- ‘We have nothing left to lose. I would rather die … 45
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 4
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 39
- Video: Night raid in Bethlehem’s Aida Refugee Camp 5
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of … 16
- Jews must take action against Israeli brutality 4
- Dear American media, I’m asking you to simply tell what’s … 16
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 36
- Dwight Howard should be thanked for showing the price of … 0
- Israel is in a pickle 0
- Gaza is a concentration camp, and it’s an American delusion … 0
- As Israel attacks Gaza, 110 Palestinians injured and 12 detained … 0
- Israeli police ransack Tariq Abu Khdeir family home and arrest … 0
- International activists risk lives to protect Gaza’s ambulances under fire 0
- Mr. Obama, spend one night with us in Shifa hospital, … 0
- The heart of the problem with Israel: The mass expulsion … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 362
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 214
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 175
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The trojan horse of liberal Zionism 105
- RT @Phan_N: Ron Dermer: "IDF should be given Nobel Peace Prize.", 5 hours ago
- RT @rania_masri: Stop. Think about this. From UNICEF - "During the last 24 hours, at least 28 Palestinian children were killed... http://t.co/YxSMPvkP4l, 6 hours ago
- RT @MattBruenig: Did Thane Rosenbaum plagiarize Osama bin Laden? http://t.co/0wFXM9qjNg, 6 hours ago
- RT @jacobkornbluh: Code pink heckles @AmbDermer's speech at @CUFI night to honor Israel #CUFIDC, 6 hours ago
- RT @Belalmd12: Israeli forces are focused on 2 new axises, Deir Elbalah amd Jabalia. The intense shelling there might be a prelude to an invasion. #Gaza, 6 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza beach (120)
- Kay24: Yes seafoid, no investigations needed for that either. Strange when their criminals do something evil, there...
- Kay24: BBC is breaking News reporting that Israel has announced a comprehensive cease fire from tomorrow (Friday)...
- Inanna: Thanks for the link Denis. I’ll provide a quick translation but nothing will really translate the...
- The trojan horse of liberal Zionism (90)
- MHughes976: Just to revert to the question of the Trojan Horse. The Troy in question might be left-wing opinion in...
- seafoid: Beinart on why liberal Zionsim is no different to the regular version http://www.haaretz.com/opin...
- Mich Levy: The metaphor of the Trojan horse does not imply that there is a Zionist HQ that deploys the Zionist left;...
- Hamas has agreed to a ceasefire, says senior Palestinian official (Updated) (50)
- Walid: More elaboration by Jonathan Cook on the “Egyptian” cease-fire scam involving strings pulling by...
- Following missile attack last Saturday, al-Wafa Hospital receives warnings of new round of bombings (14)
- Joe Catron: “Do you think that missile attacks on Israeli cities and towns are war crimes?” As far as I...
- Report: Hamas offers Israel 10 conditions for a 10 year truce (79)
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza beach (120)
Author Archives: Joseph Dana
Recent work by Bernard Avishai and Gershom Gorenberg reflect liberal Zionists’ inability to confront the core of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
On 27 September 2011, activists with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) launched a prisoner hunger strike in protest of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians prisoners in Israeli jails. Rallies have been held throughout the West Bank in … Continue reading
The Israeli military legal system is one of the most under reported yet crucial components of Israel’s system of control over Palestinians in the occupied West Bank. Since 1967, Israel has controlled the entire area of the West Bank using … Continue reading
Hope, one of the most powerful and fickle of human emotions, was a philosophical obsession of Baruch Spinoza, the 17th century Jewish philosopher. Spinoza paid a high social price in dedicating his life to the creation of philosophic system which valued rationalism … Continue reading
How did it feel for the last few days to be on the US Boat? Here are some excerpts of Joseph Dana’s reporting from Athens, for the Nation: On Thursday, the passengers of the Audacity of Hope, the US boat … Continue reading
Joseph Dana is reporting for the Nation from the Audacity of Hope, the US boat to Gaza. He’s in Athens. Read his whole account for an account of the Turkish withdrawal from the flotilla and other scenes from Athens. Excerpt: … Continue reading
Racism in Israel is nothing new. There is racism against Palestinians, against Arabs, against non-Jews. There is racism between Jews from Europe and Jews from Arab countries. In our racism, we are no different from many other Western countries. However, … Continue reading
The following consolidates two posts from Joseph Dana’s blog on Israel’s horrifying practice of targetting children in order to quash protest in the West Bank. As the Middle East Children Alliance points out, “In the first two weeks of February … Continue reading
Oday Maher Hamza Qadous, 19 years old, has been killed by settlers while farming his land in Iraq Burin. Army forces have taken over the village of Iraq Burin. 19 year old Oday Maher Hamza Qadous was shot to death … Continue reading
The 11 year old brother of Isalm Tamimi- a 14 year old child who was arrested in Nabi Saleh during a night raid on the village- has been arrested this morning by the army in Nabi Saleh. Isalm Tamimi was … Continue reading
Israeli activists protesting the killing of Bil’in’s Jawaher Abu Rahmah ‘returned’ spent tear gas canisters to the residence of the American ambassador to Israel late Saturday evening. Jawaher Abu Rahmah, 36, was evacuated to the Ramallah hospital yesterday after inhaling … Continue reading
Of all the criminals involved with the 2008 Gaza war, an Israeli leftist will be going to jail for riding his bike against the war in Tel Aviv. Tel Aviv Magistrates court judge Yitzhak Yitzhak convicted Israeli leftist Jonathan Pollak … Continue reading
Despite Israel’s international call for aid to help fight the raging wildfires in the north of the country, the Israeli army had plenty of extra soldiers to suppress the weekly unarmed demonstrations in Nabi Saleh, Ni’ilin and Bil’in. Instead of … Continue reading
How many Israeli soldiers does it take to keep an elderly Palestinian woman from harvesting her olives?
The headline sounds like the beginning of a bad joke but it is an unfortunate reality of life in the West Bank. We are in the middle of the olive harvest season and with it comes episodes of violence as well the … Continue reading
The following is in response to an informal gathering of ‘solidarity’ the Sheikh Jarrah movement is holding in Tel Aviv on Friday to inform israelis about the struggle there and hopefully recruit more people. From the standpoint of joint Palestinian-Israeli … Continue reading
Last Friday marked exactly one year since the beginning of the protests against the eviction of Palestinian families in the East Jerusalem neighborhood Sheikh Jarrah. The protest has grown from a handful of Israelis, and some international activists, to hundreds … Continue reading
Al-Walaja villagers stop construction of the Wall while soldiers attack protesters, including children
The village of al-Walaja continued its unarmed resistance to the creation of the Separation Wall on its lands today. Villagers along with Israeli and international supporters non-violently stopped construction of the wall for one and a half hours today. Israeli … Continue reading
In the cool summer evening air of the Jerusalem hills last Tuesday evening, hundreds of Palestinians and Israelis descended on the small village of al-Walaja for a screening of the critically acclaimed documentary Budrus. The screening was jointly organized by … Continue reading
Palestinian-Israeli solidarity group confronts Israeli soldiers protecting an illegal outpost settlement in the West Bank, Saturday July 25