing Duke’s machinations) are easily searchable, as are Atzmon’s attempts to smear me. But Alterman failed to engage in this rudimentary method of journalism and instead, without checking, sourced a far-right website repeating David Duke repeating an anti-Semite I have repeatedly denounced.

While the Free Beacon’s cheap trick was predictable, Alterman should have been skeptical about this particular smear, not least because it has been used against none other than Eric Alterman. In fact, David Duke declared that “Eric Alterman deserves to be commended” for his 2012 article on the influence of Sheldon Adelson. (The Free Beacon acts as a PR mouthpiece for Adelson, routinely defending him against criticism.)

Duke quoted from Alterman: “If a Jew-hater somewhere, inspired perhaps by The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, sought to invent an individual who symbolizes almost all the anti-Semitic clichés that have dogged the Jewish people throughout history, he could hardly come up with a character more perfect than Sheldon Adelson.”

Of course, David Duke’s favorable quotation of Eric Alterman no more taints Alterman than DavidDuke.com’s reference to my book reflects on it. That’s something that Alterman should know—and has known.

During a May 18, 2009 panel discussion sponsored by the liberal pro-Israel group J Street, Alterman was asked if he feared that criticizing Israeli policies encouraged anti-Semitism. His response is an effective refutation of his own use of the Free Beacon and David Duke. [Alterman's remarks begin at 48:45 in this video]:

“I do fuel anti-Semitism. I write things about Israel that turn up on anti-Semitic websites. And I see myself quoted on them. And it bothers me a great deal when I see it and it happens all the time.

There are no perfect choices in life as you become an adult. Life is a matter of available alternatives and to me the dangers [of Israel's rightward path] are far more significant to the Jewish people and my values than the dangers posed by anti-Semitism.

I think anti-Semitism is, in most places and most situations, of manageable proportions. In fact, it’s at all time low in most Western countries and people talk about an enormous increase in anti-Semitism in Europe but that’s largely fueled by an increase of Islamic people in Europe. If you go to France and speak to French people, they’re less anti-Semitic than French people have been. And certainly in this country, it’s to me an insignificant problem.

I think the ADL has kind of a racket going with all the money they raise. I picked up the Jewish Week a few weeks ago and it said — there was an ad from the ADL, it said, ‘We will protect you.’ I said, ‘From whom? I have a doorman! I don’t need you!’

So it bothers me a great deal. I don’t like these anti-Semites but I think we face much greater problems right now and the problems are largely a matter of us not facing up to [Israel's rightward path].”

Posting his latest smear against Goliath, using the transparent David Duke gambit, Alterman declared on Twitter: “OK, I’m done with this shit.” He’s said this before.

About Max Blumenthal

Max Blumenthal is an award-winning journalist and bestselling author.

1. richb
    December 2, 2013, 4:39 pm

I can attest that during Max’s talk in Boulder he called out Atzmon’s anti-Semitism and called on other supporters of Palestinians to not tolerate anti-Semitism in our midst. I also note in passing that the busted footnotes in the Kindle and iBooks version of Goliath allowed Atzmon to get in a cheap shot. The fact he called out the Kindle version showed that he probably knew the footnotes existed in the print version.

• Krauss
      December 2, 2013, 6:43 pm

Atzmon serves the same role as David Duke does in these discussions. Someone nobody reads but everyone passes around to bash the other guy over the head with.

By the way. So Max’s book was the Hamas book club’s choice, then it was suddenly David Duke and then Gilad Atzmon. What’s next? The Stalinist party of the USA(if there even is such an organization)? Maybe Alterman will claim that Assad is a fan of his. Maybe the North Korean regime. Who knows what’s next.

All you can say, however, is that Alterman has written about this 9 times. Each time is more outlandish and, frankly, ridiculous than the other. Doesn’t he get that people are still waiting for him to engage seriously in substance? Oh wait, he already admitted the book was “technically mostly correct”.

Everything that has happened since is just his inner demons going after Max, because he cannot cope with the reality of what Israel has become, including inside the green line(or what’s left of it), which is most frightening.

I’m not sure what adjective he’ll throw next. I’m not sure it matters. I’m not sure he matters. This is becomming a personal feud and for each passing day, less about the book. That speaks volumes about Alterman’s lack of success. He went for the smear. He failed. Now, like a desperate gambler, he’s trying to double-down on a failed strategy. Nine times.

As someone said, this is starting to look like free PR.
      And it’s destroying Eric Alterman’s reputation in the process. It’s obvious to see why Max wants to keep this going.

• W.Jones
        December 2, 2013, 8:38 pm

Yes, Max writes a book full of anecdotes and real stories about the system like a provocative journalist and gets torn down for it by a person claiming to be a critic of the system.

It puts cards on the table, doesn’t it?

2. pabelmont
    December 2, 2013, 4:58 pm

Alterman wrote nine times about Goliath? Well, well. A lot of free advertising (of a sort) from someone who admits that Goliath’s facts are mostly true, seems to dislike the book anyway, and also dislikes its author and its defenders.

I guess Alterman loves Israel (the sinner) though he hates the sin (racism, oppression, violating international law).

• Donald
      December 2, 2013, 5:28 pm

“Alterman wrote nine times about Goliath? Well, well. A lot of free advertising”

True, though at this point I almost think it’s fair to say that Alterman, a third rate pundit who occasionally writes something worth reading, might be getting more publicity out of Max than the other way around.

3. Philip Munger
    December 2, 2013, 4:58 pm

Max is about to appear at the National Press Club. He will not be introduced by Eric Alterman:

Location: Ballroom

National Press Club: The Main Ballroom
    529 14th Street NW 13th Floor

Cocktails & hors d’oeuvres served

link to press.org

• American
      December 2, 2013, 9:57 pm

“The” National Press Club?
      Wow…thats great!

• Citizen
        December 3, 2013, 5:24 pm

Will we get the results on the line script at the bottom of our tv screen, just like the NFL scores?

4. MHughes976
    December 2, 2013, 5:11 pm

But there’s a certain defensiveness about scanning the relationship between Alterman and Duke, as if Duke’s saying ‘I agree with you’ proved or could in any circumstances prove anything about anybody other than Duke himself or his admitted acolytes. If things done by those in power by Israel give an opening to Duke that is, if it is anything, a reason for even stronger condemnation of those things and not, absolutely and totally not, a reason for objecting to those who condemn them and not a reason for changing the subject. The ‘I suspect you of anti-Semitism’ ploy will always work so long as it has the effect of changing the subject to lengthy and anxious demonstrations of ‘Oh no I’m not’. No one ever seems to say what they mean by ‘anti-Semitism’ anyway.
    The correct and dignified response, I think, is to say ‘What I have I said that indicates prejudice?’. Only when prejudice has been shown is there logical reason to discuss where the prejudice comes from.
    Well, I suppose that it’s easy for me to say this. I haven’t ventured into this dangerous arena.

5. American
    December 2, 2013, 5:27 pm

Alterman’s first take down of Max, The I Hate Israel Handbook column, was so superficial and silly it couldnt even be considered ‘a review’ of the book.
    Now he’s acting like one of those teenage on- line bullies.
    Let him keep embarassing himself though….it will up the book sales.

6. frankier
    December 2, 2013, 5:38 pm

“he requested $10,000 under the table from Philip Weiss”

If money were not an issue, Max Blumenthal should have set him up and expose his “malackery” during the debate… That would have been fun…

• Philip Munger
      December 2, 2013, 6:38 pm

That’s not Max Blumenthal.

Alterman has dealt with this poorly. Max’s best work is ahead of him. Alterman’s isn’t likely to get any better than the corner he has currently painted himself into.

• Krauss
        December 2, 2013, 6:47 pm

There’s also professional envy. Max is a much more gifted writer. Alterman has written tons of books. Nobody reads these books. People still read Republican Gomorrah, because it was such a prescient book in many ways.

Goliath will, over time, prove the same. It managed to dislodge the ultra-hyped Ari Shavit book on Amazon with a virtual MSM blockade. That tells you something.

And overall, the reason why Alterman is so desperate is because he knows Blumenthal’s book is getting a lot of attention on the left, especially the grassroots. When was the last time Alterman’s books gained such recognition?

Max isn’t only younger. He’s smarter too. And he’s already more influential in shaping the debate. Of course an oldtimer like Alterman is raging. His massive ego is getting deflated and we’re seeing his hilarious meltdown play it before our eyes in real time.
        It’s really fun watching it :D

• frankier
        December 2, 2013, 7:04 pm

Phil, I was being facetious, of course, but sometime I cannot help thinking that people like Alterman continue to have an audience because no one exposes them for what they really are.

Unfortunately, a class act like Max’s most likely will not register with Alterman’s audience since they are unlikely to read Mondoweiss and will continue to be bamboozed by Alterman, who laughs all the way to the bank.

• RoHa
      December 2, 2013, 11:28 pm

“he requested $10,000 under the table from Philip Weiss”

Phil, you’ve got $10,000 to toss around?
      If so, toss it my way and I’ll debate anyone you like.

7. W.Jones
    December 2, 2013, 5:46 pm

But Alterman failed to engage in this rudimentary method of journalism

How much do you want to bet Altermann would not care, Max?

Why would Altermann make those kinds of comments on the May 18, 2009 panel discussion, and then denounce you so severely?

(eg. ” I think we face much greater problems right now and the problems are largely a matter of us not facing up to” the system in the Holy Land).

8. ToivoS
    December 2, 2013, 5:53 pm

I am through with this shit

No you arn’t Eric. Every time you opened your trap you just got in deeper and deeper. At this point silence will not get you out.

9. Sycamores
    December 2, 2013, 6:11 pm

Max Blumenthal triumphs on his book Goliath and for exposing Alterman Intellectual cowardice. kudos!

10. EUR1069
    December 2, 2013, 6:13 pm

Man, oh man… If this was a South Park episode it would be called “Jew Fight” LOL Alterman is SO done.

11. kalithea
    December 2, 2013, 6:42 pm

Oh so Alterman said this first: “If a Jew-hater somewhere, inspired perhaps by The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, sought to invent an individual who symbolizes almost all the anti-Semitic clichés that have dogged the Jewish people throughout history, he could hardly come up with a character more perfect than Sheldon Adelson.”

And then this: “I don’t like these anti-Semites but I think we face much greater problems right now and the problems are largely a matter of us not facing up to [Israel's rightward path].”

So the saying is true! Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The fog of Zionism causes all kinds of confusion and contradiction and brings out staggering hypocrisy especially with so-called “Liberal” Zionists.

Take solace in the fact that his true colors surfaced. Methinks he doth protest too much; it’s rather flattering to be paid so much attention albeit negative. IMHO exposing hypocrites is quite empowering. And I believe that’s his real problem. Hypocrites end up falling into a never-ending defensive spiral that leads nowhere.

12. OlegR
    December 2, 2013, 7:19 pm

Max this advertising your book by picking fights with whomever as long as it makes waves is transparent
    and i ultimately futile.
    Your book is just not good enough it’s too self centered and too “look what a clever writer i am ” besides the onesidedness and the contempt for all things Israel
    based on whatever the hell formed your world view.

• Ron Edwards
      December 3, 2013, 12:35 am

Max picking fights? (looks all around, looks under chair)

Fail, Oleg.

Also, Goliath is illustrated the power of real advertising – those who read it, recommend it to others. What’s written about it is foam on the surface by comparison, whether thoughtful and informed or posturing and deceitful. The latter of which you’ve just demonstrated.

• Taxi
      December 3, 2013, 1:12 am

oleg,

You mean to tell us that in between manning illegal checkpoints and humiliating indigenous Palestinians, you’ve made time to purchase and read Max’s book and concluded after reading it that the book “is just not good enough”?

LOL! You really are so full of HS (horse sh*t). It’s “transparent” that you didn’t even buy the book, let alone read it.

• Cliff
      December 3, 2013, 3:24 am

@OlegR

1. You haven’t read Max’s book. You are an ignorant troll.

2. Eric Alterman initiated this entire feud. Max is just responding.

• Ecru
      December 3, 2013, 5:16 am

@ Oleg

“Your book is just not good enough….”

So you’ve read it then Oleg?

• OlegR
        December 3, 2013, 5:42 am

Tell me when you start reading a book and it’s terrible do you just keep
        reading till the bitter end or at some point do you stop and say
        ok this is garbage ?

• Cliff
        December 3, 2013, 5:49 am

You have not read the book at all.

You said that you read the Amazon PREVIEW chapters, but I think that’s a lie anyway.

And you should read the entire book to criticize the entire book.

Not even Alterman thinks the book is garbage. He concedes it’s technically accurate.

• Ecru
        December 3, 2013, 6:55 am

@ Oleg

However in answer to your question – I’ve actually only ever stopped reading a book once. “Cabal” by Clive Barker. It really was a book impossible to put down – I had to throw it at the wall. With some force.

• amigo
        December 3, 2013, 7:12 am

“Tell me when you start reading a book and it’s terrible do you just keep
        reading till the bitter end or at some point do you stop and say
        ok this is garbage ?” oleg.

“Akiva Eldar/Rashid Khalidi/Glenn Greenwald/David Hirst/Adam Hochschild and Charles Glass “.

I would say you did not read past their comments.That was the bitter end for you.

Basically you are a coward .

• amigo
        December 3, 2013, 7:25 am

Ecru, oleg and his ilk would put the book down before he ever picked it up.

• marc b.
        December 3, 2013, 8:27 am

yes, really, olerg, do tell. on which page did you stop reading? and why don’t you catalogue the factual/historical errors in ‘goliath’ that lead you to the conclusion that ‘this is garbage’. I’m sure your input will be extremely helpful for those of us who are reading the book.

• Talkback
        December 3, 2013, 8:33 am

Max Blumenthal’s book is awesome. I like how he mixes history with his own interviews. Right now it’s the one book I would recommend to anyone who wants to know about the conflict. Other books are too distant, too academic.

Israel is the last place on earth I would like to be, because of its racist and fascist laws and atmosphere. I can only imagine how it must have felt in other countries to remain silent when witnessing injustice commited against Jews, because they just beat or even shoot you otherwise.

Alterman know this. That’s why he’s behaving like a maniac and is obsessed with this book.

• Ecru
        December 3, 2013, 11:05 am

@ amigo

The problem is Oleg hasn’t said he’s read the book. All he’s done is ask a question about putting a book down, with the inference on our part supposed to be that he has read the book. I know that sounds incredibly distrustful but I’ve unfortunately learned that this is the only way to interact with Zionists.

• adele
        December 3, 2013, 11:32 am

Oleg,
        I can understand the fear you must be feeling at the thought of reading Max’s book. I sympathize with you for it is not easy to expose one’s beliefs to a reality that may completely undermine your raison d’etre, the foundations upon which you built your identity. It can be an emotionally traumatic event & process when the reality starts to sink in of what Israel truly is. Any challenge to an idea that we have invested our lives in is painful but there can be no development or growth without challenges. I don’t say this mockingly or tritely. It is simply a part of the human experience and condition, and avoiding or denying it leaves you stuck in an unresolved state of being where there are many contradictions and fears. We each go at our own pace, but one’s inability to confront the truth does not only affect the individual but society as well, and therein lies the tragedy.

• hophmi
        December 3, 2013, 1:40 pm

“He concedes it’s technically accurate.”

A guard shoots someone who was in the middle of murdering twenty babies.

Writing only that the guard shot someone and leaving out the second part of the sentence is technically accurate. That’s the nature of Alterman’s charge, as he explained here:

link to thenation.com

“Blumenthal adds that he does not understand why I would concede that his book is “mostly technically accurate” but remain so critical. He is, apparently, unfamiliar with the concept of “context.” It might be technically accurate, for instance, to say that an individual who fatally shoots a crazed killer while said killer is mowing down schoolchildren with an assault-weapon is a “murderer.” But it would also be profoundly misleading, given the context.”

Familiar with the term “context,” Cliffy?

• OlegR
        December 3, 2013, 5:15 pm

/So you DID buy/borrow/steal the book and at least start reading it? Sorry Oleg but your answer actually wasn’t one, it was wiggle room./

Amazon provided free chapters from the book which i have read.

• OlegR
        December 3, 2013, 5:17 pm

Ok i have read the wiki summary of the book that does sound terrible.

• tree
        December 3, 2013, 6:13 pm

And what is the “context” for the racism that Israeli leaders mouth daily and what is the “context” for the unequal treatment of Palestinian Israelis by the Israeli government? What is the “context” for the continual 65 year long grab of private Palestinian land to build and/or enlarge Jewish settlements both inside and outside the greenline? Or the harassment and violence against African asylum seekers?

Oh, don’t bother. We know. KHAMAS!!!1! The Mufti!!! Bad neighborhood!!!

None of which justifies the racism, hophmi and you know it.

BTW, nice warped touch of Alterman in comparing all Palestinians to crazed baby killers. No racism there, no siree!

• Citizen
        December 3, 2013, 9:51 pm

@ hophmi
        Here’s the context for those unfamiliar: http://www.ifamericansknew.org

• jenin
        December 4, 2013, 10:06 am

@OlegR: The Amazon sample is only a few pages of a 500 page book. As for the wiki summary, you cannot be serious with that comment. Nor can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you embark on a critique of a book that you obviously have not read. Additionally, if you wish to be taken seriously, I recommend giving some concrete reasons for your conclusions, rather than making vague statements that the book is “terrible.” Of course, you cannot give any specific examples because you haven’t actually read the book.

• Cliff
      December 3, 2013, 5:51 am

If Zionist trolls hate Max’s book, then it’s a great book. Thanks for the endorsement Oleg.

• just
      December 3, 2013, 7:36 am

“Max Blumenthal is the young author of the recently published book, “Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel”. Max will discuss his controversial book and the exceedingly varied responses to it in Israel and the United States. He spent much of the past four years reporting the book on the ground in Israel and the occupied territories. Max spoke with political leaders across the ideological spectrum, with their engaged followers and with ordinary citizens. He observed the everyday working of the occupation, and talked with occupiers and the occupied alike. He will take questions from the public.

Professor Stephen Walt of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government: “Brave reporting of a sad, even tragic tale. Makes me wish he wrote for the New York Times.””

link to nationinstitute.org

Who has endorsed you lately, Oleg?

13. pabelmont
    December 2, 2013, 9:48 pm

Israel used nasty “means” to achieve the “ends” of creating a super-majority Jewish state in 1948. It is still using (and maybe increasing) those nasty “means” — this is the subject of GOLIATH.

At the same time, the justification for creating Israel in the first place (creation of a place for Jews to go to escape oppression and persecution in Europe) is becoming null-and-void as Israelis are moving out of Israel to (of all places) Germany! And of course they are quite ready to remain in many other places without going to Israel: USA and Iran come to mind.

BTW, the suggestion that anti-Zionism is actually antisemitism is a calculated strategy to support the false idea that Jews are still subject to oppression in Europe.

And since Israel was created in 1948, it has not abandoned the “means” it adopted to form itself but continued with them so that we have apartheid within green-line Israel and also in the OPTs.

It is as if the “means” (that created Israel in 1948) were inextricably woven into the fabric of the “ends” (creation of Israel) so that anyone seeking to know whether or not the “ends” justify the “means” must conclude that asking this question requires asking the question, do the “means” justify the “means”. Circular. And they do not.

I’ve written about all this here.

14. traintosiberia
    December 2, 2013, 11:29 pm

The reason Slterman is upset with the rightward shift of Israel is the same reason there is antisemitism among the immigrants of Islamic faith. Victims don’t do nuances. Neither should it be expected.

15. Kathleen
    December 3, 2013, 1:41 pm

The Nation’s editors asked him to devote a column to your new book? Or was it his choice?

Alterman demanded 10,ooo under the table from Mondoweiss and Phil made that public? How could Alterman not see that one coming?

Max as you have said your critics never argue the facts that you write about in your book or talk about at your presentations. Just spend time throwing out the tried and successful “you’re an anti semite” song and dance to clog up the real debate.

Go Max

• Rusty Pipes
      December 3, 2013, 6:23 pm

Alterman claims that he didn’t really grasp the difficulty of the task he had been assigned until the book arrived. Unless the Nation’s editors had made him an offer he couldn’t refuse, he should have passed. With each successive commentary on Blumenthal’s book he pens, he undermines his credibility with the Nation’s readership (liberal American intellectuals, the Democratic Party base — a significant percentage of whom are neither Jewish nor Christian Zionist).

16. Les
    December 3, 2013, 2:07 pm

Those afraid of reading Max Blumenthal’s Goliath will be equally afraid to read Gilad
    Atzmon’s The Wandering Who.

• W.Jones
      December 3, 2013, 7:55 pm

You are mistaken:

This video does not exist.

• irishmoses
      December 3, 2013, 10:43 pm

The video link doesn’t work. It says, “This video does not exist.” Maybe you could provide the actual youtube link and some more context about what you are saying.

17. pabelmont
    December 3, 2013, 2:55 pm

And now, GOLIATH having been written and all, let us try to imagine the PLAN of the book that Alterman, Slater, and others are suggesting.

Let’s see:

Chap 1: Why Israel was necessary (1900-1948)

Chap 2: Why Israel is even more necessary (2013) now that Israelis are staying in USA and Iran and emigrating to Germany.

Chap 3: Why land grabs, apartheid, discrimination, racism are excellent features of a country — in Israel’s case — but never against Jews.

Chap 4: Why saving Jews from oppression is no longer Israel’s purpose, but oppressing Palestinians is.

Chap 5: Why Israelis feel that they are victims of oppression, still, and therefore are not responsible for their own behavior, which is only natural underneath the circumstances — I mean, wouldn’t you do it too if you felt this way?

• Rusty Pipes
      December 3, 2013, 5:39 pm

Chap 6: Why we must tiptoe around Israeli’s fears, so as not to make them dig in even further. Consequently, all of our energies should be expended in trust-building with Israelis (ignoring the constant fear-mongering that they are fed by their politicians). When we finally build up enough trust, we might suggest gently, as a friend, little improvements they might make — perhaps offering them more carrots (but please don’t try their delicate nerves by even suggesting that we own sticks).

• Bumblebye
        December 3, 2013, 6:15 pm

Chap 7: Why Facing the Consequences of Their Crimes Would be Too Traumatizing for Israelis and their Diaspora Supporters.

• W.Jones
        December 3, 2013, 7:53 pm

Chap 8: Why Palestinians had to be relocated from their homes.

Chap 9: What the alternatives were to forcing Palestinians to leave their homes in order to achieve relocation.

Chap 10: Why it is unrealistic for Palestinian refugees to all be allowed to return to their villages.

• ritzl
        December 3, 2013, 9:21 pm

Chap 8: Why Some Crimes are Crimes and Others are Not – A Technical Discussion. Bullets, Walls, Imprisonment, Crop Burning, and Land Confiscation v. Stones. (Practical exercises included.)

Chap 9: Why You Must Believe That We Do This for YOU.

Chap 10: Why Gaza is Not Really Occupied (and Other Myths about Sewage and Fish).

Chap 11: Why You Should Act Like a Progressive.

Well done pabelmont. You’re onto something here. The list is endless…

• Citizen
        December 3, 2013, 9:59 pm

Chap 8: Why “Never Again!” is patented and copyrighted by Zionism.

18. RoHa
    December 3, 2013, 9:51 pm

Other possible chapters are

Why Israel Is Totally Awesome And Has Sexy Beach Girls.
    Why Arabs Are Hopeless, Unshaven, Swarthy, Wild-Eyed, Jew-Hating, Etc., Etc.,
    Subhumans.
    Why This Book Is Not Big Enough To Include Everything Israeli Invented.

19. Talkback
    December 4, 2013, 8:10 am

Another chapter

Why Netanyahu and others are obsessed about the Holocaust allthough his and their family never went through it. And why people who went through it see more parallels in Israel than Iran.