Hillary Clinton promises to invite Netanyahu to White House in her first month

US Politics

As his visit to Washington approaches, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s claque in the U.S. is getting noisier and noisier by the minute. And Hillary Clinton is outfront.

In the Washington Post today, Ronald Lauder of the World Zionist Organization has run a full page ad saying that it’s time for President Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu to “reinvigorate” the relationship between Israel and the United States. This is essential because of the rise of ISIS and other violent trends, notably “ongoing violent attacks against Jews in Israel.”
IMG_1296
There is also not a word about Palestinian suffering in Hillary Clinton’s piece in the Forward saying how she’ll reinvigorate the relationship with the Israeli PM as president: “How I Would Reaffirm Unbreakable Bond With Israel — and Benjamin Netanyahu”. Well at least she didn’t give an interview to Jeffrey Goldberg! She loves Israel; and Jews are suffering now.

On that first trip [in 1981; Bill Clinton was then in his first term as Governor of Arkansas], Bill and I fell in love with Jerusalem as we walked the ancient streets of the Old City. Even amid all the history and traditions, it was a city pulsing with life and energy. I am appalled that those same streets are now filled with terrorism and fear. We now hear of daily stabbings and shootings of innocent civilians — teenagers, parents and senior citizens. Israelis have to look over their shoulders during everyday tasks, like carrying groceries and waiting for the bus.

She says nothing about occupation or denial of rights to Palestinians. They’re terrorists:

I wrote and co-sponsored bills that isolated terror groups, and pushed to crack down on incitement in Palestinian textbooks and schools.

She promises to invite Netanyahu, or whoever the PM is, to the White House inside of a month:

I will do everything I can to enhance our strategic partnership and strengthen America’s security commitment to Israel, ensuring that it always has the qualitative military edge to defend itself. That includes immediately dispatching a delegation of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to meet with senior Israeli commanders. I would also invite the Israeli prime minister to the White House in my first month in office.

BDS is a big enemy in her piece:

I also will combat growing efforts to isolate Israel internationally and to undermine its future as a Jewish state, including the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement. I’ve spoken out against BDS in the United States and at the U.N., and will continue to do so.

This is all about raising money from Zionist Jews– such as Haim Saban, pictured above– for her presidential campaign, and pleasing Zionists in the US press.  And this is why the Center for American Progress, a thinktank with connections to Hillary Clinton, has bowed to pressure from AIPAC, the leading Israel lobby group, and is hosting Netanyahu next week.

Thanks to Adam Horowitz and Dorgham Abusalim.

1. pabelmont
    November 5, 2015, 12:27 pm

Hate to see a lady grovel. Am I missing something? And Bernie?

• Krauss
      November 5, 2015, 2:37 pm

I remember Phil covering her “secret” letter to Saban – which he promptly leaked to the press – where she was basically pleading personal loyalty to Zionism.

While I agree with Phil about the role of Zionist donors and/or press barons, I continue to maintain that we shouldn’t underestimate the twin factors of assimiliation and islamophobia.

Clinton’s only child is married to a Jew. If you look at the other side, the frontrunner’s daughter(as of now) is also married to a Jew. Trump also has several extremely close Jewish aides. Ditto Clinton.

The white establishment has merged. There’s no longer any Jewish/non-Jewish split. Phil’s wife’s “anti-anti-Semitism” remarks, nonwithstanding.

And then there’s the islamophobic factor. If something like 9/11 happened today, I’m not so sure if America would respond as non-violently (domestically) as it did back then. Palestinians can’t escape this larger trend. The black South Africans were easier to sympathise with because they were Christians. That’s a harsh statement, and I wish it wasn’t true, but it is and we have to deal with that.

Clinton’s letter reflect the realpolitik you mentioned, but it also reflects the underlying social dynamics that has transpired in America over the last few decades.

• tokyobk
        November 5, 2015, 7:19 pm

I have met both with and through the kinds of donors that Phil is taking about and my read it Bill is a Judeophile. A country kid, he met Jews at YLS as professors and friends and struck deep bonds emotionally and intellectually. Hillary, not really. Hillary has political instincts as shrewd as her husband but is not a deep feeler. “Ice in her veins” is how I remember a Zionist bundler for her once described her. Hillary’s deepest emotional bond is with a Muslim woman apparently, I don’t think she has absorbed much judeophilia or islamophobia. Its just about money and power with her and the Jews have more of both. For now.

• tokyobk
        November 5, 2015, 7:21 pm

I don’t think family stuff matters as much to her. Their grandchild may be Jewish but she is foremost a Clinton. On Trump, apparently his daughter’s conversion was genuine and they are active members of their synagogue and in Jewish politics including Israel. Enthusiastically.

November 5, 2015, 7:32 pm

” and my read it Bill is a Judeophile.”

Is that better or worse than being a “Jew-Hobbyist”?

” Hillary’s deepest emotional bond is with a Muslim woman apparently, I don’t think she has absorbed much judeophilia or islamophobia.”

Well, so much for Hillary. Not a deep feeler, that one.

• tokyobk
        November 5, 2015, 9:32 pm

I don’t think Clinton is obsessed in any way with Jews, I think he has a generally sympathetic take on Jews as a group. I also think he discovered that many Jews can be a friends with political benefits. With Hillary, as I mentioned, I suspect its only the latter.

My read, based on my experience with them both and the type of donors Phil is speaking of.

If you have a different (relevant) experience or read pleased share. I always like to learn new things, or be shown why I am wrong. Though I suspect as usual the experience you draw on is hours and hours and hours tossing comment section barbs.

• echinococcus
        November 5, 2015, 9:44 pm

tokyobk,

In my experience, you are the most obsessed with it of all people anywhere, hands down.

November 5, 2015, 9:55 pm

You are right, “tokyobk”. You got me there.
        I do not know the Clintons as well as you, and even if I did, I wouldn’t say those kinds of things about them. And you know how badly they need to be said, how much they contribute to our understanding of the Clintons
        So I probably spoke out of turn.

“Some people with The Jews as a hobby are philo and some anti. Some both. Better? Worse? Don’t know.”

Sure, be the head of the program, or suffer through a pogrom. It’s all one to us.
        But you’ve taught me one thing, (besides giving me insight into the Clinton clan and their relationships). I’m gonna watch out for “some people” You’ve mentioned them before, and they don’t sound very nice.

• Donald
        November 5, 2015, 9:57 pm

Tokyobk– I certainly don’t know them, but I suspect you are right. Though I wouldn’t underestimate Bill’s cynicism.

November 5, 2015, 10:15 pm

“Echin” didn’t you read what “tokyobk” just wrote? Obviously he’s not a quarter as obsessed about as the Clinton’s are. “tokyobk” just told us how they think about it. And I don’t care if a man is a “Judeophile” as long as the Jew is of age and consents.

And besides who are we to comment on the balebatim?

• Sibiriak
        November 5, 2015, 10:40 pm

Krauss: … we shouldn’t underestimate the twin factors of assimiliation and islamophobia.
        ———————-

And what about the //”Liberal” Protestantism—Zionism// factor?

Mother Jones, 2007:

————————-
        […]Through all of her years in Washington, Clinton has been an active participant in conservative Bible study and prayer circles that are part of a secretive Capitol Hill group known as the Fellowship. Her collaborations with right-wingers such as Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) and former Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) grow in part from that connection. ”

[…]Clinton’s faith is grounded in the Methodist beliefs she grew up with in Park Ridge, Illinois, a conservative Chicago suburb where she was active in her church’s altar guild, Sunday school, and youth group. It was there, in 1961, that she met the Reverend Don Jones, a 30-year-old youth pastor; Jones, a friend of Clinton’s to this day, told us he knows “more about Hillary Clinton’s faith than anybody outside her family.”

Because Jones introduced Clinton and her teenage peers to the civil rights movement and modern poetry and art, Clinton biographers often cast him as a proto-’60s liberal who sowed seeds of radicalism throughout Park Ridge. Jones, though, describes his theology as neoorthodox, guided by the belief that social change should come about slowly and without radical action. It emerged, he says, as a third way, a reaction against both separatist fundamentalism and the New Deal’s labor-based liberalism.

Under Jones’ mentorship, Clinton learned about Reinhold Niebuhr and Paul Tillich—thinkers whom liberals consider their own, but whom young Hillary Rodham encountered as theological conservatives. The Niebuhr she studied was a cold warrior, dismissive of the progressive politics of his earlier writing. “He’d thought that once we were unionized, the kingdom of God would be ushered in,” Jones explains. “But the effect of those two world wars and the violence that they produced shook his faith in liberal theology. He came to believe that the achievement of justice meant a clear understanding of the limitations of the human condition.” Tillich, whose sermon on grace Clinton turned to during the Lewinsky scandal, today enjoys a following among conservatives for revising the social gospel—the notion that Christians are to improve humanity’s lot here on earth by fighting poverty, inequality, and exploitation—to emphasize individual redemption instead of activism.

Niebuhr and Tillich’s combination of aggressiveness in foreign affairs and limited domestic ambition naturally led Clinton toward the GOP. She was a Goldwater Girl who, under the tutelage of her high school history teacher Paul Carlson (whom Jones describes as “to the right of the John Birchers”), attended biweekly anticommunist meetings and later served as president of Wellesley’s Young Republicans chapter. Out of step with the era’s radicalism, Clinton wrote Jones from college, lamenting that her fellow students didn’t believe that one could be “a mind conservative and a heart liberal.” To Jones, this question indicated that Clinton shared Niebuhr’s notion of Christians needing to have “a dark enough view of life that they can be realistic about what’s possible.”

[…] When Clinton first came to Washington in 1993, one of her first steps was to join a Bible study group. For the next eight years, she regularly met with a Christian “cell” whose members included Susan Baker, wife of Bush consigliere James Baker; Joanne Kemp, wife of conservative icon Jack Kemp; Eileen Bakke, wife of Dennis Bakke, a leader in the anti-union Christian management movement; and Grace Nelson, the wife of Senator Bill Nelson, a conservative Florida Democrat.

Clinton’s prayer group was part of the Fellowship (or “the Family”), a network of sex-segregated cells of political, business, and military leaders dedicated to “spiritual war” on behalf of Christ , many of them recruited at the Fellowship’s only public event, the annual National Prayer Breakfast. (Aside from the breakfast, the group has “made a fetish of being invisible,” former Republican Senator William Armstrong has said.) The Fellowship believes that the elite win power by the will of God, who uses them for his purposes. Its mission is to help the powerful understand their role in God’s plan.

[…]The Fellowship’s ideas are essentially a blend of Calvinism and Norman Vincent Peale, the 1960s preacher of positive thinking. It’s a cheery faith in the “elect” chosen by a single voter—God—and a devotion to Romans 13:1: “Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers….The powers that be are ordained of God.” Or, as Coe has put it, “we work with power where we can, build new power where we can’t.”

When Time put together a list of the nation’s 25 most powerful evangelicals in 2005, the heading for Coe’s entry was “The Stealth Persuader.” “You know what I think of when I think of Doug Coe?” the Reverend Schenck (a Coe admirer) asked us. “I think literally of the guy in the smoky back room that you can’t even see his face. He sits in the corner, and you see the cigar, and you see the flame, and you hear his voice—but you never see his face. He’s that shadowy figure.”

Coe has been an intimate of every president since Ford, but he rarely imposes on chief executives, who see him as a slightly mystical but apolitical figure. Rather, Coe uses his access to the Oval Office as currency with lesser leaders. “If Doug Coe can get you some face time with the President of the United States,” one official told the author of a Princeton study of the National Prayer Breakfast last year, “then you will take his call and seek his friendship. That’s power.”

“If you’re going to do religion in public life,” concurs Schenck, a Jewish convert to fundamentalist Christianity who’s retained his sense of irony, Coe’s friendship is a kind of “kosher…seal of approval.”

Coe’s friends include former Attorney General John Ashcroft, Reaganite Edwin Meese III, and ultraconservative Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.). Under Coe’s guidance, Meese has hosted weekly prayer breakfasts for politicians, businesspeople, and diplomats, and Pitts rose from obscurity to head the House Values Action Team, an off-the-record network of religious right groups and members of Congress created by Tom DeLay. The corresponding Senate Values Action Team is guided by another Coe protégé, Brownback, who also claims to have recruited King Abdullah of Jordan into a regular study of Jesus’ teachings.

The Fellowship’s long-term goal is “a leadership led by God—leaders of all levels of society who direct projects as they are led by the spirit.” According to the Fellowship’s archives, the spirit has in the past led its members in Congress to increase U.S. support for the Duvalier regime in Haiti and the Park dictatorship in South Korea.

The Fellowship’s God-led men have also included General Suharto of Indonesia; Honduran general and death squad organizer Gustavo Alvarez Martinez; a Deutsche Bank official disgraced by financial ties to Hitler; and dictator Siad Barre of Somalia, plus a list of other generals and dictators. Clinton, says Schenck, has become a regular visitor to Coe’s Arlington, Virginia, headquarters, a former convent where Coe provides members of Congress with sex-segregated housing and spiritual guidance.

[…]Throughout her time at the White House, Clinton writes in Living History, she took solace from “daily scriptures” sent to her by her Fellowship prayer cell, along with Coe’s assurances that she was right where God wanted her. (Clinton’s sense of divine guidance has been noted by others: Bishop Richard Wilke, who presided over the United Methodist Church of Arkansas during her years in Little Rock, told us, “If I asked Hillary, ‘What does the Lord want you to do?’ she would say, ‘I think I’m called by the Lord to be in public service at whatever level he wants me.'”)

[…] The Fellowship isn’t out to turn liberals into conservatives; rather, it convinces politicians they can transcend left and right with an ecumenical faith that rises above politics. Only the faith is always evangelical, and the politics always move rightward.

This is in line with the Christian right’s long-term strategy. Francis Schaeffer, late guru of the movement, coined the term “cobelligerency” to describe the alliances evangelicals must forge with conservative Catholics. Colson, his most influential disciple, has refined the concept of cobelligerency to deal with less-than-pure politicians. In this application, conservatives sit pretty and wait for liberals looking for common ground to come to them. Clinton, Colson told us, “has a lot of history” to overcome, but he sees her making the right moves.

These days, Clinton has graduated from the political wives’ group into what may be Coe’s most elite cell, the weekly Senate Prayer Breakfast. Though weighted Republican, the breakfast—regularly attended by about 40 members—is a bipartisan opportunity for politicians to burnish their reputations, giving Clinton the chance to profess her faith with men such as Brownback as well as the twin terrors of Oklahoma, James Inhofe and Tom Coburn, and, until recently, former Senator George Allen (R-Va.). Democrats in the group include Arkansas Senator Mark Pryor, who told us that the separation of church and state has gone too far; Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) is also a regular. [ETC.]

————

• CigarGod
        November 6, 2015, 10:34 am

There is a sizablePalestinian Christian population in the WB, is there not?
        This is an under capitalized opportunity.

• echinococcus
        November 7, 2015, 8:58 am

Mooser,

Even a milligram of balebatism and I am out of my depth. You’re right, this kind of rarefied atmosphere is not for us plodding hicks.

• Boomer
      November 6, 2015, 6:40 am

“Grovel” is such a strong word. Being on your knees simply goes with the job, when you do the donkey. That’s what that little room next to the Oval Office is for.

2. Theo
    November 5, 2015, 12:39 pm

Reading Hillary´s comments I am not sure what is her goal, the presidency of the USA or perhaps Israel?
    During the years the Clintons became the most ardent zionists in the upper roles of our politicians, it is a pitty, as once I liked Bill very much. Let´s hope the voters see through of this sham and vote for Bernie Sanders, who is a jew, but a lot less zionist as all other candidates in both parties. Looking at the roles of the democrats, I do not see a person who is qualified to become our president, as matter od fact, I don´t see one in the GOP either.
    Poor USA, trying to rule the world, but has no real leaders.

Last night I saw an israeli movie, where all were hard zionists and hated the arabs, until the grandmother informed them that she lied about her religion, she is not jewish and according to jewish laws her aggressive zionist children are also not jewish. It was very amusing and if we would scratch some of those zionists, how many would end up not being jewish?

• kalithea
      November 6, 2015, 1:49 am

According to Zionism you’re not a real Jew unless you’re a Zionist; sigh! if only it were written somewhere that if you’re a Zionist; then you’re not a real Jew.

What is Zionism?:

I’ll answer Cole’s question: It’s a political cult and a religious cult intertwined to make up one super-supremacist ideology milking the myth and the Holocaust. So it’s a cult that really does a number on your mind exercising the ultimate control. It’s a kind of Super Cult working two channels.

Here’s a line I really enjoyed: Jefferson advocated an American revolution every 25 years, which would have gotten him in trouble with today’s FBI. Etc.

Americans are due for a Revolution to end all revolutions, oh, and so are Jews!

3. talknic
    November 5, 2015, 1:23 pm

Hilary Clinton during the official launch of her 2016 presidential campaign. “While many of you are working multiple jobs to make ends meet, you see the top 25 hedge fund managers making more than all of America’s kindergarten teachers combined. And, often paying a lower tax rate,” https://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22While+many+of+you+are+working+multiple+jobs+to+make+ends+meet,+you+see+the+top+25+hedge%22

Who did her daughter marry? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/25/editorial-marc-mezvinskys-eaglevale-hedgefund-may-/

• Keith
      November 5, 2015, 4:31 pm

TALKNIC- “Who did her daughter marry?”

Perhaps one of the defining characteristics of a liberal politician is to be able to feel our pain as they twist the knife handle.

November 6, 2015, 12:36 pm

I can’t discuss Hilary Clinton. I’m too old, and I remember her husband’s term as President all too well. All I can ever think when I see her is “That woman has it in for us”.

4. a blah chick
    November 5, 2015, 1:51 pm

That man comes to MY country, talks crap about my president and SHE says that WE have to “mend the relationship”!

And the thing that really boils my beans is that she does not believe half the things she says. It’s all just political. She knows what a lying POS Netanyahu is. She has no beliefs only positions that please the donors.

• kalithea
      November 6, 2015, 2:09 am

They have one big thing in common: two hawks of a feather.

Iraq anyone?

5. ckg
    November 5, 2015, 3:02 pm

Glenn Greenwald in the Intercept today:

LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis — including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.

The emails also provide crucial context for understanding CAP’s controversial decision to host an event next week for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That event, billed by CAP as “A Conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu,” will feature CAP President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu together in a Q&A session as they explore “ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States.” That a group whose core mission is loyalty to the White House and the Democratic Party would roll out the red carpet for a hostile Obama nemesis is bizarre, for reasons the Huffington Post laid out when it reported on the controversy provoked by CAP’s invitation…

• a blah chick
      November 5, 2015, 4:05 pm

I just read that article in the Intercept and highly recommend it. It really shows just how beholden to the wealthy donors these so called “think tanks” are. The machinations behind the scenes at CAP sound chilling and reminds me of Stalinist Russia, minus the firing squads.

• Kay24
      November 5, 2015, 4:52 pm

End the Occupation has a petition for CAP urging them to NOT invite Nutty to speak, and urging those in the area to join in a protest when loony tunes comes to town.
      Anyone who is interested, please help them get the numbers.

6. David Doppler
    November 5, 2015, 3:25 pm

Check out Netanyahu’s latest in-yo-face appointment – a raving Kerry/Obama baiter as Chief of Diplomacy, and Jodi Rudoren’s reporting of it:

7. Boomer
    November 5, 2015, 4:48 pm

This site always has some discouraging news to report, but today’s load seems particularly heavy. It isn’t only this piece about Mrs. Clinton (though it is bad enough), but also the other stories: the cumulative effect is overwhelming. I’ve checked this site regularly for years, but only recently became aware of the extent to which I did so with the hope (buried deep in my psyche), of finding a small morsel of good news, of reason for hope. Rarely I did find something, but rarely and not much. Increasingly rarely, and vanishingly small. Hope seems harder to maintain, in the face of news such as you report today. If some help for Palestinians comes, it will evidently have to come from some other country. I hope someone helps the Palestinians to freedom and dignity for their own sake, but also for the sake of America.

• MHughes976
      November 5, 2015, 6:02 pm

This week I’ve been particularly depressed by an article by Nathan Thrall in the London Review of Books about Israel’s utterly massive and overwhelming power, even though he does think that the sheer continuing presence of the Palestinians will,, seeing that ‘only the Palestinians themselves can confer the legitimacy and acceptance that Zionism craves’, will lead to something positive.

• Boomer
        November 5, 2015, 7:23 pm

Thanks for the reference, though I didn’t really need to read another depressing analysis. As an American, this paragraph stood out for me:

“The United States, meanwhile, is still devoted to maintaining Israel’s military superiority over all its neighbours. More than half of US spending on military aid goes to Israel alone, with the amount set to increase as compensation to Israel for the Iranian nuclear deal. The US protects Israel’s nuclear programme from Arab countries that call for a nuclear-free zone in the Middle East, and stands behind Israel in the UN Security Council and other international institutions. It is unwilling to contemplate sanctions against Israeli companies and institutions operating in the occupied territories. With a few exceptions, it has even insisted on referring to Israeli ‘neighbourhoods’, not ‘settlements’, in East Jerusalem. It still won’t dream of recognising a Palestinian state. Israel has been unyielding towards the Obama administration because it knows it has so little to fear.”

from: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n21/nathan-thrall/along-the-divide

• JWalters
      November 5, 2015, 8:23 pm

I know what you mean. But here’s some good news.

“On Oct. 29, the 200,000-strong Connecticut AFL-CIO passed a powerful resolution of support for Palestinian rights, calling on its national federation to join the campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israeli government abuses.”

And as Krauss recently pointed out in another discussion, the truth of the BDS movement has taken hold solidly in the colleges and universities. That’s a powerful grass roots movement. That’s what destroyed the lies of the Vietnam War. It seems to me the oligarchy is feeling desperate, pushing them to increasingly extreme absurdities. People are getting uncomfortable. Now is a time to keep pounding. The territory to be taken is in people’s minds.

• Boomer
        November 6, 2015, 6:42 am

@ JWalters, “here’s some good news”

Thanks, I needed that.

• MHughes976
        November 6, 2015, 8:00 am

Yes, that is true, and the worldwide rejection of the Mufti story was a significant propaganda defeat.

• Kay24
        November 6, 2015, 10:49 am

I hope this grows stronger. The world has got to hit the culprits where it hurts most, and from the way they sponge off the US, Germany (guilt card played there) and other nations, some financial losses might sting them. Good luck to those involved.

8. Kathleen
    November 5, 2015, 5:02 pm

Hillary Clinton working against justice. How is that people seem to have forgotten her bloody role in the run up to the invasion, her willingness toe endlessly repeat the neocons unsubstantiated claims about Iran before the 2008 campaign during and after. Then her support for the military interventions in Libya and Syria.

The woman is a warmonger.

9. Blownaway
    November 5, 2015, 5:04 pm

@Boomer as a Christian Palestinian ( I point that out because the Christian Palestinians always had it slightly better) in the diaspora you have accurately described the despair I feel. But it is nothing the the dread it brings me when I hear about the abject despair that is causing the children of Palestine to lose all hope and commit suicide at the hands of the occupation army only to hear Hillary show no empathy to the victim. What a [email protected]

10. Marnie
    November 5, 2015, 5:25 pm

+1 Blownaway. What a horrible, soulless whore.

11. Rusty Pipes
    November 5, 2015, 6:50 pm

Oh heck! Why not just invite Netanyahu to make the Lincoln Bedroom his home away from home?

• Kay24
      November 6, 2015, 10:51 am

Better still, why not the Oval office? She can easily get an antique oak table placed close to her, so that he can sit on a velvet chair and keep “moving” the US very easily!

12. hellsbells
    November 5, 2015, 7:16 pm

“She promises to invite Netanyahu, or whoever the PM is, to the White House inside of a month”

Perhaps the ‘whoever’ is an indication that Nitinyackpoo won’t be keeping his job. We might well ask if a President of the US feels this much pressure from the Israel lobby, what level of pressure is on the PM of Israel? So even if by some miracle Israelis voted for a less aggressive Knesset would that even cause a change in Israeli policies?

It’s very likely that the state of Palestine is fully out of the hands of all democratic processes and entirely under the domain of wealthy Jews.

13. JWalters
    November 5, 2015, 7:47 pm

Hillaryland looks like Israeli occupied territory. Reading her full statement, it’s striking for its absolute lack of any wisp of consideration for the Palestinians. It reads like it was written by Netanyahu’s press office. The hundreds of Palestinian villages, children, mothers, and families that it took being destroyed to set up Jewish settlements, these are not even alluded to. There is no stock Obama statement that “the settlements are not helpful”, let alone the more recent statement that the settlements are a hindrance to peace.

Like ALL Zionist cases, her case rests on her EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT to Israel, which she describes in detail. Emotions are well-known to derail rationality, and her omitting half of the story is obviously irrational, if the goal is the truth. Lying by omission is a standard component of the Zionist case. It is ALWAYS present. Because it is always necessary.

What could she do differently than Obama to get this unbreakable relationship back on track? She could stop complaining about the “settlements” (doubling as military outposts). That’s what Bill did. Bill stopped complaining about the “settlements” after Bibi threatened to blackmail him over Monica. Then the weekend of Bibi’s visit the Monica story went public. Bill didn’t bring up the “settlements”, and Bibi went back to Israel without having to discuss the “settlements”. “How Monica Lewinsky and her dress destroyed the Middle East Peace Accords” by J.J. Goldberg.

Hillary and Bill have received all those millions of dollars from the Zionists of Wall Street for speaking to them, among others. And their daughter has a lucrative job in their midst, and also receives large payments for speaking to them.

And bankers have been known to use unsavory methods to control political leaders. Former international banker John Perkins, in his “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man”, tells how a high-level banker would visit a new South American president. After congratulating him, he would put the following proposition, approximately. “In one pocket I have a check for a great many million dollars. You and your family will live safely and well if you work with us. In the other pocket I have a bullet with your name on it.” And this usually worked. One way or the other.

Donald Trump recently said that the high-level donors make their politicians their puppets. And he said of them, “these are highly sophisticated killers”. At about 7:45 in this video =

“Many of the people who gave to Jeb, and to Hillary, and to everybody else, they’re friends of mine, or enemies of mine, but they’re people I know. These are not people who are doing it because they love the color of his hair, believe me. These are highly sophisticated killers. And when they give 5 million dollars, or 2 million, or a million to Jeb, they have him just like a puppet. He’ll do whatever they want. He is their puppet. … Believe me, nobody played the game better than I did. I know the game from the other side. And that’s the way it works.”

Noted economist Simon Johnson said the shape of the Great Recession was evidence that America, like some third world countries, had been taken over by an oligarchy.

14. Kathleen
    November 5, 2015, 8:07 pm

J Walters “Predators have no favorites. If you think you’re immune, you’re mistaken. They will send your family to die in brigades for their profits.” or political seats and calculations.

Hillary is clearly such a predator

15. Kay24
    November 5, 2015, 10:48 pm

So what will the next President do? Nothing will change, ever, until the zionists have chased/killed the Palestinians, and they can live their miserable lives in Palestinian territories.

“WH admits no 2 state solution during Obama’s term. Who expected it anyway? Nutty has turned down offers of fighter jets to participate in peace talks, so Obama must have been naive, or pretends to be, thinking Israel will end the occupation and allow it’s prisoners, free. No chance in Hell will the zionist ever change the status quo.

White House Admits Israeli-Palestinian Two-State Solution Not Possible Before Obama Leaves Office
    The administration has resigned itself to damage control.”

Huffpost article

• inbound39
      November 6, 2015, 3:12 pm

For all the reasons stated in this article there is the stark reality and motivation as to why Hilary Clinton and her ilk must be blocked from holding office in the White House. I tend to speak the truth which many people find unpalateable. Truth hurts. Few things have disturbed me in my lifetime but what is happening to the Palestinians disgusts me to the core. To see the American Government so blatantly supporting and supplying Israel with the means to rain pain and grief down on Palestinians has affected me more than any other issue ever. My father did not put his efforts into the Second World War for this neither did the many others who fought and died in that war. It is not why I laid my life on the line during my years of Military Service.
      Whether the Jewish people suffered the Holocaust or not there is absolutely no rational or reasonable excuse to allow Israel to continue conducting itself in such a criminal manner. Israel has defied a World record number of Resolutions and has recieved no punishment whatsoever. America has rewarded Israel for its murderous intent by giving it $3 Billion per annum……soon to be $5 Billion.

Saddam Hussein and Iraq were in contravention of just 16 Resolutions and he was conducting gassings of Kurds and regularly using chemical warfare against the Iranians. The World after twelve years of talking invaded Iraq after it continued to fail to comply. Israel has been in defiance of over 69 Resolutions for decades and has killed thousands of Palestinians and expelled millions more from their land. Can anyone see anything wrong with this picture? Can anyone see the sickness of America and Britains actions in maintaining support for Israel? Is this what we are supposed to be okay with and teach our children to accept? People can silence my voice and ignore the truth,however Israel is far more offensive and disgusting than anything I have ever said or done or could ever think of doing. Some days I wake up and look at the news and think I am living in an insane asylum run and controlled by mad people. For the American Government to say it can do nothing when cutting the AID and Weaponry to Israel WOULD stop the conflict is a blatant cop out.

16. kalithea
    November 6, 2015, 12:55 am

Here’s what I don’t get, tiny countries have more than two parties, heck, some countries have 10 Parties and it’s actually exciting, no one’s too big for their britches. Isn’t insanity doing the same old thing over and over and getting nowhere? The United States of America with close to 319 million people can’t get a third party off the ground to blow away the two-party rut??? People on the right and the left just cry in their soup all day long buaaaaah! who can fix this broken corrupt system???, and then these lazy couch potatoes throw their arms up in despair and just do nothing but watch football and Viagra commercials all weekend long!

Americans are so politically-obsessed, bananas for gotcha debates where the corporate clown gets the ratings, and gaga for cable news political hacks spinning the same corrupt narrative round and round, but no one steps up to the plate to challenge this corrupt two-party system!

How about a Party dedicated to the American people for a change and not foreign Lobbies and Zio-lib-cons same thing and corporate masters?

And how about an anti-Zionist Jew as the nominee? How about a catchy slogan, like: A CHANGE IS COMING! Know anyone who could get such a Party off the ground? Quit crying, get excited, get creative and quit voting the two-party fraud!

Hey 318.9 million! Get off the couch and start a Revolution for a change! It’s either that or the same ol’ tired faces dancing across your screen on strings tied to the Lobby at the top that’s busy whittling away at the Constitution and American identity.

War in Syria, la-la-la, 2, 3, no…4 more years in Afghanistan, back to Iraq, bomb-bomb Iran, Palestinians are terrorists; so let’s legalize…Apartheid???, 5 billion to Israel, pennies for Americans, another Cold War with Russia AND China, more trillions needed for fake security that your great grandchildren will pay one day while they stand in the soup line. Is this the drone you want to hear for the next 8 years??? It’s getting dark again…Hillary’s a hawk who can’t wait to be served peach cobbler in the White House while Gaza starves and Operation…Iron Fist decimates another quota and Trump wants to rule like a monarch and let the little people eat CAKE!

8 YEARS OF DARK MISERY AHEAD and 318.9 million people can’t do a damn thing about it.

November 6, 2015, 11:24 am

“How bout a Party with a name like: the America First Party! where everyone is celebrated with fair representation: Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Native Americans…the whole tapestry, for a change!”

I take your point, “kalithea”, but you might want to Google “America First Party” the name has a history.

• kalithea
        November 6, 2015, 7:40 pm

Should have googled name. It’s a pity that the name was adopted by Libertarians because, they can’t seem to get their act together and this limits the scope of what that name could represent, although I do like quite a few Libertarian ideas in that they very much challenge the status quo.

For instance, non-intervention in foreign conflicts, balancing foreign relations, no to NWO, abolishing certain trade agreements, withdrawing from NATO, although I don’t think withdrawing from the U.N. is a good move, but a lot of their foreign policy ideas like cutting foreign funding and reducing military presence/bases are good things, and I very much like defense of constitutional rights with the exception of unregulated gun control; so I don’t agree with everything and there are some Libertarian politicians I don’t like, but I do think that a radical change is needed and a 180-degree change in foreign policy will be required and believe the U.S. needs to rediscover itself based on the wisdom of some of its founders.

The idea of slimming down government bureaucracy to cut down on corruption, and reducing military presence/bases in the world while still promoting fundamental American values of freedom equality and human rights is good, although Libertarians tend to overlook social justice sometimes which includes programs for the poor and disadvantaged Americans; so there should still be a balance between taxation and support for Americans who struggle socially so completely doing away with taxation might not work, although a lot of military and big government spending could be redistributed to: education, retirement and healthcare.

So although there’s a good base to work with there, Libertarians don’t have it all together and to succeed they need to amalgamate basic Liberal and Conservative principles into their platform to draw a wider public, and that’s why they can’t get off the ground, but a lot of their ideas make sense. An America First Party, should have the best of two sides, minus foreign influence and political corruption and of course totally reconstructing a new foreign policy.

November 7, 2015, 2:55 am

“and I very much like defense of constitutional rights”

“kalithea” if you read the material closely, the main thing these right wing parties object to is the Civil Rights Laws, the laws outlawing discrimination. This is the great abrogation of American’s “rights” they are talking about: The US government has taken away the right to discriminate.
        This has been at the base of all the right-wing stuff since the laws started being passed.

17. kalithea
    November 6, 2015, 3:09 am

One more thing: vote for Hillary and give her one year–BDS will be illegal and maybe even criminal.

• kalithea
      November 8, 2015, 6:21 pm

@Mooser

As I stated, I don’t agree with everything; and I don’t like to think of Libertarianism as strictly right wing either even if Libertarian candidates have made the mistake of running within the Republican party.

Anyway, regarding Civil Rights: if the Constitution is adhered to, all Americans are equal; and it is in non-adherence to the Fourteenth Amendment that a serious problem arises. The real problem is that the Constitution is not enforced as it should be. Secondly, I believe that what true Libertarians disagree with lies not in that all men are equal, it’s the notion of exclusivity which is in fact a form of discrimination because exclusivity singles out one group for exclusive protection and entitlement, when in fact everyone should be protected equally and entitlements should be for all or none.

Again the real problem is that laws and authority should conform to the Constitution; that people should be equal in every way and especially under the law. So therein lies the problem; non-adherence to the foundation of all law results in discrimination, and really the solution should not be to create yet another form of discrimination through exclusivity but to ensure that Constitutional law dominates always and for everyone equally as stated.

November 8, 2015, 7:13 pm

“yet another form of discrimination through exclusivity”

Libertarians always try that trick. You are conflating two different but related things. Civil Rights and the right to petition for redress of grievances. Those are two different things, but they are American rights, not “exclusivity”.

• echinococcus
        November 9, 2015, 5:21 am

Kallithea:
        “…I don’t like to think of Libertarianism as strictly right wing either even if Libertarian candidates have made the mistake of running within the Republican party.”

Now do you think that if they had made the other mistake, that of running with the “Democratic party”, that would have been any less right-wing, or to call it differently any lefter-wing? I don’t remember the Dem “party”, even assuming that it is distinct from the Rep and that both are “parties”, ever advocated the collective control of the means of production, or opposed imperialism in any way or wise. Everything is “right wing” in the US of A anyway.

18. Boomer
    November 6, 2015, 6:34 am

@ Kay24, re “WH admits no 2 state solution during Obama’s term”

I saw that Huff Post article via Google News last night, but didn’t have the heart to come back to this site to comment, although it did seem seem like a fitting conclusion for my comments.

I was struck by the sub-heading: “The administration has resigned itself to damage control.” I didn’t have to wonder what damage, to whom, they want to limit. Obviously not damage to the Palestinians. Damage to donations to Democrats (and to ex-presidents) is their concern.

I was also struck by statement that, “We’ve tried many different approaches over the course of the administration,” said Ben Rhodes, deputy national security adviser for strategic communication, during Thursday’s call. “Direct negotiations, indirect negotiations, the U.S. putting out some principles. And again, at each juncture, ultimately the parties themselves did not take the sufficient steps forward to reach a negotiated two-state solution.”

I could think of some things that the administration has not tried, for example, speaking truthfully to the American public about this issue, and refraining from using our veto and the threat of our veto at the UN Security Council. As the same article notes:

“The U.S. has continued to quietly oppose intervention by the United Nations Security Council, where France has floated the idea of introducing a resolution that would outline parameters for a peace agreement.”

• Kay24
      November 6, 2015, 7:21 am

I agree with what you have said Boomer. The US was never an honest broker in this situation, they did try to persuade both sides, even had to bribe the occupier to attend peace talks, but then I wonder if US officials are intellectually challenged or good at playing charades, because Israel has made all the excuses in the book to not resolve this, and the blame has always been (sounds crazy sometimes) on the victims of the occupation. An occupation we seem to be aiding and abetting.

Diplomacy is one thing, but when there are people living in open prisons, having their lands stolen, and living in a hopeless and dangerous situation, when will their sense of decency kick in and put the needs of the suffering above the support for the perpetrator of war crimes.
      We have been sending the Palestinians and the rest of the world mixed signals. We have allowed
      the occupier to get away with murder, allowed the leaders of evil get away with making threatening statements, lie about a Mufti, steal, murder, act like nazis, and yet we have cut
      Palestinian aid because someone over there, is “inciting”. What the heck do they expect from
      occupied people?

This feeble attempt to make peace is a joke. We can easily threaten to stop aid going to a rogue nation, sanction them, and make them stop the illegal settlement, that is detrimental to any peace, but instead we reward them, aid them, and let them do any damn thing they please, even break international laws.

There is no hope for the Palestinians, even their Arab brothers are in bed with their tormenters, and use the Palestinian issue for political purposes.

The next President of the US will not be any better, maybe worse.

Clinton has already promised to kiss Israel’s large behind.

• inbound39
        November 6, 2015, 9:15 pm

The Laugh is that if Obama or Kerry or Boehner were under Occupation by Israel they too would fire rockets at Israel. Just as Israel has a right to self defence so do the Palestinians. Israel incites ALL the violence by continuing its illegal Occupation. These politicians don’t realise how ridiculous they look and sound by expecting us all to swallow what they are saying when defending Israel’s actions. We are not stupid and at some point these politicians will pay. The people ALL AROUND THE WORLD are sick and tired of watching the mass murder of Palestinians by Israel on a daily,weekly.monthly and yearly basis. Their religious beliefs are no excuse for their actions…as for a Special Relationship with Israel……Who on earth has a Special Relationship with a mass murderer? It is ridiculous and totally insane.

• Kay24
        November 8, 2015, 4:36 pm

I agree. It is ridiculous, and the excuses look feeble all the time. I have traveled to many parts of the world, and when this topic comes up, most people blame the US for enabling this pariah nation, and also mention that the US lobby controls what is going on here. I have to agree with this because I know it is the truth. I have also have had to hear the anger against the US for the wars, and the deaths of thousands and thousands of innocent civilians. Our alliance with Israel brings nothing but trouble, and our reputation for waging wars a huge embarrassment.

19. Vera Gottlieb
    November 6, 2015, 9:40 am

And one more behind that Bibi will be delighted to kiss.

20. Blownaway
    November 6, 2015, 10:51 am

Obama not to press for two state solution is another gift in addition to billions more in high tech toys of destruction . Like all entitled they are still ungrateful

• CigarGod
      November 6, 2015, 10:54 am

No need for the “entitled” dig, Pard.
      You can argue that position any better than Zionists can’t argue Apartheid.

• CigarGod
      November 6, 2015, 10:55 am

No need for the “entitled” dig, Pard.
      You can’t argue that position any better than Zionists can argue Apartheid.

21. bopfromthedarkside
    November 6, 2015, 2:48 pm

So the rumors were true. Money is the root of all evil.

22. traintosiberia
    November 7, 2015, 10:00 am

If Iraq war put Israel at the top of the food chain at the western political military financial machine ,Syrian war has brought it down from that position for good . In reality that machine is frayed, immobile and waiting for inevitable journey to the junkyard . But the octopus will not US to get free . Now the host is in its own final phase of total subordination . The tentacles will not let US escape and US cant support it anymore by securing outside helps( or demands ) China S Sea, Ukraine,and Syrian war have only reignited the unfinished business of Georgian war , Lebanon Hizbullah Israel war, and Manchurian war . The world is not in awe and it has survived the shock . Israel is just another country who will be forced to deal with inner secular and religious tension, Jews and non Jews tension . Israel can dictate US but will not be able to get it done beyond WB and Gaza . US,Israel, and Royals in Arab will come closer just the British Jordan and Israel did. This arrangement was shattered because British got its fingers burnt in other but related wars. US-Royals-Israel troika can last for a long time But chances are Israel will push the envelope and get US more embroiled in more audacious dangerous demands bringing China ,Iran,Russia as durable monolithic resistance while Syrian and Hizbullah would provide the manpower to go against Israel if occasion arose .

Israel’s days are numbered not because it’s enemies are powerful but because it has put itself into a corner both within and outside , domestically and internationally .

Humpty -Dumpty cant be put back on the horses again

• Kay24
      November 8, 2015, 4:39 pm

Well it is time Humpty Dumpty was hit where it hurts most- it’s economy. Once the aid is stopped, the boycotts and sanctions hit, Humpty will be singing a different song. The BDS movement has shown it can be successful.
      Israel must be treated like the pariah it is, then it will feel the pain.

Maybe the Adelsons of the world can step in and pay for the losses.