- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 0
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 0
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 0
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 0
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- Reflections of an Iraqi in Palestine 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 4 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 13 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 13 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 17 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 18 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (73)
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (35)
- lysias: I just read an allegation that Yatsenyuk (and his sister) are scientologists. Oh boy!
- ‘NYT’ provides frank descriptions of lobby’s power in review of Truman book (20)
- Woody Tanaka: I don’t agree that you say that about all. Certainly there were some, but I believe that many of...
- Citizen: Further, if memory serves, Max B said himself that no non-Jewish person could have written Goliath because...
- Citizen: @ Woody I agree. Those “same men” championed equal civil rights in USA for the same main reason...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (7)
- Susie Kneedler: NOW, LIVE: C-SPAN3 is showing and streaming LIVE the “National Summit to Reassess the...
- Anti-Defamation League exploits fear of Muslims to undermine anti-gay bill (18)
- traintosiberia: Fatwa is overrated . Any Muslim can utter a Fatwa with or without any basis of any religious or...
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (35)
- Walid: Sibiriak, how much of this nation-affinity is natural or rather spontaneous and how much of it is programmed...
Author Archives: BADIL Resource Center
The story of the ongoing Nakba in two Jerusalem villages – Lifta and Battir – has been enforced quite differently yet it highlights several constant threads. Standing at the bottom of the valley in Battir today, essentially on the ‘Green Line’, olive trees to the west are, according to colonial impositions, in ‘Israel’ whilst to the east they are in ‘Palestine’ despite belonging to the same families. Such demarcations visually highlight the immorality and sheer ridiculousness of the historic division of Palestine. Similarly, for the Liftawi elders who live within eyesight of their original houses and who regularly take their children, grandchildren and now great-grandchildren to ‘visit’ and clean the village graves of their ancestors, there is no moral, legal or ethical justification for this division.
I read this article in the Times: “Cellphones Become the World’s Eyes and Ears on Protests [link] and got the following links:Storyful; Yfrog; Citizentube; Bambuser. I hadn’t heard of any of them. American activists have been leapfrogged. The more I … Continue reading
The BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights, an independent, community-based non-profit organization mandated to defend and promote the rights of Palestinian refugees and IDPs, released the following statement today: While President Barack Obama pressures Palestinians to re-engage … Continue reading