Just what Palestine needs: more religion-addled American Jews with big guns and selfie sticks

US Politics

We try to document the extent to which Israel depends on American Jewish support; and University of Chicago scholar Sara Yael Hirschhorn has argued that one out of six settlers is American so it has American pedigree. Well, check out this extremely disturbing video appeal from a man who calls himself Ben Goldstein of Memphis, reaching out to you from “God’s land of Israel,” the occupied West Bank, near what he describes as a “Hamas stronghold” Palestinian village.

Hey, it’s Ben Goldstein getting at you from Judea..  All I want to ask you, is when you see this video, you think of what’s going on in the land of Israel, you think of what’s going on in God’s land…

If you want to feel like you’re a part of securing the Jewish nation, let’s do it together. I’ve been doing this since the beginning of the Gaza war, and I sure as hell am not going to stop. When my people are being slaughtered in the street like dogs– enough is enough!

He wants you to pay for ballistic glasses for soldiers.

These guys get nothing… Come be a partner with me… I can get you here with me delivering gear to soldiers… Just share this video….Anything. I don’t need advice, I don’t need pep talk. I need you to help. Partner up.

As for Israeli responses to violence:

We always attack, we always move forward, and we always do what’s right, no matter what, even if it’s uncomfortable…

[But] we cannot do that by ourselves anymore… The security situation has deteriorated so badly that we need additional cameras, we need day night cameras, we need stuff that is militarily approved.

The traffic passing me could be terrorists in a vehicle. Literally terrorists. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Al Qaeda cells.

This video bolsters my view that the conflict will not end till it breaks on American shores. I don’t want violence in Israel and Palestine and I don’t want it here either, but that is how such matters historically have resolved themselves. And Ben Goldstein of Memphis is gungho.

Goldstein posted this appeal on Facebook, along with a Memphis address:

My name is Ben Goldstein and my mission is to make certain our soldiers in Israel are protected above and beyond what they are issued.
Jewish and Israeli blood is once again cheap.
I am here to help prevent these attacks and to gear up our soldiers and civilians with the proper equipment needed to defend against this random, brutal and sickening terror.
I have been actively and directly helping our brave IDF warriors gear up with state of the art bullet proof vests, flashlights and ballistic glasses.
This gear allows them to fight effectively with confidence knowing they have the most advanced protection possible.
Their issued vests are terrible, old and a two piece system that is highly ineffective in combat as well as very uncomfortable for every day usage.
The soldiers are not issued eye protection (ballistic glasses) and most do not have proper flashlights for night patrols and terorrist arrests. Most injuries during the Gaza war were from eye related injuries.
I personally put my body on the line every day to protect what I believe in.
I patrol the hills of Judea, from the outskirts of Bethlehem to Hebron, as well as my communities perimeter, twice a day every day.
Please join me by partnering and delivering this life saving protective gear direct to our IDF warriors.
The donation can be tax deductible or you can donate directly via PayPal.
All gear deliveries are video and photographed and posted on Facebook, or sent to your email.
Thank you all and God bless.
I can answer any questions.
Ben

1. Emory Riddle
    October 8, 2015, 3:02 pm

Another byproduct of Zionism. Redneck Jews. In America and Israel (elsewhere too?).

October 8, 2015, 4:02 pm

“Emory” I call them “schmaltz-covered wing-nuts” or sometimes, the “Nice Glass Tea Party”

• Balfour
      October 9, 2015, 10:07 am

I think Ben’s just overcompensating for a natural condition made worse by his Mohel-

• Curatica
      October 9, 2015, 3:42 pm

Excellent syntagm: “the redneck Jews, an American byproduct of Zionism”!

• Froggy
        October 9, 2015, 4:14 pm

Curatica : ‘Of course, mixing religion and assault rifles is a blasphemy: “Thou shalt not kill”! And also: “Thou shalt not steal”!’

We must not forget :

“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour”

and

“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thy neighbour’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to thy neighbour.”

2. amigo
    October 8, 2015, 4:29 pm

hey benji , are you going to be so heroic when faced with a Khamas soldier who has a weapon that actually can hurt you.

Maybe you can send a selfie of your last moments wondering how the hell an A-rab got you in his sights.

What a piece of work this traitor to America is.

3. yourstruly
    October 8, 2015, 5:27 pm

Ben’s an Israel-firster who’s become an actual Zionist-terrorist.

4. Citizen
    October 8, 2015, 5:43 pm

Disgusting. This is what America breeds these days? They grow up sheltered by goy cops & military & opt to leave for Israel so they can display their massive bigotry without worry of being called to account by the culture.

5. JWalters
    October 8, 2015, 7:05 pm

This looks like a fabricated person to me, trying to rally the American vets the Israelis have betrayed.

6. lonely rico
    October 8, 2015, 7:38 pm

What the hell are the Israelis doing with the 3.5 billion sent by their friends in the US ?

… issued vests are terrible, old
    … soldiers are not issued eye protection (ballistic glasses)
    … do not have proper flashlights for night patrols and terorrist (sic) arrests.

Concerning this last, perhaps the freedom fighter from Memphis needs a MAGLITE –

Just the ticket for arresting Palestinian children in the middle of the night !

7. Froggy
    October 8, 2015, 7:55 pm

“The donation can be tax deductible or you can donate directly via PayPal.”

So donations made for the purpose of arming terrorists is tax deductible. And so many Americans wonder why the US is so widely hated.

• inbound39
      October 8, 2015, 9:00 pm

Question on everyones lips is why America is not outlawing these peoples actions and seizing their assets and arresting them like they would if Americans went and fought for ISIS or the Taliban. It’s no different….none at all. These people are bottomfeeders of the worst kind.

• Froggy
        October 8, 2015, 10:13 pm

Inbound39 : “These people are bottomfeeders of the worst kind.”

As are their supporters in the US and worldwide.

• inbound39
        October 9, 2015, 4:26 am

I agree Froggy.

• just
        October 9, 2015, 7:36 am

They are terrorists & bottomfeeders. This guy is well-versed in the new mythic Jewish/Israeli victimhood, hyperbole, and lies, too.

Now on to the religious motivations~ this evening I heard Robert Siegel interviewing Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks (now that’s a mouthful, eh?) about his new book. The piece was titled ‘Not In God’s Name’ Confronts Religious Violence With A ‘Different Voice’ Siegal brought up “young Muslim men in Iraq and Syria who are decapitating people in the name of their faith”, but there was NO discussion about the violent religious extremism and supremacism that is Israel and illegal Israeli settlers today, in what they would dearly love to be THE Jewish State with Netanyahu as the leader of world Jewry.

Siegel is such a crooner for Israel. Does he know about Ofer Winter? How about Ben Goldstein? (any relation to Baruch, buddy roe?) How about this rabbi:

“The chief rabbi of Safed, Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, who has attracted attention in the past over his anti-Arab statements, called on Thursday evening for soldiers and police to be put on trial if they allow perpetrators of terrorist attacks who are then apprehended to remain alive.”

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel/.premium-1.679508

yech.

8. yonah fredman
    October 9, 2015, 5:02 am

Phil Weiss writes: “This video bolsters my view that the conflict will not end till it breaks on American shores. I don’t want violence in Israel and Palestine and I don’t want it here either, but that is how such matters historically have resolved themselves. ” I disagree and I find this point of view disturbing.

This is how I see it playing out in America. The natural proclivities of the grass roots of the Democratic Party will reach the surface sooner or later. And at that point the Democratic Party will elect a president and a congress that will support the president in changing the policy towards Israel and the shift in American policy will lead to a new center of gravity regarding the middle east. Since the census occurs every ten years, i would have to locate such a future realignment in 2032 or 2042.

In any case, as long as these Memphis Jewish gun nuts don’t shoot a prominent American black leader (for example) the violence is not going to make a difference to American policy.

(JDL murderers in the 70’s killed an Arab out in California. Alex Odeh. Sirhan killed RFK. The nut shot up the Kansas City Jewish Center. Mohammed Ata and friends knocked down the World Trade Center. There are ripples of violence that come to America or blowback and so those are the relevant world events that are real in terms of a realistic view of cause and effect. but violence from Jewish gun nuts against American society has really not been part of the blowback, unless you count Jack Ruby. And just mentioning his name makes me think this discussion is based upon a skewed view of history. yes, there are reverberations of all sorts, but these Memphis Jewish gun nuts on the West Bank is a bugaboo under the bed and to produce such a reaction from Phil Weiss. i think it’s a weird reaction. )

• Froggy
      October 9, 2015, 4:30 pm

Oh, Americans will eventually figure out that they have been Israel’s freiers for a very long time.

9. Boomer
    October 9, 2015, 6:54 am

re: “the conflict will not end till it breaks on American shores.”

I thought that was what happened on 9/11/01.

10. Kay24
    October 9, 2015, 7:39 am

“Over the course of 1 week I have seen Jewish people in Israel, regular parents and children like you, knifed, slashed, shot, murdered and butchered, by terrorists in the streets of Jerusalem, walking to the Western Wall and simply driving down the street. Jewish and Israeli blood is once again cheap”

Strange vision. It makes one wonder how their vision is so selective. Last year over 2000 were massacred in Gaza yet it seems these crimes were invisible. The ongoing violence against unarmed civilians have been overlooked too. The concern for those armed to the teeth and shooting at little kids, is unbelievable.

• pmb1414
      October 9, 2015, 12:24 pm

Kay24 ~ All human life is precious, but what you don’t get is that Israeli Jewish lives are not more precious than those living under your indefensible military occupation. Those are the lives that have been cheapened.

• pmb1414
      October 11, 2015, 5:22 pm

Kay24, Embarrassed to see I didn’t read all of your post~ my apologies!

• Kay24
        October 11, 2015, 8:25 pm

No problem. I did wonder why you responded that way, but now I understand.

I do agree that all human life is precious, and no one is above the others. :))

11. pookieross
    October 9, 2015, 9:40 am

Hope everyone can watch the Anna Baltzer video on YouTube . It’s an extraordinary description of the horrors of the I/P occupation. It’s long but eloquent, well thought out and covers all the bases: “Why US and Israel wants to Ban this Video”. This video offers an excellent contrast to the poor exposure the Palestinian cause gets from the US media.

12. Mooser
    October 9, 2015, 11:57 am

“I disagree and I find this point of view disturbing”

You do? And after everything you’ve done to bring it to this point? Well, here’s what to do about it!