- How Israel militarized social media 0
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 2
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 1
- Gaza massacre is generating ideological crisis in American Zionists 19
- Avishai says we misrepresented his views 0
- Israeli forces shell UN school where displaced Palestinians gathered, killing … 36
- Berkeley rabbi mounts a soapbox in my living room 0
- Why Israel’s legal justifications for ‘Operation Protective Edge’ are wrong 11
- Heathcote Williams: ‘An Old Man and a Young Man in … 0
- CNN headline: “100 people killed today in Israel, Gaza fighting” 0
- Lacking bomb shelters, Israel’s Bedouins advised to ‘protect themselves by … 0
- The other side of history 0
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 0
- Democrat Eliot Engel appears at pro-Israel rally featuring anti-Muslim activist … 0
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 0
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 238
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 127
- RT @jaketapper: @IDFSpokesperson have you seen this? Any comment? Are the numbers accurate? https://t.co/C38GIGKvZR, 17 mins ago
- RT @reftpt: "They don’t see Palestinians as subjects in the struggle...only...themselves" MT @Mondoweiss: The Israeli left http://t.co/Kl5B2enonT #Gaza, 33 mins ago
- RT @Jafrudi007: An analysis of legal justifications for ‘Operation Protective Edge’ by #Israel http://t.co/CLkBw3WuXg via @Mondoweiss, 33 mins ago
- How Israel militarized social media http://t.co/ahPbx5v4oT #GazaUnderAttack http://t.co/02OcoA9kKv, 35 mins ago
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in Gaza http://t.co/wsVUdHq3uy #GazaUnderAttack http://t.co/PYgeS61O3D, 46 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Eleanor Kilroy
Are Israel and the US waging a Zionist-imperial proxy war against the Assad government in Syria? It does not matter if they are, the people of Syria are rising
How many of you are uncomfortable with the phrase ‘oppression of Palestinians’? In the packed room, just a few heads nodded
Celebrated British broadcaster John McCarthy was held hostage in Lebanon 25 years ago. Now he is narrating the Nakba to a sympathetic audience at the West Cork Literary Festival
Get foreign foodbloggers like David Lebovitz to fall in love with Israel, and they will forgive the country if it ‘does something wrong’
Prominent foodblogger who celebrated Israeli cuisine was hosted by org aimed at turning around country’s image
Vibe Israel is funded by granddaughter of disgraced Conservative English politician Shirley Porter. It helped pay for foodblogger David Lebovitz to trumpet Israel
Imagine three war criminals in one room
Yesterday, protesters disrupted a performance of ‘The Merchant of Venice’ by Israel’s National Theatre, Habima at Shakespeare’s Globe in London. The response from security and the audience was brutal leading one theater critic to write they had ‘never been in theatrical situation where I’ve felt more intimidated & surrounded by hate.’
It wasn’t the German language that went crazy, Hannah Arendt explained. Israeli prize winner calls German a language of murderers
Eleanor Kilroy compares Palfest and the Jerusalem International Writers Festival.
Belligerent powers in the west are pinkwashing their actions, in a bath of lifestyle liberalism
Things are unravelling for Israel’s apologists
Writers at int’l fest who tour East Jerusalem are gulty of ‘colonial voyeurism’, says Palestinian boycott committee
Rejecting boycott, Tom Rob Smith and Tracy Chevalier prepare for Jerusalem International Writers Festival
The Jerusalem International Writers Festival is sponsored by the Jerusalem Foundation which, together with the Jerusalem municipality and settler organizations, is responsible for projects of ethnic cleansing in Jerusalem.
The Israeli national theater’s excuse for performing in Israeli settlements — we have to, by law — is being undermined
Jerusalem writers fest requires speakers to submit speeches for review in effort to avoid criticism of Israel
Director of the writers festival, Tal Kremer, said on Monday that “in light of what happened with Nir Baram [at the 2010 festival], we asked this year’s authors to give us the text of their speeches.”
Cynthia Ozick’s negative statements about Palestinians have had racist overtones, something the media overlook in covering her contention for a big literary prize
“Artists should create bridges where there is conflict,” complained Habima’s artistic director, Ilan Ronen, to the Observer two weeks ago, in response to the boycott of Israel’s national theatre company that performs in the illegal West Bank settlement of Ariel. Habima’s bridge-making offer should be treated with suspicion as it is courtesy of the Israeli state; on Thursday The Jewish Chronicle boasted that the Israeli Foreign Ministry, informed by the JC about a £10,000 funding shortfall at Habima, “has promised to make sure that any financial difficulties are covered to make sure the company is able to perform in London”.
British playwright David Edgar refuses to sign an artists’ letter on boycotting an Israeli theater because he buys specious argument that it will end with boycott of Jewish stores
Emma Thompson and Mark Rylance have been vilified for supporting boycott of Israeli theater group Habima invited to Globe festival
Emma Thompson among group of prominent British actors calling on Globe theatre to withdraw invite to Israeli National Theatre
UK groups have for three months been pressing Shakespeare’s Globe to withdraw its festival invitation to Habima in response to the Palestinian call to boycott Israeli cultural institutions, and now a group of prominent actors, playwrights and directors have published … Continue reading
The wrong lesson from Syria: It’s OK to kill another ethnic population. But not your own.
Translation of a statement by a coalition of prominent Syrian cultural figures that was first published in the online edition of French newspaper Le Monde at the end of January.
A fine stand American novelist Paul Auster is taking: boycott a country (in this case, in its entirety – no time for selective boycotts), and you can help expose, and attract immediate international condemnation for human rights violations. Auster to … Continue reading
Unlike many post-Oslo normalization programs that claim to promote peaceful co-existence and respect the ‘Green Line’ – thereby obfuscating the reality of colonial power relations –, the case of the Israeli national theater company Habima presents event organizers and the … Continue reading
In a Guardian review of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (IPO) at the BBC Proms, and referring to the boycott protests that disrupted their concert in London’s Royal Albert Hall on Thursday, classical music critic Erica Jeal praises IPO conductor, Zubin Mehta, … Continue reading
“We will picket the Proms” promised Palestine solidarity activists who had responded to a Palestinian call for a boycott of the BBC Proms concert by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (IPO) in London. When the concert went ahead this evening, more than 40 protesters gathered … Continue reading