- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 33
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 6
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 16
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 56
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 8
- Man of zeal? 38
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 38
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 8
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 0
- In 1990 ‘Nightline’ town hall, Jewish leaders call Mandela ‘hypocritical’ … 0
- The Jewish establishment refused to embrace Mandela in 1990 0
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 0
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 0
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 0
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 0
- On the death of Nelson Mandela: a dissenting opinion 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 127
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 106
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 62
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- RT @drew3ooo: Spending too much on illegal settlements, Bibi doesn't have enough cash for Mandela's memorial. @Mondoweiss steps in! http://t.co/focgSxSwoY, 26 mins ago
- RT @Omar_Alnatour: Imagine seeing this on your front door. This is what Palestinians go through everyday. #UMMockEviction http://t.co/pxwAzcqFqT, 26 mins ago
- RT @zaynabon: Eviction notices that warn of home demolitions are intimidating, violent and humiliating. They SHOULD make us uncomfortable. #UMMockEviction, 26 mins ago
- RT @bint_JabaLya: Students in @umich dorms are waking up to these notices. #UMMockEviction http://t.co/sWxCdsp61l, 27 mins ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/10/2013 - http://t.co/0FU1ZsAMfx, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Man of zeal? (38)
- Walid: Relax, Shingo and Woody, I’m just having a bit of fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-X_m8QxQGeE
- Walid: TGIA, couldn’t tell if the picture was for me or for Kraus, but if for me, I’ve always preferred...
- Woody Tanaka: Oh, give it a rest. There is no connection between that story and this. (And calling this woman an...
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! (56)
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses US/Israel demands (16)
- Justpassingby: One of the best summary here ever.
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (33)
- Sibiriak: Allison Deger: Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday that Palestinian citizens of Israel are a...
- irmep: Wonder if Haim has bought up all available superdelegates for Hillary yet. Democracy in action....
- Sibiriak: Kathleen: How many months did Abbas agree to play along? What makes you so sure Abbas is not on board with...
- Man of zeal? (38)
Author Archives: James Elliott
British Labour once fought apartheid in South Africa. Now it is its willing accomplice, witness the latest Friends of Israel dinner and speech by shadow foreign secretary Douglas Alexander
James Elliott reports from Hassan Karajah’s trial before a military court in Israel on Sunday, February 24th. Karajah, a Youth Organiser for the Stop the Wall campaign, was arrested over a month ago when the Israeli military raided his house in the middle of the night and is yet to be charged with any criminal offense. Elliott writes: “Hassan’s story is one of many, in fact one of thousands. Israel’s violation of Hassan Karajah’s fundamental human rights in its system of unjustifiable military courts is one of the many ways the Israeli occupation attempts to break the will of the Palestinian people.”
In the Jordan Valley, elements of Israel’s policy clearly go far beyond the legal definition of apartheid, The annexation of territory and imposition of impossible living standards on the Palestinians closely resembles ethnic cleansing.
There was a noticeable increase in British coverage of Israel’s occupation in January, with The Guardian and the BBC running stories on the string of recent killings by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) and Israel’s refusal to co-operate with the UN’s Human Rights Council. Whilst greater coverage of Israel’s killings in the occupied Palestinian territories is welcome, it must be noted that these events are not new in the slightest.
Students suffer as Israel denies Palestinian freedom of movement and education in the occupied territories
How long does it typically take university students to get to their morning lectures where you live? It might just be a matter of whether they decide to walk, cycle or take the bus. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case for Palestinian students in the West Bank who continue to face incredible difficulties in accessing education because of the movement restrictions of the Israeli occupation.