- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 89
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 2
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 11
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 43
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 10
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 6
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 2
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 3
- Why are two Republican congressmen doing a walkabout on the … 0
- About that special relationship… 0
- Two desperate anti-Semitism charges, from Foxman and Boteach 0
- Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now … 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- It’s time to reveal the Israeli role in the US … 0
- ‘Secret’ London conference seeks to link BDS to… terrorism 0
- To reach the ‘moveable middle’ in Jewish life, you must … 0
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 110
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @aptly_engineerd: My friend's cousin, a US citizen, has been arrested by Israeli police for translating at protests. What democracy? http://t.co/EOVKhaPvry, 4 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: The smears leveled at me & others this week were not an assault, but a desperate defensive action by those terrified by the arc of history., 4 hours ago
- Updated: Remote-control weapon installed atop wall near Bethlehem may shoot water/skunk water instead of live ammo http://t.co/c2gMBYyA4J, 6 hours ago
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an http://t.co/c2gMBYyA4J, 6 hours ago
- RT @henrystreetedit: Israel arrests and detains US citizen, translator and student Mariam Barghouti http://t.co/wuB1Uusib4 #FreeMariam, 6 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an (11)
- Henry Norr: From “Remote-control machine gun repairs just got quicker” Jerusalem Post 5/24/2013...
- Sumud: Thanks Henry I was going to mention Cook’s article myself. FYI the original version at The National is...
- talknic: Most likely device like a water cannon http://www.maannews.net/images /PhotoViewer/275053.jpg
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (89)
- Philip Munger: My exchange with MJ today: Philip Munger @PhilipMunger @MJayRosenberg Is there a place in your heart...
- Donald: “If you want to limit the power of Zionist activism, then you have to change the paradigm for activism...
- talknic: yonah fredman Your concerns are so touching…. Say, Is anyone gonna die because of anything Max...
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality of occupation (6)
- David Samel: Just to add one thing. The Times headline reads “Mideast Tensions Sideline a Gazan Marathon...
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel (43)
- Sumud: Friedman has to maintain the fairy tale about the apartheid wall for 2 reasons: - Palestinians are savages...
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. She says no (3)
- dbroncos: … Watergate hit him “like a stomach punch” A punch that disappeared up to the elbow.
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in West Bank (10)
- talknic: Copies of the Privacy Act Waiver can be signed and safely in the hands of your family in advance.
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an (11)
Author Archives: James North
Narendra Modi, a politician who presided over anti-Muslim pogrom, may be India’s next leader, and U.S. cozies up to him
Will the United States continue to engage with India’s likely next leader, Narendra Modi, a man who presided over an anti-Muslim pogrom?
The theory of the ‘clash of civilizations,’ promulgated by the late Samuel Huntington (above) and once widely taken seriously, has been destroyed by events of the past few years in The Middle East
‘NYT Book Review’ publishes letter saying that Palestinians want to kill ‘all Jews.’ Would ‘NYT’ Book Review print such racism about any other people?
Maybe the NY Times should modify its famous slogan: “All the News That’s Fit to Hide,” after the paper buries Amnesty International’s report saying Israel is trigger-happy and killed 22 Palestinian civilians at protests in the last year
Outstanding journalists in India who write in English could replace Thomas Friedman overnight, improving the New York Times’s accuracy and saving it money.
What if, by some miracle, John Kerry’s negotiations lead toward a just settlement in Israel/Palestine?
The gloom today about the prospects for genuine democracy in Egypt may be premature, explains a distinguished scholar. Yes, the latest news from Egypt continues to depress. Three years after masses of brave demonstrators filled Tahrir Square, the new military government continues to arrest thousands of innocent people — with the apparent support of a majority of Egyptians. The security forces have libeled the Muslim Brotherhood as “terrorist,” despite no evidence, outlawed the organization and killed at least hundreds of its members. But doomsayers should look at European history.
The NYT leaves AIPAC and the Israel lobby out of an article describing the politics of legislation to scuttle Obama’s Iran deal. Jim Lobe tells you that right in his lead
Imagine a white supremacist southern senator dies — and ‘NYT’ leaves out black people’s views of him
Rudoren’s report on ‘Israeli’ views of Sharon leaves out 20% of Israelis
Are the American college presidents who speak out against the Israel boycott afraid of losing big donors if they keep quiet?
If you are an American mainstream reporter in Israel, you have a real challenge, just about every day. You have to wilfully ignore much of the news that is happening right around you. Max Blumenthal went everywhere in Israel/Palestine to dig out the truth about Israel in 2013 — a nation that is becoming more racist, more militarized, and more undemocratic.
You had to wait till the 16th paragraph of the New York Times front-page coverage of the American Studies Association vote for academic boycott of Israel to read a quote from a boycott proponent, Omar Barghouti.
Did the U.S. double-cross the Maldivian pro-democracy movement just so it could establish a military base there? Mohamed Nasheed, the dynamic, young, pro-environmentalist Muslim leader who had led race for presidency after the first round, lost by a couple of percentage points to the old regime’s candidate, Abdulla Yameen.
Yesterday a charismatic young politician came first in elections for Maldives president. But the army deposed him once and the government is postponing the final round of elections. And incompetence at the US State Department threatens Mohamed Nasheed, a progressive Muslim environmentalist leader.
Why is a well-known American journalist still covering up for Rwanda and Paul Kagame?
An Israeli mining magnate is robbing the poorest nation on earth
Canadian reporter shows that the ‘NYT’ was guided through a Potemkin village
America’s ‘newspaper of record’ continues to bungle the Congo story
A modest improvement today in the ‘NYT’s’ dismal coverage of the Congo disaster
A New York Times reporter romanticizes Congo “rebels’” and misses the bigger, awful story
America’s leading newspaper ignores the Gaza assault as part of the Israeli prime minister’s election campaign
Biden called Netanyahu Bibi over and over again in the debate last night– because the press does so. And when the press calls him “Bibi,” they humanize him in an affectionate way, making him out to be a bumbler– like one of the inept thieves in the movie Home Alone. When in fact he’s the prime minister of a militant and colonial state that imprisons thousands and that lately whitewashed the killing of a 23-year-old American woman
Big oil, gas and mining companies will now have to publish their payments to third world governments.
Language matters, and using the word “settlements” by itself is biased
Are other readers of the New York Times as enraged as I am by the latest piece from the paper’s new Jerusalem bureau chief, Jodi Rudoren? It’s a glowing profile of settler/colonist leader Dani Dayan, suitable for framing on the … Continue reading