- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 7
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 34
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 71
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 11
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 3 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 12 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 12 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 16 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (71)
- ‘NYT’ provides frank descriptions of lobby’s power in review of Truman book (20)
- Woody Tanaka: I don’t agree that you say that about all. Certainly there were some, but I believe that many of...
- Citizen: Further, if memory serves, Max B said himself that no non-Jewish person could have written Goliath because...
- Citizen: @ Woody I agree. Those “same men” championed equal civil rights in USA for the same main reason...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (7)
- Susie Kneedler: NOW, LIVE: C-SPAN3 is showing and streaming LIVE the “National Summit to Reassess the...
- Anti-Defamation League exploits fear of Muslims to undermine anti-gay bill (18)
- traintosiberia: Fatwa is overrated . Any Muslim can utter a Fatwa with or without any basis of any religious or...
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (35)
Author Archives: Josh Ruebner
Israel and its apologists can no longer defend the country on its merits, instead they must try to suppress debate
Josh Ruebner responds to an attack from Tammi Rossman-Benjamin in the New York Daily News against Brooklyn College President Karen Gould and the university’s Political Science Department for encouraging an open debate on campus about Israel’s apartheid policies toward Palestinians. Ruebner writes, “Israel and its apologists can no longer defend on its merits Israel and its apartheid policies toward Palestinians. Instead, they must try to suppress any such discussion from occurring in the first place because they are backing a losing argument.”
Today marks twenty years since Israel and the PLO signed the Oslo Accord on the White House lawn, triggering a “peace process” that was supposed to conclude by May 1999 resolving all outstanding issues and signing a peace treaty. After two decades of fruitless talks —a period in which Israel more than doubled its settler population on Palestinian land—will more U.S.-mediated talks succeed in achieving a just and lasting resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, or will the current round of negotiations merely validate Einstein’s definition of insanity as doing the same thing and expecting a different result?
On Monday, the House of Representatives released a draft of the 2013 budget bill, which includes an eye-popping $1.5 billion in weapons earmarked for Israel.
As the U.S. makes tough choices on budget cuts for 2013, Obama has pledged to kept aid to Israel at unprecedented levels, climbing over $3 billion next year.
Josh Ruebner calls on Freedom Rider, Rep. John Lewis to redirect the $110 million his district is sending Israel in military aid.
Assistant Secretary of State Esther Brimmer, who heads the department’s Bureau of International Organization Affairs, delivered a humdinger of a speech yesterday to the AIPAC derivative “think tank” Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP). During her speech, Brimmer recounted the … Continue reading
Gliding down the aisle of the House of Representatives like a popular president about to deliver the State of the Union address, escorted by a phalanx of dozens of ebullient Members of Congress, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu entered a … Continue reading
Last week, Congress finally got around to finalizing the 2011 budget, which included a record-breaking appropriation of $3 billion in military aid to Israel (not including an additional $415 million in Pentagon funding for joint U.S.-Israeli missile defense projects).This money … Continue reading
The United Nations Security Council is expected to vote, possibly this month, on a resolution reaffirming that Israel’s 150 settlements in the Palestinian West Bank and East Jerusalem “are illegal and constitute a major obstacle to the achievement of a … Continue reading
Yesterday the House of Representatives passed a resolution, H.Res.1765, “condemning unilateral measures to declare or recognize a Palestinian state.” At first glance, this vote appears to be yet another in a long string of resolutions shoring up unconditional Congressional support … Continue reading
On August 20, the Obama Administration announced that it will reconvene under its auspices direct Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations beginning on September 2. While a just and lasting Israeli-Palestinian peace is in everyone’s interest, there are profound reasons to be skeptical … Continue reading
In October 1985, four Palestinian gunmen from the Palestine Liberation Front (PLF) stormed an Italian cruise ship on the Mediterranean, holding its approximately 700 vacationers hostage while demanding the release of their comrades-in-arms from Israeli prison. The hijacking of the … Continue reading
More than seven years ago, the Israeli military crushed to death U.S. citizen Rachel Corrie who was nonviolently protecting a Palestinian home from being demolished in the occupied Gaza Strip when she was repeatedly run over by a Caterpillar bulldozer. … Continue reading