- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 2
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 3
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 8
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 10
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 8
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 25
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 49
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there http://t.co/9AbCKTTCIP, 6 hours ago
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 12 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, Apr 18
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, Apr 18
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there (10)
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (25)
- piotr: I am not sure if hypocrisy was the issue. The “common sense thinking” 100 years ago was...
- lysias: That was typical British hypocrisy. Britain wanted Jews in Palestine for imperial reasons: to provide a...
- lysias: Jews must need to kvetch Do Israeli Jews kvetch? Hasn’t Israel done its best to suppress Yiddish and...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (46)
- lysias: John Kerry, the head of the department in which Victoria Nuland is a high-ranking official.
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation (2)
- just: “He answered that the Israelis want the Palestinian to leave, that they want the land. But he also spoke...
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (8)
- MHughes976: Yes, indeed. I suppose that any decent prophet, especially in Marc’s view of the term, would make...
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (49)
- Scott: Hey, I thought Joy Reid pretty good. And Steele too. But Reid–she closed by saying Paul not popular...
Author Archives: Issa Khalaf
Naturally, the 9/11 terrorist attack was shocking, and naturally, as a human being and American, I felt empathy for the victims and their families, loved ones, and relatives left behind to deal with their losses. Naturally, people the world over … Continue reading
It’s true that the nauseatingly labeled state building endeavor, measured by institutional, economic and security functions and “performance” criteria that the “international community” demands of the Palestinians while coercing them into a fictitious “peace process,” long ago became little more … Continue reading
We know that Washington’s motivation for intervention in any guise is self-interest framed and justified, away from the public eye, within a larger geo-political and strategic context that drives the imperial paradigm. We also know that when moral and humanitarian … Continue reading
Here it was and still is, a golden opportunity to have shifted gears and realized those things the US claims constitute and enhance its interests—energy supplies, Palestinian-Israeli peace, reduction of terrorism. Instead, Arab peoples’ desire for democracy, ironically not because … Continue reading
NPR’s News Blog reported: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went out of her way Thursday to single out the Al Jazeera TV news network for its work in covering recent uprisings throughout the Middle East. “You’ve got a global—a set … Continue reading
As we bear witness to the daily, ever escalating, ever-unprecedented yet routine Israeli collective punishment and cruelty and torment inflicted on the Palestinians—men and women, young and old, boys and girls, children and infants, farm animals, fruit orchards, and olive … Continue reading
Virginia Tilley’s post, “Why the U.S. will not ‘do something’ about Palestine,” analyzing the complex relationship between US hegemony and the Israel lobby, was sobering and spot on. A couple of points are worth further clarification and elaboration. I’m not … Continue reading
Welcome to Palestine, even if it’s a century later. Now let’s reset the relationship. You came from faraway lands claiming an already inhabited one. Oppressed, massacred, and socially separated in Christendom/Europe, you felt as outsiders subject to anti-Semitic threats. Eventually, … Continue reading
Such a pall of darkness had overtaken the Arab lands for so long that one thought Arabs existed in a permanent malaise, a condition of corruption and authoritarianism, their regimes maintaining a lock down on their subject populations and their … Continue reading
Most of us who admire and respect Hanan Ashrawi are keen to hear her thoughts on the current Palestinian situation, especially on the recent, so-called Palestine Papers. In an Al Jazeera interview with David Frost, “Frost Over the World” on … Continue reading
The US and its Quartet partners want Palestinian-Israeli negotiations concluded by August 2011, coinciding with the date of Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad’s plan to declare a state. To convey the complexity of the issue, and the Palestinians’ fundamental dilemma … Continue reading
In August 2009, the Palestinian National Authority announced a plan, “Palestine: Ending the Occupation, Establishing the State,” by Salam Fayyad, for Palestinian statehood by summer 2011. Intimately aware that Israel is using negotiations to delay while it expands, the idea … Continue reading