- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ … 18
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim 15
- Jenin refugee camp hit by wave of Israeli raids and … 5
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties … 14
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) 42
- From McMecca to McJerusalem 2
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 60
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 60
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This … 0
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns 0
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 0
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 0
- UN peace envoy denied entry to Church of the Holy … 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 74
- RT @alexbkane: DAM in Ramallah http://t.co/MIRu1HwO0T, 3 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi sees John Kerry’s failure strengthening the call for boycott, divestment and sanctions http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW #BDS, 5 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi says US opposition to reunification of Palestinian parties exposes the “farce” of the peace process http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW, 5 hours ago
- Khalidi: It's time for Palestinians 'to get off their knees' and turn to Europe and ICC http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW http://t.co/UkS8SEPdaq, 5 hours ago
- Report: Starbucks to buy 10% stake in SodaStream http://t.co/gffMLICMkv, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ and turn to Europe and ICC (18)
- pabelmont: I always get a kick (of a sort) out of the idea that anyone has “recognized” Israel as a...
- Hostage: to clarify my above comment, individuals are tried in the ICC, but only for crimes committed while acting...
- Hostage: only states can be sued in the ICC. Palestine is, unfortunately, not truly a state. Even though the UN...
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) (42)
- Stephen Shenfield: The Israeli government can see that they now face a real threat of peace. It is natural that they...
- irishmoses: The reconciliation of Hamas and Fatah into a united Palestinian entity encompassing Gaza is a critical...
- Stephen Shenfield: Liar! Provocateur! Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim (15)
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (51)
- yonah fredman: hey puppies, the genocidal nature of too many of the verses of the book of Numbers and Deuteronomy is...
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ and turn to Europe and ICC (18)
Category Archives: Reports/Video
A video shot by the International Solidarity Movement today in Hebron shows Israeli soldiers detaining Rami Rajabi, a six-year-old child, as he walked to school. After 20 minutes of pressure from locals and activists the child was released, but there are currently at least 230 Palestinian children in Israeli detention.
Today in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh Palestinian activist Manal Tamimi was shot at point blank range in the leg by an Israeli border policeman. There are also reports that at least three others were injured during Friday protests in the village.
“Palestinians have to also recognize that there is going to be a transition period where the Israeli people cannot expect a replica of Gaza in the West Bank,” President Obama said at the Saban Forum in Washington this weekend (with Haim Saban, above). While Secretary of State John Kerry indicated that he envisions Palestinian “state institutions,” but not statehood. So once again, Israeli security concerns trump Palestinian sovereignty
Once and Future Bride of the Sea: A historian discusses the history of Jaffa from the Nakba until today
Tel Aviv – Jaffa City Councillor Sami Abou Shehadeh discusses the history of Jaffa, pre- and post-Nakba.
International Solidarity Movement video shows Israeli military arresting a terrified 11-year old boy in Hebron.
Please consider giving Mondoweiss a tax-deductible donation today to allow us to expand our video capabilities. We want to purchase more video cameras for our reporters and develop our video editing abilities to produce engaging, high-quality video what will further our mission of fostering the movement for greater fairness and justice for Palestinians in American foreign policy.
A video from Al Quds Newspaper.
Max Blumenthal reports from the September 29th event featuring Rwandan President Paul Kagame, Elie Wiesel, Shmuely Boteach and Sheldon Adelson discussing the “strong protecting the weak” from genocide. After Boteach delivered a lengthy treatise on shared Israeli-Rwandan values, and a human rights protester was removed by Kagame’s personal security detail for raising Kagame’s role in genocide in the Congo, Blumenthal and Mondoweiss’s Alex Kane attempt to ask the panelists what can be done to protect Palestinians from the Israeli occupation. Watch the video to see what happens next.
Out lives are becoming harder every day, Palestinian student Islam Shakarnah tells American students, in urging them to divest from the occupation
Candid photos taken in Gaza that offer a “glimpse of the situation in the Gaza Strip, a closed, besieged place put under a blockade by the Israel”
‘Courage is Contagious’: Glenn Greenwald electrifies Chicago crowd speaking on Snowden, journalism and the NSA
Friday night in Chicago Glenn Greenwald addressed the Socialism 2013 conference live via Skype and reflected for the first time on the past month in the wake of his interview with Edward Snowden, and subsequent disclosures regarding the National Security Agency’s spying on American citizens. In an impassioned introduction, journalist Jeremy Scahill called Greenwald the “conscience of America” and attacked his critics in the beltway press corps.
Here’s a cool new video from University of New Mexico – Students for Justice in Palestine asking Alicia Keys to cancel her upcoming concert in Tel Aviv – “This film is inspired by the Palestinian women who everyday nonviolently resist the illegal occupation of their land.”
On Friday, April 19 at least 10 Israeli soldiers armed with live ammunition, steal-coated rubber bullets and tear gas confronted a crowd of protesters in the Palestinian town of Abu Dis using 17-year-old Muhammad Rabea as a human shield. They forced him to walk at gunpoint with his hands raised in the air as they approached the protesters. Rabea tells Defense for Children International-Palestine’s Dina Elmuti of his harrowing ordeal, and of his daily struggle with the abuse and trauma he sustained.
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
B’Tselem this morning urgently contacted the Army’s Legal Advisor for Judea and Samaria, demanding his emergency intervention regarding the detention of numerous children, including some as young as 8 to 10 years old, by the Israeli military this morning in Hebron.
Illegal outpost ‘security officer’ caught on tape beating Palestinian tending herd as Israeli soldiers stand around
Incidents caught on tape of settlers and soldiers working in synchronization have been stacking up. This incident occurred last Saturday near the illegal expanding outpost ‘Avigail’ in the South Hebron Hills near the Palestinian village of Susya.
Video: Israeli settler lecturing Palestinian farmers — ‘You’ll all be our slaves, if you’re worthy, if you behave well’
Above is a video recorded December 27, 2012 by a B’Tselem volunteer in Yasuf, a Palestinian village located in the heart of the West Bank. It documents a Jewish settler attempting to convince Palestinian farmers he is the rightful owner of their land. Yasuf is almost completely surrounded by settlements and villagers have been denied access to thousands of dunams of their land since 2001. In addition, Yasuf has suffered violent settler attacks for years.
Harlem Shake videos from New York and Palestine.
On Saturday, February 23rd activists in London staged a multiple boycott action and protest at the Israeli Embassy, in support of the Palestinians in Al-Khalil (Hebron).
Video of a poem by Susan Abulhawa.
TMZ covers what it calls, “the story of the day” and interviews Emad Burnat on being detained at Los Angeles International Airport on his way to the Academny Awards this Sunday.
Following Palestinian call, protests held in 40 European cities demanding end to international trade with Israeli agribusiness
In Europe, protests targeted Mehadrin, a large Israeli export company that supplies citrus fruits, dates and other fresh produce to supermarkets across Europe. The company operates in illegal Israeli settlements, is involved in the theft of Palestinian land and water and employs Palestinian workers forced to work in illegal settlements in unsafe conditions for as little as €11 per day.
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.