Shoving of SJP activist seen as part of campaign of ‘intimidation’ on campus

Activism

The video opens with a familiar scene: a passionate argument over Israel/Palestine at a protest on campus. But a few minutes in, it takes a turn towards what activists and lawyers are calling an “assault.” One student forcibly takes a cell phone from another student who is arguing that Israeli forces shouldn’t have left a thirteen-year-old, who had reportedly stabbed an Israeli, to bleed in the street.

The video then cuts out [at 4:48], but Daniel Mogtaderi, the student criticizing Israel, says that the pro-Israel student went on to shove him multiple times. Mogtaderi says the assailant strained his back, forcing him to go to the hospital.

“I was recording when this guy came up, saying this thirteen-year-old is a terrorist and deserves to die,” said Mogtaderi. “He grabbed my hand and yanked my arm and yanked the phone out of it…I reached for the phone and he shoved me.” (Mogtaderi eventually got his phone back.) Mogtaderi is unsure of who the person who pushed him is.

The protest and shoving incident took place at the University of California, Santa Barbara on October 15. The demonstration was part of a number of protests in the United States in support of Palestinians as violence has spread from Jerusalem to the West Bank and Gaza. Chafing under a decades-old military occupation, Palestinians have stabbed dozens of Israelis, killing eleven, while Israeli forces have killed 62 Palestinians, including 35 armed assailants and 27 others, many of them protesters.

In a statement, the press office of the college said: “UC Santa Barbara takes these concerns very seriously. The matter is being investigated by the UCSB Police Department, and while we can’t comment on the investigation, we can tell you that the UCSB Office of Student Affairs has reached out to the student who filed the report.”

But Mogtaderi says he is not satisfied with the university’s response so far. He told me there has not been a strong statement from the university condemning the assault.

Palestine Legal, a group that defends Palestinian rights activists in the U.S., said the UC Santa Barbara incident is part of a larger campaign against student activists.

Liz Jackson, a staff attorney at Palestine Legal, called the incident a “classic example of the pattern of suppression, intimidation” on campus.

“I also think it reflects an escalation–I hope not, but I do think that as emotions run high in response to the surge of violence in Palestine, and as Israel defenders are less and less able to have real debates about the actual issues, it results in this kind of explosion,” said Jackson.

In September, Palestine Legal released a report documenting the barriers and threats Palestinian rights activists on campus face. Last year, Palestine Legal handled “152 incidents of censorship, punishment, or other burdening of advocacy for Palestinian rights,” according to the report.

At the college campus level, the report focuses on the bureaucratic barriers, administrative sanctions and cancellations of lectures that those involved in Students for Justice in Palestine face. But there have also been physical acts of violence directed at some of these students, and there are common reports of students receiving death threats and being spat on at demonstrations.

In addition to the UC Santa Barbara incident, a member of SJP was attacked at the University of California, Berkeley, in 2013.

Students have also complained of a general atmosphere of intimidation on campus. Last year, the right-wing activist David Horowitz made posters that called SJP anti-Semitic and akin to Hamas. They were placed on a number of college campuses. The Canary Mission, a separate group tied to pro-Israel activists, creates lists of college activists and compiles information about them in an effort to harm career prospects.

Jackson told Mondoweiss she is fearful that “those who are trying to silence debate will become more and more desperate.”

Jackson said she’s also disappointed in the response from UC Santa Barbara to the incident involving Mogtaderi.

“If anything like that happened to an Israel activist on campus, we’d all express our solidarity and support and condemn violence, and of course the university would bend over backwards to make sure the student felt supported,” she said. “But of course we don’t see that here. No one seems to care.”

About Alex Kane

Alex Kane is a freelance journalist who focuses on Israel/Palestine and civil liberties. Follow him on Twitter @alexbkane.

1. pabelmont
    October 30, 2015, 11:05 am

The signs are of more and more desperation from Zion. THEREFORE, Palestinian activists should attempt to have people with cameras and sound-recording devices nearby whenever confrontation seems at all likely.

The unsupported statement “Somebody grabbed my cell-phone” is much weaker than a video showing the events. A video which shows nothing in particular can be erased, I suppose. BlackLivesMatter has learned this lesson and that’s where so many videos of alleged police brutality come from.

• kalithea
      October 30, 2015, 3:20 pm

Before cell phones the truth had more power because people would rely on red flags, indices, intuitive perception and moral integrity. Now, that we have become dependent on video footage, the truth is disabled by our inability to recognize it when it’s staring us down.

Since, it’s hard to turn back the clock on this one, regrettably I must agree that we have become trapped in technology and must therefore rely on cell phones and surveillance everywhere. This is what we’ve become.

• niass2
        October 30, 2015, 10:22 pm

When Push Comes to Shove, Your Afraid of Love

-Jerome John Garcia, 1987.

2. bryan
    October 30, 2015, 12:58 pm

I am sure the university authorities will rapidly intervene to ensure that free speech and civil discourse is ensured on campus?!

• ritzl
      October 30, 2015, 8:18 pm

Laws will be passed, I tell ya!

Probably starting with the finding: Since putting your face in the path of the fist of a supporter if Israel is an act of incitement and aggression…

But maybe not.

3. diasp0ra
    October 30, 2015, 1:33 pm

How can he read an article that said there were injuries and interpret it to mean deaths?

• Ellen
      November 1, 2015, 12:47 am

How? That is Zio -land logic. The psychosis that is the basis of Zionism.

4. MaxNarr
    October 30, 2015, 1:44 pm

Good. Shove him again.

• kalithea
      October 30, 2015, 3:22 pm

Helloooo…calling moderation, come in please.

• Annie Robbins
        October 30, 2015, 3:35 pm

i saw that kalithea. i thought it perfectly reflected the mindset of the thuggish perpetual college underdogs (victims) with their alleged ‘hurt feelings’ . so let it all hang out. narr can hang his thug flag for all to see.

• MaxNarr
        October 30, 2015, 3:41 pm

I think it has to be equal for all or none at all. In the other thread I see posting for “more effective weapons” for the terrorists, and also for “increased stone throwing” I put this here as a reminder, the comments policy must be adopted equally! For all. While I fully support shoving anti Israel activists and stopping them by any means. I am willing to mute my firm belief in my comments, however I expect the same from all other posters calling for attacks against Zionist, settlers, Jews and others in Israel Judea and Samaria

• Annie Robbins
        October 30, 2015, 3:51 pm

I think it has to be equal for all or none at all.

i’m not sure there’s an equivalence between a privileged student of our UC system being compared to the rights of an occupied people to resist their occupation.

I see posting for “more effective weapons” for the terrorists

since you’re using quotemarks i’d like to read the entire paragraph please and know who you’re quoting before i address your “equal” argument further.

October 30, 2015, 3:48 pm

“narr can hang his thug flag for all to see.”

Well, let’s be fair about this, he may not be aware of the standards. So:

Okay, he’s been warned.

• diasp0ra
        October 30, 2015, 3:57 pm

@MaxNarr

“While I fully support shoving anti Israel activists and stopping them by any means.”

By any means? Really?

Such a fascist approach.

Keep representing your Zionist ilk proudly like this, Max. In this day of free information Israel and its supporters have harmed Israel more than a million physical attacks ever could have.

• eljay
        October 30, 2015, 4:15 pm

Hateful, immoral and comically proud of it. Huh. Seems like MaxNarr is one of those hardy Zio-supremacists who does the dirty work while his “liberal Zionist” co-collectivists (like jon s and hophmi) “hold their noses” and cheer him on.

October 30, 2015, 4:20 pm

” I put this here as a reminder, the comments policy must be adopted equally! For all.”

Wrong! The blog is private property, like a magazine or newspaper, to which you voluntarily submit material, which may or may not be printed, or edited according to the decision of the editors. I’m pretty sure it virtually becomes their property, as soon as you press “post”.

I understand your dilemma, what you have to say is so dumb and offensive, not even Zionist (English, anyway) sites will print it, so you’ve “settled” on Mondo.

• John O
        October 30, 2015, 5:52 pm

@Mooser “MaxNarr, trying to be a tough-guy, a macher a yatebedam on a comment thread simply exposes you as an ungerissen beheiman, and frankly, a paskudnyak and pisk-malocheh!”

Damn! I knew I shouldn’t have loaned my copy of Leo Rosten’s classic “The jOYs of Yiddish” to my friend who never returned it.

October 30, 2015, 6:00 pm

” I am willing to mute my firm belief in my comments…”

Oh, don’t worry, nobody, but nobody expects you to do that. Nobody even expects you to know how. That’s why there are moderators.

October 30, 2015, 6:34 pm

” to my friend who never returned it.”

To try and use the standardized spellings, or pin down half-remembered or overheard words, I make free use of the Yiddish glossaries on the web .
        I wish I had learned more when I was a kid. Then I would’ve known what my Mom was saying on the phone with relatives about serious stuff.
        As it was, I was eavesdropping-deprived, and didn’t know what every young man needs to know, by the time he needs to know it.

• Steve Grover
        October 30, 2015, 10:44 pm

Mooser, my Bubbe זייל who came to the U.S.from a shtetl near Pinsk in 1920 would have called you a paskudnyak for your hatred of Israel. At the same time she would have poked your eyes out with her knitting needles.

• echinococcus
        October 31, 2015, 1:48 am

Resistance by any means deemed necessary is, as you well knows, an untouchable right of the invaded and occupied populations, while the invader, also per international right, has no right to “defend itself”.
        Get that, Narr? All your spluttering is a frontal attack against the Law.

• Jon66
        October 31, 2015, 9:59 am

Echi,

The phrase is “all available means”, not “necessary” means. Resistance is limited to those means legally available. Resistance groups cannot commit war crimes in order to achieve their goals.

The occupier also has the responsibility to maintain order in the occupied territory.

October 31, 2015, 12:07 pm

Mooser, my Bubbe זייל who came to the U.S.from a shtetl near Pinsk in 1920…

Would be eating out of my hand like a kitten in 15 minutes if she met me. I’d play her favorite tunes on the Hammond, flatter her knowledge of Yiddish, and praise her food. In about five minutes more she’d be saying “So ‘Grover’ why can’t you be a mentsch like my Moosilla here, already?”

And by the next week she’d be calling me, and we would commiserate about your drinking problem.

October 31, 2015, 12:20 pm

“At the same time she would have poked your eyes out with her knitting needles.”

Every little boy needs a grandmother to defend him, even if he has to exhume her to do it.

• echinococcus
        November 4, 2015, 8:55 pm

Jon66 even absurder.
        Yes, the phrase in the version that made it to the UN Charter, and that all your slimy aggression advocates try to comment away is “all available means”.
        Any invader with a grain of logic tries never to quote it as such.
        Non-available means cannot be used.
        For instance, if no nukes and planes and bombs and tanks and bulldozers are available, there still are stones available on the street and knives available in the kitchen.
        As for the targets, guess again. Read your Nuremberg minutes.
        Who the hell cares anyway? You start war of aggression, you get war.

• kalithea
      October 30, 2015, 3:44 pm

narr can hang his thug flag for all to see.

I.D.’d. Good.

• MaxNarr
        October 30, 2015, 3:57 pm

Annie, I would love to volunteer, and I could recruit some colleagues to log ALL incitement to murder Jews and increase violence against Jews that is spouted on this website. Can I have your commitment that you will remove ALL incitement and encouragement of violence on this website? I have logs of murderous incitement on Mondoweiss going back to 2010 and I could provide you a first dump of comments to start. I would be happy to help moderate against incitement to murder Jews on this hate-site.

October 30, 2015, 4:11 pm

You know, when I think of how Zionists use the comment threads here, I have to admire the bravery of people who will engage in a battle for which they are at most, half-armed. The Charge of the Not-So-Bright Brigade.

• MaxNarr
        October 30, 2015, 4:15 pm

Quote #1 that should be removed: “The Israeli Jews could stop inciting stone throwing by leaving the Palestinians alone. Since this is unlikely, let’s hope the Palestinians manage to obtain some more effective weapons. – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/10/military-palestinian-refugee#comment-806495

Quote #2 that should be removed: “No, there should be more stone throwing. If you can’t handle it, then get out of occupied territories. You want to occupy a people and have calm too? – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/10/military-palestinian-refugee#comment-806495

• diasp0ra
        October 30, 2015, 4:20 pm

@MaxNarr

People throwing rocks at occupying troops =/= incitement to murder Jews or practice violence against Jews.

People have a right to defend themselves against troops occupying them.

But nice try.

October 30, 2015, 4:26 pm

“Quote #1 that should be removed:

Quote #2 that should be removed: “

Oh look, the little prietzteh found the pea under the mattress!

• Chu
        October 30, 2015, 4:27 pm

Max, those are your best quotes? get real… are you 15 about years old. Is this is an exercise to feel like a ‘victim’ since nothing good is coming out of the bowels of Israeli propaganda. Probably so…

October 30, 2015, 4:29 pm

“I have logs of murderous incitement on Mondoweiss going back to 2010”

Oh shoot! That was when I started posting comments, too!

• Annie Robbins
        October 30, 2015, 5:23 pm

maybe max thinks this is daily kos where reams of bandwidth are spent debating appropriate speech. poor max is having a lot of his comments not making it thru in his little ‘what the moderator should do’ lectures. he should scroll up and read the comment policy, it also says:

6. No trolling. Wikipedia defines trolling as “someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.” That definition is good enough for us. We hope our comment section can feature an engaged and free flowing debate, but we are not interested in commenters whose only aim is to disrupt or sabotage the discussion.

so let’s ask ourselves if defining resistance to occupation as “terrorist” is not, in fact, inflammatory messaging? putting words in someones mouth like

I see posting for “more effective weapons” for the terrorists

is that not inflammatory speech? what he doesn’t get is that in my opinion, him and every other zionist is privileged to be able to have their ideas published here to begin with. because zionism, in itself, is inflammatory. so supporting it at all could be defined as breaking the comment policy!!

he’s fighting an uphill battle because he thinks his definition of fair matters here. it doesn’t. it’s not a democratic forum. what’s published on mondoweiss is not determined democratically. it’s determined by a few individuals using their own definition of ‘fair’.

• RoHa
        October 30, 2015, 7:27 pm

October 31, 2015, 12:17 pm

“Mooser, if your comments about Blake don’t count as murderous incitement, I can’t imagine what would.”

“RoHa”, I thought you, of all people, would recognize and appreciate one of the “Songs of Innocence”
        In fact, I was fully expecting you to reply and answer the question with the appropriate stanzas from the “Songs of Experience”.

• amigo
        October 31, 2015, 1:03 pm

“I follow all the commenting guidelines” maxnarrciscist.

Sure you do max, but MW is not interested in Hasbara central,s guidelines.

Enjoy your stay here maxi , it will be a short one and there,s not a damn thing a big tough zio such as yourself can do about that.

• lysias
      October 30, 2015, 4:12 pm

MaxNarr, to slightly alter Gurnemanz’s words in Parsifal: Du bist doch eben nur ein Narr.

• MaxNarr
        October 30, 2015, 4:25 pm

@diasp0ra Many rocks have been thrown at Jews that are not wearing uniforms, men, women, and children. Will you condemn this? Every day there is a new picture of a guy with a GIANT slingshot on the front page of this hate-site and it’s not always directed toward soldliers in uniform. Will you unequivocally condemn stone throwing at non-combatants any any part of Judea / Samara / Israel?

• Annie Robbins
        October 30, 2015, 5:35 pm

the elicitation to condemn. a favorite inquisitors pass time. here are the FBI’s Elicitation Techniques https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/counterintelligence/elicitation-techniques

• MaxNarr
        October 30, 2015, 5:34 pm

@Annie,

[..]Can we work together on that? I hope that is not too much to ask.

• Annie Robbins
        October 30, 2015, 5:42 pm

yes it’s too much to ask and no, we won’t be working together in that capacity. your definition of hate speech is immaterial.

the only reason i cleared your comment was to make that clear. i will continue deleting your moderation requests and alerts regarding this matter. you may have luck with some other moderator, but not me.

if you’d like to take that up with phil or adam scroll to the top and access the about page.

• inbound39
        October 31, 2015, 11:40 am

MaxNarr needs to learn that under International Law…specifically the Fourth Geneva Convention which Israel signed and ratified the occupied are legally entitled to oppose the Occupier by use of arms. It does not state the exact quality of those arms but I imagine it would allow for any weaponry that is fit for purpose. Had Israel not wanted armed opposition to its illegal Occupation and illegal acquisition of territory it always had the freedom of choice to end the Occupation. MaxNarr apparently cries when the opposition fires back.

• inbound39
        October 31, 2015, 11:49 am

Max Narr would love to volunteer….I’d love a Porsche….doesn’t mean I’ll get it. :))

October 31, 2015, 1:55 pm

“I follow all the commenting guidelines” maxnarrciscist. ”

Max, Blogger is free! Can you imagine the impact a “Mondo Watch” blog would have. All of you could contribute, and expose Mondo for the anti-Jewish fraud it is!
        Why be subject to the dictates of moderation nannies, and Auntie Semites!

• diasp0ra
        October 31, 2015, 5:07 pm

@MaxNarr

Max, you are so transparent.

Not a day ago you were talking about “silencing anti-Israel activists” by /any means possible/ and cheering violence on, now you want to act like a dove?

How’s that cognitive dissonance going for you?

It’s incredibly amusing how you try to make “GIANT slingshot” seem like a weapon of mass destruction in your comment. The poor occupiers are the victims of their ungrateful victims, tsk tsk.

• Boo
      October 31, 2015, 1:09 pm

Well, those of us with a bissel Yiddish have no trouble comprehending the meaning of “max narr”, and recognizing the fountain of narrishkeit that flows so freely therefrom.

5. diasp0ra
    October 30, 2015, 1:54 pm

“This is really one sided”

Ah the infamous “Middle Ground Fallacy”, people thinking that if something is one sided means that it can’t be true. Usually touted by those who don’t know anything about the actual happenings and yet still want to give in their 2 cents, because moderate positions are more often than not more correct than “extreme” positions.

I want to know what the magical solution Israel offered 30 years ago. You know, when Israel didn’t even recognize that Palestinians were a people. What did they offer us? what did we miss?

I swear it’s like people forget that it’s a situation of occupier and occupied and look at it as if it were two states having a symmetrical conflict.

If it were the SJP activist pushing the pro-Israel person then it would have been all over the news, with reports of how savage we are. Tsk tsk.

• niass2
      October 30, 2015, 9:49 pm

I was at that middle ground place but it was a sinkhole.

6. kalithea
    October 30, 2015, 3:37 pm

Of course we’re going to see more and more of this happening; because our own rights are becoming inextricably tied to the rights of the Palestinians whose cause we have chosen to shoulder with them. There are those even in our government and schools who will try to undermine these rights because this cause for justice for Palestinians threatens the very powerful.

We’ve not yet seen the worst. Look at what student activists against the Vietnam war were subjected to.

We cannot surrender to harassment and intimidation. Courage and persistence is what we must arm ourselves with. Injustice cannot prevail ever anywhere, so we must continue to denounce, condemn and record this growing injustice wherever and whenever it rears its ugliness here and in Israel until all eyes are wide open.

• ritzl
      October 30, 2015, 8:32 pm

Great comment, kalithea.

A) The violence associated with the privilege is going to become more common as the privileged essence is question more deeply.

B) The Israelification of the methods of handling dissent outside of Israel means we may all soon become Palestinians in the eyes of our respective states, or certainly get a taste of what that’s like.

• niass2
      October 30, 2015, 10:15 pm

One of my close friends had to go underground due to his activities against Viet Quan between 1967 and 1969, he has framed letters from the FBI asking him questions etc.

• inbound39
      October 31, 2015, 11:42 am

First class statement Kalithea!…….Applause!!!!!

7. Zaghlul
    October 30, 2015, 6:36 pm

Good people of Mondoweiss, please stop feeding the Hasbara Troll.

October 31, 2015, 9:14 pm

“Zaghlul” my friend, do not be distressed. The Mods have a Big Red Button on their keyboards, and the Hasbara Trolls get only what the Mod Squad allows them.
      Any time it pleases the Mods to cut them off, they can, and do.

That’s one of the things which is so endearingly pathetic about them, their idea they can “settle” here, and run the place.

8. socialconscience
    October 30, 2015, 7:08 pm

Well said Kalithea…

This concept that you note is incredibly important in trying to explain the importance of overthrowing Palestine’s imposition as it does undeed affect us all:

”Of course we’re going to see more and more of this happening; because our own rights are becoming inextricably tied to the rights of the Palestinians whose cause we have chosen to shoulder with them. There are those even in our government and schools who will try to undermine these rights because this cause for justice for Palestinians threatens the very powerful”

It continues to baffle me that people I meet everyday, I suspect those only consuming of mainstream media, express blind faith in government and power to keep us safe when the reality is that this could rarely be further from the truth.

See Antony Loewenstein:

9. kalithea
    October 30, 2015, 8:15 pm

@Max Narr : While I fully support shoving anti Israel activists and stopping them by any means. I am willing to mute my firm belief in my comments.

Of course you are willing to mute what you really think, but humor me: what do you mean by stopping anti-Israel activists by any means?

10. Jon66
    October 30, 2015, 8:19 pm

The response to ideas we disagree with should be other ideas, not violence. There really is no excuse to push someone simply because you don’t like what they say.

October 31, 2015, 9:20 pm

“The response to ideas we disagree with should be other ideas, not violence.”

You are a fool, a top-drawer, first-class, hole-in-one fool, if you think you can exploit the Zionist rejection of violence in favor of “ideas”.

• Jon66
        October 31, 2015, 10:10 pm

Mooser,
        Once again I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn’t think my being against one kid pushing another would be so upsetting to you. If believing that one college kid shouldn’t push another kid just because he disagrees makes me a dullard than I plead guilty.

October 31, 2015, 11:46 pm

“Once again I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Well, let’s put it this way, “Jon 66”, Do you really think that shoving a kid on campus is the limit of Zionist violence?

• Kris
        October 31, 2015, 11:50 pm

Jon66: “Once again I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Jon66, your repeated inability to understand what other commenters say on mondoweiss is making you seem to be dishonest, tedious and annoying.

If you are reading English as a second language, you should just say so, and many commenters will be probably be happy to rephrase their comments in order to help you understand.

• Jon66
        November 1, 2015, 12:43 am

Kris,
        In summary:
        After reading the article I stated that I thought the Zionist kid was wrong for pushing the other kid. Mooser than said “Tell it the Zionists, you dullard!” I didn’t junk the statement was particularly controversial.
        Can you tell me exactly what this means,”You are a fool… if you think you can exploit the Zionist rejection of violence in favor of “ideas”. Except for a couple of the posters here, I thought most of the commentators thought the shoving/violence toward the other student should be abhorred/rejected. Why is that even controversial?

• Jon66
        November 1, 2015, 8:49 am

Mooser,
        Thanks for the clarification. The “Zionist violence” in the article is the shoving and intimidation on campus. I hope that that this hasn’t occurred in other campuses, but if it has I would condemn it there as well. I don’t think the use of violence to suppress non-violent non-threatening speech or respond to speech on campus or any other venue should be tolerated. The response to speech at a walkway table we don’t like should be more speech. College should be a place where people challenge their assumptions and learn from another’s perspective.

• Kris
        November 1, 2015, 11:12 am

Jon66, here is Mooser’s comment”

Tell it to the Zionists, you dullard! The Zionists exclude non-violence as a solution. In fact they have glorified violence as soon as there were enough Zionists to form a gang. You are a fool, a top-drawer, first-class, hole-in-one fool, if you think you can exploit the Zionist rejection of violence in favor of “ideas”

Either you somehow missed most of the comment,

“The Zionists exclude non-violence as a solution. In fact they have glorified violence as soon as there were enough Zionists to form a gang. You are a fool, a top-drawer, first-class, hole-in-one fool, if you think you can exploit the Zionist rejection of violence in favor of “ideas”

or you are just being tiresome, or you have difficulty understanding the written word in English. Maybe instead of pretending not to get the point of comments, you could explain why you support Zionism.

November 1, 2015, 5:21 pm

” I hope that that this hasn’t occurred in other campuses, but if it has I would condemn it there as well.”

• Jon66
        November 1, 2015, 6:16 pm

Mooser,
        Take a look and decide for yourself. Isn’t this exactly where this shoving is headed? – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/10/activist-campaign-intimidation#sthash.O9j24meD.dpuf

I hope not. That’s why I think it’s so important to educate these kids that you can disagree without being violent or disagreeable.

November 4, 2015, 10:55 am

“I hope not”

You “hope” what is clearly pictured didn’t happen? Well, sorry to dash your hopes, but it did and does happen, all day and night. Did you read about the reaction to the “admirable” Mr. Lakin’s death? It’s here at Mondo.

11. niass2
    October 30, 2015, 9:47 pm

I hope some Jew or Christian Zionist punk tries that on me. I am a Jewish man with multiple karate awards. I am a weapons expert. I eat concrete for breakfast. I sleep on razors. I can kill without blinking. Ironman is my Uncle. As a Jewish person and member of the Orion Clan I would be obliged to strangle such a person if they tried to attack me for stating something so true, and I can see for miles, but would in the end hold them for the proper authorities. Its not worth ending such a persons life for such a thing, they probably were taught the hate they are consumed with and can be redirected like an ill alcoholic. I could just say to them: The judge will see you now, good luck in life with a record for aggravated assault. Hope the Judge isn’t an anti Zionist jew like me there are many jews like me who would love to be the judge who sentences that creep to ten years in Siberia. …..I say hire the big gun investigators to locate this person, how hard can that really be. And prosecute them to the full extent of the law, and try some good old Jewish Roy Cohn stuff on them, sue them for any reason we can come up with, such as the time of day. Take their bank account and hand it out in Bethlehem.

• inbound39
      October 31, 2015, 11:45 am

Exactly Niass2! :))

• amigo
      October 31, 2015, 1:12 pm

“Hope the Judge isn’t an anti Zionist jew like me there are many jews like me who would love to be the judge who sentences that creep to ten years in Siberia. – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/10/activist-campaign-intimidation/comment-page-1#comment-806875” niass 2

You got something against Siberians.

Personally , I would drop him behind enemy lines , ie , right in the middle of Gaza with a copy of his MW archives and let the natives do a little pushing around.Make sure he has a bountiful supply of clean underwear.

Then we will see how tough this brave sabra is.

• Qualtrough
        October 31, 2015, 2:18 pm

Mr. Narr supports the murder of anti-Israel activists (“While I fully support shoving anti Israel activists and stopping them by any means”) he has a problem with someone calling for increased stone throwing. O wad some Pow’r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us!

October 31, 2015, 2:34 pm

“O wad some Pow’r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us!”

Whoops, looks like “MaxNarr’ played with matches and got some Burns. Very appropriate considering the poem’s title.

• RoHa
        October 31, 2015, 8:04 pm

Wise words from the Rabbi.

• mcohen.
        November 4, 2015, 3:55 am

what is sjp,never heard of it…looked up santa barbara and found this article…says the pope equates anti zionism with anti semitism.knife attacks are more personal and jews worldwide can emphasise with israeli,s hence the anger at the sjp person.note also how he had the story on his phone ,quick look up…well thats social media….incitement at it,s finest

wonder if the sjp had mondoweiss on his phone

for quick lookup

November 4, 2015, 10:58 am

I think “mcohen” is trying to warn us about an astronomical phenomenon called a ‘loony ellipse’.

And wants to “emphasize” how much he empathizes with it.

“Mcohen” this isn’t the Bronze Age anymore. People aren’t scared of ellipses these days.

November 1, 2015, 12:07 pm

@niass2: “I don’t know Karate, but I know c-razy! Gotta get ready, that’s a fact…

12. chesimardstamp
    October 31, 2015, 12:28 pm

Having watched the video, I firmly agree with nothing the zionist student says and everything the student doing the taping says. However, you know what really sucks and can push you over the edge after a fraught argument about (maybe?) the world’s most fraught political topic? Finding out your being recorded without your knowledge! It doesn’t excuse violence but I find it unsurprising that someone would shove someone else for that. Furthermore, I find it pretty disingenuous to call this kid losing an argument and then his cool part of any sort ‘campaign of intimidation’.

Early on in the comments above there was some talk of the effects of phones and surveillance but that was swept aside after @MaxNarr’s naive request for equal time to zionists in the comments section. As has been mentioned, the comments policy at Mondoweiss, allows for no such equality. If you really want to make an opposing point on a comments section like this, forget about equality and tolerance, your best bet would be an accelarationist trolling similar to what @niass2 wrote above. I have now idea how it was meant to be taken (earnestly or as a troll) but it did go un-argued despite its over the top rhetoric. Karate chop! ;) Again, I don’t agree with @MaxNarr or the troll version of @niass2 about the issue at hand I am just offering advice on how to deal with perceived hypocrisy and sanctimony when you are in the minority opinion.

• chesimardstamp
      October 31, 2015, 1:03 pm

October 31, 2015, 5:16 pm

“Oops! Totally misread the direction of @niass2’s irony above. my bad. rough morning.”

“niass2′ is great, but his comments are not something you want to take on without a good night’s sleep, several cups of strengthening coffee and a good, hearty, stick-to-the-ribs breakfast. On a bad morning, no. I myself have conceived quite a liking for him.

13. amigo
    October 31, 2015, 3:50 pm

“Shmuel,

I care a lot for the people of Gaza, we have to recall that thousands of Jews were ethnically cleansed from Gaza and they remain refugees, these Jewish people of Gaza have the Right to Return to their lands in Gaza.
    – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2010/10/us-boat-to-gaza-to-join-efforts-from-switzerland-turkey-greece-ireland-norway-italy-sweden-malaysia-the-netherlands-to-form-the-freedom-flotilla-ii-in-march-2011#sthash.r0FAw3QF.dpuf“maximalist narrative.

Above is a post from this same schmuck on oct 10th 2010.He was asking to “work together” back then.Why do some people always show up in places they are not wanted.

Some people never learn.