- United Methodist General Board of Church & Society issues call … 1
- ‘NPR’ denies the Nakba 4
- Northeastern University SJP chapter suspended as members are subjected to … 8
- Six Palestinians killed in 24 hours by Israeli forces 9
- J Street cheerleading for Kerry features Congressman warning Palestinians will … 18
- Zirin challenges sportswriters to report Israeli violence against Palestinian soccer … 28
- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism 26
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in … 31
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- 2013 was record year in new settlement construction, and 2014 … 0
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics 0
- Conservatives for Palestine 0
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 141
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier 93
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 92
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 89
- .@presidentaoun folds under pressure from long-running pro-Israel crusade against Northeastern SJP http://t.co/mcdbIAyNoV, 31 mins ago
- RT @AliAbunimah: I condemn @presidentaoun’s police repression, censorship of @Northeastern students advocating for Palestinian rights http://t.co/tojE1bipST, 39 mins ago
- RT @MichaelLevin11: Jewish student at Northeastern U receives death threats ostensibly because of Palestine solidarity work http://t.co/Kh8oFtFVFJ via @intifada, 44 mins ago
- RT @USACBI: URGENT ACTION! @NortheasternSJP BANNED on campus, students face charges. Stop this attack! Call, email, sign here: http://t.co/feLSwxyD08, 44 mins ago
- RT @TheDersh: I just learned @AliAbunimah has invaded Newark while @DavidSheen is in NYC. If @MaxBlumenthal were in CT, there'd be a tri-state Caliphate., 45 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘NPR’ denies the Nakba (4)
- Les: Let us not forget Seigel’s hosting one of Israel’s most prominent racists, Avigdor Lieberman. NPR...
- Woody Tanaka: I suspect you’re right. One of the defining features of the zionist pathology is the fact that...
- Cliff: Old yuppie well-fed Zionist [...] ignores impact of Nakba in creating a Jewish majority? That is definitely...
- Zirin challenges sportswriters to report Israeli violence against Palestinian soccer players (28)
- United Methodist General Board of Church & Society issues call to boycott SodaStream (1)
- American: This is good. But I wish they would expand the boycott to other Isr products as well. There is a site...
- J Street cheerleading for Kerry features Congressman warning Palestinians will demand the vote if two states fails (18)
- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism (26)
- piotr: “Imperial Ambition” versus “Neoconservative hubris”? My first thoughts were exactly that: what is the...
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran (30)
- Citizen: @ bilal a It’s now 2 days since your comment; I found no major or even semi-major media or press...
- ‘NPR’ denies the Nakba (4)
Author Archives: David Samel
Sharon’s effective death in 2006 notwithstanding, his long vegetative state delayed his obituaries for years, and I was most anxious to see how his death would be covered in mainstream outlets like the New York Times. As it turns out, Ethan Bronner’s Times obit was worse than I could have imagined.
Having seen his views on international law repeatedly spurned by actual international lawyers, Dershowitz has lost patience. He now asks, Who needs international law anyway? In a recent talk at the Institute of National Strategic Studies in Tel Aviv, Dershowitz described international law as “a construct in the mind of a bunch of left wing academics. There is no basis for international law in any reality. It’s not based on legislation. Much of it is not based on treaty. It is the ultimate exercise in elitist nondemocracy.”
As expected, Alan Dershowitz responded to the American Studies Association support of BDS movement’s by smearing the voters as anti-Semitic.
Beinart demands equality for the Cheney sisters, but is ‘willing to compromise’ equality of Palestinian Israelis
As Peter Beinart leaves Open Zion to pursue writing about other subjects of interest, he has taken an uncompromising stance against Liz Cheney’s grudging tolerance of her sister’s sexual orientation. It’s nice to see Beinart take such a strong stand on equality. Too bad he does not feel it should be a universal principle.
In a series of recent blog posts, MJ Rosenberg has unleashed a shocking stream of invective directed against Ali Abunimah, including: “I believe that Ali Abunimah would be ecstatic if Israel was destroyed, blown off the face of the earth, along with every one of its people because, after all, the Jews in Palestine are, by definition, Zionists, even the kids.” Rosenberg should take a step back and re-evaluate. He owes Abunimah and his readership an apology.
John Kerry’s case for military action against Syria would have paved the way for Russia to unilaterally attack Israel in the wake of Israel’s assault on Gaza in 2008-2009.
Worldwide poll finds Iran least popular country; American-Iranian Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) complains of delegitimization
A newly released poll of 26,000 respondents in 25 countries reveals that Iran is the least popular country in the world. The poll, commissioned by the BBC World Service, found that only 15% considered Iran to have a positive influence in international affairs, while 59% gave it a negative rating.
Fresh from its triumph in exposing the Mohammed al-Dura death hoax, a secret Israeli Government Commission is nearing the completion of an even more comprehensive investigation absolving the IDF of all deaths of civilians in Lebanon in 2006, Gaza in 2008-2009, the Mavi Marmara in 2010, and Gaza in November, 2012.
“Archbishop Desmond Tutu is one of the most evil men in the world. He never condemns China, rarely Zimbabwe or any other county, it’s only Israel,” says Alan Dershowitz. Then why did Tutu call for the world to boycott the Olympics in China in 2008? The record shows clearly that Tutu has criticized Zimbabwe and China repeatedly
I was alerted by Glenn Greenwald’s column yesterday to this extraordinary short piece at Left Foot Forward entitled “So why did Stephen Hawking think it was ok to visit Iran and China?” The author’s accusation of hypocrisy that we have heard so often is nothing new, but the sophistication of the numerous commenters who destroy the “What about X?” argument is very encouraging.
This Thursday, Peter Beinart and Alan Dershowitz will once again square off on the subject of Zionism at CUNY, a debate that promises to cover a spectrum of opinion from A to B. It is unclear exactly what new ground they will cover, having debated at least twice before, but one thing that is for certain is that Dershowitz will use the occasion to unveil newer and better lies. There is no shortage of exposés of his breathtaking dishonesty, and Dershowitz keeps the lies coming fast and furious, so someone has to keep up with the Great Fabricator. Here are three major whoppers from last year’s Martha’s Vineyard debate with Beinart.
In attacking a conference on homonationalism and pinkwashing which makes the mistake of including Israel among 32 countries under scrutiny, Alan Dershowitz unrolls dubious claims regarding Israeli soldiers and rape
A few months ago, Netanyahu’s presentation to the United Nations of a fourth-grader’s drawing dramatizing Iran’s imminent nuclear weapons capability drew gales of laughter. But maybe it was successful after all.
It’s award season, with the recent Golden Globes and Grammy telecasts and lots of buzz about the upcoming Oscars, so it’s no wonder that the Pentagon didn’t want to be left out of the fun. That’s why they’ve come up with a new medal to award for “extraordinary achievement” in the field of drone warfare.
‘NYT’ runs op-ed by Israel lobbyist in human rights garb, saying Palestinians are too corrupt to deserve a state
Robert Bernstein, apostate from Human Rights Watch, started Advancing Human Rights, an Israel lobby organization, and it now has an op-ed in the NYT
People often comment that Dershowitz is a clown who does not deserve the time and effort to discredit him. I could not disagree more. He remains a highly influential public figure on matters pertaining to Israel and Palestine, commanding an audience at the White House and filling lecture halls regularly. Give the devil his due. He has great rhetorical skills, thinks quickly on his feet, and in my opinion can on occasion out-debate far worthier opponents. He remains a rock star of pro-Israel advocacy. His brazen hypocrisy and serial dishonesty should be challenged regularly.
The US used a bogus vaccination program in Pakistan as a cover for seeking DNA samples that might lead to bin Laden. So no wonder 9 UN vaccination workers were killed in Pakistan this week
Is the Nazi analogy appropriate for Israeli conduct? Certainly the apartheid one is. And Vietnam helps too…
Dani Dayan should be taken seriously in his plea for continuation of the status quo in Israel/Palestine.
NY Times ‘confirms’ Hezbollah/Iran connection to Bulgaria attack by quoting unnamed American ‘officials’
The NYT shills for Netanyahu’s claim that Hezbollah perpetrated the Bulgarian terrorist attack
This morning, there was a segment on Democracy Now about the recent recommendation of an Israeli government commission that Israel’s West Bank settlements be deemed legal, deemed an “authoritative document” by Infrastructure Minister Uzi Landau.
Righteous allies! US officials blame Koran-burning protests in Afghanistan on Iranian agents. And Ehud Barak says that Israel won’t tolerate illegal facts on the ground in the West Bank. OMG!
In an ironic and even perverse twist, Meir Kahane, the diehard unapologetic racist criminal, knew what most liberal Zionists are refusing to recognize — “Jewish and democratic state” is an oxymoron.
In his latest Haaretz column, Bradley Burston dares to go where he has never gone before, taking the first tentative steps toward consideration of the one-state solution.
Norman Finkelstein expresses certainty that the two-state solution remains achievable, but his argument contains several serious flaws.