- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 25
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 6
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 13
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 47
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 8
- Man of zeal? 25
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 33
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 8
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 0
- In 1990 ‘Nightline’ town hall, Jewish leaders call Mandela ‘hypocritical’ … 0
- The Jewish establishment refused to embrace Mandela in 1990 0
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 0
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 0
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 0
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 0
- On the death of Nelson Mandela: a dissenting opinion 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 127
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 105
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 62
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- RT @maxberger: .@Mondoweiss brilliantly raising money to send Bibi Netanyahu to Nelson Mandela's funeral http://t.co/7eCKUKS5N2, 9 hours ago
- Avigdor Lieberman at #Saban13: The term “occupation” is a “prejudicial, biased approach to the problem” http://t.co/5eRrw0deRQ, 10 hours ago
- RT @SPJPSwarthmore: Congratulations to Swarthmore Hillel! Here's @Mondoweiss's report of their actions http://t.co/3an9wV6z64, 10 hours ago
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for 'state institutions' and 'transition' at #Saban13 http://t.co/5eRrw0deRQ, 11 hours ago
- RT @markperrydc: #Bibi: going to SA "too costly." Last yr he spent $1700 on candles, 23k on flowers and 31k on gardening http://t.co/eSD6kpZP7k, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (25)
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! (47)
- Eva Smagacz: When trying to donate, I get send to Paypal, and when I confirm purchase it just takes me back to...
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as it did with ‘Grapes of Wrath’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ (33)
- bilal a: Profit comes before public opinion , Israel’s right wing shift is a cash cow to the defense...
- Shmuel: Quite possibly, the percentage of Zionist among Yidish speakers is much lower than among the “general...
- Shmuel: Jews pray daily “May the informers have no hope”? Orthodox Jews anyway. Other denominations have changed or...
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses US/Israel demands (13)
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (105)
- Walid: James, not that they are right or that it’s justified, but Israel will never ever leave the Jordan...
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical (86)
- Sibiriak: Hostage: .. the government did not accept the idea that apartheid could be made into a crime against...
Author Archives: Ben Lorber
Ibrahim Bornat, an activist from Bil’in, was standing next to Mustafa Tamimi when he was shot by the Israeli military. Here is what he saw.
Two Palestinian youth football teams play under threat from local settlers and the Israeli military.
On the third floor of the Nablus Municipality Library sits a room of over 8,000 books set apart from the rest. They are books that lived with generations of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons.
An interview with Neturei Karta’s Rabbi Meir Hirsh on the group’s theology and political outlook on Zionism & the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Over 1,000 supporters joined 700 settlers in Hebron this weekend to celebrate a bible passage they say gives Jews sovereignty over the city.
Israel’s control, and destruction, of Palestinian Bedouin water wells in the Jordan Valley provides a microcosm of the oppressive occupation.
The upcoming Freedom Rides has tethered itself very tenuously to an event in the past, and has thereby taken a stand in a historical legacy that leaves itself highly open to interpretation. Says Palestinian youth activist and organizer Fadi Quran, “this year marks the … Continue reading
In the immediate aftermath of the illegal capture of the Freedom Waves flotillas, Israel’s public image has been tarnished, as reports of violence at sea surface to counteract its claims of a peaceful takeover, and as human rights cyber-resistance group … Continue reading
Editor note: The Occupy Wall Street press team send Ben Lorber the following email in response to questions regarding his post Flotilla controversy within Occupy Wall Street shows Palestine continues to be a fault line: ———- Forwarded message ———- From: Press <[email protected]> … Continue reading
At about midnight Palestinian time, all was quiet on the Mediterranean Sea. All reports coming from the Tahrir and Saoirse indicated that the two unidentified (possibly Israeli) ships and planes, which had been trailing the humanitarian vessels an hour before, … Continue reading
‘Freedom Waves to Gaza’ flotilla leaves Turkey headed to Gaza; Organizers: ‘It is time to lift the siege of Gaza which deprives 1.6 million civilians of their rights to travel, work, study, develop their economy and be free.’
On Wednesday, November 2, two international ships left the Turkish harbor to carry humanitarian aid through the Israeli blockade of Gaza. The event, called ‘Freedom Waves for Gaza’, unites 27 activists from 9 countries, including America, Canada, Denmark, Belgium, Germany and … Continue reading
As this year’s olive harvest sends Palestinian families across all of historic Palestine out to their olive trees, a new nonviolent resistance group called Refusing to Die In Silence is patrolling the West Bank, protecting harvesters from increased settler violence. … Continue reading
As pro-Palestinian discourse begins to make its voice heard in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement, right-wing organizations and individuals in the United States, including the Republican National Committee and the Emergency Committee for Israel, have denounced the protests as … Continue reading