- Northeastern University SJP chapter suspended as members are subjected to … 2
- Six Palestinians killed in 24 hours by Israeli forces 7
- J Street cheerleading for Kerry features Congressman warning Palestinians will … 5
- Zirin challenges sportswriters to report Israeli violence against Palestinian soccer … 24
- Michael Ratner’s journey away from Zionism 25
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in … 29
- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at … 7
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran 29
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- 2013 was record year in new settlement construction, and 2014 … 0
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics 0
- Conservatives for Palestine 0
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 141
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier 93
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 92
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Six Palestinians killed in 24 hours by Israeli forces http://t.co/1Pd5ziFxW9, 10 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: "How do we oppose a demand for one person, one vote?” Congressman Jerry Nadler summarizes the liberal Zionist quandry http://t.co/QtIemdtXzU, 11 hours ago
- RT @CornellSJP: Protect free speech on campus! http://t.co/RvdWb9G5UR @WRFIRadioNews @SJPNational, 11 hours ago
- J Street cheerleading for Kerry features Congressman warning Palestinians will demand the vote if two states fails http://t.co/LdipMdfzNR, 13 hours ago
- Dave Zirin (@EdgeofSports) challenges sportswriters to report Israeli violence against Palestinian soccer players http://t.co/Uw93TXGyFz, 15 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Northeastern University SJP chapter suspended as members are subjected to police interrogation (2)
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East (29)
- talknic: And of course the notion that Israel has only 20% Arabs is a blatant falsehood. By 1950 the population of...
- Walid: “I am an independent person and a Zionist from my own free choice.” Spoken like other Iraqis that...
- Walid: “… the exilarch was greeted by the Muslims in Baghdad with the cry: “make way for our lord, the...
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (87)
- just: I guess you did not read the article. “I have not been able secure permission from the event’s planners...
- J Street cheerleading for Kerry features Congressman warning Palestinians will demand the vote if two states fails (5)
- Six Palestinians killed in 24 hours by Israeli forces (7)
Author Archives: David Shasha
Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East
Emily L. Hauser’s recent blogpost for the Forward, “How ‘De-Arabizing’ Christians Serves Israel” is another example of liberal Ashkenazi Jews showing their concern for Palestinian Arabs while at the same time ignoring Arab Jews. The process of “De-Arabization” that is discussed in the article is actually one that began with the immigration of Jews from the Middle East in the 1950s.
In the current media discourse the actual culture and history of the Arab Jews is completely ignored in favor of a bare-knuckles political approach that marks Jews and Arabs as separate categories. The narrative is one that has been constructed by the Zionists and leaves out the existential and cultural substance of the Sephardic community.
Shasha: “Purim is thus an affirmation of the Diaspora whereas Hanukkah was a commemoration of the restoration of Jewish sovereignty in the land of Israel.”
A response to our recent post on food magazines labeling Arabic food “Israeli” which rested on the false assumption that Jews cannot be Arabs.
Alan Dershowitz stands up for Joe Paterno’s inaction on the Sandusky case despite demanding collective responsibility for Palestinians.
1. The Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, a Hebrew word meaning “to dedicate,” is a minor Jewish festival with no Biblical source. 2. Hanukkah is a historical holiday that commemorates the Jewish defeat of the Seleucidite Syrian Greeks in 165 BCE … Continue reading