- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 29
- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 48
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 6
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 35
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 137
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 35
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, … 0
- Israel’s actions ‘unjustified’ in eyes of women, non-whites, Dems, indy’s, … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Photo: Message on Israeli shell headed to Gaza, ‘Thats for … 0
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 241
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 158
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @Mogaza: this is scary now. realy scary... the bombs are falling on residential areas! #GAZA, 7 hours ago
- RT @dancohen3000: Netanyahu called for vengeance and Israeli soldiers are taking it on Gazans https://t.co/9CyPpP60kz, 7 hours ago
- Can't tell if this is joke or not, but don't think it is --> Help make it happen Build the Third Temple on @indiegogo http://t.co/0PxvkASHcc, 8 hours ago
- RT @Daraghma1988: #BREAKING: News report the #Israeli occupation warplanes just bombarded the house of Ismail Haniyyah, Former #Palestinian Prime Minister., 8 hours ago
- RT @soysauce4peace: What a failure of humanity we are witnessing in Gaza. Mercy on all who remain., 9 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Institute for Middle East Understanding
As a result of the discriminatory system of ethnic privilege that Israel has instituted in the territories that it controls between the Jordan River and Mediterranean Sea, Palestinians living in different areas face different Israeli-imposed obstacles to exercising their rights to education and academic freedom.
Volume VI of the Institute for Middle East Understanding’s “facts on the ground” index tracks new settlement announcements, home demolitions and provocative statements from Israeli officials while the peace process grinds on.
Volume V of the Institute for Middle East Understanding’s “facts on the ground” index tracks new settlement announcements, home demolitions and provocative statements from Israeli officials while the peace process grinds on.
Volume III of the Institute for Middle East Understanding’s “facts on the ground” index tracks new settlement announcements, home demolitions and provocative statements from Israeli officials while the peace process grinds on.
Underpinning most home demolitions is Israel’s strategic goal of limiting the non-Jewish Palestinian population, or removing it altogether, from areas of the occupied territories and Israel proper. In particular, Israel wants to cement its hold over occupied East Jerusalem and the Jordan Valley in the West Bank, and to “Judaize” East Jerusalem and areas such as the Negev desert in southern Israel.
The Institute for Middle East Understanding has released the latest “Facts on the Ground Peace Index” to track Israeli actions on the ground since new talks were announced. While the first month of Israeli-Palestinian talks was marked primarily by a series of provocative announcements for new Israeli settlement construction, recent weeks have seen a continuation of demolitions of Palestinian homes in the occupied territories.
Background on Israel as a ‘Jewish state’ and the ongoing discrimination against Palestinian citizens of Israel
In recent months, Israeli and American officials have been increasingly vocal in demanding that the Palestinians must recognize Israel as a “Jewish state” as part of any peace agreement. On Monday it was reported that Israel and America’s insistence that a clause … Continue reading
Rashid Khalidi: Under Obama ‘there has been no real change in the fatally flawed policies of the U.S. in the region’
As Palestinians prepare to commemorate the Nakba and Israelis celebrated their Independence Day, tension between the U.S. and Israel over settlement construction in occupied East Jerusalem continues. To make sense of these and other developments, the Institute for Middle East … Continue reading