- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza 3
- Israeli forces kill 3 during Gaza solidarity march in West … 10
- Dr. Kristol’s vision: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 5
- Photo: Message on Israeli shell headed to Gaza, ‘Thats for … 9
- Israel’s actions ‘unjustified’ in eyes of women, non-whites, Dems, indy’s, … 22
- ‘The unity is stronger than ever’: Report from historic march … 9
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, … 38
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 27
- Gaza onslaught is p.r. problem for Israel’s ‘moral authority’ — … 0
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in … 0
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing … 0
- Burning children 0
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 0
- ‘We have nothing left to lose. I would rather die … 0
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war 0
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 130
- Dr. Kristol's vision: US 'special responsibilities' include 'ancient longings' of Jewish nationalists http://t.co/5Q4VbCSQbt, 13 mins ago
- RT @Adbusters: Gaza GIF: http://t.co/P4sRmQlDTe | SHARE/POST WIDELY | http://t.co/3ZlEFLk8Za | #gaza #gazaunderattack #freegaza, 33 mins ago
- RT @Anna_Baltzer: VIDEO: Myself debating Megyn Kelly on FOX News about Gaza last night: http://t.co/guQCckCLMQ @Mondoweiss @norabf @MaxBlumenthal, 35 mins ago
- RT @EllaSube: MOH Gaza Press Release: International human shields to protect Shifa Hospital in Gaza http://t.co/CqrrRjX32D @Mondoweiss #GazaUnderAttack, 36 mins ago
- RT @SamLovesHummus: Sources: #Israel reject ceasefire proposal b/c does not include Israeli proposal for "telegenic self-genocide" of Hamas. #GazaUnderAttack, 38 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Anees of Jerusalem
I went strolling through occupied East Jerusalem around our neighboring settlement, Pisgat Zee’v, the other day… The Palestinian neighborhood of Beit Hanina is now surrounded by settlement construction. Neve Yaakov on the north now meets Pisgat Ze’ev on the east.
In yesterday’s Ha’aretz, Gideon Levy argues for the abandonment/removal of Israel’s illegal settlements from an uncommon standpoint: He lambasts the settlements, as civic/economic/aesthetic entities, for their lack of contribution to the betterment of Israeli society, and says that this ‘uselessness’ … Continue reading
A few weeks back, our Jerusalem correspondent, Anees, reported that signs were popping up in Ramallah promoting the one-state solution– one of them is above. The group behind the signs was "Takamol," but Anees could get no fix on what … Continue reading
In this Hardball clip, at around 2:25, Chris Matthews says George Mitchell has to cross the Allenby bridge to get to Ramallah! Hello!! And Ethan Bronner doesn’t bother correcting him either.
Earlier today I read the BBC’s report on the fifth anniversary of the Bil’in protests against the Annexation Wall. It was not one of the worst the BBC has done on I/P; yet I got angry at the enforced, distorted … Continue reading
Norman Finkelstein frequently mentions in his discussions on Israel/Palestine the fact that Israel and the United States are largely alone (with the exception of a couple of Pacific island nations, plus recently either Canada or Australia) in standing against what he … Continue reading
Reading Donald MacIntyre’s recent piece on Gaza in The Independent I was reminded of the infamous May 2004 Jerusalem Post interview of Arnon Sofer, the original strategist behind Sharon’s Gaza Strip pullout: When 2.5 million people live in a closed-off Gaza, … Continue reading
A microcosm of the white man’s trauma, usurpation, entitlement, patronization, that is Israel. From Ynet: Residents of the Palestinian village of Arb al-Ramdin were surprised to discover Sunday that their water supply had been shut down. The village, which is … Continue reading
My friend Alan and I were discussing the Palestinian Authority’s new move to gather support for a UN recognition of a Palestinian state, and I expressed how unfair it is that the EU is refusing (along with the US of course) … Continue reading
Here is some few-months-old news that received little attention: In August, Israel’s Knesset passed a bill legislating the sale of absentee Palestinian property to private buyers. Full story at IMEU and Guardian UK. What it means is, if you are … Continue reading
I can’t say anything more than that it’s all exceedingly unbelievable bullshit.
You report that Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren says that Palestinians are doing fine with water. This is a complete misrepresentation. I just dug up this short video done as part of TVE’s Earth Report show, circa 2004. It shows Jeff … Continue reading
Adam Horowitz said it earlier, Israel simply asked and the US delivered. "We have very serious concerns about many of the recommendations in the [Goldstone] report… We have long expressed our very serious concern with the mandate that was given … Continue reading
I am so angry. The massacre happens. And no one does anything. People in Gaza are still living in the rubble of the destruction. The UN commission report happens. CNN mentions it, shows a clip of Justice Goldstone speaking then interviews … Continue reading
In his latest column, Uri Avnery argues—badly—against the boycott movement. Basically, the fact that a boycott will offend Israelis (heaven forbid!) is a non-starter for him, even when BDS is just a temporary means to an end: the end of … Continue reading
According to Hannah Murphy’s piece in The Guardian, sometime between April and the present, Israel has harassed/sent back American basketball players because they were coming to play in Palestinian teams. Several American basketball players have been refused entry at Tel … Continue reading
Jerusalem Post reporter says she is not allowed to go into the West Bank
Anees of Jerusalem writes: Yesterday Naomi Klein gave a great talk at the Friends School in Ramallah. It was a short addendum to her January piece in The Nation supporting the BDS (boycott, divestment, and sanctions) movement against Israel. I…
Here’s a piece in the London gossips on the Hoping Foundation– “an organization that is dedicated to showing Palestinian refugee children that their struggle to transform their lives is encouraged and supported by people in Britain and throughout the rest…
Anees of Jerusalem was upset by reading here about Benny Morris’s new book, One State, Two States, where he says that Palestinians value human life less than Israelis, and are lousier drivers, and so he wrote to the publisher, Yale…
Great piece by BBC News on Natan Brun, a legal historian in Israel who is the son of Akiva Brun, a member of the Stern Gang who was arrested and charged in 1947 for plotting terror in London. Reporter Tim…
Anees of Jerusalem writes to me: Another North American college professor, Margo Ramlal-Nankoe of Ithaca College, alleges pro-Zionist prejudice was the reason behind her career block. Norman Finkelstein is quoted saying that it’s a case of “tenure tragedy”: “It simply…