- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone … 18
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the … 22
- Church of Scotland accepts controversial report on Israel/Palestine 5
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of … 7
- Chelsea Clinton’s multifaith initiative 14
- More on the ‘creepy’ al-Dura report 11
- Exile and the Prophetic: Does John Kerry have the keys … 8
- Wolf Blitzer looks for a religious state 12
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1699
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1360
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 399
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 355
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 97
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 91
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 51
- RT @Moe_Diab: Please take the time to read this touching article. Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem http://t.co/1bXte5Ilc5 @Mond…, 1 hour ago
- RT @alexbkane: Obama says expanded surveillance raises "difficult questions" , but his Justice Dept. has stalled on an inquiry into NYPD sp…, 14 hours ago
- RT @samknight1: Flashback: Israel helped train Guatemalan dictator Rios Montt, recently convicted of genocide. https://t.co/oYsxDokunE, 15 hours ago
- RT @samknight1: Israel to train Chiapas police? Well. Say goodnight to the Zapatistas and probably a whole lot of indigenous groups http://…, 15 hours ago
- RT @RodrigoEBR: Medea Benjamin also told Obama "I love my country. I love the rule of law. Abide by the rule of law. You're a constitutiona…, 15 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (44)
- Hostage: To focus on the Zionist narrative entails that he looks specifically at the transformations in European...
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture because it doesn’t focus on Israel or the Holocaust (34)
- Danaa: Sorry, RoHa, I didn’t make myself clear. It was the Dutch jewish community that was descendant from the...
- Shmuel: When I was a kid, my father used to listen to a Yiddish programme on the radio, hosted by a Yiddish...
- Shmuel: Yonah, Specifically religious culture is undoubtedly an integral part of Yiddish language and culture (as in...
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox calls ‘fantastical’ racist propaganda (10)
- eGuard: Woody Tanaka: Derfner’s a zio. He’s going to twist himself into the most nonsensical mental contortions...
- Kerry goes for the Hail Mary, but Obama is punting (35)
- Hostage: You should read Ed Luce’s comments in the Financial Times recently, regarding the depth of Kerry’s...
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of ‘gray resisters’ grow (7)
- Citizen: @ Annie Robbins Current suicide rate for US veterans is 22 per day. http://www.forbes.com/sites...
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (40)
- Djinn: Those Bantustans being part of Judea/Samaria in the minds of deluded Zionists.
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (97)
- Shingo: I don’t know who has said the Zionists begged the natives to stay, and on what evidence, but even if this...
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (19)
- homingpigeon: jon s, Habibi, I would really like a reaction to the information that tree has provided. I am always...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (44)
- Philip Weiss
- Annie Robbins
- Allison Deger
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Alex Kane
- Paul Mutter
Author Archives: Adam Horowitz
Oberlin Students and Alumni urge Ben & Jerry’s to End Their Complicity in Israel’s Occupation and Illegal Settlements
From an Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign press release: At its Annual Congress on Thursday 4th April 2013, the Teachers’ Union of Ireland (TUI) became the first academic union in Europe to endorse the Palestinian call for an academic boycott of … Continue reading
‘Do not stand silent. Do not retreat. Do not back down’: Desmond Tutu and Roger Waters call on UC Riverside to stand behind divestment vote
Tonight the University of California Riverside Associated Students will vote on whether to rescind a March 6th vote in favor of divestment from Caterpillar and Hewlett Packard for their involvement in the Israeli occupation. This move comes after a month of intense pressure from pro-Israel activists and organizations. Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Roger Waters have issued statements in support of the divestment vote.
Tomorrow, American Muslims for Palestine is launching a new nationwide outdoor advertising campaign calling for an end to US aid to Israel.
‘They have stones, we need drones’: Israeli activists tell Obama ‘thank you for supporting our Apartheid state’
From the YouTube page: President Obama thank you for supporting and protecting our Apartheid state. And a special thank to the American people for donating over the years more than 230 Billion Dollars of your tax money for enabling our … Continue reading
A rundown of the second day of President Barack Obama’s trip to Israel/Palestine.
In anticipation of President Obama’s arrival today in Jerusalem, the International Campaign to Protect Palestinian Residency in Jerusalem published the following infographic detailing rights violations against Palestinians living in East Jerusalem.
Excerpts from the Institute for Middle East Understanding fact sheet “Does Netanyahu Really Support the Two-State Solution?”
Adalah launches comprehensive online ‘Discriminatory Laws Database’ to monitor racist Israeli legislation
Israeli NGO Adalah published online database that “collects text, analyses, and legal action for present and proposed discriminatory laws in Israel and the OPT.”
On the tenth anniversary of Rachel Corrie’s death her parents urge supporters to take action, change US policy in Israel/Palestine
Ten years ago today American activist Rachel Corrie was killed by an Israeli Caterpillar D9 bulldozer as she tried to protect a Palestinian home from demolition in Rafah, Gaza. Her death, and selfless act of heroism, has galvanized and inspired millions worldwide in the decade since her death. Yesterday, her father Craig Corrie shared a request for President Obama as he heads to Israel/Palestine next week — “ten years on I want answers for my daughter Rachel Corrie.”
Benjamin Netanyahu has finally put the finishing touches on the new Israeli government as President Obama prepares to visit to Israel/Palestine next week. Although there are some new faces and parties in the ruling bloc, the situation on the ground will look like more of the same for Palestinians. In fact, all signs indicate the settler movement are the big winners in the new government.
NYC coalition calls on elected officials to stop fueling Islamophobia and suppressing criticism of Israel
A historic coalition of LGBT, Muslim, Jewish, Arab, Iranian, South Asian and university groups today delivered a letter to New York City elected officials, calling on them to stop impeding their constituents’ free speech on Israel’s apartheid policies, the “Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions” (BDS) movement and the movement against Israeli government “pinkwashing.”
UN report finds errant Palestinian fire responsible for child’s death during Gaza fighting, but parent and human rights group maintains Israel is responsible
The U.N. Human Rights Council has issued a report on the November 2012 Israeli attack on Gaza. Although the 17-page report excoriates both Israel and Palestinian forces for numerous violations of international law during the fighting, the headline from the report has been a finding that BBC employee Omar al-Masharawi’s 11-month-old son Omar was most likely killed by an errant Palestinian missile rather than Israeli fire. Masharawi’s grieving photo was one of the most indelible images of the fighting and the story behind the photo is becoming another battle over the narrative of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Haaretz’s Barak Ravid reports on today’s meeting between Chuck Hagel and Ehud Barak. Looks like Israel doesn’t have to worry about the sequester.
Two separate advertising blitzes have welcomed the AIPAC conference to Washington, DC. One organized by the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation and Visualizing Palestine calls for end to U.S. aid to Israel while highlighting Israeli human rights abuses and the budget tradeoff for U.S. citizens. The second from Jewish Voice for Peace and Avaaz says AIPAC can’t claim to represent the American Jews and push a right-wing agenda not endorsed by the majority of the community.
This week President Obama dedicated a statue of Rosa Parks in the U.S. Capitol while the Israeli Transportation Ministry initiated plan to create segregated Palestinian-only buses in the occupied territories.
A photo taken today in the South Hebron Hills showing the Israeli military cooperating with the radical violent settlers.
Preliminary Arafat Jaradat autopsy report: ‘Reason of Death: nervous shock as a result of extreme pain from the intensity of the injuries described above, which resulted from multiple direct and extensive acts of torture’
Read an unofficial English translation of the preliminary autopsy report on Arafat Jaradat.
Roger Cohen has an International Herald Tribune column today titled “Zero Dark Zero” that outlines the dire state of the two-state solution. In the process of making his case Cohen recycles an out-of-context quote from Omar Barghouti that has become popular among Israel supporters looking to smear the BDS movement. Cohen and the ‘New York Times’ are standing by the quote, further discrediting the paper of record when it comes to honestly discerning fact from simple propaganda.
The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll is primarily focused on U.S. domestic politics, but contains some interesting numbers pertaining to Israel/Palestine.
Although the Palestinian Authority has already announced the results of an autopsy showing Arafat Jaradat’s death was the result of torture in an Israeli prison, this is not good enough for the U.S. State Department which refuses to comment until it sees the “Israeli results.”
Palestinians aren’t mentioned once in AIPAC’s legislative agenda for its annual policy conference but there is a palpable fear that the aid spigot to Israel is about to turn off, or at least slow down, given the budget face off taking place in Washington.
Here’s how U.S. aid to Israel works. The Israeli military is switching from Ford to Dodge trucks.
Harlem Shake videos from New York and Palestine.
Tomorrow: UC San Diego students to vote on endorsing divestment from ‘companies that profit off the military occupation of and violence inflicted upon the Palestinian people’
The UC-San Diego chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine has announced that tomorrow the UC San Diego Associated Students will vote on a resolution calling on the University of California system to divest from “companies that profit off the military occupation of and violence inflicted upon the Palestinian people.”