Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre

Naomi Wolf

Naomi Wolf

Naomi Wolf, author of many books, wrote the following at Facebook yesterday. It is being widely shared; she gave us permission to publish. Wolf is part of a rising chorus of folks who are describing the latest Israeli onslaught as genocide.

Challenged below for why I am mourning genocide in Gaza. I mourn genocide in Gaza because I am the granddaughter of a family half wiped out in a holocaust and I know genocide when I see it. People are asking why I am taking this ‘side’. There are no sides. I mourn all victims. But every law of war and international law is being broken in the targeting of civilians in Gaza. I stand with the people of Gaza exactly because things might have turned out differently if more people had stood with the Jews in Germany. I stand with the people of Gaza because no one stood with us. I went to synagogue last Friday night and had to leave because I kept waiting for the massacre of Gaza to be addressed. … Nothing. Where is god? God is only ever where we stand with our neighbor in trouble and against injustice. I turn in my card of faith as of now because of our overwhelming silence as Jews…I don’t mean Israelis, a separate issue…about the genocide now in Gaza.

1. just
    July 22, 2014, 10:15 am

She’s right, and I thank her for ‘speaking’ and walking out.

“I want no other religion than this, that is, seeing rather than denying my neighbor under fire and embracing rather than dismissing those targeted with annihilation and ethnic cleansing.”

Exactly.

Thanks Phil.

2. justicewillprevail
    July 22, 2014, 10:23 am

Keep on breaking the silence, people of conscience.

3. Justpassingby
    July 22, 2014, 10:24 am

Phil
    Please check Commenting Policy forum where I have posed a question, once again my comment is stuck, now in this thread
    link to mondoweiss.net
    while newer posts show up before?

4. michelle
    July 22, 2014, 10:37 am

hope
    a pin drop in the deafening silence
    G-d Bless

5. seafoid
    July 22, 2014, 10:37 am

Listening to the National, thinking of all the people in Gaza.
    I hardly know them . Hope they are staying alive . I have arms for them

link to youtube.com

• just
      July 22, 2014, 10:51 am

That did it! It’s always good to have a sob.

I have arms for them, too. Thanks seafoid. Empathy goes a long way, and is often terribly underrated or entirely missing.

• seafoid
        July 22, 2014, 11:01 am

It’s a very emotional time, all the bad news, the dominance of evil narratives, the ongoing suffering of a brutalized people mixed with the hope that their hell will come to an end.

• Paldi5
        July 22, 2014, 7:00 pm

It seems they don’t have much in the way of arms really, and often they lose an arm, a leg, a life.

6. Mooser
    July 22, 2014, 10:45 am

“I turn in my card of faith as of now because of our overwhelming silence as Jews…”

This is exactly what the Zionists want. They are so happy to have a defensive layer, the Jewish religion, in between them and accountability. Get mad at the Zionists, take it out on Judaism. That’s exactly what they want.

Maybe I’m just klemperer because I never got a “card of faith” after my Bar Matzoh. But I never did know how to conduct myself.

• W.Jones
      July 22, 2014, 11:19 am

I agree with you, Mooser. But can I say that she “has” to go back if she is so disillusioned with her faith community’s general stance on the issue?

How hard is it to find a synagogue where they talk about Palestinians’ rights?
      (I don’t ask that rhetorically.) JVP has a large rabbinical council.

July 22, 2014, 6:49 pm

It’s such a lose-lose situation for the ordinary Jewish person. Very frustrating. Bigotry and hatred and theft, or even the tacit approval of it, shouldn’t be the the price tag for admission to one of the world’s great religions.

The US government, one of the most powerful agencies on the planet, seems to be almost helpless before the Zionist project, and now the Jews are supposed to take it on?

What is so frustrating is that the sensible thing for any Jew to do, the thing with the fewest consequences, is, in fact, to walk out of Temple and not come back. There may be braver things to do, there may be more ethical things to do, but that might be the most sensible.

• W.Jones
        July 22, 2014, 8:27 pm

Mooser,

In ancient times, the Temple was the center of ritual, while the synagogues also served as discussion forums, something like the Roman “forum”, or a “Socrates cafe.” In those days, the rabbis argued different points of view, and early Christians stood up to say that the ancient prophecies like Isaiah 53 predicted a Messiah who would be killed. The Christians were persecuted and rejected for announcing their visions, but nonetheless they could serve as a model: that rather than walk out, I could agree with you that ideally dissenters should stay and take the opportunity to speak out loudly about the crucial moral and humanitarian issues of today, particularly the conflict in Gaza.

July 23, 2014, 11:09 am

“In ancient times, the Temple was the center of ritual, while the synagogues also served as discussion forums, something like the Roman “forum”, or a “Socrates cafe.”

W. Jones, I neither understand your admiration for societies based on slavery, nor do I share it.
        And do they serve hemlock at the “Socrates cafe”?

• W.Jones
        July 23, 2014, 1:44 pm

That’s funny about the hemlock.
        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socrates_Cafe
        Socrates Café are gatherings around the world where people from different backgrounds get together and exchange thoughtful ideas and experiences

• Citizen
        July 22, 2014, 9:01 pm

@ Mooser
        I liked her stance: “God is only ever where we stand with our neighbor in trouble and against injustice.” A Temple is just a building, like a Church or Mosque, or an outhouse.

7. Stephen Shenfield
    July 22, 2014, 10:58 am

Is walking out really a strong enough gesture to merit an article here? The people around her may have assumed she needed to go to the toilet.

• samlebon2306
      July 22, 2014, 11:58 am

“The people around her may have assumed she needed to go to the toilet.”

She doesn’t take the front door to go to the toilet.

• W.Jones
      July 22, 2014, 3:05 pm

The article clarifies when they wonder two months from now where she’s been.

8. Pixel
    July 22, 2014, 11:01 am

Wow.

…and there will be more – courage is contagious.

9. NormanF
    July 22, 2014, 11:04 am

Naomi Wolf had not a word to say about Jewish children living under the shadow of Hamas rockets.

She had not a word to say about the massive tunnels Hamas constructed in Gaza that could have resulted in an Israeli 9/11.

Wolf had not a word to say about Israel’s right to defend itself in the face of massive Arab aggression.

And not to mention Wolf had nothing to say about the venomous anti-Semitic outbursts around the world.

• just
      July 22, 2014, 12:32 pm

“If she can’t find decency in herself to stand beside the Jewish people and Israel in their darkest hour, she should remain mercifully silent.”

This is the “darkest hour”? Really? And since when should anyone remain silent? Who are you to dictate? Do you support the treatment of Israeli protesters here:

link to mondoweiss.net

PS It’s probably best not to conflate ‘the Jewish people’ and Israel.

• eljay
      July 22, 2014, 1:00 pm

>> I stand with Israel, its right to defend itself and its right to live in security and peace. All things Wolf would not do.

You don’t stand with Israel – you stand with oppressive, colonialist, expansionst and supremacist “Jewish State” and all of its past and ON-GOING acts of immorality and injustice. All things Wolf would not do.

• Kay24
      July 22, 2014, 1:35 pm

Israel does indeed have the right to live in security and peace, but it seems Israel just does not get it….stealing lands, holding hundred of thousands of people under a brutal occupation, demolishing their homes, stealing their water, and killing them near fences and checkpoints, will NEVER bring Israel any security nor peace.
      Launching a massacre on them when they think it is time to “mow the lawn”, resulting in the deaths of MORE civilians, including babies, will never work either.

Naomi Wolf like many other Jews, realize this.

July 22, 2014, 7:29 pm

“Israel does indeed have the right to live in security and peace”

Okay, which borders do they get to live in security and peace behind? When you look into it, no, they do not have a right to live in security and peace. Hows about they decide where the borders are, if they want security and peace?

The only deed they have to the place exists in a few people’s Bibles.

• Bumblebye
      July 22, 2014, 1:37 pm

@NormanF
      And you have not a word to say about the Palestinian children being murdered beneath massive Israeli bombs.

You have not a word to say about the clear fact that Hamas have NOT used their tunnels to ‘infiltrate’ Israel on civilian killing sprees at all before the current ISRAELI aggression, and have used them solely to attack military targets since.

You have not a word to say about the right of Palestinians to defend themselves from genuinely massive Israeli aggression.

You have zero decency, you treat Israel as if it is an object of religious worship and believe even the most egregious lies emanating from it.

You have nothing to say about the venomous and genocidal anti-Arab outbursts all over Israel and occupied Palestine – which have led to violence and murders.

You stand in the toilet of history.

• tokyobk
      July 22, 2014, 2:43 pm

People like Wolf would not be walking out of synagogues.

But that is not what happened.

• eljay
        July 22, 2014, 3:18 pm

>> tokyobk: My guess is that an Israel on pre 67 (defined) borders that was actively committed to removing any ethnic based legal or actual barriers of all its citizens, could have survived with a good measure of the world’s support, even retaining a Jewish element to its national life. … But that is not what happened.

Zio-supremacists should have and could have created an Israel that was both:
        – a secular and democratic state of and for all of its Israeli citizens, immigrants, ex-pats and refugees, equally; and
        – a “culturally Jewish” state.

Instead, they chose to create an oppressive, colonialist, expansionist and supremacist “Jewish State”, and they and their state have been the underlying cause of much pain, devastation and death.

Their greed, self-righteousness and hatred has been – and will continue to be – their downfall.

• bilal a
        July 22, 2014, 3:45 pm

I don’t get it- these were political activists, socialists, idealistic kibbutz builders striving to make the desert bloom.What the heck happened?

maybe the same Chomsky disease that blames Americans for the conduct of their puppet Israel.(not the other way around)

Tribal self worship creates self deception , a deception that justifies genocide.

Because to the tribal racialists, its all about La Raza.

• Maximus Decimus Meridius
        July 22, 2014, 5:34 pm

”I don’t get it- these were political activists, socialists, idealistic kibbutz builders striving to make the desert bloom.”

No they weren’t. Zionism has ALWAYS been about contempt for the indigenous population of Palestine. Israel could never have existed without the expulsion of hundreds of thousands of people.

And the ‘idealistic’ Labour Zionists you describe were always adamant that workers’ rights applied to Jews only, and Arabs had no place in their Zio lala land. There was never any such thing as an innocent Israel. Only in the deluded day dreams of soft Zionists like Chomsky.

• W.Jones
        July 22, 2014, 6:04 pm

Bilal,

You are on to something. Once they started out expelling peaceful friendly villages and planning on it being permanent since 1947, they set out on their present course. They already engaged in a certain mindset of claiming the land. Chomsky, as a former young kibbutznik, writes that Yes, they were socialist kibbutz builders, and yet the racism was so strong that he would not have lasted.

It is actually questionable whether the plan for a 2 SS was realistic, when from the beginning they claimed the whole land, desired it, and their power was far greater than the natives.

You would have to demand a kind of intense self control in 1967 and since, when in fact they acted with reckless impunity expelling people since 1947. In fact, the current occupation may be less drastic than the Nakba of 1947, since at least in the current situation many of the people in the Territories are still within their homeland.

So while I understand the logic that the biggest obstacle started in 1967 with the Occupation, in fact it was the expulsions of 1947 that set things on this course.

• yonah fredman
        July 23, 2014, 8:32 am

The attempt to imagine a Zionism that would have been different is based upon the existence of thinkers and activists and people in the street during the pre state period who opposed the ethnic cleansing that occurred in 47-49. Not everyone favored that. Ben Gurion favored that and he was in charge and he put his imprint on Israel with that move and no one can deny that. But there were those (even if only one vote on the committee, but representing others) who were opposed to the ethnic cleansing. If that is the sin, and I recoil to term it that way but cannot deny it, then differentiate between on the one hand: Ben Gurion and the vast majority of the Yishuv that were guilty in that sin and on the other hand: the few voices who were not.
        Personally I model my Zionism on Yeshaya Leibowitz’s Zionism and I accept the history as given. The burden of that history is something I shirk and my Zionism is irresponsible. But don’t condemn those who were opposed to the exiling of the Palestinians. You should not criticize their Zionism until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes, and my best guess is that you haven’t.

July 22, 2014, 6:59 pm

“My guess is that an Israel on pre 67 (defined) borders that was actively committed to removing any ethnic based legal or actual barriers of all its citizens, could have survived with a good measure of the world’s support, even retaining a Jewish element to its national life. The history of its founding would have been (for better or worse, fair or unfair) treated in the same way as that of the US or Australia.”

Wow, your brutality is breathtaking, tokyobk. Not to mention your very obvious faith in Jewish supremacy.

• tokyobk
        July 22, 2014, 7:10 pm

Get a life Mooser. Obviously you have some issue with me personally, not with what I say because no matter what I say you will try to make it sound like I am arguing for Jewish supremacy when I am clearly not. You waste my time and others in a very serious moment, and to do so you need to twist my words, which is just sad.

I said the same thing as eljay. Is eljay a Jewish supremacist?

What I said and meant because it is true is that Israel probably could have survived as a small state that, as eljay also writes, was committed to allowing Jewish culture to flourish but not at the expense of other citizens, despite its bloody origins of conquest just like the US and Australia.

I suppose your point is to get me to react so congrats, though how no-life of you, its just I really think that it is beyond rude to intentionally misread someone for a laugh, especially about really serious things. In fact its worse than calling someone an a-hole or some other thing which is probably banned here.

July 22, 2014, 7:32 pm

The idea that Zionism could have been anything other than a brutal village-by-village dispossession is hasbara

“I suppose your point is to get me to react so congrats,”

No, please! I most certainly do not want you to react. I don’t think you are in any way honest, and I’d like to hear as little as possible from you. So no, I do not want you to react.

• eljay
        July 22, 2014, 7:35 pm

>> tokyobk: Get a life Mooser. Obviously you have some issue with me personally, not with what I say because no matter what I say you will try to make it sound like I am arguing for Jewish supremacy when I am clearly not.

FWIW: I like Mooser, but I’m puzzled by his attacks on you. Whatever it is that he finds unpleasant about you or your comments, I don’t see it.

— Edit —
        Mooser replied while I was typing my post and, well, now I’m even more puzzled.

• tokyobk
        July 22, 2014, 7:42 pm

“Yeah, Like Australia and the US? Nothing but unclaimed land and aborigine’s? Hardly.”

Are you serious, Mooser? Are you really serious or can you not read or understand? I gave those examples precisely because they are examples of genocidal conquest. US and Australia basically got away with it and there might have been an alternative universe in which Israel changed from a colonial conqueror into a more liberal state (with a highly imperfect and bloody past). That would not satisfy a lot of the decedents of the Arab expulsions and others looking back from a human perspective but they the Zionists probably would have gotten away with it.

Seriously, what’s up with you? Why is it that you want me to be an aggressive supremacist and Zionist? Why are your jokes so important to this issue?

Can you lay off the snark for one second and actually read or no, is being king borscht belt more important to you than reading and understanding and responding appropriately?

• aiman
        July 23, 2014, 3:00 am

tokyobk: “It is a dark hour NormanF but because the Israeli state became inseparable from the occupation project.”

When was Israel ever not inseparable from the occupation project? Not before 67. Not 48. Not before 48. In this way Israel is far worse, not “the same way”, as the US or Australia. The civilisaations of the west have moved in the particular directions through experience (for better or worse), hence the gagging on overt forms of discrimination. Israel, in contrast, has come out as a victim of that courthouse and chosen to victimize the rightful owners of the land. This makes Israel far worse, a cruelty that is far more gratuitous.

July 23, 2014, 11:13 am

“You might be right that with Zionism it was inevitable. That is the what if question I am asking because I am interested in history not hasbara.”

You are “interested in history”? History is the study of ‘what is’, not “what if” The “what if questions” are simply your method of revisionism and obfuscation. You want us to forget what actually happened, and make up a fantasy. And then we can plan for the future based on our fantasies about the past?

• tokyobk
        July 23, 2014, 8:15 pm

I suppose you also teach history at university, Mooser? since you know what the study of history is and clearly I don’t. Actually, you know everything about everything and everyone so why not.

You are completely wrong about my motives, your hostility towards me is personal and irrational and you twist my words to mean what you want them to mean.

And didn’t you once make Aliyah? I think you are suspicious, mr purity.

• tokyobk
        July 23, 2014, 8:20 pm

Aiman, I was referring here to the Occupation of the West Bank.

My point was that there was colonialism before that but that Israel probably could have gotten away with that.

Its what other articles have referred to here as blending the green line, which is indeed happening.

I don’t disagree with you thought that what we are seeing now was implanted form the beginning even going back to Herzl.

• Citizen
      July 22, 2014, 9:07 pm

Israel has no right to incrementally genocide a group of people simply because they are not Jewish. This principle was laid down at Nuremberg. I stand by it. I stand against aggressive war and all sub lines of it; and Palestinians have a right of self-defense.

• Eric
      July 22, 2014, 11:47 pm

Gee, I wonder what’s causing the “venomous anti-Semitic outbursts around the world,” Norman. Could it be the genocidal, child-killing actions of the one and only Jewish state? Or the lies afterward claiming it doesn’t target civilians? Irrational anti-Semitism is a real bitch, huh Norm?

• Shingo
      July 23, 2014, 8:14 am

For nearly two years, 2012-2014, Jewish children did not live under the shadow of Hamas rockets. The first rocket by Hamas was fired after Israel attacked Gaza on June 29 – an attack that was based on lies about punishing Hamas for being responsible for the kidnapping of 3 youths.

Thus, the responsibility for Jewish children living under the shadow of Hamas rockets is entirely the fault of the Israeli government.

There has not been an Israeli 9/11. So long as ISrael imposes a siege on Gaza, and insists on shooting Palestinians that come with 300m of the border fence, Hamas have every right to fight back.

That’s because Israel is not defending itself. Starting a war based on lies is not self defense, it is a war crime.

In other words, dissenting opinions are not to be tolerated within the Jewish community or Israel. That makes Israel a fascist society, as well as apartheid.

Israel is not defending itself and does not want peace, so what is your position on that?

10. yonah fredman
    July 22, 2014, 11:12 am

Your card of faith does not mean much to you. Follow Marc Ellis. Does he turn in his card of faith? Nope. So why does Naomi Wolf? the rhetoric of Marc ellis does not fit her, so she gives up her card of faith. Rhetoric. Naomi, shvester, find another way. The rebels take to the hills and leave their homes. Go find a cave, but don’t turn in your card of faith.

• seafoid
      July 22, 2014, 11:51 am

“The rebels take to the hills and leave their homes.”

That was 1948. They were just ordinary people. Most were forced out.
      Actually now in Israel it’s like a repeat- all the decent ones are being forced out by the headcases.

And their leader
      link to theguardian.com

“Netanyahu followed by saying what we are seeing from Hamas is an example of Islamic extremism. He compared them to Isis, Hezbollah and Boko Haram. Netanyahu said that the Islamist group does not want a two-state solution.
      In the face of such terror Israel has no option but to defend itself …We will do what we have to do to defend ourselves”

What a sick individual
      Do what they want to delegitimise themselves, more like .
      He’s really ratcheting up attacks on Jews in Europe.

July 22, 2014, 7:25 pm

Ah, that’s Yonah! Yonah giveth the Jewishness, and Yonah taketh away the Jewishness.
      So Yonah is the guy who looks at your faith card. Awful skinny and weak to be a bouncer isn’t he?

• Cliff
        July 22, 2014, 9:18 pm

Mooser, you are so f***ing awesome.

July 23, 2014, 11:17 am

Cliff, what is so awful is that I can hear Yonah’s comments, as well as read them.

11. eljay
    July 22, 2014, 11:12 am

I have respect for Ms. Wolf.

12. W.Jones
    July 22, 2014, 11:13 am

Thanks for writing. My sympathies.

13. a blah chick
    July 22, 2014, 11:29 am

After hearing Dermer say that the IDF should get a peace prize for their restraint I harbor no hope for anyone in that government. They’re sociopaths. The one thing that keeps me going is the chance, small and miniscue though it might be, that at some point someone in the elite media will snap and have a “Sen. Welch” moment. An eruption that finally breaks through the torrents of insanity that we are assaulted with every waking moment. A chick can dream.

And, yes, I know that Welch’s outburst was not as “spontaneous” as is often depicted.

• seafoid
      July 22, 2014, 11:44 am

BBC Arabic reporter attacked while on air by Yossi Israeli

• just
        July 22, 2014, 11:53 am

they are INSANE!

talk about “no boundaries” or discipline.

• seafoid
        July 22, 2014, 12:32 pm

No class. That was my first impression of Eilat as well.

• Justpassingby
        July 22, 2014, 12:48 pm

israel in a nutshell, attacking arabs.

• Shingo
        July 23, 2014, 8:17 am

And afraid of free speech. On Democracy Now, Gideon Levy revealed that he has been a assigned a full time bodyguard because of death threats.

He said that he’s used to receiving them, but the threats he’s received recently are unlike anything he’s experienced before.

• Kay24
      July 22, 2014, 1:06 pm

If the massacre on civilians (numbers show that fact) is showing restraint, imagine what unholy hell it would be if they are no restraints.
      This is present day nazism. Right before the eyes of the world.

14. American
    July 22, 2014, 12:13 pm

Good for Naomi!

”’In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”– George Orwell

And we are in a unparalled in modern times world of universal deceit……we need to all pile together and come down on the deceivers like a mountain.

15. Sycamores
    July 22, 2014, 1:05 pm

Naomi Wolf Facebook thread has reach nearly 600 comments, plenty of support for her courage from all people with conscience.

some interesting comments

Israel was supposed to be the saviour of Judaism – it is only destroying it

leaving Judaism is not the answer. There are countless Jews of conscience who are pained by what is happening in Gaza and doing something about it, speaking out at the risk of censure or worse. And they are acting based on their core beliefs as Jews committed to their faith.

Its really hard to be supportive of Palestinians, while being Jewish in the US. I am specifically referencing how dominant Zionism is in the US Jewish community is. By speaking out about her position politically, Naomi is leaving herself open to conflict within her personal life. Especially if her temple is silent on the Gaza issue. Being in Jewish spaces when they are overly dominated and populated Zionist is not easy. On top of that Zionists have made the support Palestinians equivalent with being anti-semitic. This is why it is hard to be Jewish and support the Palestinian community. So all of the people who commented beneath me that is what I was talking about.

Population densities:
    (people per square mile):
    Gaza Strip: 9,713 /mi²
    Israel: 809 /mi²

there is one New Jersey Woman who’s trying her best to crowd the thread with what seems like a IDF news feed, really embarassing.

16. bilal a
    July 22, 2014, 4:04 pm

The Atrocious Accusation of Israeli ‘Genocide’
    link to algemeiner.com

Naomi Wolff is seconding Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan

17. Nevada Ned
    July 22, 2014, 4:48 pm

To me, what is significant here is that Naomi Wolf is not heavily political, and not a leftist or human-rights activist. Nothing that extraordinary about her (apart from being an author). So if people like her get moved to oppose Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians, it’s a good sign that opposition to Israel’s policies is spreading.
    It isn’t just Noam Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein, etc. any more.

It’s more like a fairly representative American Jewish liberal.

And that’s really good news!

• tokyobk
      July 22, 2014, 9:33 pm

For most Americans being religious just means being a “good” person (which is how she characterizes her stance). I also see the significant part of what she wrote as her not being like the other scholars you mentioned, particularly active on tis issue, but that her gut instinct tells her something is amiss. That there are non-Zionist congregations she might attend actually enhances the point that she is not overly religious in the sense of dogma or practice but just as it means to paraphrase Hillel and a later significant rabbi, treating your neighbor well.

July 23, 2014, 11:21 am

“That there are non-Zionist congregations she might attend actually enhances the point”

Can you suggest a couple Ms. Wolf might attend?

• LeaNder
        July 24, 2014, 7:47 am

tokyobk,

I am not so sure, if I agree with Ned in this context.

There are wider and narrower approaches. Hers reminds me of a wider political approach. Where do politics start, don’t they start at the basic human level?

I once read a review of a book by a journalist that had worked decades in Russia and was then sent to the US. To his utter surprise he was confronted with basic similarities countervailing his expectations concerning the “land of the free”. I often do take notes of such interesting matters, but in this case I was in the process of completely giving up “paper”, in other words I didn’t clip the really short review in “DIE ZEIT”. Unfortunately.

Now for whatever reason this book by Naomi Wolf reminds me of this review I wish I still had:
        The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot

Now there is politics and metapolitics. I am no political scientist, and I just invented these terms for the sake of the following argument. But I would put Chomsky more into the “box” of metapolitics and Finkelstein in the “box” of politics, especially Israeli occupation politics, and the resulting expertise. And yes, I would put Wolff in the meta-democracy-politics box. So yes, I think to consider her an average liberal American writer feels wrong after a fast check.

• Pixel
      July 22, 2014, 11:41 pm

• Pixel
        July 22, 2014, 11:43 pm
      • LeaNder
        July 24, 2014, 7:24 am

I agree, Pixel.

He often seems to grasp something central in these comments.

Maybe since he easily discovers rhetorical standards:
        If you don’t like it here, why don’t you leave/go over there.

18. crypticvalentin