- ‘The unity is stronger than ever’: Report from historic march … 27
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and … 12
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? 0
- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank 12
- Iraqis flee Mosul under threat from ISIS 6
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza 48
- Israeli forces kill 3 during Gaza solidarity march in West … 17
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 29
- You are not Alone: To Palestinians on July 20, 2014 0
- Watch: 9 Jewish activists arrested after occupying Friends of the … 0
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 0
- Mr. Modi– do not court apartheid Israel in my name 0
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis 0
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in … 0
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war 0
- US plays decisive role in Israel’s attack on Gaza 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 147
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @JennaBPope: Pro-Palestinian activists throwing red syrup on IDB Bank in NYC today. IDB helps fund the occupation. #FreePalestine http://t.co/r9c88hfKXp, 5 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: Inside Manhattan synagogue there is fundraiser for Israeli army. Outside people read names of those killed in Gaza http://t.co/HPJietW2Xs, 5 hours ago
- RT @imPalestine: My teacher and later my friend Refaat inspired me to be who I am today. I owe him my love for English. Israel killed his brother just now., 5 hours ago
- RT @YousefAlhelou: #GazaUnderAttack A new massacre, 11 people from AlNajjar family including 5 children, 3 women killed in the last... http://t.co/pNvoUzm0fC, 5 hours ago
- RT @ishaantharoor: The "deafening silence" around Hamas's proposed 10-year-truce http://t.co/R6EFAhXCgc, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: James Elliott
British Labour once fought apartheid in South Africa. Now it is its willing accomplice, witness the latest Friends of Israel dinner and speech by shadow foreign secretary Douglas Alexander
James Elliott reports from Hassan Karajah’s trial before a military court in Israel on Sunday, February 24th. Karajah, a Youth Organiser for the Stop the Wall campaign, was arrested over a month ago when the Israeli military raided his house in the middle of the night and is yet to be charged with any criminal offense. Elliott writes: “Hassan’s story is one of many, in fact one of thousands. Israel’s violation of Hassan Karajah’s fundamental human rights in its system of unjustifiable military courts is one of the many ways the Israeli occupation attempts to break the will of the Palestinian people.”
In the Jordan Valley, elements of Israel’s policy clearly go far beyond the legal definition of apartheid, The annexation of territory and imposition of impossible living standards on the Palestinians closely resembles ethnic cleansing.
There was a noticeable increase in British coverage of Israel’s occupation in January, with The Guardian and the BBC running stories on the string of recent killings by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) and Israel’s refusal to co-operate with the UN’s Human Rights Council. Whilst greater coverage of Israel’s killings in the occupied Palestinian territories is welcome, it must be noted that these events are not new in the slightest.
Students suffer as Israel denies Palestinian freedom of movement and education in the occupied territories
How long does it typically take university students to get to their morning lectures where you live? It might just be a matter of whether they decide to walk, cycle or take the bus. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case for Palestinian students in the West Bank who continue to face incredible difficulties in accessing education because of the movement restrictions of the Israeli occupation.