- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 13
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 15
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 35
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 2
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 13
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 15
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 674
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 311
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 75
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 8 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 13 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 13 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 13 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 13 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (49)
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (15)
- Donald: I haven’t looked it up, but I think some neocons in the US attacked Jacobo Timmerman when he...
- Donald: “You are considerably understating the support Israel gave to Rios Montt.” Sigh. I wrote a very...
- Sumud: How to spot a ‘liberal zionist’ in a car. Blinker to the left, when time to move, turn to the right. Very...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (35)
- Annie Robbins: hadn’t heard of it till now. how come you didn’t email us yesterday? this is dated the...
- Citizen: Barbara Boxer voted against both wars on Iraq. She was also anti-war during Vietnam Era, before her...
- Annie Robbins: wow MY ASSUMPTION IS that Isakson, Chambliss and AIPAC (and/or possibly the Israel Project) made a...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (13)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Allison Deger
- Annie Robbins
- Alex Kane
- Today in Palestine
- Phan Nguyen
Author Archives: David Bloom
Yesterday I met two Arab intellectuals, Mustapha Tlili and Ambassador Clovis Maksoud, during a taping for Press TV and was struck afresh by how upset the Arab world is over Gaza. I don’t think this is fully understood in the…
Our mail is pouring in on “60 Minutes.” Viewers have never seen ANYTHING like this on mainstream television before. They are grateful. We are too. We must honor Bob Simon/CBS for a heroic piece of journalism. Myself I loved seeing…
Tony Kushner: It is immensely important for Jews of conscience not to remain silent under pressure from the Jewish community
“Catastrophically misguided and incomprehensible policy,” the great Kushner tells Democracy Now, at a JATO demonstration last night in the cold in New York. It has gotten easier to speak out within the Jewish community in the last few years, says…
The International Solidarity Movement reports that Gazan households are getting phone calls from the Israeli Ministry of Defense warning that “any house that has guns or weapons will be targeted next without further warning or any announcement.” From the ISM:…
what the Occupation is like. Here is a disgusting tale of soldiers shooting up a West Bank town at 1:45 in the morning with random firings, to show off to a girl, or because they’re drunk. And here, from the…
“I hope that in the next century we will come to terms with our abysmal ignorance of the Muslim world. Muslims aren’t a bunch of wackos and nuts. They are decent, brilliant, talented people with a great civilization and traditions…
Real journalism. Matt Kalman of the San Francisco Chronicle has done a piece on dialogue programs between Israelis and Palestinians, like Seeds of Peace, and concluded that nothing happens. The NGOs that set up these meetings, in faraway lands, are…
The other day I wrote about what I loved about Israel. This is why Israel is a sick society. Unarmed Palestinian fishermen, shot at by Israeli soldiers on the sea, with brio. Jews Sans Frontieres says this video has shown…
David Bloom tells me that Richard Witty challenged me to say something nice about Israel. I can’t get on my site for some reason, but it’s a fair question. I’ve only been to Israel 10 days in my life. (Want…
Last week Dan Fleshler said that the Israeli soldier at the checkpoint is also a victim of the occupation, and earlier today I posted a video in which an Israeli soldier cries out in pain at the actions of settlers…
Haaretz has an article calling Tzipi Livni, who looks to be the next Prime Minister, Israel’s Obama. Not just one article I see, but two. Memo to Israel: Blacks were enslaved in the U.S. The Constitution counted them at 3/5ths…
Lev Leviev, the settlements and diamond czar, is back in the crosshairs. Pressure is mounting on the British government to cancel plans it has made to rent space for its embassy in Tel Aviv from a company owned by Leviev….
My friend David Bloom knows far more about Israel/Palestine issues than I do. He has made the following smart responses to Israel defenders Steve F. and Richard Witty: I. Steve’s invocation of Nasrallah & moderation reminded me of the following….