- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw … 8
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks … 6
- Israeli government kills plan to uproot Bedouin 6
- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against … 7
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse … 4
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 17
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 43
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 0
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 0
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 0
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 0
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 145
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 125
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 90
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 70
- RT @mattapuzzo: Missing American in Iran was working on unapproved CIA mission. Major mishaps. http://t.co/OHYO2b89p2 My last story with @adamgoldmanwp, 7 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, wins Best Film Award in Asia Pacific Screen Awards. http://t.co/XHPUkuYtMb #Film #Palestine, 7 hours ago
- RT @urihoresh: @Mondoweiss Minor correction: she is not the first MK to have been born in Ethiopia. Adiso Masala was the first., 8 hours ago
- RT @UpsideDownTweet: Mexicans Against Zionism http://t.co/UdVbW2UdS5, 9 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: @Mondoweiss @sjabulhawa I'm on board and Susan is in Philly. What do you say @SwatHillel?, 10 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (124)
- Shingo: You have no ability to see the Israeli side, the Israeli sufferings, the fact that we are the main victims...
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks like Gaza’ (6)
- Inanna: Yes it’s terrible when terrorists use children as human shields: In Gaza: http://www.haaretz.com/new...
- RoHa: I’d like to believe this is to give them a second chance to learn the basic rules: 1. Share everything....
- talknic: @ OlegR Uh huh…… Learning how to slaughter Palestinian toddlers must be tiring
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks of Jew-haters’ (18)
- Djinn: Off topic but not really…anyone else a bit sick of the cock sucker slander, it’s only pejorative...
- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw attention to Palestinian plight (8)
- Swarthmore Hillel stands by opening to anti-Zionists– as int’l org says, not ‘under our roof’ (46)
- Ellen: Jeff you are talking about trade of goods in a comercial arena, your LLC. Not a not-for-profit organization...
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more than Obama (17)
- James Canning: doug, if no deal is achieved (between P5+1 and Iran), and Iran continues to do what it had been...
- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against their own president (7)
- American: At that point one can either try to understand what another culture does or mislabel it based on their...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (124)
Author Archives: Ilene Cohen
For any active colonial enterprise, the answer is that no one may resist, not violently, not nonviolently—not in any way, because the business of a colonial power is to maintain itself as a colonial power. Israel is no different. Colonial powers do not acknowledge that there’s anything wrong with what they’re doing; indeed, they defend their actions as legal and just. Thus, it is the resistance that is the crime.
Dennis Ross says Israel should unilaterally take 8% of West Bank while stating ‘it has no intention of expanding into future Palestinian state’
Yesterday Dennis Ross was at it again in his role as Israel’s lawyer, arguing for his client in the New York Times on the opening day of the AIPAC annual conference in DC. It is a very disturbing and dishonest piece. Ross advocates for Israel and in return for giving away 8 percent of their land at the outset of a “process,” the Palestinians get nothing but more requirements for what they owe their occupiers.
The spokesperson for Israeli settlement communities authors an Op-Ed in the New York Times that reveals the ugly face of Israeli colonialism for all to see.
American Jewish organizations say they don’t want Israel on the program, Rabbi Eric Yoffie reports
Prior to the First Intifada in December 1987 Israelis used to boast about their “benign” occupation—indeed, the “most benign occupation” in the world. Following the outbreak of the First Intifada, that mantra disappeared from the discourse. But, when things are … Continue reading
Ilene Cohen regularly sends out emails to friends. This one got widely passed around, and in that spirit, she allowed us to publish it. –Editor. I have been in Jerusalem for the past two weeks visiting with Tamar, Uri, Nina, … Continue reading
Bernard Avishai’s article in Sunday’s NY Times Magazine reviews the status of the negotiations between Abbas and Olmert in 2008. At the time Olmert was a lame duck under threat of indictment for corruption and running a government revving up … Continue reading
Considering the reality of the occupation, why should the Palestinians continue with the peace talks farce? Mark Landler and Isabel Kershner’s article from today’s New York Times, updates the rocky state of the nonnegotiations. The Palestinians are being pressed by … Continue reading
Yes I just violated my anti-ethnocentric Yiddish policy in that headline. Apologies to everyone. Rosten: rigmarole. Akiva Eldar in Haaretz says that Obama will be basing his Israel/Palestine policy on the report by the 10 realist luminaries who say that…
The Guardian has published three videos with statements from Palestinians supporting allegations of Israeli war crimes in the Gaza assault. The Guardian says Israeli soldiers used Palestinian children as human shields for tanks, targeted medics and ambulances, and used drones…
Ilene Cohen writes: Richard Falk in this interview is, as always, unflappable and indefatigable. He is challenged by the BBC interviewer that the Israelis “dismiss” him because he is “biased,” and following the interview, an Israeli spokesperson is quoted as…