About Katie Miranda

Katie Miranda is an illustrator, jewelry designer, calligrapher, and cartoonist living in Portland, OR. Her Arabic calligraphy jewelry and apparel are favorites of people in the Palestine solidarity community. Katie runs Palbox: a quarterly subscription box containing Palestinian goods benefiting the Northern California branch of the International Solidarity Movement. Connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

1. just
    February 24, 2017, 5:24 pm

You are so amazing, Katie.

Brilliant (as usual)!

Next up (please), more on Bill Maher(?)

From Dan Cohen:

“I compiled video of hatred @BillMaher has spewed for years. See the entire video on @GrayzoneProject http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/bill-maher-bigtime-bigot-his-outrageous-statements-about-islam-and-muslims-are … #BigotBillMaher”

“Bill Maher, Bigtime Bigot: His Outrageous Statements About Islam and Muslims Are Beyond the Pale

See the video of Maher’s anti-Muslim extremism — and his Milo-style defense of pederasty”

2. Atlantaiconoclast
    February 24, 2017, 6:35 pm

Milo is not a White nationalist. Geez Louise, he is as much a White nationalist as Obama was. An Islamophobe? Probably. But not a White nationalist. The real White nationalists despise him.

Furthermore, while I too am offended by Milo’s words about his own molestation, I wonder why you and others aren’t equally horrified by George Takei’s similar testament to the benefits of having an adult lover at such a young age.

• oldgeezer
      February 24, 2017, 11:38 pm

@Atlanta

Maybe I missed something here but what is your basis for claiming that people aren’t as offended by others making similar statements. I would be/am. No matter who you name. If I am appear not offended it is due solely to being unaware. Honestly I have never seen a full quote of either persons supposed comments but if it is true it is beyond repugnant.

Are you really suggesting that some people here don’t care or is it merely a deflection? If so then who are they?

February 25, 2017, 11:26 am

“Oldgeezer”, here’s just about all you need to know about our “Iconoclast”, as he lauds himself (the need to do it arose a priori, naturally) for his egalitarianism:

“In my personal life, I am in an interracial relationship and do not set a color requirement for friendship. But I don’t think it is my right to force others to see things the way I do in that regard.” – “Atlantaiconoclast” http://mondoweiss.net/profile/atlantaiconoclast/?keyword=relationship#sthash.SLBvFKAY.dpuf

Chilling. Good enough for some things. But no obligation incurred thereby. Smashes all the old southern icons, donnit?

3. JLewisDickerson
    February 24, 2017, 9:02 pm

RE: “White nationalist journalist Milo Yiannapoulos . . . defended sex between adult men and underage boys.”

Rufus Wainwright
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufus_Wainwright

[EXCERPTS] Rufus McGarrigle Wainwright (born July 22, 1973) is an A merican-Canadian[2] singer-songwriter and composer.[3] He has recorded seven albums of original music and numerous tracks on compilations and film soundtracks. He has also written a classical opera and set Shakespeare sonnets to music for a theater piece by Robert Wilson.

Wainwright was born in Rhinebeck, New York, to folk singers Kate McGarrigle and Loudon Wainwright III.[4][5] His parents divorced when he was three, and he lived with his mother in Montreal for most of his youth. His father is a descendant of Peter Stuyvesant, the 17th century Dutch governor of New Netherland, the later New York. . .

. . . At age 14, Wainwright was sexually assaulted in London’s Hyde Park after picking up a man at a bar.[11] In an interview years later, he described the event: “I said I wanted to go to the park and see where this big concert was going on. I thought it was going to be a romantic walk in the park, but he raped me and robbed me afterwards and tried to strangle me”.[12] Wainwright states that he survived only by pretending to be an epileptic and faking a seizure.[13] He has been reported to have stated that he remained celibate for five or seven years after the incident, and eventually became promiscuous.[9][11][12][13] . . .

P.S.
    Wainwright
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wainwright

A wainwright or cartwright is a trades person skilled in the making and repairing of wagons and carts. The word wainwright is the combination of the archaic words “wain” (a large wagon for farm use) and “wright” (a worker or maker). A master wainwright employs several craftsmen, including wheelwrights, blacksmiths and painters.[1]

4. Maghlawatan
    February 25, 2017, 10:42 am

Jen [email protected] 21 févr.
    milo’s comeuppance got me happier than a mom at a chihuly exhibit

Breitbart is happy to sow hatred against trans people, women, lesbians, Jews, Arabs but surrenders over pederasty. Shows it is afraid of the people.

5. DaBakr
    February 26, 2017, 8:55 pm

I actually agree with KM. A curious fellow for certain. As for red-lines? Maybe more rude, bigoted, nasty but no less disgusting then Obamas problem with his own red line and the killing of 1000s of innocent war refugees.

6. Bumblebye
    February 27, 2017, 5:47 pm

While he’s lost his Breitbart gig, the book deal (but not the advance) and the cpac keynote speaker role, he hasn’t lost the trump heartland. I sneak-peek at a few rabid trumpster fb pages, and they are still posting his stuff avidly along with Pam Gellar and the rest. They don’t care what he said – he’s one of their ‘own’ politically.