- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 2
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 31
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 17
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 15
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 6
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 3
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 11
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 56
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 0
- Avigdor Lieberman bombs everywhere but in The New York Times 0
- Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook 0
- ‘New Republic’ writer claims Jews have ‘self-critical intellectual space’ on … 0
- Introducing Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Khan): A superhero to counter … 0
- Contribute to Mondoweiss end of the year fundraiser and receive … 0
- What Comes Next: Towards a bi-national end-game in Palestine/Israel 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 194
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 120
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @imAK48: Fmr @NewIsraelFund Director & now Board member calls Nelson Mandela an "Israeli hero" http://t.co/cse8R6gP1r uhm > https://t.co/LMBVvZV4P7, 7 hours ago
- RT @IDFfan: .@Daroff @JeffreyGoldberg talking shop outside the White House http://t.co/MJIdfOjm94, 7 hours ago
- RT @joshnathankazis: Jewish groups on Mandela: Praise today, criticism in years past. http://t.co/tIKUTkkFcr, 7 hours ago
- RT @J_Insider: Top Tweets from White House Hanukkah Party - http://t.co/HsTs6t8jKz @Daroff @JerrySJFNA, 7 hours ago
- RT @theIMEU: Photo: Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. (18 July, 1918 - 5 December, 2013) http://t.co/Xb5NDwrWYO, 9 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (17)
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of Jews (120)
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry (31)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry” MY...
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex (28)
- Philip Munger: His Zionist legacy might make for a good essay, maybe even a book. But it is no more of a subject of...
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (15)
- Walid: Good report on al-Quds, David, thanks. In spite of everything that is being done to stunt the...
- Walid: “(You did remind them of مجنون لیلی , didn’t you?)” Hope Tom reads Arabic. It’s the Arabic...
- Walid: Miriam, a lot of things would change if people knew more about the people on the other side or at least...
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ writer explains (6)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “To understand the right of return, you must remember that Netanyahu proudly tweeted a foto...
Author Archives: Institute for Middle East Understanding
Volume III of the Institute for Middle East Understanding’s “facts on the ground” index tracks new settlement announcements, home demolitions and provocative statements from Israeli officials while the peace process grinds on.
Underpinning most home demolitions is Israel’s strategic goal of limiting the non-Jewish Palestinian population, or removing it altogether, from areas of the occupied territories and Israel proper. In particular, Israel wants to cement its hold over occupied East Jerusalem and the Jordan Valley in the West Bank, and to “Judaize” East Jerusalem and areas such as the Negev desert in southern Israel.
The Institute for Middle East Understanding has released the latest “Facts on the Ground Peace Index” to track Israeli actions on the ground since new talks were announced. While the first month of Israeli-Palestinian talks was marked primarily by a series of provocative announcements for new Israeli settlement construction, recent weeks have seen a continuation of demolitions of Palestinian homes in the occupied territories.
Background on Israel as a ‘Jewish state’ and the ongoing discrimination against Palestinian citizens of Israel
In recent months, Israeli and American officials have been increasingly vocal in demanding that the Palestinians must recognize Israel as a “Jewish state” as part of any peace agreement. On Monday it was reported that Israel and America’s insistence that a clause … Continue reading
Rashid Khalidi: Under Obama ‘there has been no real change in the fatally flawed policies of the U.S. in the region’
As Palestinians prepare to commemorate the Nakba and Israelis celebrated their Independence Day, tension between the U.S. and Israel over settlement construction in occupied East Jerusalem continues. To make sense of these and other developments, the Institute for Middle East … Continue reading