- Tough love from Clinton at a ‘left-leaning’ celeb party beats … 0
- The double standard 1
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ … 13
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on … 10
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic … 15
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership 11
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says … 15
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and … 6
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 197
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 95
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 79
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 136
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Chris Matthews takes populist stance against another Establishment war on … 52
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid 50
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and confidential relations’ with U.S. gov’t http://t.co/NE6Mqw8fjA, 3 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 06/19/2013 - http://t.co/Y4aV7OD402, 4 hours ago
- Israel & the West tries to neutralize Palestinian cause by transforming liberation struggle into humanitarian project http://t.co/W3g4ixkMWV, 6 hours ago
- ‘No consequences… ad finitum’ — Reporters reject State Dep’t explanation of US policy on settlements http://t.co/jaBiBY2pj1, 6 hours ago
- Sixteen-year-old Ali Shamlawi faces 25 counts of attempted murder for alleged stone throwing http://t.co/alOOCW8p1w, 6 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- The double standard (1)
- Elliot: Excellent! Have filed away for future use. Right now, the argument against negotiating with Hamas is not...
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on college campuses (10)
- Hostage: It applauds the UC Regents for their 2010 statement that they would only divest from a country the U.S....
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit accused Serb and Croat leaders (136)
- Hostage: As I said before, this is an admin judge talking about admin matters with an appointing authority, and in...
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (15)
- Hostage: Kerry and Obama made it clear that they have no American peace proposal of their own to offer the region....
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner (13)
- ritzl: Thanks Annie and Enass. Great, uplifting story. Enass, I might be good if you could reiterate or expand on...
- kamanja: Thanks for the translation Enass T and may your cousin get the treatment he needs and be released soon....
- seafoid: I can only imagine what it is to be a Palestinian political prisoner in an Israeli jail. The petty rules,...
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! (48)
- talknic: @ hophmi “So why do the Palestinians need an army if it is no threat to Israeli hegemony?” You...
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and confidential relations’ with U.S. gov’t (6)
- Hostage: I find this view a bit naive. It’s a separation of executive and judicial powers built right into the...
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership (11)
- Citizen: Here’s the macro essay on Snowden v Obama: America is its own worst enemy, and Israel is no...
- The double standard (1)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Jeff Klein
Senator Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts progressive, co-sponsors and then votes for a resolution urging the US to support Israel if it launches a war against Iran
Over the weekend Mitt Romney launched his electoral swing to Jerusalem – with a coordinated effort in the US from the usual suspects at the Emergency Committee for Israel here and here, in tandem with the Republican Jewish Coalition — it’s worth remembering that this is not necessarily just a cynical campaign maneuver. No doubt, there is the ambition to peel off some Jewish votes, especially in states like Florida, while the expected fundraising affair in Jerusalem ($50,000 minimum ticket) promises to add quite a few shekels to Romney’s campaign coffers. But that’s only part of the story.
Sometimes a food is more than just something you eat. The herbal condiment za’atar, a mixture of dried thyme, sumac and sesame seed commonly eaten with olive oil and bread, has become well known in recent years outside the Middle … Continue reading
Last month, in the Old City Jerusalem, I visited a Palestinian friend who belonged to one of the radical Left factions of the PLO and had spent many years in Israeli jails. When I asked him what he thought about … Continue reading
The theme of posts here the other day was attitudes of “denial” regarding the Palestine issue. Nothing could illustrate this more than an op-ed a couple of days ago by a “scholar” with a comfortable job at a right-wing think … Continue reading
You know, Lebanon – that small Middle East country wracked by a generation of bloody civil wars, the scene of periodic Israeli invasions and massacres, the battle ground for foreign armies. These days, when upheavals are rocking the Arab world … Continue reading
In Palestine, not all the killing takes place in the West Bank and Gaza – and not all the killers are Israeli security forces. Certainly, Palestinian residents of Israel are not immune from state violence. In October 2000, 13 Palestinian … Continue reading
The recent killing of Jawaher Abu Rahmah in Bil’in – and the death or injury of many others — by Israeli tear gas munitions imported from the US has spotlighted the collaboration of American companies in the lethal suppression of … Continue reading
Correction: The tear gas used in Bil’in is manufactured by Combined Tactical Systems, Inc, based in Jamestown, Pennsylvania, not the Defense Technology Corporation of America as reported below. For more information see here. Regarding Ahmed Moor’s report from Bil’in: Those … Continue reading
Steve Grossman, one of the candidates in next Tuesday’s Democratic primary for Massachusetts State Treasurer, is a past national president of AIPAC (The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee). Grossman, former chair of the Democratic National Committee, has been very coy about publicly … Continue reading
Yesterday CAMERA’s Dexter van Zile responded to a post by Jeff Klein critiquing the Israel lobby organization. Klein now responds: CAMERA apparently didn’t like being mentioned in my piece on the anti-Mosque campaign in Boston. However, their complaint is a … Continue reading
Haven’t we seen this movie before? Yes, in Boston, and with nearly the same cast of characters. The fight against the Roxbury Mosque and Cultural Center planned by the Islamic Society of Boston (ISB) was framed as a battle against … Continue reading