- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 1
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 5
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 11
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 1
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 12
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 23
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 13
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 668
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 485
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 310
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 148
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 119
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 74
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 5 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 5 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 5 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 5 hours ago
- RT @War_Times: Blood on Israel’s Hands from #Palestine to the Mayan Highlands http://t.co/hAHRMXYXMm #Nakba @mondoweiss @jadaliyya #Guatema…, 2013/05/17
click link to see last 100 comments
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (52)
- irmep: That cited 43 megabyte SPSS dataset only lists Israel survey data for a single year: 2001 (column S020, rows...
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (12)
- DICKERSON3870: P.S.(#2) RE: “I would be remiss were I not to mention that the CIA supported the Muslim...
- DICKERSON3870: P.P.S. ALSO SEE: “Inciting to kill Obama: Another Judeofascist from Chabad”, by Larry...
- DICKERSON3870: P.S. RE: “I would be remiss were I not to mention that the CIA supported . . . Chabad in the...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (1)
- American: It’s still good…the main points in the conclusion are still there…all they’ve done...
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (5)
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (11)
- Shingo: This is silly. Every country has the right to refuse entry to suspected foreign troublemakers So why does it...
- Ellen: Brian, your statement is bizzare. I imagine you have not read the proposed bill or even the article above....
- notatall: Since Israel has never defined its borders, Esker’s comment is beside the point.
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (52)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Joseph Glatzer
The only hope for Palestinians is a one state solution. Accomodating the settler-colonial ideology of Zionism with concessions only brings misery
Many of you may have seen the hilarious “XtraNormal” videos on YouTube such as One Professor’s Fantasy, So You Want to go to Law School, and my personal favorite So you Want to Get a PHD in Political Science. Well, I was watching … Continue reading
This is awful. The Yorba Linda Community Center, where that hate-filled anti-Muslim rally took place, is literally less than 5 minutes from my mom’s house in Yorba Linda. It’s where I live when I’m back in the States. It … Continue reading
I grew up Catholic and although I haven’t been to church in a long time; I would be lying if I said this doesn’t speak very powerfully to me. The Quotes Speak for Themselves: “The Holy Scriptures cannot be used … Continue reading
Lesley Stahl’s report from Sunday’s “60 Minutes” about the illegal Israeli colony “the City of David” is an unadulterated, albeit very sophisticated, piece of Peace Industry propaganda. It is a case study for how the media sets the “appropriate” parameters … Continue reading
Every time I would tell my girlfriend (she’s Palestinian) about a famous Israeli activist or writer or she would ask why they still call themselves Israeli. She tells me things like, “See. They still call themselves Israeli. When they use … Continue reading
Yesterday, I started this 9th 9-11 anniversary as I would any other day: watching Al Jazeera English video clips from their You Tube channel.
The recent killing of settlers near Hebron provides a useful case study for how the media, society and political officials regard the value of Palestinian and Israeli lives. From the New York Times coverage, written by Mark Landler in D.C. … Continue reading
The Nobel Prize award winning show, "The Peace Industry" comes back for its 19th season on September 2nd, after an almost 2 year hiatus. It is one of the longest running and most popular shows in TV history. The pilot episode of the … Continue reading
Haaretz has the story on the latest record set by the children of Gaza. They’ve broken their own record from last year’s UNRWA Summer Games for the number of kites being flown at one time. The UN website has the video: SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Palestinian Girl … Continue reading
Upon reviewing Nicholas Kristof’s latest article and blog post; they collectively form the play list for DJ NYT’s Patronizing the Palestinians 2010: Summer Party Mix. First up is his latest article, "Waiting for Gandhi on the West Bank". Despite being … Continue reading
Gideon Levy is excellent as usual in his new article about the fake peace process and the silly show Obama and Bibi just put on. But one thing stood out fat me. In the first and last sentences of the … Continue reading
Anas lives in Amman, Jordan. He helps out at a local clothing store. His ancestors were ethnically cleansed from Silwan. Missing from the Ethan Bronner articles about Silwan are faces like Anas’s. His is the face of the Palestinian refugee … Continue reading
Turkish PM Erdogan’s latest interview with Charlie Rose: (5:30 of youtube clip, part 4 of 5) (Beginning of a segment where Erdogan highlights the West’s hypocritical embrace of democracy only when it’s convenient) Erdogan: Elections were held and Hamas won the elections. … Continue reading
Like everyone else, I’ve been closely following the events regarding the flotilla massacre; as well as the upcoming boats. It’s been a very exciting time to be a Palestine solidarity activist. I literally got the chills when I read about … Continue reading
I’m writing my Senior Research Paper (at Cal State Northridge) on the Palestinian Right of Return, and my professor suggested I examine the precedents of compensation and repatriation set by the Jewish survivors of the Holocaust. I started investigating the … Continue reading
A sampling of "Reflections of 2009" from the Facebook page of Students for Israel at California State University/Northridge: 4) Our members serve as AIPAC campus liaisons/cadre members, Hillel interns, CAMERA Fellows, Hasbara Fellows, StandWithUs Emerson Fellows, DavidProject Fellows, and are … Continue reading
After reading the recent post here about the New York Times coverage of protests by Palestinians, termed a "West Bank Spectacle," I posted a comment to the blog of reporter/videographer Jaron Gilinsky. He responded, and a dialogue quickly developed. Below … Continue reading