- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ … 6
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on … 7
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic … 10
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership 5
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says … 9
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and … 4
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live … 39
- ‘I wanted to make a film [on] the conflict between … 6
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 195
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 94
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 71
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 133
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 126
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid 50
- RT @YasirTineh: Sign at Miami airport highlights Islamophobia http://t.co/cAszsdG9Jr, 1 hour ago
- RT @ggreenwald: This Rolling Stone obituary by @7im captures Michael Hastings' fearless journalistic spirit really well http://t.co/Lo0ECHZ…, 1 hour ago
- ‘No consequences… ad finitum’ — Reporters reject State Dep’t explanation of US policy on settlements http://t.co/RuwyEzmToV, 5 hours ago
- Sixteen-year-old Ali Shamlawi faces 25 counts of attempted murder for alleged stone throwing http://t.co/YUvWhKyWKP, 5 hours ago
- Palestinian prisoner Hussam Shaheen writes -- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ http://t.co/Yss65BM24p, 5 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner (6)
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (10)
- Inanna: The reason Abbas is supported by Israel and the west and this fake elite put into power is to sell-out the...
- Inanna: The problems are minimal If it wasn’t so tragic and deluded I would laugh. But let me provide a...
- Inanna: Yep. I’m starting to think the PA is fast becoming the equivalent of the South Lebanese puppets. And...
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left scrambling after election of moderate Rouhani (42)
- ToivoS: I would like to believe your speculations here turn out to be correct. For them to come to fruition it would...
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! (39)
- mondonut: Dutch says: As if #1 could be a condition for #2. Besides, a ‘Jewish state’ is nothing....
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says American people are opposed to Syrian intervention (9)
- ToivoS: Clinton pays a lot of attention to polls. He was quite aware that his numbers were in serious trouble over...
- When a ‘stockpile of homemade bombs’ is ho-hum and ha-ha (13)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “@Annie, you live in a country where citizens are entitled by law to have weapons stashed...
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Bruce Wolman
Cameron says the quality of the European discussion of the economy is the best he’s heard in a year, but nothing tangible will result
Argument that Jews are smarter smashes up against the pretzel logic employed by tyrannical judges
My dad and his brothers were desperate to get into uniform and fight the Nazis. If Iran is really threatening a second Holocaust, how come Jewish groups aren’t urging young Jews to join the military?
Sen. Cardin tells how he and Hillary Clinton muscled foreign ambassadors to block ‘anti-American’ Palestinian statehood
Ever heard of the American Jewish International Relations Institute? It’s part of a bipartisan Congressional Task Force concerned with how foreign governments vote in the UN on Israel/Palestine issues. The result? Before the the Task Force was established in 2006, the US exercised 41 vetoes at the Security Council on behalf of Israel, since it has only had to once.
If Obama weren’t meeting Netanyahu 9 times, and having to fend off the Israel lobby at every turn, maybe he’d be doing more about the trade deficit with China?
Why hasn’t an anti-war candidate risen to primary Obama? Too late now. But not too late for the antiwar left to mobilize
In case you haven’t seen it, I find Pepe Escobar’s analysis of Obama’s Middle East speech in Asia Times the most clear-eyed, convincing and on the money: “What Obama could not possibly say.” I bring one quote to your attention:
You have to hand it to Hebrew School. What a training ground those late weekday sessions have shown to be. Salon produced its Hack Thirty List– “our all-star team–of the most predictable, dishonest and just plain stupid pundits in the … Continue reading
Someone has leaked to Haaretz "at least four steps the United States expects Netanyahu to carry out to restore confidence in bilateral relations and permit the resumption of peace talks with the Palestinians." The steps were on a list that … Continue reading
The Obama Administration finally realized its credibility was in tatters after the shenanigans of this week in Israel. With the President apparently sedated and the Vice President hoarse from crooning love songs to Israel, it was decided to have the … Continue reading
Yossi Verter in today’s Ha’aretz relates some chilling words from the father of Prime Minster Netanyahu at a celebration for the the elder’s 100th birthday. One hopes that the Obama Administration knows what they are dealing with when it comes … Continue reading
More about that poll we mentioned on the site earlier today: Ardent supporters of Israel never tire of telling us that Israel is the only "democracy" in the Middle East. If a poll released yesterday is any indication, Israeli high … Continue reading
Vice President Joe Biden just finished his whirlwind Israeli road show with a speech at Tel Aviv University. President Obama’s Number Two laid bare the Administration’s upcoming theme songs for the Mideast. Biden started off with a short prelude, emphasizing … Continue reading
Chagrined Michael Oren says that he wants to go back to UC Irvine, despite being shouted down there a few weeks back. The diplomat said he understood the emotional nature of Middle East politics, but said it was also important … Continue reading
J Street and the Israeli Foreign Ministry offer contrasting reactions to the just announced Israeli-Palestinian "proximity talks" – indirect talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians with the United States serving as the go-between. By summer we should know for … Continue reading
Before even landing in Israel, Vice President Biden gave an interview to the Israeli newspaper, Yedioth Ahroneth. It was very much on the threat from Iran and US-Israeli military cooperation, but amazingly brief on upcoming Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. According to … Continue reading
According to Roee Nahmias at Y-Net, "US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sent a message to Beirut that Washington cannot prevent an Israeli strike in Lebanon as long as arms smuggling to Hezbollah continues." Echoing an article in the London-based … Continue reading
Aluf Benn in this morning’s Ha’aretz describes an increasingly dangerous poker game being played out over Iran’s nuclear program. With war now being threatened, "the stakes are constantly rising with the expectations that one of the players will recognize his … Continue reading
There was finally a shake up over at the White House this weekend. No, Rahm neither resigned nor was axed. Instead, Social Secretary Desiree Rogers became "the first high-level departure from Obama’s senior staff." WaPo spends more than enough ink … Continue reading
For readers active in the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) Movement, here is an obvious target that has been overlooked. According to today’s Jerusalem Post, "Over 30 Israeli companies are set to help South Africa secure this summer’s Soccer World … Continue reading
I leaned towards this interpretation also: Rahm is on his way out, and uses stenographer Dana Milbank in the Washington Post to issue a parting shot at Obama’s insider team. Or else the lobby makes him feel invincible, which would … Continue reading
"It’s not just Barack Obama," by an Israel lobbyist in the Jerusalem Post. Turns out even Eisenhower repents over his Suez pressure.
Haaretz has a piece saying that Israel can’t afford to reject J Street. There were quite a few comments hostile to J Street, but I found this one interesting from an Israeli in the US: Title: Clueless Israelis Name: Shoded … Continue reading
That’s the news from Haaretz. It’s all kabuki theater in the name of diplomatic cover. The matter will disappear from the headlines within days.
When Steve Rosen is comfortable writing a long posting at Foreign Policy in praise of Barack Obama’s Israeli and Mideast policies ("Is Barack Obama More AIPAC than J Street?" [Yes]) it’s time to admit that banking on this Administration is … Continue reading