- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 6
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 19
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 5
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 6
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 21
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 2
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 14
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa … 34
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Israel encouraging more Christians to join military service http://t.co/0wDVo4tpjY via @reuters, 2 hours ago
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron http://t.co/wblFK3LyLL http://t.co/0XGl6B9JuS, 2 hours ago
- Video: A Jew who visited Palestine responds to @nytimes assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews http://t.co/47nU3SMYpk, 3 hours ago
- Thx for following Mondo on Twitter. You can also "Like" us on Facebook https://t.co/mOwMwszPwT & get our daily email http://t.co/O00ZWDlALu, 3 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: A group of young people whose forebears come from Iqrit have enacted on their own terms the right of return http://t.co/wJ8sTJs9GH, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (21)
- David Samel: Thanks Brenda. I have an unnatural affection for sarcasm, which I sometimes overuse in my posts. My...
- brenda: “Contrast this uproar with the recent decision of the Israeli Supreme Court … Israel will...
- Philip Weiss: Great post, fascinating parallels. I got in an argument about this yesterday, a friend saying that BDS...
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (6)
- marty_mcfly: You both make excellent points and I’ve no doubt your hebrew is a lot better than mine! However I...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (61)
- talknic: @ giladg ““Die Stem”, which was the Afrikaner anthem, is part of the new Sth Arican anthem. Mandela...
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (2)
- David Samel: Great report, Alex and Allison. btw, the Palestinian commandos behind the 1972 Munich Olympics disaster...
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (19)
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern overturns Students for Justice in Palestine suspension (5)
- W.Jones: Yes, except I am not making a judgment about SJP’s decision.
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have scoffed at– Bryan Burrough (44)
- PilgrimSoul: Terry Gross is a propagandist, and a particularly vulgar one. I’ll not soon forget her asking...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (21)
Author Archives: James North
Pamela Paul, the editor of The New York Times Book Review, needs some help, and the Mondoweiss community can come to her assistance. Paul says that maybe the Book Review should have edited a letter it published that claimed “Palestinian Arabs have avowed as their goal the killing of all Jews.” Care to help them out?
Narendra Modi, a politician who presided over anti-Muslim pogrom, may be India’s next leader, and U.S. cozies up to him
Will the United States continue to engage with India’s likely next leader, Narendra Modi, a man who presided over an anti-Muslim pogrom?
The theory of the ‘clash of civilizations,’ promulgated by the late Samuel Huntington (above) and once widely taken seriously, has been destroyed by events of the past few years in The Middle East
‘NYT Book Review’ publishes letter saying that Palestinians want to kill ‘all Jews.’ Would ‘NYT’ Book Review print such racism about any other people?
Maybe the NY Times should modify its famous slogan: “All the News That’s Fit to Hide,” after the paper buries Amnesty International’s report saying Israel is trigger-happy and killed 22 Palestinian civilians at protests in the last year
Outstanding journalists in India who write in English could replace Thomas Friedman overnight, improving the New York Times’s accuracy and saving it money.
What if, by some miracle, John Kerry’s negotiations lead toward a just settlement in Israel/Palestine?
The gloom today about the prospects for genuine democracy in Egypt may be premature, explains a distinguished scholar. Yes, the latest news from Egypt continues to depress. Three years after masses of brave demonstrators filled Tahrir Square, the new military government continues to arrest thousands of innocent people — with the apparent support of a majority of Egyptians. The security forces have libeled the Muslim Brotherhood as “terrorist,” despite no evidence, outlawed the organization and killed at least hundreds of its members. But doomsayers should look at European history.
The NYT leaves AIPAC and the Israel lobby out of an article describing the politics of legislation to scuttle Obama’s Iran deal. Jim Lobe tells you that right in his lead
Imagine a white supremacist southern senator dies — and ‘NYT’ leaves out black people’s views of him
Rudoren’s report on ‘Israeli’ views of Sharon leaves out 20% of Israelis
Are the American college presidents who speak out against the Israel boycott afraid of losing big donors if they keep quiet?
If you are an American mainstream reporter in Israel, you have a real challenge, just about every day. You have to wilfully ignore much of the news that is happening right around you. Max Blumenthal went everywhere in Israel/Palestine to dig out the truth about Israel in 2013 — a nation that is becoming more racist, more militarized, and more undemocratic.
You had to wait till the 16th paragraph of the New York Times front-page coverage of the American Studies Association vote for academic boycott of Israel to read a quote from a boycott proponent, Omar Barghouti.
Did the U.S. double-cross the Maldivian pro-democracy movement just so it could establish a military base there? Mohamed Nasheed, the dynamic, young, pro-environmentalist Muslim leader who had led race for presidency after the first round, lost by a couple of percentage points to the old regime’s candidate, Abdulla Yameen.
Yesterday a charismatic young politician came first in elections for Maldives president. But the army deposed him once and the government is postponing the final round of elections. And incompetence at the US State Department threatens Mohamed Nasheed, a progressive Muslim environmentalist leader.
Why is a well-known American journalist still covering up for Rwanda and Paul Kagame?
An Israeli mining magnate is robbing the poorest nation on earth
Canadian reporter shows that the ‘NYT’ was guided through a Potemkin village
America’s ‘newspaper of record’ continues to bungle the Congo story
A modest improvement today in the ‘NYT’s’ dismal coverage of the Congo disaster
A New York Times reporter romanticizes Congo “rebels’” and misses the bigger, awful story
America’s leading newspaper ignores the Gaza assault as part of the Israeli prime minister’s election campaign
Biden called Netanyahu Bibi over and over again in the debate last night– because the press does so. And when the press calls him “Bibi,” they humanize him in an affectionate way, making him out to be a bumbler– like one of the inept thieves in the movie Home Alone. When in fact he’s the prime minister of a militant and colonial state that imprisons thousands and that lately whitewashed the killing of a 23-year-old American woman
Big oil, gas and mining companies will now have to publish their payments to third world governments.
Language matters, and using the word “settlements” by itself is biased