- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 18
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 15
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 45
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 8
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 19
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 15
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 14
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 674
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 311
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 82
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 05/19/2013 - http://t.co/CEtLw0LHmv, 2 hours ago
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 15 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 20 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 20 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 20 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (63)
- irmep: I emailed several people in charge of fielding the survey, mentioning this discussion. Two of them responded...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (45)
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (18)
- talknic: RJL” if they butt into Israel’s business “ Israeli activities in territories “outside the...
- DICKERSON3870: P.P.S. RE: “AND, THE ‘JEWISH FEDERATION’ CLEARLY BACKS HAGEE” – me (from above) MY...
- tree: RJL, Ira is Jewish. Your assumption skills are as misguided as your intellectual skills. You seem incapable of...
- Exile and the Prophetic: Joseph Massad strikes again (12)
- yonah fredman: Massad’s essay is toxic. (It is poison with the purpose of poison rather than the purpose of...
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi Marmara (82)
- Hostage: Really? In August 1948 Emil Ghoury, a member of the Arab Higher Committee, the “Cabinet” of the Palestinian...
- Hostage: Have I cleared things up any? Yes, you’ve made it clear that you can’t tell the difference...
- pjdude: What invasion of israel there was no invasion I the war of Zionist aggression and conquest also known as the...
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (63)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Annie Robbins
- Alex Kane
- Alice Rothchild
- Ahmed Moor
Author Archives: Muhammad Idrees Ahmad
Video of CNN interview of Mohammed Rabah Suliman being disrupted by an Israeli attack.
Why is 97 percent of Homeland Security grant money going to Jewish organizations?
The latest in a dialogue about the Israel lobby theory. In his response to my criticism Stephen Maher oddly ends up repeating the same leaps of logic that I objected to in the first place. To wit: no one disputes the … Continue reading
Since its founding in 2001, The Electronic Intifada has earned a well-deserved reputation for being the most influential and effective voice for Palestinian rights. It is backed by a team of smart, savvy and committed individuals. Its co-founder Ali Abunimah is in my view an examplar of … Continue reading
Bret Stephens says that Arabs hate Lady Gaga more than settlements. But Lady Gaga is herself the creation of an Arab, one Nadir Khayat (aka RedOne). Still, one must refrain from passing hasty judgment: Bret Stephens may be right. Take … Continue reading
Chris Caldwell’s book on Islam in Europe is racist, and Idrees Ahmad accuses Scott McConnell of surfing on Islamophobia
Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: The Harman case appears to be the lobby’s most significant encounter with US law enforcement since its battles with the Department of Justice over Foreign Agent Registration Act registration under the Eisenhower and Kennedy administrations. And…
A lot of people are directing our attention to Rupert Murdoch’s speech to the American Jewish Committee, “I’m not Jewish but–” Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: Here is the transcript of Murdoch’s speech to the AJC. I found the following lines…
My friend Muhammad Idrees Ahmad has picked up Arundhati Roy’s harsh review of Slumdog which she dismisses as poverty porn. I’m not with her. This is not a political film. It’s a romance about destiny. And the dignity it has…
A student occupation at Strathclyde University in Scotland produced an agreement by Strathclyde to bring in 1-3 Palestinian students and not to renew a contract with an Israeli water company that supplies water to the school. An occupation at Manchester…
Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: Here is another former ally breaking with Chomsky over the lobby. M. Shahid Alam, a frequent target of the lobby (and Campus watch), has been described by Chomsky as one of the best development economists (and…
AC writes: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan walks off the stage at the World Economic Forum after challenging Shimon Peres on the war on Gaza (forward to about 1:01:00). Erdogan cites the Sixth Commandment, Avi Shlaim of Oxford University,…
Where are the American reporters who exposed Abu Ghraib? Why is Israel untouchable still in the U.S.? Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: Here are a few more antidotes to US media. The interview with Mark Regev towards the end of the…
Ralph Nader is emerging as a leading critic of the Israel lobby. Here in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, calling for the reinstatement of Jimmy Carter in the Democratic pantheon in the face of pro-Israel pressure: A sign that [Obama] is determined…
“Am I too sensitive or is this post by Martin Peretz just racist?” asks Muhammad Idrees Ahmad. No Idrees, you’re not too sensitive. The post responds to Jesse Jackson’s reported statements about Zionist control of U.S. foreign policy in Israel/Palestine….
Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: I must take issue with your generalizations about women’s place in Islamic societies. First of all, it rings a little hollow coming from the citizen of a country where a woman’s mere running for high office…
Idrees Ahmad responds re my post on The National’s coverage of the Syrian fundamentalist movement: I don’t quite understand why a Gulf newspaper criticizing Syria surprises you? Gulf states have long been hostile towards Syria, and this newspaper, frankly a…