- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 0
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 2
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of wall near Bethlehem … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Two desperate anti-Semitism charges, from Foxman and Boteach 0
- To reach the ‘moveable middle’ in Jewish life, you must … 0
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 0
- About that special relationship… 0
- Why are two Republican congressmen doing a walkabout on the … 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now … 0
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 0
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 110
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @RRodrickBeiler: @Mondoweiss they were playing with it during last week's #PalestineMarathon pointing it at runners and journalists... http://t.co/6Mql0Xe8BF, 41 mins ago
- RT @RRodrickBeiler: @Mondoweiss not that Israeli snipers haven't routinely fired live ammo from this location as well: http://t.co/fbyEcFmRE4, 42 mins ago
- RT @RRodrickBeiler: @Mondoweiss pretty sure that's a water canon--see pic. Tho it could be used for "skunk" water. Still obnoxious. http://t.co/aWa3oKLj39, 42 mins ago
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in West Bank http://t.co/OBq9VhcHpM, 46 mins ago
- .@MuftahOrg new site looks great!, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an (3)
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (57)
- libra: yonah fredman: I’ve been reading Max B’s book Goliath and his monomaniacal… ….it is Max B’s...
- yonah fredman: Implicating Max Blumenthal as a Jew hater because he was cited by this KKK murderous nut is a smear....
- American: No one says ‘collective punishment’ is right. Its a alternative to a shooting war, invasion ,...
- Why are two Republican congressmen doing a walkabout on the Temple Mount? (36)
- charleston: why not?
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel (33)
- Bumblebye: “This would give it until June 2017…” You don’t think they’d be planning to...
- libra: annie: why wait 3 years? Why indeed? The Palestinians could stop waiting for outside agencies to act and make...
- CloakAndDagger: @ ToivoS My guess was that they saw it as an opportunity to distract Israel from trying to sabotage...
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate (2)
- ritzl: It’s just as likely, probably more likely, that the Assembly was pressured to hold the vote right...
Author Archives: Avigail Abarbanel
What happens when the threat, and the trauma, never end? Many, if not most Israeli Jews still believe, incredibly, that their country is a democracy like any other Western democracy, with real freedom of opinion and expression. They are naive, writes Avigail Abarbanel
Given the realities of the Israeli occupation, Avigail Abarbanel finds the hypocrisy of Hanukkah intolerable. It’s okay for Jews to celebrate efforts to liberate themselves from occupation, but it is not okay for the Palestinians. Above, a photo circulated by the Israeli military.