- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 24
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 0
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 12
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Two Gazans killed by a missile strike, and hundreds mourn 0
- Anti-Defamation League exploits fear of Muslims to undermine anti-gay bill 0
- Reflections of an Iraqi in Palestine 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 113
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 98
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 87
- Thousands of Palestinians denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs water conservation pact with Netanyahu http://t.co/uST71IRFuH, 8 hours ago
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of Teaching Palestine to Americans’ http://t.co/H8rDbZSLTb, 10 hours ago
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/bfLo27JQcU, 10 hours ago
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited http://t.co/qE0TlSctRS, 13 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited (24)
- seafoid: Jeff I hope you are planning for the future because it’s not going to be like the past was. American...
- seafoid: “I blame the UN and the Palestinians primarily for prolonging the occupation but I’m perfectly...
- James North: DaBakr: If BDS is failing why did Netanyahu mention it 18 times in his speech?
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy pact with Netanyahu (20)
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (56)
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (98)
- Walid: “They have to import most of their food. ” seafoid, with Dutch help, they are now exporting...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (52)
- American: Citizen says: March 7, 2014 at 3:45 pm Q & A at Summit: ”Big wide historical reflecting on...
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited (24)
Author Archives: Adam Horowitz
Netanyahu: ‘There’s a problem the Palestinians are [in the West Bank] . . . I don’t want a binational state, and I don’t want them as citizens or subjects’
Haaretz reports on a meeting of the Likud Knesset faction today where Benjamin Netanyahu opened up about the US-led negotiations.
Forward writer Josh Nathan-Kazis follows up on our post from last week on the fact that the iconic Jewish National Fund blue box fails to show the green line on its map of Israel.
The iconic JNF blue boxes fail to show the green line demarcating Israel’s internationally recognized border.
In what has become a yearly holiday tradition, the Israeli government is attempting to quash official attempts to recognize Christmas.
In response to ASA boycott vote, Lawrence Summers calls academic boycotts ‘abhorrent’ and then calls for a boycott of the ASA
Larry Summers was on the Charlie Rose show yesterday and was asked about the American Studies Association (ASA) vote on the academic boycott of Israel.
Quick update on our campaign to send Benjamin Netanyahu to the Mandela Memorial.
Shimon Peres praises Nelson Mandela now that he has died, but Peres was the person most responsible for establishing the military relationship between Israel and Apartheid South Africa.
In 1990 ‘Nightline’ town hall, Jewish leaders call Mandela ‘hypocritical’ and ‘amoral’ over support for PLO, Koppel warns it isn’t politically wise to upset lobby
In a 1990 New York town hall meeting broadcast on Nightline, Ted Koppel presses Nelson Mandela on his support for the Palestinians and the political fallout this may cause in the U.S.
The Jewish Community Relations Council in San Francisco is hiring a Counter-BDS Grassroots Organizer.
An Isabel Kershner article on a photo exhibit about Palestinian refugees gives more space to Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesperson Yigal Palmor to denounce the exhibit than to UNWRA staffers to explain it. And ignores actual Palestinian refugees all together.
Today, activists in Israel/Palestine, and around the world, will carry out a “day of rage” to protest the Prawer Plan, an Israeli government plan to destroy 35 Arab villages in the Negev desert that will lead to the forced displacement of up to 70,000 Bedouin citizens of the state of Israel in order to clear the land for Israeli Jews. The call to action for the protests says, “Injustice, humiliation and forced displacement are a recurring theme in Palestine’s history. This is lesson that we as a group of youth take to the heart. We will oppose, resist and work against the continuous assault that our communities, across Palestine face. Therefore, we launched the ‘Prawer will not pass’ campaign with an eye to preventing this plan to be yet another chapter in Palestine’s long and tragic history. Opposing the Prawer Plan is to oppose ethnic cleansing, displacement and confinement in the 21st century. “
Max Blumenthal is scheduled to discuss his book Goliath at the New America Foundation in Washington DC on Wednesday, December 4th. Afraid that Blumenthal’s reporting has breached the walls of the beltway, Israel’s defenders have started the predictable McCarthyite campaign to shut it down.
Boston Globe reporter defends absence of Bedouin and Palestinians from article on water in the Negev
Boston-area Palestinian rights activist Nancy Murray recently wrote Boston Globe reporter Erin Ailworth about her November 17th article “In Israel, water where there was none”, read their correspondence.
Stop Veolia Seattle is a new working group organizing around discontinuing King County’s contract with Veolia for the operation of Metro Access Buses in Seattle. They are publishing a Zine to promote the campaign and are asking for submissions
The “Are You Blind?” project is a series of postcards inspired by the Ishihara test. But, contrary to the famous test, the project’s goal is not to test your color vision, but aims at questioning our social and political blindness.
The New York Times reports a new show for the USA Network will take place in Jerusalem.
Haaretz reports on a massive expansion of Israeli settlements in the West Bank which reporters Chaim Levinson and Barak Ravid describe as “unprecedented.” Peace Now Director Yair Oppenheimer says the new tenders reveal Israel’s intention in the occupied territories, regardless of whatever negotiations are taking place.
Avigdor Lieberman was acquitted today of corruption charges and is expected to re-join the Israeli government as Foreign Minister. Here his return is portrayed as a horror movie.
Check out this new song courtesy of the American Friends Service Committee, and learn more about the campaign to boycott SodaStream at Target stores this holiday season.
The Friends of the IDF Western Region Gala raked in $20 million two nights ago.
Introducing: “Benny Netanyahu”
Netanyahu says Palestinians must recognize ‘the Jewish state’ for peace (and then says even that isn’t enough)
Yesterday Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu returned to Bar Ilan University, where in 2009 he gave a speech that many reference to show his support for the two-state solution, and made it clear that a peace deal will not be happening on his watch.
Max Blumenthal’s new book Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel came out earlier this week, and he was on Democracy Now! this morning to discuss the four years of reporting from Israel/Palestine that went into the book.
Reuters reports on Netanyahu’s failure to churn up momentum towards war with Iran. If anything he is losing ground as hopes for a diplomatic detente has taken over.
Reuters reports on today’s State Department press conference where spokesperson Marie Harf said US military aid to Israel could be “hindered” if the U.S. government shutdown continues.