- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 7
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 1
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 9
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 13
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 14
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 3
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 38
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 50
- Passover for Palestine 0
- China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 0
- You know Israel’s in trouble when ‘NYT’ runs op-ed saying … 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 180
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 35 mins ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 3 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 3 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 4 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 4 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (38)
- Hostage: If the ICC is objective, then Israel has nothing to worry – its statutes are clear that ICC will only...
- Hostage: Therefore, logically, you shud agree to reverse those “futile” talks, i.e., what happened until today and...
- talknic: @ just “By the way, it’s against Jewish halachic law to destroy these trees” Deuteronomy 20:19
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (9)
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (13)
- lysias: Walter Duranty still lives. (Funny nobody mentions him so much these days, with Ukraine so much in the news.)
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving in US gov’t (50)
- lysias: Allen Dulles on the American people: Allen Dulles summarized his opinion about the American public at a...
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (7)
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (38)
Author Archives: Ilene Cohen
Netanyahu continues moving the goalposts – announces new settlement bloc Israel must keep in deal with Palestinians
Benjamin Netanyahu adds another settlement bloc to the list of parts of Palestine that Israel plans to keep.
For any active colonial enterprise, the answer is that no one may resist, not violently, not nonviolently—not in any way, because the business of a colonial power is to maintain itself as a colonial power. Israel is no different. Colonial powers do not acknowledge that there’s anything wrong with what they’re doing; indeed, they defend their actions as legal and just. Thus, it is the resistance that is the crime.
Dennis Ross says Israel should unilaterally take 8% of West Bank while stating ‘it has no intention of expanding into future Palestinian state’
Yesterday Dennis Ross was at it again in his role as Israel’s lawyer, arguing for his client in the New York Times on the opening day of the AIPAC annual conference in DC. It is a very disturbing and dishonest piece. Ross advocates for Israel and in return for giving away 8 percent of their land at the outset of a “process,” the Palestinians get nothing but more requirements for what they owe their occupiers.
The spokesperson for Israeli settlement communities authors an Op-Ed in the New York Times that reveals the ugly face of Israeli colonialism for all to see.
American Jewish organizations say they don’t want Israel on the program, Rabbi Eric Yoffie reports
Prior to the First Intifada in December 1987 Israelis used to boast about their “benign” occupation—indeed, the “most benign occupation” in the world. Following the outbreak of the First Intifada, that mantra disappeared from the discourse. But, when things are … Continue reading
Ilene Cohen regularly sends out emails to friends. This one got widely passed around, and in that spirit, she allowed us to publish it. –Editor. I have been in Jerusalem for the past two weeks visiting with Tamar, Uri, Nina, … Continue reading
Bernard Avishai’s article in Sunday’s NY Times Magazine reviews the status of the negotiations between Abbas and Olmert in 2008. At the time Olmert was a lame duck under threat of indictment for corruption and running a government revving up … Continue reading
Considering the reality of the occupation, why should the Palestinians continue with the peace talks farce? Mark Landler and Isabel Kershner’s article from today’s New York Times, updates the rocky state of the nonnegotiations. The Palestinians are being pressed by … Continue reading
Yes I just violated my anti-ethnocentric Yiddish policy in that headline. Apologies to everyone. Rosten: rigmarole. Akiva Eldar in Haaretz says that Obama will be basing his Israel/Palestine policy on the report by the 10 realist luminaries who say that…
The Guardian has published three videos with statements from Palestinians supporting allegations of Israeli war crimes in the Gaza assault. The Guardian says Israeli soldiers used Palestinian children as human shields for tanks, targeted medics and ambulances, and used drones…
Ilene Cohen writes: Richard Falk in this interview is, as always, unflappable and indefatigable. He is challenged by the BBC interviewer that the Israelis “dismiss” him because he is “biased,” and following the interview, an Israeli spokesperson is quoted as…