- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 13
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 2
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 12
- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 11
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 76
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 27
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 0
- How Israel militarized social media 0
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 0
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 240
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 149
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @ThisIsGaZa: I always wanted to write for @intifada. I never thought it will be my Brother's death I write about. http://t.co/RzXAbTrjca #gazaunderattack, 1 hour ago
- RT @alexbkane: Thanks @Colorlines' @jamilahking for posting about my 2012 interview on Palestine with @RobinDGKelley http://t.co/KCoAfb3bmD, 1 hour ago
- Statement: Over 140 legal experts & human rights defenders demand an end to Israel's collective punishment of Gaza http://t.co/1yAA8hSXWK, 1 hour ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: This @CBSNews comment by @bobschieffer is disgusting and racist. No place for this in US MSM http://t.co/YnSmJ9WF5p, 2 hours ago
- RT @ishaantharoor: Gaza and the death of the two-state solution http://t.co/7zvkqSks9P, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Jeff Klein
The limits of acceptable opinion: Bay State Banner is not interested in a piece on Palestine by a regular contributor
A conversation with an aging Palestinian activist: I asked Mohammed if any of his children were involved in politics. He said, “Not at all. Why should they want to go into politics? We set a bad example for them. We sacrificed and we struggled for our state but we did not succeed. We failed.”
Baruch Goldstein killed 29 Muslims in Hebron in 1994; and his grave still has an honorable place in the nearby settlement of Kiryat Arba
Why is this man smiling? ‘Imad AbdulAziz of Nablus has been arrested 17 times for his political activities on behalf of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and spent six years in Israeli jails. Once he was shot in both legs. But AbdulAziz is also a bodybuilder, and widely beloved
New faultlines in the Syrian conflict: religious supporters of the Sunni rebels on the one side, and more secular/leftist political parties on the other. Few Palestinians – or secular Lebanese — express any fondness for the Assad regime, but increasingly they fear the consequences of victory by religious extremists in Syria.
Finance minister Yair Lapid is the great hope of liberal Zionists. He is said to represent a turn to the left in Israeli politics. Why then does he ignore demands by Palestinian members of Knesset?
Senator Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts progressive, co-sponsors and then votes for a resolution urging the US to support Israel if it launches a war against Iran
Over the weekend Mitt Romney launched his electoral swing to Jerusalem – with a coordinated effort in the US from the usual suspects at the Emergency Committee for Israel here and here, in tandem with the Republican Jewish Coalition — it’s worth remembering that this is not necessarily just a cynical campaign maneuver. No doubt, there is the ambition to peel off some Jewish votes, especially in states like Florida, while the expected fundraising affair in Jerusalem ($50,000 minimum ticket) promises to add quite a few shekels to Romney’s campaign coffers. But that’s only part of the story.
Sometimes a food is more than just something you eat. The herbal condiment za’atar, a mixture of dried thyme, sumac and sesame seed commonly eaten with olive oil and bread, has become well known in recent years outside the Middle … Continue reading
Last month, in the Old City Jerusalem, I visited a Palestinian friend who belonged to one of the radical Left factions of the PLO and had spent many years in Israeli jails. When I asked him what he thought about … Continue reading
The theme of posts here the other day was attitudes of “denial” regarding the Palestine issue. Nothing could illustrate this more than an op-ed a couple of days ago by a “scholar” with a comfortable job at a right-wing think … Continue reading
You know, Lebanon – that small Middle East country wracked by a generation of bloody civil wars, the scene of periodic Israeli invasions and massacres, the battle ground for foreign armies. These days, when upheavals are rocking the Arab world … Continue reading
In Palestine, not all the killing takes place in the West Bank and Gaza – and not all the killers are Israeli security forces. Certainly, Palestinian residents of Israel are not immune from state violence. In October 2000, 13 Palestinian … Continue reading
The recent killing of Jawaher Abu Rahmah in Bil’in – and the death or injury of many others — by Israeli tear gas munitions imported from the US has spotlighted the collaboration of American companies in the lethal suppression of … Continue reading
Correction: The tear gas used in Bil’in is manufactured by Combined Tactical Systems, Inc, based in Jamestown, Pennsylvania, not the Defense Technology Corporation of America as reported below. For more information see here. Regarding Ahmed Moor’s report from Bil’in: Those … Continue reading
Steve Grossman, one of the candidates in next Tuesday’s Democratic primary for Massachusetts State Treasurer, is a past national president of AIPAC (The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee). Grossman, former chair of the Democratic National Committee, has been very coy about publicly … Continue reading
Yesterday CAMERA’s Dexter van Zile responded to a post by Jeff Klein critiquing the Israel lobby organization. Klein now responds: CAMERA apparently didn’t like being mentioned in my piece on the anti-Mosque campaign in Boston. However, their complaint is a … Continue reading
Haven’t we seen this movie before? Yes, in Boston, and with nearly the same cast of characters. The fight against the Roxbury Mosque and Cultural Center planned by the Islamic Society of Boston (ISB) was framed as a battle against … Continue reading