- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 11
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 15
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 3
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 6
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 22
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 6
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 22
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 4
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2240
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1698
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1358
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 87
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 87
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @drones: Attorney General Eric Holder: We've drone four Americans, three by accident. Oops. http://t.co/R5NrBGPJfQ, 12 hours ago
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 15 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 16 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 16 hours ago
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, Sarah Shourd http://t.co/C1C7G1DXJ6, 17 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (39)
- Hostage: Massad aside, what Shasha is talking about seems way worse in the Christian world than in the Jewish one!...
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations (12)
- Hostage: OTOH, what on earth was this redredging of ancient events about? Anyone have another theory? I’ve...
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (11)
- Sumud: For example :The Hurva synagogue. Given the Hurva Synagogue was re-built in 2010, does this mean you support...
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable (22)
- Sumud: The closing line of the ITV report: “Soldiers who fight abroad, finding themselves under attack at...
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (47)
- Cliff: Saying Palestinian terrorism is a fact, is besides the point. You blame all Palestinians and justify racial...
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (38)
- The etymology of anti-Semitism (5)
- Sumud: Effective and misleading. Misleading, how…?
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (87)
- Hostage: The assertion, which you have abandoned in interest of being argumentative, is that Kennedy himself...
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (15)
- Djinn: So once again Israel wants to eat the cake as well. On the one hand “Judea and Samaria”are part...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (39)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Reports/Video
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
B’Tselem this morning urgently contacted the Army’s Legal Advisor for Judea and Samaria, demanding his emergency intervention regarding the detention of numerous children, including some as young as 8 to 10 years old, by the Israeli military this morning in Hebron.
Illegal outpost ‘security officer’ caught on tape beating Palestinian tending herd as Israeli soldiers stand around
Incidents caught on tape of settlers and soldiers working in synchronization have been stacking up. This incident occurred last Saturday near the illegal expanding outpost ‘Avigail’ in the South Hebron Hills near the Palestinian village of Susya.
Video: Israeli settler lecturing Palestinian farmers — ‘You’ll all be our slaves, if you’re worthy, if you behave well’
Above is a video recorded December 27, 2012 by a B’Tselem volunteer in Yasuf, a Palestinian village located in the heart of the West Bank. It documents a Jewish settler attempting to convince Palestinian farmers he is the rightful owner of their land. Yasuf is almost completely surrounded by settlements and villagers have been denied access to thousands of dunams of their land since 2001. In addition, Yasuf has suffered violent settler attacks for years.
Harlem Shake videos from New York and Palestine.
On Saturday, February 23rd activists in London staged a multiple boycott action and protest at the Israeli Embassy, in support of the Palestinians in Al-Khalil (Hebron).
Video of a poem by Susan Abulhawa.
TMZ covers what it calls, “the story of the day” and interviews Emad Burnat on being detained at Los Angeles International Airport on his way to the Academny Awards this Sunday.
Following Palestinian call, protests held in 40 European cities demanding end to international trade with Israeli agribusiness
In Europe, protests targeted Mehadrin, a large Israeli export company that supplies citrus fruits, dates and other fresh produce to supermarkets across Europe. The company operates in illegal Israeli settlements, is involved in the theft of Palestinian land and water and employs Palestinian workers forced to work in illegal settlements in unsafe conditions for as little as €11 per day.
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.
UN fact-finding mission: Israeli settlements violate intl law; Israel must ‘immediately initiate a process of withdrawal’; Governments and companies must ‘[terminate] their business interests in the settlements’
A U.N. fact-finding mission into “the implications of the Israeli settlements on the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people throughout the Occupied Palestinian Territory” has issued a blockbuster report on the Israeli settlement project warning of “creeping annexation” of the occupied territories and making the closest call yet from the U.N. for sanctioning Israel over its violation of Palestinian human rights and international law.
Lupe Fiasco was removed from the stage at an Obama inauguration event after he performed his song “Words I Never Said” which criticizes President Obama for remaining silent during Operation Cast Lead.
Activists steadfast as Bab al-Shams violently evicted by Israeli soldiers – ‘We will not remain silent as Israel continues to build Jewish-only colonies on our land’
Last night, shortly before 3 a.m. local time, hundreds of Israeli soldiers and police officers raided the Palestinian protest encampment of Bab al-Shams (Gate of the Sun), and violently evicted its 150 inhabitants. The massive police force began by removing journalists and proceeded to drag people away, beating some of them. Six Palestinians required medical care at the Ramallah Hospital.
On December 7, more than 140 Palestine solidarity activists and human rights supporters in Melbourne staged a peaceful BDS action as part of the “Don’t Buy Israeli Apartheid for Christmas” national week of action around Australia.
Two weeks ago Israeli authorities demolished this mosque in the occupied West Bank. In this video, villagers recover the loudspeaker that called them to prayer and prop it on the rubble, as a symbol of resistance to occupation
More doubts have emerged over the shooting of a Hebron 17-year-old who was on his way home with birthday cake. Today B’tselem posted the above video of Mohammed Salayme moments after he was killed by an Israeli border police officer on Wednesday, December 11, 2012.
More on the 2012 Palestine Festival of Literature in Gaza here.
Video of a daring protest in the West Bank where activists protested the Israeli attack on Gaza in an Israeli military base.
Estee Chandler writes about witnessing the historic UC Irvine vote for divestment on November 13, 2012.
Video: Survivors of Israeli attack on Gaza says bombs continued to fall on the al-Shoja’iya neighborhood as civilians raised white flags
A video that interviews two survivors of the Israeli attack on the al-Shoja’iya neighborhood east of Gaza City.
WATCH: Palestinian child chases the occupation forces after they arrested her brother Waed al-Tamimi in the village of Nabi Saleh 2 Nov — They are the children of the prisoner Bassem Al Tamimi and the recently released prisoner Nariman Al … Continue reading
A leader of the movement to expel all non-Jewish African asylum-seekers from Israel reveals the real reason for much of the racism: opposition to inter-racial relationships.
Mondoweiss Assistant Editor Allison Deger just arrived in Israel/Palestine and will be based in the West Bank for the next three months. Here she describes arriving in Tel Aviv, the supposed crown jewel of the Zionist movement. But whereas Herzl imagined theatres in every major European language, the real “old new land” is part dump and part shopping malls, with no Palestinians in sight.