- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 8
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 17
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 46
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 52
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 92
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 12
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- Reflections of an Iraqi in Palestine 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 113
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 90
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 87
- Thousands of Palestinians denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs water conservation pact with Netanyahu http://t.co/uST71IRFuH, 3 hours ago
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of Teaching Palestine to Americans’ http://t.co/H8rDbZSLTb, 5 hours ago
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/bfLo27JQcU, 5 hours ago
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited http://t.co/qE0TlSctRS, 8 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (52)
- Bandolero: “They may well be in the larger boat of neo-cold-war thinking, but they hardly are the only force...
- ToivoS: This talk of Zionist running our policy in the Ukraine or having a significant influence on events there is...
- Bandolero: ivri It’s a fact that there is an influental Pro-Israel-Lobby at work in the US – and in...
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy pact with Netanyahu (8)
- Susie Kneedler: OT: C-SPAN’s now repeating the “National Summit to Reassess the US-Israel ‘Special...
- Susie Kneedler: Annie, Thanks for your brilliant analysis of sickening facts (on a day when you also made time to...
- Kathleen: So wonder if Code Pink, NIAC, End the Occupation will start targeting Jerry Brown?
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (92)
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (46)
- just: I believe that you are right, Kathleen. I was glued to CSPAN in the dastardly run-up to both horrible wars. I...
- Mainstream press embraces Netanyahu’s speech as supporting Kerry initiative (55)
- Hostage: Throw your mind back and try to accept any “representative” from a domesticated “national” body residing in...
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (52)
Author Archives: Joseph Dana
Recent work by Bernard Avishai and Gershom Gorenberg reflect liberal Zionists’ inability to confront the core of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
On 27 September 2011, activists with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) launched a prisoner hunger strike in protest of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians prisoners in Israeli jails. Rallies have been held throughout the West Bank in … Continue reading
The Israeli military legal system is one of the most under reported yet crucial components of Israel’s system of control over Palestinians in the occupied West Bank. Since 1967, Israel has controlled the entire area of the West Bank using … Continue reading
Hope, one of the most powerful and fickle of human emotions, was a philosophical obsession of Baruch Spinoza, the 17th century Jewish philosopher. Spinoza paid a high social price in dedicating his life to the creation of philosophic system which valued rationalism … Continue reading
How did it feel for the last few days to be on the US Boat? Here are some excerpts of Joseph Dana’s reporting from Athens, for the Nation: On Thursday, the passengers of the Audacity of Hope, the US boat … Continue reading
Joseph Dana is reporting for the Nation from the Audacity of Hope, the US boat to Gaza. He’s in Athens. Read his whole account for an account of the Turkish withdrawal from the flotilla and other scenes from Athens. Excerpt: … Continue reading
Racism in Israel is nothing new. There is racism against Palestinians, against Arabs, against non-Jews. There is racism between Jews from Europe and Jews from Arab countries. In our racism, we are no different from many other Western countries. However, … Continue reading
The following consolidates two posts from Joseph Dana’s blog on Israel’s horrifying practice of targetting children in order to quash protest in the West Bank. As the Middle East Children Alliance points out, “In the first two weeks of February … Continue reading
Oday Maher Hamza Qadous, 19 years old, has been killed by settlers while farming his land in Iraq Burin. Army forces have taken over the village of Iraq Burin. 19 year old Oday Maher Hamza Qadous was shot to death … Continue reading
The 11 year old brother of Isalm Tamimi- a 14 year old child who was arrested in Nabi Saleh during a night raid on the village- has been arrested this morning by the army in Nabi Saleh. Isalm Tamimi was … Continue reading
Israeli activists protesting the killing of Bil’in’s Jawaher Abu Rahmah ‘returned’ spent tear gas canisters to the residence of the American ambassador to Israel late Saturday evening. Jawaher Abu Rahmah, 36, was evacuated to the Ramallah hospital yesterday after inhaling … Continue reading
Of all the criminals involved with the 2008 Gaza war, an Israeli leftist will be going to jail for riding his bike against the war in Tel Aviv. Tel Aviv Magistrates court judge Yitzhak Yitzhak convicted Israeli leftist Jonathan Pollak … Continue reading
Despite Israel’s international call for aid to help fight the raging wildfires in the north of the country, the Israeli army had plenty of extra soldiers to suppress the weekly unarmed demonstrations in Nabi Saleh, Ni’ilin and Bil’in. Instead of … Continue reading
How many Israeli soldiers does it take to keep an elderly Palestinian woman from harvesting her olives?
The headline sounds like the beginning of a bad joke but it is an unfortunate reality of life in the West Bank. We are in the middle of the olive harvest season and with it comes episodes of violence as well the … Continue reading
The following is in response to an informal gathering of ‘solidarity’ the Sheikh Jarrah movement is holding in Tel Aviv on Friday to inform israelis about the struggle there and hopefully recruit more people. From the standpoint of joint Palestinian-Israeli … Continue reading
Last Friday marked exactly one year since the beginning of the protests against the eviction of Palestinian families in the East Jerusalem neighborhood Sheikh Jarrah. The protest has grown from a handful of Israelis, and some international activists, to hundreds … Continue reading
Al-Walaja villagers stop construction of the Wall while soldiers attack protesters, including children
The village of al-Walaja continued its unarmed resistance to the creation of the Separation Wall on its lands today. Villagers along with Israeli and international supporters non-violently stopped construction of the wall for one and a half hours today. Israeli … Continue reading
In the cool summer evening air of the Jerusalem hills last Tuesday evening, hundreds of Palestinians and Israelis descended on the small village of al-Walaja for a screening of the critically acclaimed documentary Budrus. The screening was jointly organized by … Continue reading
Palestinian-Israeli solidarity group confronts Israeli soldiers protecting an illegal outpost settlement in the West Bank, Saturday July 25