- To my Jewish friend (you know who you are) 8
- Israel has detained 15-year-old American boy for 26 days; US … 2
- Memoir of a war survivor 0
- Video: If you voted for Hamas, Israel has a right … 96
- Where my bomb shelters at? 0
- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 29
- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 67
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 9
- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank 0
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? 0
- Iraqis flee Mosul under threat from ISIS 0
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza 0
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 0
- Israeli forces kill 3 during Gaza solidarity march in West … 0
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and … 0
- ‘The unity is stronger than ever’: Report from historic march … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 241
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 159
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 141
- RT @Reuters: A firefighter stands near a Gaza power plant after it was hit by shelling. Editor's Choice: http://t.co/dNQsYfUBlP http://t.co/QA0J7iA3G5, 24 mins ago
- RT @YousefAljamal: Gaza power plant is burning. Photo taken by my friend who lives near it #GazaUnderAttack http://t.co/FlPOo50p2R, 25 mins ago
- CBS Host: Palestinians Force Israel to Kill Kids http://t.co/zUW7NegtDs, 37 mins ago
- RT @ayeletw: I am Israeli. I love the country & many of the people. But this criminal war and occupation must end. I'm ready to give BDS a chance., 38 mins ago
- RT @tomgara: The cognitive dissonance between the first two paragraphs here and the two that follow is just mind-boggling. http://t.co/mulPG0IUEF, 42 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Muhammad Idrees Ahmad
Video of CNN interview of Mohammed Rabah Suliman being disrupted by an Israeli attack.
Why is 97 percent of Homeland Security grant money going to Jewish organizations?
The latest in a dialogue about the Israel lobby theory. In his response to my criticism Stephen Maher oddly ends up repeating the same leaps of logic that I objected to in the first place. To wit: no one disputes the … Continue reading
Since its founding in 2001, The Electronic Intifada has earned a well-deserved reputation for being the most influential and effective voice for Palestinian rights. It is backed by a team of smart, savvy and committed individuals. Its co-founder Ali Abunimah is in my view an examplar of … Continue reading
Bret Stephens says that Arabs hate Lady Gaga more than settlements. But Lady Gaga is herself the creation of an Arab, one Nadir Khayat (aka RedOne). Still, one must refrain from passing hasty judgment: Bret Stephens may be right. Take … Continue reading
Chris Caldwell’s book on Islam in Europe is racist, and Idrees Ahmad accuses Scott McConnell of surfing on Islamophobia
Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: The Harman case appears to be the lobby’s most significant encounter with US law enforcement since its battles with the Department of Justice over Foreign Agent Registration Act registration under the Eisenhower and Kennedy administrations. And…
A lot of people are directing our attention to Rupert Murdoch’s speech to the American Jewish Committee, “I’m not Jewish but–” Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: Here is the transcript of Murdoch’s speech to the AJC. I found the following lines…
My friend Muhammad Idrees Ahmad has picked up Arundhati Roy’s harsh review of Slumdog which she dismisses as poverty porn. I’m not with her. This is not a political film. It’s a romance about destiny. And the dignity it has…
A student occupation at Strathclyde University in Scotland produced an agreement by Strathclyde to bring in 1-3 Palestinian students and not to renew a contract with an Israeli water company that supplies water to the school. An occupation at Manchester…
Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: Here is another former ally breaking with Chomsky over the lobby. M. Shahid Alam, a frequent target of the lobby (and Campus watch), has been described by Chomsky as one of the best development economists (and…
AC writes: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan walks off the stage at the World Economic Forum after challenging Shimon Peres on the war on Gaza (forward to about 1:01:00). Erdogan cites the Sixth Commandment, Avi Shlaim of Oxford University,…
Where are the American reporters who exposed Abu Ghraib? Why is Israel untouchable still in the U.S.? Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: Here are a few more antidotes to US media. The interview with Mark Regev towards the end of the…
Ralph Nader is emerging as a leading critic of the Israel lobby. Here in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, calling for the reinstatement of Jimmy Carter in the Democratic pantheon in the face of pro-Israel pressure: A sign that [Obama] is determined…
“Am I too sensitive or is this post by Martin Peretz just racist?” asks Muhammad Idrees Ahmad. No Idrees, you’re not too sensitive. The post responds to Jesse Jackson’s reported statements about Zionist control of U.S. foreign policy in Israel/Palestine….
Muhammad Idrees Ahmad writes: I must take issue with your generalizations about women’s place in Islamic societies. First of all, it rings a little hollow coming from the citizen of a country where a woman’s mere running for high office…
Idrees Ahmad responds re my post on The National’s coverage of the Syrian fundamentalist movement: I don’t quite understand why a Gulf newspaper criticizing Syria surprises you? Gulf states have long been hostile towards Syria, and this newspaper, frankly a…