- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 10
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 13
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 3
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 6
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 21
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 6
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 20
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 4
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2240
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1698
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1358
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 89
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 86
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 75
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @drones: Attorney General Eric Holder: We've drone four Americans, three by accident. Oops. http://t.co/R5NrBGPJfQ, 9 hours ago
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 12 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 13 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 13 hours ago
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, Sarah Shourd http://t.co/C1C7G1DXJ6, 14 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations (11)
- Hostage: Is it actually possible that Israel has forgotten how to lie? No they have too much experience for that to...
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (10)
- Hostage: The soldiers then were standing in the Mughrabi Quarter, which encompassed most of what is today the long,...
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it (4)
- Shmuel: An interesting article on changing Jewish attitudes to Zionism in Germany and France is Robert...
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox calls ‘fantastical’ racist propaganda (6)
- seafoid: Kershner is potentially looking at a career toilet flush moment. The report is BS khaalis. Signing it off...
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable (20)
- Citizen: The US government has recently admitted killing 4 Americans, and now has a vague, loose, legal way to kill...
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (11)
- notatall: About fifteen years ago someone who had written a book about the history of the Irish in America was a...
- Mohammed Assaf, singing sensation out of Gaza refugee camp, torches Arab Idol competition (22)
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (86)
- Shingo: The assertion, which you have abandoned in interest of being argumentative, is that Kennedy himself insisted...
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (13)
- seafoid: They can cut off the territories from galut but what is the point? They no longer control the narrative. As...
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations (11)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Annie Robbins
- Eleanor Kilroy
- Alex Kane
- Lizzy Ratner
- Today in Palestine
Author Archives: Anees of Jerusalem
I went strolling through occupied East Jerusalem around our neighboring settlement, Pisgat Zee’v, the other day… The Palestinian neighborhood of Beit Hanina is now surrounded by settlement construction. Neve Yaakov on the north now meets Pisgat Ze’ev on the east.
In yesterday’s Ha’aretz, Gideon Levy argues for the abandonment/removal of Israel’s illegal settlements from an uncommon standpoint: He lambasts the settlements, as civic/economic/aesthetic entities, for their lack of contribution to the betterment of Israeli society, and says that this ‘uselessness’ … Continue reading
A few weeks back, our Jerusalem correspondent, Anees, reported that signs were popping up in Ramallah promoting the one-state solution– one of them is above. The group behind the signs was "Takamol," but Anees could get no fix on what … Continue reading
In this Hardball clip, at around 2:25, Chris Matthews says George Mitchell has to cross the Allenby bridge to get to Ramallah! Hello!! And Ethan Bronner doesn’t bother correcting him either.
Earlier today I read the BBC’s report on the fifth anniversary of the Bil’in protests against the Annexation Wall. It was not one of the worst the BBC has done on I/P; yet I got angry at the enforced, distorted … Continue reading
Norman Finkelstein frequently mentions in his discussions on Israel/Palestine the fact that Israel and the United States are largely alone (with the exception of a couple of Pacific island nations, plus recently either Canada or Australia) in standing against what he … Continue reading
Reading Donald MacIntyre’s recent piece on Gaza in The Independent I was reminded of the infamous May 2004 Jerusalem Post interview of Arnon Sofer, the original strategist behind Sharon’s Gaza Strip pullout: When 2.5 million people live in a closed-off Gaza, … Continue reading
A microcosm of the white man’s trauma, usurpation, entitlement, patronization, that is Israel. From Ynet: Residents of the Palestinian village of Arb al-Ramdin were surprised to discover Sunday that their water supply had been shut down. The village, which is … Continue reading
My friend Alan and I were discussing the Palestinian Authority’s new move to gather support for a UN recognition of a Palestinian state, and I expressed how unfair it is that the EU is refusing (along with the US of course) … Continue reading
Here is some few-months-old news that received little attention: In August, Israel’s Knesset passed a bill legislating the sale of absentee Palestinian property to private buyers. Full story at IMEU and Guardian UK. What it means is, if you are … Continue reading
I can’t say anything more than that it’s all exceedingly unbelievable bullshit.
You report that Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren says that Palestinians are doing fine with water. This is a complete misrepresentation. I just dug up this short video done as part of TVE’s Earth Report show, circa 2004. It shows Jeff … Continue reading
Adam Horowitz said it earlier, Israel simply asked and the US delivered. "We have very serious concerns about many of the recommendations in the [Goldstone] report… We have long expressed our very serious concern with the mandate that was given … Continue reading
I am so angry. The massacre happens. And no one does anything. People in Gaza are still living in the rubble of the destruction. The UN commission report happens. CNN mentions it, shows a clip of Justice Goldstone speaking then interviews … Continue reading
In his latest column, Uri Avnery argues—badly—against the boycott movement. Basically, the fact that a boycott will offend Israelis (heaven forbid!) is a non-starter for him, even when BDS is just a temporary means to an end: the end of … Continue reading
According to Hannah Murphy’s piece in The Guardian, sometime between April and the present, Israel has harassed/sent back American basketball players because they were coming to play in Palestinian teams. Several American basketball players have been refused entry at Tel … Continue reading
Jerusalem Post reporter says she is not allowed to go into the West Bank
Anees of Jerusalem writes: Yesterday Naomi Klein gave a great talk at the Friends School in Ramallah. It was a short addendum to her January piece in The Nation supporting the BDS (boycott, divestment, and sanctions) movement against Israel. I…
Here’s a piece in the London gossips on the Hoping Foundation– “an organization that is dedicated to showing Palestinian refugee children that their struggle to transform their lives is encouraged and supported by people in Britain and throughout the rest…
Anees of Jerusalem was upset by reading here about Benny Morris’s new book, One State, Two States, where he says that Palestinians value human life less than Israelis, and are lousier drivers, and so he wrote to the publisher, Yale…
Great piece by BBC News on Natan Brun, a legal historian in Israel who is the son of Akiva Brun, a member of the Stern Gang who was arrested and charged in 1947 for plotting terror in London. Reporter Tim…
Anees of Jerusalem writes to me: Another North American college professor, Margo Ramlal-Nankoe of Ithaca College, alleges pro-Zionist prejudice was the reason behind her career block. Norman Finkelstein is quoted saying that it’s a case of “tenure tragedy”: “It simply…