- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism 0
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in … 9
- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at … 7
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran 26
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to … 30
- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ … 15
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible … 62
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate 66
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 0
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics 0
- 2013 was record year in new settlement construction, and 2014 … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 138
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 91
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier 89
- RT @boun0479: Denver bus ad for justice in Palestine RT @EvaBartlettGaza:"@boun0479 http://t.co/qvCBDFnyPW" @MaxBlumenthal @Mondoweiss, 39 mins ago
- Israel is now attempting to 'de-Arabize' Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East http://t.co/UtxzDClJck, 1 hour ago
- Michael Ratner's journey away from Zionism http://t.co/DazJQn7udp, 1 hour ago
- RT @allissonCD: Pictures of Saji Darwish, 18, killed yesterday near #Ramallah for throwing rocks--killed for being Palestinian. http://t.co/7GSgGvrLEg, 4 hours ago
- RT @allissonCD: Funeral of Saji Darwish in #Beitin near #Ramallah killed by Israeli forces yesterday. http://t.co/7Smbg5HTQR, 4 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East (9)
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier (89)
- seafoid: Northern Ireland, another settler colonial enterprise for a people who were chosen by god (according to...
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran (26)
- NickJOCW: I wonder how Iran paid for this stuff. And who.
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (66)
- seafoid: Grindr and Hebron – it would almost be funny if Israel weren’t f$cking every single Palestinian...
- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at Ohio State) (7)
- Susie Kneedler: Thanks to all. Kathleen, hope we see you soon, too.
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to throw stones’ (30)
- Video: Moataz Washaha’s family asks us to boycott Israel (6)
- eljay: >> Israel expressed its regret on Tuesday over the killing of a Jordanian judge … Most sources...
Category Archives: Reports/Video
Today in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh Palestinian activist Manal Tamimi was shot at point blank range in the leg by an Israeli border policeman. There are also reports that at least three others were injured during Friday protests in the village.
“Palestinians have to also recognize that there is going to be a transition period where the Israeli people cannot expect a replica of Gaza in the West Bank,” President Obama said at the Saban Forum in Washington this weekend (with Haim Saban, above). While Secretary of State John Kerry indicated that he envisions Palestinian “state institutions,” but not statehood. So once again, Israeli security concerns trump Palestinian sovereignty
Once and Future Bride of the Sea: A historian discusses the history of Jaffa from the Nakba until today
Tel Aviv – Jaffa City Councillor Sami Abou Shehadeh discusses the history of Jaffa, pre- and post-Nakba.
International Solidarity Movement video shows Israeli military arresting a terrified 11-year old boy in Hebron.
Please consider giving Mondoweiss a tax-deductible donation today to allow us to expand our video capabilities. We want to purchase more video cameras for our reporters and develop our video editing abilities to produce engaging, high-quality video what will further our mission of fostering the movement for greater fairness and justice for Palestinians in American foreign policy.
A video from Al Quds Newspaper.
Max Blumenthal reports from the September 29th event featuring Rwandan President Paul Kagame, Elie Wiesel, Shmuely Boteach and Sheldon Adelson discussing the “strong protecting the weak” from genocide. After Boteach delivered a lengthy treatise on shared Israeli-Rwandan values, and a human rights protester was removed by Kagame’s personal security detail for raising Kagame’s role in genocide in the Congo, Blumenthal and Mondoweiss’s Alex Kane attempt to ask the panelists what can be done to protect Palestinians from the Israeli occupation. Watch the video to see what happens next.
Out lives are becoming harder every day, Palestinian student Islam Shakarnah tells American students, in urging them to divest from the occupation
Candid photos taken in Gaza that offer a “glimpse of the situation in the Gaza Strip, a closed, besieged place put under a blockade by the Israel”
‘Courage is Contagious’: Glenn Greenwald electrifies Chicago crowd speaking on Snowden, journalism and the NSA
Friday night in Chicago Glenn Greenwald addressed the Socialism 2013 conference live via Skype and reflected for the first time on the past month in the wake of his interview with Edward Snowden, and subsequent disclosures regarding the National Security Agency’s spying on American citizens. In an impassioned introduction, journalist Jeremy Scahill called Greenwald the “conscience of America” and attacked his critics in the beltway press corps.
Here’s a cool new video from University of New Mexico – Students for Justice in Palestine asking Alicia Keys to cancel her upcoming concert in Tel Aviv – “This film is inspired by the Palestinian women who everyday nonviolently resist the illegal occupation of their land.”
On Friday, April 19 at least 10 Israeli soldiers armed with live ammunition, steal-coated rubber bullets and tear gas confronted a crowd of protesters in the Palestinian town of Abu Dis using 17-year-old Muhammad Rabea as a human shield. They forced him to walk at gunpoint with his hands raised in the air as they approached the protesters. Rabea tells Defense for Children International-Palestine’s Dina Elmuti of his harrowing ordeal, and of his daily struggle with the abuse and trauma he sustained.
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
B’Tselem this morning urgently contacted the Army’s Legal Advisor for Judea and Samaria, demanding his emergency intervention regarding the detention of numerous children, including some as young as 8 to 10 years old, by the Israeli military this morning in Hebron.
Illegal outpost ‘security officer’ caught on tape beating Palestinian tending herd as Israeli soldiers stand around
Incidents caught on tape of settlers and soldiers working in synchronization have been stacking up. This incident occurred last Saturday near the illegal expanding outpost ‘Avigail’ in the South Hebron Hills near the Palestinian village of Susya.
Video: Israeli settler lecturing Palestinian farmers — ‘You’ll all be our slaves, if you’re worthy, if you behave well’
Above is a video recorded December 27, 2012 by a B’Tselem volunteer in Yasuf, a Palestinian village located in the heart of the West Bank. It documents a Jewish settler attempting to convince Palestinian farmers he is the rightful owner of their land. Yasuf is almost completely surrounded by settlements and villagers have been denied access to thousands of dunams of their land since 2001. In addition, Yasuf has suffered violent settler attacks for years.
Harlem Shake videos from New York and Palestine.
On Saturday, February 23rd activists in London staged a multiple boycott action and protest at the Israeli Embassy, in support of the Palestinians in Al-Khalil (Hebron).
Video of a poem by Susan Abulhawa.
TMZ covers what it calls, “the story of the day” and interviews Emad Burnat on being detained at Los Angeles International Airport on his way to the Academny Awards this Sunday.
Following Palestinian call, protests held in 40 European cities demanding end to international trade with Israeli agribusiness
In Europe, protests targeted Mehadrin, a large Israeli export company that supplies citrus fruits, dates and other fresh produce to supermarkets across Europe. The company operates in illegal Israeli settlements, is involved in the theft of Palestinian land and water and employs Palestinian workers forced to work in illegal settlements in unsafe conditions for as little as €11 per day.
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.
UN fact-finding mission: Israeli settlements violate intl law; Israel must ‘immediately initiate a process of withdrawal’; Governments and companies must ‘[terminate] their business interests in the settlements’
A U.N. fact-finding mission into “the implications of the Israeli settlements on the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people throughout the Occupied Palestinian Territory” has issued a blockbuster report on the Israeli settlement project warning of “creeping annexation” of the occupied territories and making the closest call yet from the U.N. for sanctioning Israel over its violation of Palestinian human rights and international law.