- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 2
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 29
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 15
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 8
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 5
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 3
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 8
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 56
- Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Avigdor Lieberman bombs everywhere but in The New York Times 0
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 0
- Introducing Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Khan): A superhero to counter … 0
- ‘New Republic’ writer claims Jews have ‘self-critical intellectual space’ on … 0
- Interview with Dr. Haidar Eid: ‘The Palestinian struggle is not … 0
- A loving remembrance of Peter Kaplan 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 194
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 117
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @theIMEU: Photo: Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. (18 July, 1918 - 5 December, 2013) http://t.co/Xb5NDwrWYO, 1 hour ago
- RT @AliAbunimah: .@ADL_National is that why you spied on the anti-apartheid movement for the white supremacist regime?, 1 hour ago
- RT @imraansiddiqi: This. https://t.co/vklNcXoWI6, 1 hour ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: "Yes, all of us need to do more in supporting the struggle of the people of Palestine for self-determination"- Nelson #Mandela #RIP, 2 hours ago
- RT @ZaidJilani: If you don't believe me that American support for Israel and South Africa is analogous, watch this debate from 80s http://t.co/noYBMqABPt, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (8)
- Annie Robbins: With all us guys and gals on the sidelines. and you’re at the top of that list w.jones, w/over...
- gamal: I liked that too, we are nothing if not aspirational, Esau is our forebear.
- LeaNder: Almost missed this, Great!!! As a Jewish woman who bears no ill will to her people, she had swept the field...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (27)
- Annie Robbins: keith, to begin with, you’re making a lot of assumptions i wouldn’t make and that i think...
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution (2)
- pabelmont: Yes and I hope the Cornell SJP and all the others will protest that existing close relationship as well...
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (15)
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry (29)
- Shingo: None of them. Though I object more to the US puppet dictators
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (8)
- Annie Robbins: It would have been interesting if one of the students had advanced that one of the lovers be an...
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond Tree’ was to shine a light on Palestinian suffering and help bring about peace (194)
- Hostage: How about Leon Uris’ Exodus? That’s a very apt example. I finished part one and self-published it on...
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (8)
Author Archives: David Shasha
In the current media discourse the actual culture and history of the Arab Jews is completely ignored in favor of a bare-knuckles political approach that marks Jews and Arabs as separate categories. The narrative is one that has been constructed by the Zionists and leaves out the existential and cultural substance of the Sephardic community.
Shasha: “Purim is thus an affirmation of the Diaspora whereas Hanukkah was a commemoration of the restoration of Jewish sovereignty in the land of Israel.”
A response to our recent post on food magazines labeling Arabic food “Israeli” which rested on the false assumption that Jews cannot be Arabs.
Alan Dershowitz stands up for Joe Paterno’s inaction on the Sandusky case despite demanding collective responsibility for Palestinians.
1. The Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, a Hebrew word meaning “to dedicate,” is a minor Jewish festival with no Biblical source. 2. Hanukkah is a historical holiday that commemorates the Jewish defeat of the Seleucidite Syrian Greeks in 165 BCE … Continue reading