- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 27
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 6
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 4
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 11
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 12
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 11
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 8
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 16
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 0
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 0
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 0
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 0
- Warpaint and terrorists 0
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 0
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 0
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 126
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 61
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 57
- RT @CiFWatch: Just like his writings, @MaxBlumenthal's new twitter image is a fabrication http://t.co/dvrg13wR2k, 5 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Letter from @standwithus demanding cancellation of @AMPalestine event cited presence of @AliAbunimah and others and quoted ADL blacklist 2/3, 6 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: I'm at @AMPalestine conference. Chinese SoCal Cultural Center canceled our dinner after pressure from extreme Zionist group @StandWithUs 1/3, 6 hours ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Nelson #Mandela said a lot of things you won't hear about in mainstream coverage this week. Here's some of it: http://t.co/PXp8BVOxB8, 9 hours ago
- RT @jricole: Sec. Kerry quoted Mandela & then went on to affirm the need for "separation" of Jews and Palestinians to combat 'demographic threat.', 10 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is to ‘finish 48′ (57)
- yonah fredman: Ellen- Guess what? People like Ben Gurion changed reality. If I could I would wish to fine tune that...
- tree: He mentioned Ben Gurion once, and mentioned his golus name. Max mentions Ben Gurion at 1:00:51, in answer to a...
- yonah fredman: Ecru- As I have stated before: there was no exile from the land (Judea was what the Jewish...
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies (11)
- Hostage: Walid’s linked article does mention the PA Walid simply pointed out that a notable source of pro-Israel...
- ritzl: Seriously? Israel has always used water as a weapon. It does NOT supply water promised to the PA. Water,...
- Walid: “Walid’s linked article does mention the PA” No doubt at all about the PA’s mismanagement...
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela (4)
- seafoid: The memes of Zionism are dying. They are so afraid of Jews joining the dots. When people start to realise...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (27)
- ritzl: Since we aren’t supposed to know specifics at this point, if this joint US/Israel...
- Warpaint and terrorists (8)
- schlemiel: For someone who was supposedly in the Israeli army, you seem to know very little about things there. Why...
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace Bedouins (12)
- dbroncos: Obama and Kerry finger their lutes while Palestine continues to be wiped off the map. Bastards!
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is to ‘finish 48′ (57)
Category Archives: Reports/Video
Once and Future Bride of the Sea: A historian discusses the history of Jaffa from the Nakba until today
Tel Aviv – Jaffa City Councillor Sami Abou Shehadeh discusses the history of Jaffa, pre- and post-Nakba.
International Solidarity Movement video shows Israeli military arresting a terrified 11-year old boy in Hebron.
Please consider giving Mondoweiss a tax-deductible donation today to allow us to expand our video capabilities. We want to purchase more video cameras for our reporters and develop our video editing abilities to produce engaging, high-quality video what will further our mission of fostering the movement for greater fairness and justice for Palestinians in American foreign policy.
A video from Al Quds Newspaper.
Max Blumenthal reports from the September 29th event featuring Rwandan President Paul Kagame, Elie Wiesel, Shmuely Boteach and Sheldon Adelson discussing the “strong protecting the weak” from genocide. After Boteach delivered a lengthy treatise on shared Israeli-Rwandan values, and a human rights protester was removed by Kagame’s personal security detail for raising Kagame’s role in genocide in the Congo, Blumenthal and Mondoweiss’s Alex Kane attempt to ask the panelists what can be done to protect Palestinians from the Israeli occupation. Watch the video to see what happens next.
Out lives are becoming harder every day, Palestinian student Islam Shakarnah tells American students, in urging them to divest from the occupation
Candid photos taken in Gaza that offer a “glimpse of the situation in the Gaza Strip, a closed, besieged place put under a blockade by the Israel”
‘Courage is Contagious’: Glenn Greenwald electrifies Chicago crowd speaking on Snowden, journalism and the NSA
Friday night in Chicago Glenn Greenwald addressed the Socialism 2013 conference live via Skype and reflected for the first time on the past month in the wake of his interview with Edward Snowden, and subsequent disclosures regarding the National Security Agency’s spying on American citizens. In an impassioned introduction, journalist Jeremy Scahill called Greenwald the “conscience of America” and attacked his critics in the beltway press corps.
Here’s a cool new video from University of New Mexico – Students for Justice in Palestine asking Alicia Keys to cancel her upcoming concert in Tel Aviv – “This film is inspired by the Palestinian women who everyday nonviolently resist the illegal occupation of their land.”
On Friday, April 19 at least 10 Israeli soldiers armed with live ammunition, steal-coated rubber bullets and tear gas confronted a crowd of protesters in the Palestinian town of Abu Dis using 17-year-old Muhammad Rabea as a human shield. They forced him to walk at gunpoint with his hands raised in the air as they approached the protesters. Rabea tells Defense for Children International-Palestine’s Dina Elmuti of his harrowing ordeal, and of his daily struggle with the abuse and trauma he sustained.
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
B’Tselem this morning urgently contacted the Army’s Legal Advisor for Judea and Samaria, demanding his emergency intervention regarding the detention of numerous children, including some as young as 8 to 10 years old, by the Israeli military this morning in Hebron.
Illegal outpost ‘security officer’ caught on tape beating Palestinian tending herd as Israeli soldiers stand around
Incidents caught on tape of settlers and soldiers working in synchronization have been stacking up. This incident occurred last Saturday near the illegal expanding outpost ‘Avigail’ in the South Hebron Hills near the Palestinian village of Susya.
Video: Israeli settler lecturing Palestinian farmers — ‘You’ll all be our slaves, if you’re worthy, if you behave well’
Above is a video recorded December 27, 2012 by a B’Tselem volunteer in Yasuf, a Palestinian village located in the heart of the West Bank. It documents a Jewish settler attempting to convince Palestinian farmers he is the rightful owner of their land. Yasuf is almost completely surrounded by settlements and villagers have been denied access to thousands of dunams of their land since 2001. In addition, Yasuf has suffered violent settler attacks for years.
Harlem Shake videos from New York and Palestine.
On Saturday, February 23rd activists in London staged a multiple boycott action and protest at the Israeli Embassy, in support of the Palestinians in Al-Khalil (Hebron).
Video of a poem by Susan Abulhawa.
TMZ covers what it calls, “the story of the day” and interviews Emad Burnat on being detained at Los Angeles International Airport on his way to the Academny Awards this Sunday.
Following Palestinian call, protests held in 40 European cities demanding end to international trade with Israeli agribusiness
In Europe, protests targeted Mehadrin, a large Israeli export company that supplies citrus fruits, dates and other fresh produce to supermarkets across Europe. The company operates in illegal Israeli settlements, is involved in the theft of Palestinian land and water and employs Palestinian workers forced to work in illegal settlements in unsafe conditions for as little as €11 per day.
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.
UN fact-finding mission: Israeli settlements violate intl law; Israel must ‘immediately initiate a process of withdrawal’; Governments and companies must ‘[terminate] their business interests in the settlements’
A U.N. fact-finding mission into “the implications of the Israeli settlements on the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people throughout the Occupied Palestinian Territory” has issued a blockbuster report on the Israeli settlement project warning of “creeping annexation” of the occupied territories and making the closest call yet from the U.N. for sanctioning Israel over its violation of Palestinian human rights and international law.
Lupe Fiasco was removed from the stage at an Obama inauguration event after he performed his song “Words I Never Said” which criticizes President Obama for remaining silent during Operation Cast Lead.
Activists steadfast as Bab al-Shams violently evicted by Israeli soldiers – ‘We will not remain silent as Israel continues to build Jewish-only colonies on our land’
Last night, shortly before 3 a.m. local time, hundreds of Israeli soldiers and police officers raided the Palestinian protest encampment of Bab al-Shams (Gate of the Sun), and violently evicted its 150 inhabitants. The massive police force began by removing journalists and proceeded to drag people away, beating some of them. Six Palestinians required medical care at the Ramallah Hospital.