- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 0
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 1
- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 6
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 50
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 21
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- ‘Tomorrow there’s no school in Gaza, they don’t have any … 4
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 0
- How Israel militarized social media 0
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 0
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 240
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 145
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @walkingbassist: @Mondoweiss check out what @jvplive @JVPSeattle and allies are doing today #bdsboeing #warprofiteering http://t.co/E8CVrN08gE, 3 mins ago
- RT @ISLAMiComment: How Israel Militarized Social Media (Rebecca Stein) http://t.co/TbkWEaZNFF @Mondoweiss, 3 mins ago
- RT @imAK48: .@MrChuckD, @GloriaSteinem, @MiraPagliNair, @RogerWaters, among celebs calling 4 Palestinian freedom + #Gazanames http://t.co/goVu7n4lQc, 4 mins ago
- The story of my brother, martyr Mohammed Alareer http://t.co/zrTUO12bpi via @intifada, 10 mins ago
- RT @RepGraceMeng: Just spoke at rally for #Israel in #NYC. #NewYorkStandswithIsrael! #NY4Israel @JCRC http://t.co/ObIeZgwOM3, 45 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Adam Horowitz
Watch as authors China Miéville, Gillian Slovo, Tom Warner and Omar el Khairy visited Jerusalem to learn about the Israeli occupation as part of the 2013 Palestine Festival of Literature.
The U.S.-led peace process is in tatters following Israel’s suspension of talks. While it’s not yet clear the talks will permanently break down, the trend is in that direction. Rather than view these events as a setback for a peaceful resolution in Israel/Palestine, there are several reasons why this turn of events should be understood as a positive step forward.
A video by Rap News about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and its relationship to settler colonialism, among other things.
A video shot by the International Solidarity Movement today in Hebron shows Israeli soldiers detaining Rami Rajabi, a six-year-old child, as he walked to school. After 20 minutes of pressure from locals and activists the child was released, but there are currently at least 230 Palestinian children in Israeli detention.
China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine as a dystopia, but when you see Hebron you know where the cliche is coming from
The 2013 Palestine Festival of Literature took place across historical Palestine, with events in Jerusalem, Gaza, Nablus, Ramallah and Haifa. In this video, one group of the festival’s international participants are shown around al Khalil / Hebron, where Israel’s apartheid system is at its most explicit.
The American Studies Association says the onslaught of attacks it has faced since voting to endorse an academic boycott of Israel has only accomplished in strengthening the group. They report “over the past several months, the ASA has welcomed more than 700 new members. The ASA has also collected more membership revenue in the past three months than in any other three-month period over the past quarter-century.”
New York mayor Bill de Blasio met with Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman and gave him a “Big Apple” memento.
Israeli troops fired on Palestinian protests today outside Ofer prison in the West Bank with live ammunition. At least 12 protesters were sent to the hospital, some with serious injuries. Israel recently cancelled an agreed upon prisoner release as part of the US-led peace process.
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Last night in Decatur, GA about 30 people gathered in a church basement to hear Josh Ruebner discuss his new book Shattered Hopes: Obama’s Failure to Broker Israeli-Palestinian Peace. The evening was a small window into the awareness spreading across this county of the U.S. role in Israel/Palestine, and the movement growing in its wake.
The American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), a national education and advocacy group, is using the beloved Cherry Blossom Festival to attract attention to its message: US aid to Israel has got to stop.
Randi Zuckerberg, sister of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, will be helping AIPAC promote its new “Technology Division” at a New York event March 31st hosted with the New York Observer.
In the New York Times Jodi Rudoren reports on the debate happening within West Bank Palestinian families on the way forward – one state or two?
On Tuesday night, Loyola University Chicago became the first Jesuit University in the United States to pass a student government resolution to divest from companies complicit in aiding the Israeli occupation. The Senate voted 26-0, with 2 abstentions, to call on the school to remove its holdings from eight corporations that play an active role in the human rights abuses committed by the Israeli government.
Letter from Iranians in NYC calling on Mayor de Blasio to cut ties with AIPAC.
Judith Butler, Rashid Khalidi and over 150 other scholars condemn censorship, intimidation of Israel critics
An open letter calling on “cultural and educational institutions to have the courage and the principle to stand for, and safeguard, the very principles of free expression and the free exchange of ideas that make those institutions possible.”
Photos of Israeli police threatening journalists at gunpoint in Jerusalem.
A statement signed by 31 University of Hawai’i faculty members in response to the University administration’s condemnation of the ASA resolution in support of the academic boycott of Israel
On February 25th, an AIPAC member called a CODEPINK staffer threatening legal action in response to a controversial video clip that he alleges was made by the peace group CODEPINK.
A parody video on the 2014 AIPAC Policy Conference that takes place March 2-4 in Washington D.C.
Mondoweiss reader Bill Haywood has produced a video showing a truly DIY method of carbonating your beverages at home.
Renowned cartoonists and illustrators call on International Festival of Comics to drop association with SodaStream
Over forty cartoonists and illustrators from a dozen countries around the world released an open letter today to Franck Bondoux, director of the International Festival of Comics at Angoulême, asking the festival to drop its relationship with the Israeli drink manufacturer SodaStream.
‘Without doubt, the biggest loser in this well publicized BDS campaign was SodaStream’: Reactions to Johansson leaving Oxfam
The Institute for Middle East Understanding sent out the following reactions to the news that Scarlett Johansson is leaving her role with Oxfam in order to maintain her sponsorship with SodaStream.
The backlash against New York mayor Bill de Blasio’s secret AIPAC speech continues. A politically diverse group of high-profile New York Jews have issued an open letter to the mayor taking him to task for the speech saying, “AIPAC speaks for Israel’s hard-line government and its right-wing supporters, and for them alone; it does not speak for us.”
The Stop Sodastream Italy campaign writes Oxfam Italy over the Scarlett Johansson controversy reminding the organization that they cut ties with Paola Maugeri over her relationship to SodaStream in 2012.