- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 2
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 3
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question 4
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 4
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 5
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 5
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 12
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 227
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 148
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 121
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 102
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 84
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 74
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- RT @ggreenwald: From AJ Editor RT @hash_said @WHarkavy It was a temporary glitch. It's back up., 8 hours ago
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 8 hours ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 8 hours ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 8 hours ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 8 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (12)
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (4)
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism (5)
- Rusty Pipes: That’s from the EUMC’s “Working” Definition of Anti-Semitism, which was...
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (4)
- David Samel: Thanks, Pamela, for your impressions. I would only add that I thought Bob Simon’s 2009 piece on...
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (54)
- Hostage: Nowhere in this or the linked documents does it show that Kennedy (or any president) insisted on a the...
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire ‘professor from Israel’ (12)
- Hostage: Whether professors believe that their expression of polemical political opinions should have consequences,...
- Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention to 950 other child killings (12)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Anonymous
Saturday night in Tel Aviv a 52-year-old man named Moshe Silman immolated himself during a march marking the one year anniversary of the J14 protest movement within Israel. Ynet reports, “Eye witnesses said Silman read out a letter before pouring flammable liquid over himself and setting himself on fire. He left copies of the letter scattered on the ground. . . ‘The State of Israel robbed me and left me with nothing,’ he wrote.” Here is a reaction from an anonymous protester who was in the crowd in Tel Aviv.
Activists in Egypt reject the current elections as a strategy to derail the goals of the revolution to oust the Mubarak regime.
To all those in the United States currently occupying parks, squares and other spaces, your comrades in Cairo are watching you in solidarity. Having received so much advice from you about transitioning to democracy, we thought it’s our turn to … Continue reading
Dearest Cynthia McKinney, Two years ago, you spoke out against Israel’s human rights abuses in Palestine. You were even put in an Israeli prison after your attempts to help deliver medical supplies and humanitarian aid on a ship to Gaza … Continue reading
This week, key international organizations have come closer to endorsing Palestinian readiness for an independent state. Notably, in preparation for tomorrow’s meeting in Brussels of the Ad Hoc Liaison Committee (AHLC), a 12-member committee of the European Union and United … Continue reading
Obama, Clinton, Gates know how to pick their friends. Exactly the same ones as Bush, so what is the difference between the administrations? Wall Street Journal (Adam Entous and Julian Barnes): After weeks of internal debate on how to respond … Continue reading
The ad above greeted commuters passing through several major Bay Area Rapid Transit stations in San Francisco and the East Bay this week. At other stations travelers could feast their eyes on this one: The ads – professionally printed, but … Continue reading
Sorry I can’t use this contributor’s name but he/she makes some good points, to the rabbi who exposed Helen Thomas. Dear Rabbi Nesenoff, Helen Thomas has been rightfully criticized for her comments to you. Yet you are on record at … Continue reading
On Thursday evening, three days after the Israeli attack on the activists attempting to bring aid to the people of Gaza, Larry King interviewed President Obama on CNN. Towards the latter part of the interview, the President was asked about … Continue reading
On Netanyahu and the Entebbe motive [for the flotilla raid]: psychoanalytic explanation was a reflex of our parents’ time. It is now is too little used. Netanyahu is the emotionally tunneled sibling of a martyr brother, son of a big … Continue reading
"That’s it. If I’ve lost Walter Cronkite, I’ve lost Middle America"– President Lyndon B. Johnson, February, 1968 After reading the tragic and heartbreaking news concerning the Israeli attack on the activists attempting to bring humanitarian aid to the people of … Continue reading
Keith did it last night. Had on as guest Edward Peck, the deputy director of the terrorism task force in the Reagan administration and passenger on one of the ships of the flotilla. Olbermann was skeptical of Israeli claims. Peck … Continue reading
Spotted this on my walk home from work yesterday – corner of Whitney and Trumbull, New Haven, CT.
The Times covered the Goldstone bar mitzvah controversy on its front page Saturday. See second paragraph; what does reporter Barry Bearak mean by "countrymen"?
From Haaretz: She added: "But we believe that through good-faith negotiations, the parties can mutually agree to an outcome which ends the conflict and reconciles the Palestinian goal of an independent and viable state based on the ’67 lines, with … Continue reading
Interesting piece in the Forward this week: "Jerusalem Quartet Draws Discordant Note in Britain." It is your by-now-standard harassing of an Israeli cultural presentation in London by BDS types, but with some great twists. 1) The lunch time presentation was … Continue reading
Here’s J Street touting a Jewish democracy in the Washington Post. And here’s the ADL quoting Justice Stevens on the separation between religion and government.
Two weeks ago on this site, Michael Ratner reviewed a play about Gaza called The Human Scale, by Lawrence Wright, a writer for the New Yorker. The show ran for four nights in NY. Well, here is another review, which … Continue reading
The BBC puts U.S. corporate and public media to shame, violating taboos on Israel. On “BBC World News America” last night, host Matt Frei asked Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen point-blank about the Israeli government’s announcement yesterday (news ignored by … Continue reading
Lawrence Wright authored ‘The Looming Tower,’ which is widely regarded as the definitive account of al-Qaeda. The book is called the ‘bible’ by intelligence operatives. Now what does this text say of the fateful triangle (Israel, Palestine and Islamic militancy). … Continue reading
Israel-supporters in the U.S. know they will lose if the issue is framed as a linkage: Palestinian grievances are endangering our troops. Jeffrey Goldberg does some digging: "I called the White House to ask if Biden actually said this. It … Continue reading
Eran Shayshon found Naomi Klein’s mention of Holocaust pornography "extraordinarily amusing." Amusing? What’s that about? Does he think it’s not real? An event on this very topic was just held in San Francisco a few days ago: the screening of … Continue reading
Walter Russell Mead wrote this interesting passage on why the right supports Israel: "Many of the arguments and perceptions that have weakened support for Israel on the left cut no ice with the populist right. The argument that just war … Continue reading
An instinct of evasion so profound it would rather talk nonsense than specify: David Axelrod to Jake Tapper, March 14: "I believe that that region and that issue is a flare point throughout the region" Obama to student questioner in … Continue reading