- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 10
- ‘We know that Israel has no red line when it … 3
- ‘Slate’ blames Birthright for indoctrinating American Jew who was killed … 20
- The green line is gone: Hundreds of Palestinian citizens of … 0
- Israel’s ‘defeat’ 3
- Something you can do, wherever you are 5
- Humanitarian agencies warn of imminent water crisis in Gaza 3
- US plays decisive role in Israel’s attack on Gaza 25
- In Photos: Activists clash with Israeli and Palestinian Authority forces … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- Kristof says Stephen Hawking and American Studies Association support Hamas 0
- Video: ‘It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation’ — John … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Gaza, a poem 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 234
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 216
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 130
- 'Heartbreaking' is U.S. government's talking point for Gaza massacre http://t.co/FIYvB85nr1, 33 mins ago
- RT @RBrulin: Dear @FridaGhitis: Ur "Pacifists calling for war" tweet relates to article where Falk calls for Ghandian non violence http://t.co/rxk76u9UPc, 37 mins ago
- RT @RBrulin: CNN journo tweets article she clearly has not read. other journos opine &comment, also w/out having read it. Twitter. http://t.co/HwRNiP1nGw, 37 mins ago
- Ibrahim Bulul: "We support the resistance b/c you can't expect us 2 blame Hamas while Israel is committing massacres" http://t.co/CKItuzFvoe, 40 mins ago
- Abu Awni, 38, from Gaza City, “I’m against Hamas but when Israel is killing my family then I will join Hamas" http://t.co/CKItuzFvoe, 41 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Bruce Wolman
Cameron says the quality of the European discussion of the economy is the best he’s heard in a year, but nothing tangible will result
Argument that Jews are smarter smashes up against the pretzel logic employed by tyrannical judges
My dad and his brothers were desperate to get into uniform and fight the Nazis. If Iran is really threatening a second Holocaust, how come Jewish groups aren’t urging young Jews to join the military?
Sen. Cardin tells how he and Hillary Clinton muscled foreign ambassadors to block ‘anti-American’ Palestinian statehood
Ever heard of the American Jewish International Relations Institute? It’s part of a bipartisan Congressional Task Force concerned with how foreign governments vote in the UN on Israel/Palestine issues. The result? Before the the Task Force was established in 2006, the US exercised 41 vetoes at the Security Council on behalf of Israel, since it has only had to once.
If Obama weren’t meeting Netanyahu 9 times, and having to fend off the Israel lobby at every turn, maybe he’d be doing more about the trade deficit with China?
Why hasn’t an anti-war candidate risen to primary Obama? Too late now. But not too late for the antiwar left to mobilize
In case you haven’t seen it, I find Pepe Escobar’s analysis of Obama’s Middle East speech in Asia Times the most clear-eyed, convincing and on the money: “What Obama could not possibly say.” I bring one quote to your attention:
You have to hand it to Hebrew School. What a training ground those late weekday sessions have shown to be. Salon produced its Hack Thirty List– “our all-star team–of the most predictable, dishonest and just plain stupid pundits in the … Continue reading
Someone has leaked to Haaretz "at least four steps the United States expects Netanyahu to carry out to restore confidence in bilateral relations and permit the resumption of peace talks with the Palestinians." The steps were on a list that … Continue reading
The Obama Administration finally realized its credibility was in tatters after the shenanigans of this week in Israel. With the President apparently sedated and the Vice President hoarse from crooning love songs to Israel, it was decided to have the … Continue reading
Yossi Verter in today’s Ha’aretz relates some chilling words from the father of Prime Minster Netanyahu at a celebration for the the elder’s 100th birthday. One hopes that the Obama Administration knows what they are dealing with when it comes … Continue reading
More about that poll we mentioned on the site earlier today: Ardent supporters of Israel never tire of telling us that Israel is the only "democracy" in the Middle East. If a poll released yesterday is any indication, Israeli high … Continue reading
Vice President Joe Biden just finished his whirlwind Israeli road show with a speech at Tel Aviv University. President Obama’s Number Two laid bare the Administration’s upcoming theme songs for the Mideast. Biden started off with a short prelude, emphasizing … Continue reading
Chagrined Michael Oren says that he wants to go back to UC Irvine, despite being shouted down there a few weeks back. The diplomat said he understood the emotional nature of Middle East politics, but said it was also important … Continue reading
J Street and the Israeli Foreign Ministry offer contrasting reactions to the just announced Israeli-Palestinian "proximity talks" – indirect talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians with the United States serving as the go-between. By summer we should know for … Continue reading
Before even landing in Israel, Vice President Biden gave an interview to the Israeli newspaper, Yedioth Ahroneth. It was very much on the threat from Iran and US-Israeli military cooperation, but amazingly brief on upcoming Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. According to … Continue reading
According to Roee Nahmias at Y-Net, "US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sent a message to Beirut that Washington cannot prevent an Israeli strike in Lebanon as long as arms smuggling to Hezbollah continues." Echoing an article in the London-based … Continue reading
Aluf Benn in this morning’s Ha’aretz describes an increasingly dangerous poker game being played out over Iran’s nuclear program. With war now being threatened, "the stakes are constantly rising with the expectations that one of the players will recognize his … Continue reading
There was finally a shake up over at the White House this weekend. No, Rahm neither resigned nor was axed. Instead, Social Secretary Desiree Rogers became "the first high-level departure from Obama’s senior staff." WaPo spends more than enough ink … Continue reading
For readers active in the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) Movement, here is an obvious target that has been overlooked. According to today’s Jerusalem Post, "Over 30 Israeli companies are set to help South Africa secure this summer’s Soccer World … Continue reading
I leaned towards this interpretation also: Rahm is on his way out, and uses stenographer Dana Milbank in the Washington Post to issue a parting shot at Obama’s insider team. Or else the lobby makes him feel invincible, which would … Continue reading
"It’s not just Barack Obama," by an Israel lobbyist in the Jerusalem Post. Turns out even Eisenhower repents over his Suez pressure.
Haaretz has a piece saying that Israel can’t afford to reject J Street. There were quite a few comments hostile to J Street, but I found this one interesting from an Israeli in the US: Title: Clueless Israelis Name: Shoded … Continue reading
That’s the news from Haaretz. It’s all kabuki theater in the name of diplomatic cover. The matter will disappear from the headlines within days.
When Steve Rosen is comfortable writing a long posting at Foreign Policy in praise of Barack Obama’s Israeli and Mideast policies ("Is Barack Obama More AIPAC than J Street?" [Yes]) it’s time to admit that banking on this Administration is … Continue reading