About Katie Miranda

Katie Miranda is an illustrator, jewelry designer, calligrapher, and cartoonist living in Portland, OR. Her Arabic calligraphy jewelry and apparel are favorites of people in the Palestine solidarity community. Katie runs Palbox: a quarterly subscription box containing Palestinian goods benefiting the Northern California branch of the International Solidarity Movement. Connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

1. just
    August 20, 2015, 1:10 pm

OMG!

Katie Miranda, you are a bona fide genius and talent! I really can’t stop laughing… my belly hurts!

I’m speechless.

2. Qualtrough
    August 20, 2015, 1:11 pm

Excellent! My only quibble is that I don’t think it would be as tight a squeeze for Trump as Katie makes it look as he is one of the world’s biggest a-holes.

3. Annie Robbins
    August 20, 2015, 1:20 pm

omg katie!! can’t stop laughing omg

4. RoHa
    August 20, 2015, 1:38 pm

Interesting view of the person I think will be your next president.

• eljay
      August 20, 2015, 2:06 pm

|| RoHa: Interesting view of the person I think will be your next president. ||

I was about to reply with “Do you think Americans are actually ready to elect a cartoon president?”…and then I remembered Dubya. ;-)

Nicely done, Ms. Miranda. :-)

• Kay24
        August 20, 2015, 2:24 pm

This is why I don’t think Trump is funny. I laughed at Bush when he could not string a couple of sentences, and history had the last laugh. The American people have very low standards when it comes to their Presidents, they voted for him twice! I see Trump as a man without substance, who does not talk policies, but I am sure everyone here sees him stand there like a blathering idiot, talking about other candidates and what they said about HIM. He does not know anything about American policies, and he gets his military knowledge by listening to sound bites from military experts, and magazines. I shudder to think once again, the American public will be stupid enough to vote for an empty suit.
        They did it before.

• echinococcus
        August 20, 2015, 4:35 pm

Yeah, but then we had seven years and counting of a non-cartoon criminal who makes the cartoon ones feel welcome again.

5. Kay24
    August 20, 2015, 2:19 pm

This is really funny, Kate. This should go viral, and spread around for others to enjoy. I like the one with Jebby, and of course Santorum. Heh. Do give us more. :))

6. amigo
    August 20, 2015, 2:20 pm

H(f)uckabee says , I don,t know about my fellefellators but I can make the Kama Sutra look mundane.

7. edwardm
    August 20, 2015, 2:25 pm

thank god for ZioLube(tm).
    But would they fellate a donkey for Israel?

8. JLewisDickerson
    August 20, 2015, 2:35 pm

RE: “Netanyahu Asks GOP Candidates: What kind of contortions will you do for Israel?”

Trump the GOP!
    Trump the GOP!
    Trump the GOP in 2016!
    SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT!

9. amigo
    August 20, 2015, 3:05 pm

Speaking of Republican intellectuals running for high office. Remember this titan of intellectualism.

“COURIC: You’ve cited Alaska’s proximity to Russia as part of your foreign-policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land — boundary that we have with — Canada. It, it’s funny that a comment like that was — kind of made to cari — I don’t know. You know. Reporters —

COURIC: Mocked?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that’s the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our— our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They’re in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia—

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We— we do— it’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where— where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is— from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to— to our state. “.

So who is more idiotic, Palin or the man Mc Cain, who chose her as a running mate.Poor Dick and Jane and America.

10. piotr
    August 20, 2015, 3:42 pm

While funny, I am afraid that the cartoon represents something disturbing, something darker. Like deep-seated hatred for Orange-Americans. While it is true that no one is born with that color, and it is a result of excessive time spend on golf courses or on board of yachts, with insufficient application of sun screen, and while it is true that this is not good for you, as I said, it can signify something darker.

• just
      August 20, 2015, 3:46 pm

John Boehner is really orange, and he does indeed signify something darker…

These characters’ hue only match the Katie kitty’s~ nothing to worry about, piotr!

11. pabelmont
    August 20, 2015, 5:06 pm

I think this cartoon invites an unrealistic thought about politicians. In my (more realistic) view, politicians are naturally (or by profession) so slippery that they don’t need “lube”. Not even when, you know, ahem, which they do with alarming frequency (I will not say “regularity”).

12. lonely rico
    August 20, 2015, 6:50 pm

POW !
    Bravo Katie.

13. Citizen
    August 21, 2015, 4:30 am

Is appears Jill Stein is the only candidate not already loyal to AIPAC. I say that based on the Green Party’s foreign policy platform regarding the Middle East.

• Citizen
      August 21, 2015, 4:46 am

Here’s Stein’s latest personal statement, apparently:

STEIN: We’re seeing the candidates very similar to each other. They’re both vowing their obedience to the right-wing government in Israel. And they are both saying that they will stop at nothing, but that war will be the last result. So, once again, we’re seeing shades of gray here between the Democratic and Republican candidates, but we’re not seeing what the American people really need and what international security really needs. And in fact, I should add that this slave-like mentality towards Israel is absolutely unjustified. We need to start raising the bar for Israel and holding them to an equal standard for supporting human rights and international law and ending occupations and illegal settlements and apartheid.
      Source: Democracy Now! Expanded Third Obama-Romney 2012 debate , Oct 22, 2012

14. unverified__5ilf90kd
    August 21, 2015, 10:36 am

These are brilliant cartoons. Very talented artist. Thank you. Today in Haaretz.

“The Shameful Jewish Silence on Trump’s Anti-immigration Incitement” Good point. The Jews are going easy on Trump. Perhaps they see him as good for the Jews. But in the past most other people who spoke out about immigration like Trump did recently, have surely been slammed by the Jews.

15. genesto
    August 21, 2015, 12:17 pm

Wish I could laugh wholeheartedly, but I’m starting to fear that one of these characters could actually BE our next President, given Clinton’s weakness as a candidate and Bernie’ s inability to win 48 states in the general election. Hell, the Dem’s are starting to look seriously at 70+ year old, perennial loser, Joe Biden for help! Oy!

I didn’t think anyone could be worse than Nixon, and along came Reagan. Then I didn’t think anyone could be worse than Reagan, and along came Dubya. Now, I’m deathly afraid, we’ve yet to reach bottom!!

Anyway, kudos to Katie who, if she wasn’t focused on this issue, would have to be considered one of our nation’s foremost political cartoonists by now.

• echinococcus
      August 21, 2015, 4:34 pm

You “fear” one side, well knowing that the “Democrats” are not in any way different than the “Republicans”, especially with regard to our common cause on this site. In fact, Empress Hillary promises to be even more submissive than Trump or Jeb to Zionist requests and Sanders is literally frothing at the mouth when defending the latest massacre in Gaza and “Israel’s right to defend itself”.
      I wonder if they weren’t portrayed by Katie Miranda only because of the specific nature of the Yahoo’s question.

16. hophmi
    August 24, 2015, 11:55 am

More crappy art from Katie Miranda.

What you don’t seem to understand, Katie, is that GOP politicians do what they do, not because Netanyahu tells them to do it, but because they think that doing it will help them politically with their Evangelical Christian and Jewish constituencies. I guess it’s far easier for you to buy into antisemitic conspiracy theories that blame Jews abroad for the decisions of American political leaders.

August 24, 2015, 2:07 pm

“More crappy art from Katie Miranda.”

Certainly, it’s not at all the artistic success achieved by the artist who drew a Star-of-David and wrote “administrative revenge” out of a spray can on a burnt-out Palestinian home. And Michelangelo thought he had it rough on the roof at the Sistine Chapel!

• W.Jones
        August 24, 2015, 5:42 pm

Could Mooser be the fun Mondoweiss Court Jester and Hophmi his unintentionally ironic evil twin?