Pure rubbish

US Politics

We had hardly survived the wrath of Donald Trump against all of us Moslems before it was the folks in Lubbock, Texas up in arms about Arabs and their language. Someone displayed a sign in Arabic declaring “Love to all” and Texans read hate and danger as the message behind that slogan. Here is an example of how the incident was reported:

Banner Bearing Arabic Message of Love Reported to Homeland Security and FBI: Officials in Lubbock, Texas, shut down traffic and called for an investigation in response to a publicly displayed banner.

I know you don’t believe me. Here is the link. Go ahead and read it for yourself.

You would be forgiven to ask what was wrong with declaring “Love to all” on Valentine’s Day. Let me share a secret about the sick logic of those behind the ruse. In the Arabic language there is an accepted linguistic trick that may well be applicable here. It involves the speaker taking poetic license by using the opposite word of what one wants to say but would rather avoid saying. Just bear with me while I illustrate this slight of linguistic hand for you: Like Arabs, their desert snakes tend to be nasty in the extreme.  One bite from one of those shiny orange ones with the baklava-shaped* marking on its head and you better say your good-byes in a hurry. Now guess what Arabs call a man bitten by a snake? They call him ‘saleem’. In the original, that is Arabic for ‘healthy’ or ‘well.’ How more sick can you get, figuratively and literally speaking?

To the few among us who keep track of the underhanded ways of Arabs — and you have to know their impossible language and its devious Islamic underpinnings to be able to do that — it is no surprise that Arabs and Moslems are targeting Lubbock, the pulsating heart of all that America stands for: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The conspiracy is much wider than anyone realizes though. It all started in 2008 when the Arabs managed to sneak an undercover Moslem into the White House. “Allahu Akbar,”** is all I say to that! They then looked at the United States’ political structure and decided to cover the opposite side of the spectrum as well. They wanted to gain the sympathies of the conservatives as well. That is when they decided to go to the heart of the matter, so to speak. Very few people know it, of course, but you ask the leadership of ISIS in Iraq and Syria, the former commanders of Saddam Hussein’s Palace Guards, and they will share a dark secret with you***: For five years, two months and twenty-four days****, they kept Saddam’s heart in liquid nitrogen and then snuck it in to be inserted in Dick Cheney’s chest when he needed a transplant. Need I tell you that Cheney’s behavior has changed since he had an Arab heart in his chest? How many “hunting accidents” has he had with his fellow Muslim President?!

You speak to any Arab and they will admit to being guilty as charged: They will admit, if not declare proudly, that their Quran with its poetry and eloquence and all the wisdom that they claim it is chuck full of, exemplifies the highest achievement of the Arabic language. They, Muslims and Arabs, — and believe you me, you cannot tell the two apart, especially when all their women walk around in black mini-tents and their men wear those colorful big turbans with bands under their bushy beards to hold them in place***** — will tell you, if they know how to speak in the first place, that their holy book and its language is the only miracle that their prophet ever claimed to have performed. So, let us step back and look at their mess for a moment: Their Arabic language is so darn mixed up with their religion and their religion so inseparable from their daily lives that it is enough to give a Texan sheriff a headache if not a scare. And that, in short, is exactly what has happened.

“Love to all!” Who are they fooling?! And the sneakiness is a basic trait of all Semitics. I am not sure if the two were connected, but I swear to you, on the same fateful day I saw an ambulance on the streets of New York that had “Hatzala” written on it in big Hebrew letters. The term meant “saving” people’s lives. I started running but my companion, an American of European extraction who couldn’t read Hebrew, stopped me. I translated the term for him and expressed my fear of the opposite intentions of the ambulance operators.  He reassured me. Those in the ambulance must be out collecting the blood of healthy Christian children for their matzoth******, he explained. I had nothing to fear since I didn’t qualify on all three counts, he reassured me.

Notes:

* The Middle-Eastern sweet comes in diamond-shaped bite-size pieces.

** An expression meaning “God is great” used by Moslems to express amazement.

*** If they trust you enough, that is.

**** The period between the hanging of Saddam Hussein and the operation in which Dick Cheney received a heart implant from an anonymous donor.

***** Since 9/11 several attacks on Sikhs in the USA, including one death, have been reported based on them being mistaken for Moslems.

****** This is the mother of all anti-Semitic blood libels based on which pogroms were committed against Jewish communities in Europe.

About Hatim Kanaaneh

Dr. Hatim Kanaaneh is a Palestinian doctor who has worked for over 35 years to bring medical care to Palestinians in Galilee, against a culture of anti-Arab discrimination. He is the author of the book A Doctor in Galilee: The Life and Struggle of a Palestinian in Israel. His collection of short stories entitled Chief Complaint was released by Just World Books in the spring of 2015.

1. kalithea
    February 29, 2016, 11:52 am

The individual admits he or she is Jewish. There’s bigotry and then there’s the Zionist kind; raging bigotry.

No doubt the Nazis saw a conspiracy by Jews when they too started keeping track of the underhanded ways.

Who wrote that? Pam Geller’s understudy?

• Sibiriak
      February 29, 2016, 12:43 pm

Poe’s law?

• Annie Robbins
      February 29, 2016, 2:36 pm

poe’s law? an Internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author’s intent, parodies of extreme views will be mistaken by some readers or viewers for sincere expressions of the parodied views.

you’ve got to be kidding me! Hatim Kanaaneh is a regular contributor here http://mondoweiss.net/author/hatim-kanaaneh/ . i totally love his writing. whenever i see his name pop up in my inbox my inner self says ‘yippee!’ because i know it will contain another gem like this article. he’s continually informed and hugely entertaining.

i suppose one could confuse his clear intent over and over and over and over — but that would seems like a real stretch.

and then that bit about the ambulance out collecting the blood of healthy Christian children for matzoth?

yeah right. i think kalithea should re read the article because she’s missing some great humor in this article.

• Sibiriak
        February 29, 2016, 3:30 pm

Annie Robbins: i suppose one could confuse his clear intent…

———

One person did.

• Annie Robbins
        February 29, 2016, 5:02 pm

Sibiriak, apparently so. i can’t quite understand why kalithea might think mondoweiss would publish something like this if it wasn’t satire. oh well, wonders never cease.

• Steve Grover
      February 29, 2016, 2:58 pm

This might help you Kalithea.

2. chocopie
    February 29, 2016, 12:48 pm

Read again. It’s satire.

3. rugal_b
    February 29, 2016, 1:09 pm

• eljay
      February 29, 2016, 2:05 pm

|| rugal_b: White people can’t even love themselves … ||

Your progressive Marxist belief in determinism in human behavior tells you that white people have been uniquely molded to play specific roles in the universe. Don’t hate us for behaving according to our predetermined qualities.

• amigo
      February 29, 2016, 2:08 pm

Excuse me , that is a racist remark.In any event , allow me to burst your bubble.I am white and I love myself and some of my best friends are white and I love some of them.

• rugal_b
        February 29, 2016, 2:22 pm

February 29, 2016, 3:16 pm

“White people can’t even love themselves , what hope is there for them to love others?, “rugal b.”

“Amigo” do you have any idea what-on-earth “rugal b” is talking about? Gosh, when I was young, they used to warn us regularly that loving one’s self too much might prevent us from loving others adequately. I guess times change. Maybe it’s practice.

• eljay
        February 29, 2016, 3:23 pm

|| rugal_b: … Only white people who haven’t developed self love like to cry racism at every given chance.

self-love: regard for one’s own well-being and happiness

A lot of non-white people cry “racism” at every given chance. It must be very confusing to them when they discover that they’re actually white people who haven’t developed self-love.

• Annie Robbins
        February 29, 2016, 4:54 pm

February 29, 2016, 5:40 pm

“White people can’t even love themselves , what hope is there for them to love others?,”

Not love themselves? Of course they can! You can tell by the hairy palms.
        “Rugal b”, as everybody knows ‘self-love is a many-splintered thing’.

• rugal_b
        March 1, 2016, 2:16 am

“rugal is back lecturing us on white racism again, because we’re all such fans of these islamophobic texans no doubt, or so he assumes, or something.” – Annie

So what? Some Jews dislike Zionists, doesn’t mean that Zionists aren’t racist and their racism have little real world consequences on Palestinians and Arabs. What are white people doing to actively negate the racists behaviors, actions and policies developed and implemented by their fellow whites? Go online and blame Israel?

White people who love themselves, and have pride in their race would never allow their race being represented by scums like Trump supporters, white supremacists, and closet liberal racists.

March 1, 2016, 11:21 am

“So what? Some Jews dislike Zionists, doesn’t mean that Zionists aren’t racist and their racism have little real world consequences on Palestinians and Arabs.”

Their racism have (sic, should be “has”) little real world consequences on Palestinians and Arabs”?

But doesn’t Zionist racism kill people?

Oh well, as “rugal b” says:

LOL, I’m pretty sure graveyards will be filled with remains of people regardless of how the Zionists are perceived.” – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/recent-comments/#sthash.kRYUWwjB.dpuf

“rugal b” give it up, already. You’re gonna get in trouble.

March 1, 2016, 11:51 am

“rugal” , when the fundangoes and cartwheels across the floor are over, I have no doubt that your “face, at first just ghostly, will turn a…”

• rugal_b
        March 1, 2016, 1:58 pm

Zionism is merely rebranded white supremacy. We progressives have been fighting Zionism since its inception, but at the same recognize that white supremacy is a far bigger threat to justice and human rights. If you refuse to fight white supremacy, then you have made a conscious decision to side with the oppressor. Your silence is a sign of approval, of the ongoing genocide of native Americans, colonisation of African Americans and appropriation of indigenous European cultures and religions through Whiteness.

• rugal_b
        March 1, 2016, 3:57 pm

“But doesn’t Zionist racism kill people?”

Not nearly as much as white supermacy does. If you identify as white, you are choosing to be on the wrong side of history, right alongside the Zionists.

March 1, 2016, 6:23 pm

“If you identify as white, you are choosing to be on the wrong side of history, right alongside the Zionists.”

“rugal b” what should I do if other people identify me as white? Happens all the time, I meet somebody, and they look at me and say: “You’re white, aren’t you! I can tell!”
        Or I’m walking down the street with a package of mixed groats* and somebody hollers “Hey Whitey!”

I mean, heck, I didn’t want to be white, but here I am, mine alabaster titties gleaming from sea to shining sea. What can I do? I don’t even tan, I just burn. You think i feel good about that? Listen “rugal”, I fell asleep on the beach about ten years ago and ended up being treated at a hospital for the sunburn!

(*’Whitey Bulgar’, of course!)

• gamal
        March 1, 2016, 7:22 pm

“have pride in their race”

Racial Pride will defeat White Supremacy!

why can’t White Supremacists just learn some Racial Pride and Self Love? maybe we can nag them into it?

March 1, 2016, 8:23 pm

“why can’t White Supremacists just learn some Racial Pride and Self Love?”

“gamal” I must be getting old. How things change. When I went to school, they discouraged both “Racial Pride” and “Self Love”.

(*’Whitey Bulgar’, of course!) The cereal killer.

March 1, 2016, 8:37 pm

I’m all confused now. That’s it, I am no longer falling for these old white’s tales about racial pride and self love. I am ordering a copy of “White People: Our Bodies and Ourselves” today!

• RoHa
        March 2, 2016, 4:15 am

“have pride in their race”

Having pride in one’s race seems as silly as having pride in being pentadactylic.

• RoHa
        March 2, 2016, 4:23 am

“If you identify as white, you are choosing to be on the wrong side of history,”

Mooser, I am, perhaps, an even whiter shade of pale than you are, so, when I identify myself in old photos, I say, “That’s me. The pasty little geek with the big glasses.”

• gamal
        March 2, 2016, 9:18 am

“having pride in being pentadactylic.”

Exactly its the Sexadactyls who have something to boast about.

• RoHa
        March 2, 2016, 10:50 am

Hexadactyls could have pride in their extra digits, if they were not born hexadactylic but acquired the extras by their own efforts.

I can’t imagine what Sexadactyls could be proud of, and that is probably good for my peace of mind.

• echinococcus
        March 2, 2016, 11:32 am

RoHa,

That’s one of the most depressing expressions of an incurable working stiff’s democratic philosophy. Sorry for saying it.

Time to start thinking less plebeian if we want to start Winning Friends and Influencing People, my friend.

Do you think Ioannes Batatzes, Emperor by the Grace of God and Hexadactyl by the same (in any order of succession or causality) was not as proud of it as anything unearned?
        Do you think he was canonized an Orthodox saint for any other reason than his pride in those extra little piggies?

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the shepherd kings of Judah Gulch was hexadactyl, too. And proud of it. Only, my Scripture Knowledge is zilch.

Similarly, what makes the tribals haughty and exclusive –having earned their birth from a tribal woman by the sweat of their brow?

• rugal_b
        March 2, 2016, 12:30 pm

If I was born to white settler colonialists whose ancestors were unenlightened sexist, racist and hateful invaders of other’s land, I suppose I would also have a hard time figuring out how to be proud of myself, my heritage and my race, and why should I.

At the end of day, we evolved as a species to have positive thoughts on the things that contribute to our collective well being. Like clean water,fresh nutritious food, loving family and friends etc. Good things lead to positive thoughts and emotions. If you are unable to find a positive sense of pride in yourself, in your race and your ancestry, then its probably due to the same reason as why people don’t find polluted water and junk food appealing or enjoy the company of hateful people.

March 2, 2016, 12:35 pm

“Do you think that, if I stopped looking at the photos, I could get on the right side of history?”

“RoHa” I very much doubt it. Pasty, little, and four-eyed you may have been, but the memories of Delphi, the waterfalls of Edessa the harbor of Rafina, the Pentadact, the Sexadact and other great monuments, and more especially the people, food and culture will remain, to pull at your heart, no matter which side of history the isles are on. As if there is any question about that!

March 2, 2016, 12:55 pm

“Hexadactyls could have pride in their extra digits”

Sure, six fingers, that’s pretty special. Even better, tho is the capacity possessed by a few people (many of them on the right side of history) to release the joints in their fingers (like a snake’s jaw) and squabble!.
        Man, I sure wish I could get on that side of history.

• RoHa
        March 2, 2016, 1:36 pm

“If you are unable to find a positive sense of pride in yourself, in your race and your ancestry, ”

I am thinking of pride as self-praise, and I cannot see any grounds for praising oneself for something in which one had no hand. (Regardless of the number of fingers on the hand.) If we take pride simply as self respect, again I can see no reason for respecting oneself for one’s race and ancestry. Nor would these be reasons for shame or disrespecting oneself.

Are you using some other notion of pride?

March 2, 2016, 2:05 pm

“If I was born to white settler colonialists whose ancestors were unenlightened sexist, racist and hateful invaders of other’s land, I suppose I would also have a hard time figuring out how to be proud of myself, my heritage and my race…”

Well then, see how incredibly lucky you are, “rugal b”? And proud of it, as you should be!
        The rest of us are wandering in some ahntoisht alabaster anomie, while you are secure in your pride in “myself my heritage and my race”! (Whatever the fuck it is.)
        So look, while we try to be other than pale simulacrums , could’ja maybe give us a break? All right, I can’t jump, damn it. But do you have to rub it in all the time?

(look, “rugal b” it’s not going to work. No matter how bad you talk about “white” people, nobody here is dumb enough (except maybe the Zionists) to respond by talking bad about anybody elses race. So you can say ‘antizionism is racism’? Not on your tintype, Margery! Okay? So you are pretty much wasting your time. At least you aren’t wasting archive space.)

• Sibiriak
        March 2, 2016, 2:19 pm

rugal:

White people who love themselves, and have pride in their race…

* * *
        If you identify as white, you are choosing to be on the wrong side of history…

——————

Pure rubbish.

Intentional, of course.

• eljay
        March 2, 2016, 2:59 pm

|| rugal_b: … At the end of day, we evolved as a species to have positive thoughts on the things that contribute to our collective well being. … ||

It sucks that our evolution as a species has been undermined, as individuals, by our unique molding with predetermined qualities to play specific roles in the universe – roles which may not involve positive thoughts on things that contribute to our collective well-being. :-(

On a happier note: Despite being white, comfortably average and with no particular pride in my race or my ancestry, I believe in the universal and consistent application of justice, accountability and equality. :-)

• oldgeezer
        March 2, 2016, 3:11 pm

@rugal_b

I know you want to present yourself as some sort of enlightened being. It amazes me that you actually come across as a raving closet racist.

March 2, 2016, 3:40 pm

“Only, my Scripture Knowledge is zilch.”

Don’t sweat it, “Echin”. As I’m sure you know, a list of the Kings of Judah tucked into your middy-blouse is the way to get past the test.

• echinococcus
        March 2, 2016, 5:55 pm

Mooser,

It feels almost humiliating to rely on second-hand knowledge passed from Bertie W. –in a Jewish-oriented forum with a probable majority of erudite people like, say, you, that is.

March 2, 2016, 7:03 pm

“almost humiliating to rely on second-hand knowledge”

Exactly! Would you experience a great souffle at second hand? No need. All of his works are readily available, most have the great advantage of being rather short, and they’re fun. And besides imparting an orthographic rectitude, of which even RoHa would approve, they may make your syntax more lissome, and improve your elocutionary follow-through. There’s lot’s more besides Bertie, too.
        And best of all, they’re clean. Nothing more than a bit of smooching, and what’s wrong with that?
        Results guaranteed, the usual adult dose is one “Mulliner” story or a chapter of B&J shortly before retiring. I cannot be responsible for excess jollicosity as a result of overindulgence.

• echinococcus
        March 2, 2016, 8:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Mooser. Orthographic curative properties much appreciated (pss… don’t really look at it… I mean, a little higher… there, your apostrophe, before RoHa peeks in. Thanks.)

March 3, 2016, 1:20 am

Ooops! You are right, errant apostrophe in “lots”. Sorry.

Anyway, give PG a try. He’s funny.

• RoHa
        March 3, 2016, 4:08 am

Approve? Nothing so tepid!

PGW is as close to perfection as one can get. He is the model we should all aspire to emulate.

• RoHa
        March 3, 2016, 4:13 am

“Pale simulacra”, if you don’t mind, Mooser.

Or even if you do.

• rugal_b
        March 3, 2016, 10:31 am

“Pure rubbish.

Intentional, of course” – Sibiriak

What you find rubbish is a reflection of your own being. Whiteness can be two things, simultaneously. It can be a innocuous descriptor of your ancestry and biological roots, or it can be the collective set of behaviors and values your possess and uphold throughout every facet of your life.

Having white skin doesn’t necessarily makes you a “white” person, especially in the context of American sociology…its how you talk, how you think, it is the cultural programming within your head, which is based on the ideology of white supremacy. While white skin have existed for thousands of years, white sociopolitical identity only came to be as the functional component of white supremacism developed by the ruling class of Western Europe in the 1500’s. White identity and white supremacism are intertwined by design, so by choosing to be identify as white, one knowingly or otherwise choose to uphold and support white supremacy.

• echinococcus
        March 3, 2016, 11:19 am

Mooser,

I owe all my scripture knowledge to PG –well, pretty much all of it, except for the more recent introduction by my son to “An Exciting Evening at Home with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego” by the Beastie Boys.

And there is no need to talk about apostrophes when all you have to do is get a brush and push them under the carpet.

• gamal
        March 3, 2016, 12:18 pm

” “An Exciting Evening at Home with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego” by the Beastie Boys.”

Are they Rastafarians?

(them never get burn…not even a scratch)

• amigo
        March 3, 2016, 12:48 pm

“If you really love yourself, why don’t educate yourself on what racism actually is? Only white people who haven’t developed self love like to cry racism at every given chance.” rugal b.

Yup and good old rugal b is there to teach us with every one of his posts.Shame all that knowledge is not archived for posterity and the edumacation of future generations .

March 3, 2016, 3:59 pm

“Or even if you do.”

Should’a been the plural, huh? Sorry.

March 3, 2016, 6:55 pm

“Having white skin doesn’t necessarily makes you a “white” person, especially in the context of American sociology…its how you talk, how you think, it is the cultural programming within your head,”

This is so cool! At last, I can be who I really want to be. Okay everybody, from now on I am Sammy Davis Jr.! A tremendously talented individual I greatly admire, why not?
        I gotta go, there’s a sunrise waiting to be sprinkled with dew, covered in chocolate and a miracle or two somewhere, and I’m the guy who can do it!

• Talkback
      February 29, 2016, 6:14 pm

rugal_b: “White people can’t even love themselves, what hope is there for them to love others?”

Let me guess, Nation of Islam? In any way as stupid as a white supremacist, aren’t you?

February 29, 2016, 7:15 pm

“Let me guess, Nation of Islam?”

Only if you take him seriously. Perhaps he would like to think so. Round and round “rugal b” (the Man Without an Archive) goes, and where he stops, nobody knows.
        More than anything else, he’s just trying to incite or elicit expressions of racism from other commenters, with very little success. Virtually none.

4. Froggy
    March 1, 2016, 12:25 pm

Hilarious!

But Doctor, it’s not just you speakers of Ay-rabic who use language in an… erm… especially creative way.

For example; when an American southern lady says ‘Bless your heart’, she means something quite different from the literal meaning of the statement.

Froggy, wishing she knew more Arabic

• RoHa
      March 1, 2016, 1:28 pm

“Froggy, wishing she knew more Arabic.”

As do many of us.

• RoHa
        March 1, 2016, 6:09 pm

Hmmm. Ambiguous again. I meant that many of us also wish that we knew more Arabic.

• gamal
        March 2, 2016, 5:46 am

no you were right first time we all wish Froggy knew more Arabic look

see if you can spot who is Jewish in this clip, if you knew Arabic you would already know, (white blouse, lead singer)

its weird stuff from another age

• RoHa
        March 2, 2016, 10:54 am

Of course I wish Froggy knew more Arabic. I would not want to deprive her of such knowledge. But my second version is more inclusive. I am sure that she and I are not the only ones with that wish.

Leila Murad?

• gamal
        March 2, 2016, 11:33 am

Leila indeed, your Arabic is better than you are letting on, it may not have been her before your proclamation but since error is unknown to you it must be Ms Murad, for now and ever more.

• gamal
        March 2, 2016, 12:00 pm

with Arabic of course you have to learn at least two languages see here, while he is no Ali Gamal this is fun and you learn 10 words with five meanings. (feen should be spelt fayn)

• RoHa
        March 2, 2016, 1:22 pm

Leila’s name is written on the clip, so I just guessed.

March 2, 2016, 1:42 pm

“its weird stuff from another age”

???? Weird stuff? Looks like a “musical” to me.( Lookit the doggy! That’s cute!) And pretty darn good and in good taste. Is it any weirder than this little sample of pure American country frottage cheese?

March 2, 2016, 2:46 pm

“The Middle-Eastern sweet comes in diamond-shaped bite-size pieces.”

I’ve eaten those. The “bite-size piece” is known as a “tray-full”, right?

• Boomer
        March 2, 2016, 7:51 pm

re “Is it any weirder than this little sample of pure American country frottage cheese?”

Thanks for that, Mooser. They don’t make ’em like they used to. Those contortionists remind me of the way Zionists contort logic and morality to justify the ways of Israel to man.

5. Mooser
    March 2, 2016, 8:12 pm

“They don’t make ’em like they used to.”

Maybe, but I never knew they ever made them like that! Probably better I didn’t.

6. Tuyzentfloot
    March 3, 2016, 4:40 am

Israel has declared preemptive war on parody. I recall Eli Valley’s problems coming up with parodies and finding they had already been claimed by reality.