- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 13
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 15
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 35
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 2
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 13
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 15
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 674
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 311
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 75
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 8 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 13 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 13 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 13 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 13 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (49)
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (15)
- Donald: I haven’t looked it up, but I think some neocons in the US attacked Jacobo Timmerman when he...
- Donald: “You are considerably understating the support Israel gave to Rios Montt.” Sigh. I wrote a very...
- Sumud: How to spot a ‘liberal zionist’ in a car. Blinker to the left, when time to move, turn to the right. Very...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (35)
- Annie Robbins: hadn’t heard of it till now. how come you didn’t email us yesterday? this is dated the...
- Citizen: Barbara Boxer voted against both wars on Iraq. She was also anti-war during Vietnam Era, before her...
- Annie Robbins: wow MY ASSUMPTION IS that Isakson, Chambliss and AIPAC (and/or possibly the Israel Project) made a...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (13)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Reports/Video
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
B’Tselem this morning urgently contacted the Army’s Legal Advisor for Judea and Samaria, demanding his emergency intervention regarding the detention of numerous children, including some as young as 8 to 10 years old, by the Israeli military this morning in Hebron.
Illegal outpost ‘security officer’ caught on tape beating Palestinian tending herd as Israeli soldiers stand around
Incidents caught on tape of settlers and soldiers working in synchronization have been stacking up. This incident occurred last Saturday near the illegal expanding outpost ‘Avigail’ in the South Hebron Hills near the Palestinian village of Susya.
Video: Israeli settler lecturing Palestinian farmers — ‘You’ll all be our slaves, if you’re worthy, if you behave well’
Above is a video recorded December 27, 2012 by a B’Tselem volunteer in Yasuf, a Palestinian village located in the heart of the West Bank. It documents a Jewish settler attempting to convince Palestinian farmers he is the rightful owner of their land. Yasuf is almost completely surrounded by settlements and villagers have been denied access to thousands of dunams of their land since 2001. In addition, Yasuf has suffered violent settler attacks for years.
Harlem Shake videos from New York and Palestine.
On Saturday, February 23rd activists in London staged a multiple boycott action and protest at the Israeli Embassy, in support of the Palestinians in Al-Khalil (Hebron).
Video of a poem by Susan Abulhawa.
TMZ covers what it calls, “the story of the day” and interviews Emad Burnat on being detained at Los Angeles International Airport on his way to the Academny Awards this Sunday.
Following Palestinian call, protests held in 40 European cities demanding end to international trade with Israeli agribusiness
In Europe, protests targeted Mehadrin, a large Israeli export company that supplies citrus fruits, dates and other fresh produce to supermarkets across Europe. The company operates in illegal Israeli settlements, is involved in the theft of Palestinian land and water and employs Palestinian workers forced to work in illegal settlements in unsafe conditions for as little as €11 per day.
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.
UN fact-finding mission: Israeli settlements violate intl law; Israel must ‘immediately initiate a process of withdrawal’; Governments and companies must ‘[terminate] their business interests in the settlements’
A U.N. fact-finding mission into “the implications of the Israeli settlements on the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people throughout the Occupied Palestinian Territory” has issued a blockbuster report on the Israeli settlement project warning of “creeping annexation” of the occupied territories and making the closest call yet from the U.N. for sanctioning Israel over its violation of Palestinian human rights and international law.
Lupe Fiasco was removed from the stage at an Obama inauguration event after he performed his song “Words I Never Said” which criticizes President Obama for remaining silent during Operation Cast Lead.
Activists steadfast as Bab al-Shams violently evicted by Israeli soldiers – ‘We will not remain silent as Israel continues to build Jewish-only colonies on our land’
Last night, shortly before 3 a.m. local time, hundreds of Israeli soldiers and police officers raided the Palestinian protest encampment of Bab al-Shams (Gate of the Sun), and violently evicted its 150 inhabitants. The massive police force began by removing journalists and proceeded to drag people away, beating some of them. Six Palestinians required medical care at the Ramallah Hospital.
On December 7, more than 140 Palestine solidarity activists and human rights supporters in Melbourne staged a peaceful BDS action as part of the “Don’t Buy Israeli Apartheid for Christmas” national week of action around Australia.
Two weeks ago Israeli authorities demolished this mosque in the occupied West Bank. In this video, villagers recover the loudspeaker that called them to prayer and prop it on the rubble, as a symbol of resistance to occupation
More doubts have emerged over the shooting of a Hebron 17-year-old who was on his way home with birthday cake. Today B’tselem posted the above video of Mohammed Salayme moments after he was killed by an Israeli border police officer on Wednesday, December 11, 2012.
More on the 2012 Palestine Festival of Literature in Gaza here.
Video of a daring protest in the West Bank where activists protested the Israeli attack on Gaza in an Israeli military base.
Estee Chandler writes about witnessing the historic UC Irvine vote for divestment on November 13, 2012.
Video: Survivors of Israeli attack on Gaza says bombs continued to fall on the al-Shoja’iya neighborhood as civilians raised white flags
A video that interviews two survivors of the Israeli attack on the al-Shoja’iya neighborhood east of Gaza City.
WATCH: Palestinian child chases the occupation forces after they arrested her brother Waed al-Tamimi in the village of Nabi Saleh 2 Nov — They are the children of the prisoner Bassem Al Tamimi and the recently released prisoner Nariman Al … Continue reading
A leader of the movement to expel all non-Jewish African asylum-seekers from Israel reveals the real reason for much of the racism: opposition to inter-racial relationships.
Mondoweiss Assistant Editor Allison Deger just arrived in Israel/Palestine and will be based in the West Bank for the next three months. Here she describes arriving in Tel Aviv, the supposed crown jewel of the Zionist movement. But whereas Herzl imagined theatres in every major European language, the real “old new land” is part dump and part shopping malls, with no Palestinians in sight.
The Palestinian coastal enclave Gaza, which has been living under tight Israeli siege for six years now, is expected to host the first of its kind Model United Nations (MUN) conference, a simulation of the United Nations, in an attempt to enhance the participants’ awareness of the current conditions and situation prevailing around in today’s diplomatic world. The conference will take place in Gaza between 27th of September and 1st of October, 2012.