- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 9
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 4
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question 6
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 18
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 18
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 6
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 25
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 230
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 103
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 75
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 86
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 78
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 63
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @ggreenwald: From AJ Editor RT @hash_said @WHarkavy It was a temporary glitch. It's back up., 12 hours ago
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 13 hours ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 13 hours ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 13 hours ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 13 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death (11)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “My father, Herbert Moore Ellis, died yesterday. There is darkness in my mind. There is...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (25)
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (18)
- Inanna: Perhaps there was a more negative response to this piece on Palestinian Christians since Christian Zionists...
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day (9)
- Pamela Olson: Actually, there’s good news — this isn’t the first. Something similar was done in...
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire ‘professor from Israel’ (26)
- Philip Munger: The term “the region’s only democracy” might refer to Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia perhaps. This...
- Hostage: So even the Supreme Court does not know how to use commas. That’s the syllabus. The Justices...
- Hostage: Oh yes, I forgot. You’re for suppressing pro-Israel speech. Hardly, I’m for tossing foreign agents...
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says Haaretz — but ‘NYT’ treats it as gospel (45)
- Annie Robbins: i’m so looking forward to the definitive 2026 report on arafat jaradat’s death,...
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism (18)
- American: Only have one other thing to say about censorship by government and any who seek to control. ‘Those...
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death (11)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Jerry Slater
The other day Jerome Slater participated with Adam Horowitz, Steve Walt, and MJ Rosenberg in a discussion at the Palestine Center hereabout blogging. Slater, a longtime professor of history and in the last year a blogger, subsequently published his opening … Continue reading
Scholar Jerry Slater has another great post at his site, an analysis of Jeffrey Goldberg’s piece in the Atlantic on the likelihood of an Israeli attack on Iran that disputes Joe Klein’s claim that Goldberg was merely reporting attitudes in … Continue reading
This morning’s Haaretz has an only too revealing editorial. The editors are “troubled” by statements by the IDF’s chief of staff, Gabi Ashkenazi, concerning the lessons of the Israeli attack on the ship carrying goods to Gaza in defiance of … Continue reading
More criticism of that Efraim Karsh piece of Zionist propaganda that appeared on the Times Op-Ed page saying that the Palestinians have been abandoned by the Arab world. Angry Arab says his poll #s were from a website’s click-poll. And … Continue reading
I would like to respond to the more substantive and therefore interesting criticisms of my recent blog, “Obama’s Dilemma.” I meant the term to apply not merely to Obama’s Israeli policies, but more broadly to his overall political dilemma. Several … Continue reading
Jerome Slater, at his blog, writes on "Obama’s Dilemma" and offers a bleak analysis of Obama’s choices: However, even if Obama privately shared the views of, say, J Street and Americans for Peace Now—and for that matter, of those critics … Continue reading
Commenters have pointed out that the best defense of the Goldstone Report has been published by a friend of this site, Jerome Slater, at his new blog (Jerome Slater: On the U.S. and Israel): Part I, and Part II. In … Continue reading
Dear Dr. Carmi: As a retired university professor here in the U.S., I was quite interested in your letter to the BGU faculty. I understand that the University of Tehran may be looking for a new president, so should … Continue reading
What I have urged more than anything else in the Israel lobby discussion is: discussion! Because only with open discussion can the true extent of the Israel lobby be understood. Chas Freeman’s ouster has had a huge effect, of course….
Jerome Slater, scholar and press critic, writes: The New York Times lives in a kind of permanent Groundhog Day. Whenever it appears to be actually learning something about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, say in its somewhat critical reporting on the recent…
Jerry Slater writes: According to the NYT, Obama has asked V. Gene Robinson, a gay Episcopal bishop, to deliver the invocation at one of the inaugural events. Some see this as Obama’s way of “compensating” for having named Rev. Rick…
Jerry Slater has a unique way of looking at the terrible situation in Israel/Palestine, inspired by Jonathan Swift: What if the Situation Were Reversed? He writes: There has been growing outrage at Israel’s attack on Gaza. It is hard to…
Jerome Slater writes of today’s Times: It’s almost beginning to look like the Times has experienced an ephiphany. Not only is there increasingly skeptical coverage from its news reporters, including some who until now have been largely uncritical of Israel,…
The new model of publishing is the stable of bloggers. That’s the way the world is moving. Foreign Policy, firedoglake, antiwar.com, and the Atlantic have all chosen this model, replacing the professional guild/captive-advertising model of the late great newspaper. The…
American public opinion is changing. Today at a golf course in Hawaii, five people tried to get Gaza material to Obama, and the Secret Service stopped them. The activists’ statement: This gift of films is offered in hope that ……
Lately I blogged about Jerry Slater’s important piece on Tom Friedman in Tikkun. Well now Ralph Seliger is going after it. Why Slater resuscitates the issue of who was more at fault in the breakdown of the peace process in…
Jerry Slater, author of an important analysis of New York Times vs. Haaretz in coverage of Israel/Palestine, writes: Another in the chronicle of New York Times whitewashes of Israel. In today’s Times, Ethan Bronner reviews Waltz With Bashir, an Israeli…
For a year I’ve thought that the best analysis of the peace process is Henry Siegman’s fabulous piece in LRB last year saying it has been a “scam” aimed at covering Israel’s accession of more territory. Now here is a…
Jerome Slater writes: John Mearsheimer is absolutely right that there is not a chance for a “one state solution.” Despite the rhetoric, the Israelis, by nearly 100%, will never accept it; the Palestinians also won’t accept it; and even if…
The Forward has an irresponsible piece of journalism about McCain’s Jewish supporters. I use that harsh term because while the reporting is interesting and contains some new facts, there is no effort to talk about the goals of McCain’s supporters…
Today’s Times has an Obama-needs-to-give-Israel-tough-love-to-get-a-two-state solution column by Nicholas Kristof. New historian Jerome Slater sent me his take on the column. I’m going to follow that with my take. Slater: At first glance, Nicholas Kristof’s column in today’s New York…