- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 16
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 2
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 13
- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 16
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 83
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 28
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 0
- How Israel militarized social media 0
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 0
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 240
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 149
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @alhagar: .@Mondoweiss asks why Americans who fight for Israel are celebrated when Americans fighting for others are prosecuted http://t.co/RUDDjQfmFT, 25 mins ago
- RT @SashaSpark: Now is a great time to re-read this interview with @RobinDGKelley that @alexbkane did http://t.co/9foc9TcaXE, 58 mins ago
- RT @ThisIsGaZa: I always wanted to write for @intifada. I never thought it will be my Brother's death I write about. http://t.co/RzXAbTrjca #gazaunderattack, 2 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: Thanks @Colorlines' @jamilahking for posting about my 2012 interview on Palestine with @RobinDGKelley http://t.co/KCoAfb3bmD, 3 hours ago
- Statement: Over 140 legal experts & human rights defenders demand an end to Israel's collective punishment of Gaza http://t.co/1yAA8hSXWK, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Ben Lorber
We say ‘No More!’ to the racism, apartheid, and occupation being committed by the Israeli state in our name
A speech was given by Jews for Justice in Palestine, a Chicago-based collective working in solidarity with Palestinians in their struggle against Israeli occupation, at an emergency protest on Saturday. The demonstration was held to protest Israeli escalation in the West Bank and Gaza and the international media’s biased reporting on the events on the ground.
Ibrahim Bornat, an activist from Bil’in, was standing next to Mustafa Tamimi when he was shot by the Israeli military. Here is what he saw.
Two Palestinian youth football teams play under threat from local settlers and the Israeli military.
On the third floor of the Nablus Municipality Library sits a room of over 8,000 books set apart from the rest. They are books that lived with generations of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons.
An interview with Neturei Karta’s Rabbi Meir Hirsh on the group’s theology and political outlook on Zionism & the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Over 1,000 supporters joined 700 settlers in Hebron this weekend to celebrate a bible passage they say gives Jews sovereignty over the city.
Israel’s control, and destruction, of Palestinian Bedouin water wells in the Jordan Valley provides a microcosm of the oppressive occupation.
The upcoming Freedom Rides has tethered itself very tenuously to an event in the past, and has thereby taken a stand in a historical legacy that leaves itself highly open to interpretation. Says Palestinian youth activist and organizer Fadi Quran, “this year marks the … Continue reading
In the immediate aftermath of the illegal capture of the Freedom Waves flotillas, Israel’s public image has been tarnished, as reports of violence at sea surface to counteract its claims of a peaceful takeover, and as human rights cyber-resistance group … Continue reading
Editor note: The Occupy Wall Street press team send Ben Lorber the following email in response to questions regarding his post Flotilla controversy within Occupy Wall Street shows Palestine continues to be a fault line: ———- Forwarded message ———- From: Press <[email protected]> … Continue reading
At about midnight Palestinian time, all was quiet on the Mediterranean Sea. All reports coming from the Tahrir and Saoirse indicated that the two unidentified (possibly Israeli) ships and planes, which had been trailing the humanitarian vessels an hour before, … Continue reading
‘Freedom Waves to Gaza’ flotilla leaves Turkey headed to Gaza; Organizers: ‘It is time to lift the siege of Gaza which deprives 1.6 million civilians of their rights to travel, work, study, develop their economy and be free.’
On Wednesday, November 2, two international ships left the Turkish harbor to carry humanitarian aid through the Israeli blockade of Gaza. The event, called ‘Freedom Waves for Gaza’, unites 27 activists from 9 countries, including America, Canada, Denmark, Belgium, Germany and … Continue reading
As this year’s olive harvest sends Palestinian families across all of historic Palestine out to their olive trees, a new nonviolent resistance group called Refusing to Die In Silence is patrolling the West Bank, protecting harvesters from increased settler violence. … Continue reading
As pro-Palestinian discourse begins to make its voice heard in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement, right-wing organizations and individuals in the United States, including the Republican National Committee and the Emergency Committee for Israel, have denounced the protests as … Continue reading