- ‘No food, no water to revive awaiting certain death…’: Horrifying … 24
- On ‘Death to Arabs’ in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 18
- 9 Reasons why Israel is under rocket attack 18
- It’s time for liberal Jewish bodies to take a stand 34
- Critical Ethnic Studies Association and the African Literature Association endorse … 1
- Palestinians build tunnel to attack Israeli kindergarten, Netanyahu says 47
- Speaking to the Deaf: Activists attempt to talk with the … 3
- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 64
- In Photos: Activists clash with Israeli and Palestinian Authority forces … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- Kristof says Stephen Hawking and American Studies Association support Hamas 0
- Video: ‘It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation’ — John … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Gaza, a poem 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 200
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @WilliamsJon: UN Human Rights Council votes for Commission of Inquiry on alleged war crimes in #Gaza. 1 country voted against: USA http://t.co/lrvc0TWqCS, 2 hours ago
- .@ISMPalestine: Israeli military falsifies photograph to justify bombing el-Wafa hospital http://t.co/ZgIwkrMghh http://t.co/OnI5KYzP6Q, 2 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: Boy from Long Island moves to foreign country, takes citizenship & joins its army. Boy says others are too focused on said foreign country., 2 hours ago
- RT @tomgara: Smart take. http://t.co/ZWIhXCKZaX, 3 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Madonna: These flowers are like the innocent children of GAZA! Who has a right to destroy them? No One!!! CEASE FIRE! http://t.co/9nKkAhDW9p, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Category Archives: Reports/Video
Video of an Israeli raid Bethlehem’s Aida Refugee Camp early in the morning on July 21st, 2014. Soldiers arrested 3 young men and assaulted several others. They confiscated footage from that night’s clashes in Bethlehem from journalist Mohammed Al Azza, briefly detained him and assaulted him and his two younger brothers. A father in the camp attempts twice to visit his brother’s home being raided by soldiers in an effort to see his son, and is denied violently by IDF. Screams can be heard in the streets as gunfire and sound bombs from the Israel military go off while youth throw stones toward the soldiers.
When Senator Chris Murphy invited his Connecticut constituents to a hike up East Rock Park this morning, he did not expect to be met by activists from the Middle East Crisis Committee and Jewish Voice for Peace. The activists had gathered to express outrage at Murphy’s support for Israel’s ongoing massacre of over 300 Gazans. Captured on video, Senator Murphy denied knowledge of the Senate’s recent Resolution 498–a greenlight for Israel’s war–despite the fact that Murphy himself co-sponsored it.
Kelly Lynn reports from Bethlehem where protests have raged since July 3rd in response to the murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir and have continued with the Israeli government’s current operation in Gaza. Hundreds have been injured by Israeli forces in this latest bout of clashes across the West Bank. In the last week the use of live ammunition has been reported in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Shuafat, Tulkarem, Kufr Qaddoum, Ramallah, Al Ram, Yatta, Al Arroub Refugee Camp and multiple villages in the districts of Ramallah and Hebron.
A video shot July 5, 2014 by Ronnie Barkan in Jerusalem.
Video released by Defense of Children International-Palestine of the two Palestinians killed last Thursday at an annual Nakba Day protest outside of Ofer prison show the youths did not pose a threat to life to Israeli soldiers. In addition, a newly released photo set reveals that one medic was shot in the head while trying to aid one of the wounded youth.
Watch as authors China Miéville, Gillian Slovo, Tom Warner and Omar el Khairy visited Jerusalem to learn about the Israeli occupation as part of the 2013 Palestine Festival of Literature.
A video shot by the International Solidarity Movement today in Hebron shows Israeli soldiers detaining Rami Rajabi, a six-year-old child, as he walked to school. After 20 minutes of pressure from locals and activists the child was released, but there are currently at least 230 Palestinian children in Israeli detention.
Today in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh Palestinian activist Manal Tamimi was shot at point blank range in the leg by an Israeli border policeman. There are also reports that at least three others were injured during Friday protests in the village.
“Palestinians have to also recognize that there is going to be a transition period where the Israeli people cannot expect a replica of Gaza in the West Bank,” President Obama said at the Saban Forum in Washington this weekend (with Haim Saban, above). While Secretary of State John Kerry indicated that he envisions Palestinian “state institutions,” but not statehood. So once again, Israeli security concerns trump Palestinian sovereignty
Once and Future Bride of the Sea: A historian discusses the history of Jaffa from the Nakba until today
Tel Aviv – Jaffa City Councillor Sami Abou Shehadeh discusses the history of Jaffa, pre- and post-Nakba.
International Solidarity Movement video shows Israeli military arresting a terrified 11-year old boy in Hebron.
Please consider giving Mondoweiss a tax-deductible donation today to allow us to expand our video capabilities. We want to purchase more video cameras for our reporters and develop our video editing abilities to produce engaging, high-quality video what will further our mission of fostering the movement for greater fairness and justice for Palestinians in American foreign policy.
A video from Al Quds Newspaper.
Max Blumenthal reports from the September 29th event featuring Rwandan President Paul Kagame, Elie Wiesel, Shmuely Boteach and Sheldon Adelson discussing the “strong protecting the weak” from genocide. After Boteach delivered a lengthy treatise on shared Israeli-Rwandan values, and a human rights protester was removed by Kagame’s personal security detail for raising Kagame’s role in genocide in the Congo, Blumenthal and Mondoweiss’s Alex Kane attempt to ask the panelists what can be done to protect Palestinians from the Israeli occupation. Watch the video to see what happens next.
Out lives are becoming harder every day, Palestinian student Islam Shakarnah tells American students, in urging them to divest from the occupation
Candid photos taken in Gaza that offer a “glimpse of the situation in the Gaza Strip, a closed, besieged place put under a blockade by the Israel”
‘Courage is Contagious’: Glenn Greenwald electrifies Chicago crowd speaking on Snowden, journalism and the NSA
Friday night in Chicago Glenn Greenwald addressed the Socialism 2013 conference live via Skype and reflected for the first time on the past month in the wake of his interview with Edward Snowden, and subsequent disclosures regarding the National Security Agency’s spying on American citizens. In an impassioned introduction, journalist Jeremy Scahill called Greenwald the “conscience of America” and attacked his critics in the beltway press corps.
Here’s a cool new video from University of New Mexico – Students for Justice in Palestine asking Alicia Keys to cancel her upcoming concert in Tel Aviv – “This film is inspired by the Palestinian women who everyday nonviolently resist the illegal occupation of their land.”
On Friday, April 19 at least 10 Israeli soldiers armed with live ammunition, steal-coated rubber bullets and tear gas confronted a crowd of protesters in the Palestinian town of Abu Dis using 17-year-old Muhammad Rabea as a human shield. They forced him to walk at gunpoint with his hands raised in the air as they approached the protesters. Rabea tells Defense for Children International-Palestine’s Dina Elmuti of his harrowing ordeal, and of his daily struggle with the abuse and trauma he sustained.
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
B’Tselem this morning urgently contacted the Army’s Legal Advisor for Judea and Samaria, demanding his emergency intervention regarding the detention of numerous children, including some as young as 8 to 10 years old, by the Israeli military this morning in Hebron.
Illegal outpost ‘security officer’ caught on tape beating Palestinian tending herd as Israeli soldiers stand around
Incidents caught on tape of settlers and soldiers working in synchronization have been stacking up. This incident occurred last Saturday near the illegal expanding outpost ‘Avigail’ in the South Hebron Hills near the Palestinian village of Susya.
Video: Israeli settler lecturing Palestinian farmers — ‘You’ll all be our slaves, if you’re worthy, if you behave well’
Above is a video recorded December 27, 2012 by a B’Tselem volunteer in Yasuf, a Palestinian village located in the heart of the West Bank. It documents a Jewish settler attempting to convince Palestinian farmers he is the rightful owner of their land. Yasuf is almost completely surrounded by settlements and villagers have been denied access to thousands of dunams of their land since 2001. In addition, Yasuf has suffered violent settler attacks for years.