- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ … 5
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim 12
- Jenin refugee camp hit by wave of Israeli raids and … 4
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties … 13
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) 33
- From McMecca to McJerusalem 2
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 60
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 56
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This … 0
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns 0
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 0
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 0
- UN peace envoy denied entry to Church of the Holy … 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 74
- Rashid Khalidi sees John Kerry’s failure strengthening the call for boycott, divestment and sanctions http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW #BDS, 1 hour ago
- Rashid Khalidi says US opposition to reunification of Palestinian parties exposes the “farce” of the peace process http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW, 1 hour ago
- Khalidi: It's time for Palestinians 'to get off their knees' and turn to Europe and ICC http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW http://t.co/UkS8SEPdaq, 1 hour ago
- Report: Starbucks to buy 10% stake in SodaStream http://t.co/gffMLICMkv, 1 hour ago
- RT @anjucomet: Questions on the Fatah-Hamas deal? Read @4noura in @nytimes http://t.co/wIqvm9ivD5 & Mouin Rabbani in @meriponline http://t.co/OqIPJQEfrw, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (70)
- lysias: Yarosh has moved Right Sector headquarters to Dnepropetrovsk. Ukraine’s far-right leader moves HQ to the...
- lysias: If the ADL is really behind the hoax, I wonder how that can be squared with Israel not supporting U.S....
- Hostage: Yes, I surmise that you laugh much like KKK members do when African-Americans talk about discrimination....
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties to Israeli settlements (13)
- ritzl: Though, I’m of the firm opinion that Zionism corrupts everything it touches. In this case a Zionist CEO...
- ritzl: @brenda- It looks like I goofed again. Starbucks pulled out of Israel in 2002. Their CEO is a Zionist, and I...
- brenda: yes, can always be better in the effect, but all the same, an amazing accomplishment for: “What began...
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (56)
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ and turn to Europe and ICC (5)
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (70)
Author Archives: Kate
Chris Carlson reports for IMEMC: Palestinian researcher Khaled Maali explained that the settlers found launching wild pigs toward the Palestinian farmlands was the best effective way to fight the Palestinian farmers without significant cost. Maali pointed out that the occupation prevents the Palestinians from shooting the pigs, whereas it permits settlers to kill the pigs when they reach their colonial settlements.
Ma‘an reports: Israeli police on Saturday prevented UN Middle East peace envoy Robert Serry from celebrating the Holy Fire ceremony in Jerusalem, a statement from his office said.
Richard Silverstein exposes the rightwing Temple Institute’s plans for the Temple Mount, even as six Palestinians are arrested for throwing stones in protest of rightwing Jewish encroachment on the holy site
‘Every Easter we hope for the resurrection of our people as a free nation’,” said Nabil Shaath, decrying lack of access to Jerusalem
Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now spox: ‘faithful reflection of Netanyahu policy to extinguish last embers of negotiations with Palestinians’
Haaretz: Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon has given the state the green light to retroactively legalize the Netiv Ha’avot outpost in Gush Etzion, declaring 984 dunams around the outpost state land in what is the largest appropriation of territory in the West Bank in many years.
Destroying another shepherd’s lands and holdings in the Jordan Valley — Gideon Levy at Haaretz reports
Jews clash with Jews at Yitzhar settlement in W.B.: “[Settlers] are spitting in our faces, humiliating us instead of thanking us”, one soldier said. Another soldier stated that, while the army is guarding them, “they are stabbing us in the back”,
Ma‘an: A group of Christians from East Jerusalem on Sunday said that Israel’s restrictions on Palestinian mobility resulted in violations of religious freedoms. The statement, signed “Palestinian Christian Organizations in Occupied East Jerusalem,” complained that Christians are often denied access to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre during the Easter holidays. Each Easter, checkpoints are erected “at the Gates and in the alley, thus preventing the worshipers from free access to the Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and the vicinity of the Christian Quarter.”
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction on movement Israel OKs controversial E. Jerusalem archaeological project Jerusalem (AFP) Fri 4 Apr – Israel has approved a controversial archaeology project in annexed east Jerusalem, the interior ministry said … Continue reading
Mary is a cow, Jewish extremist spraypainted in Hebrew on a convent wall west of Jerusalem, in what police call a ‘pricetag’ attack, punishing Palestinians for Israeli government actions
Electronic Intifada publishes a history of Land Day, demonstrating the necessity to Zionism of Judaizing Palestinian land in the Galilee, as a seed of an important component of the Palestinian struggle
Who made the bulldozers that destroyed a Palestinian building in East Jerusalem that housed apartments, a medical center, and a mosque? Is that company deserving of boycott?
Haaretz reports the Israel Lands Authority published tenders for land to build some 3,050 residential units in the first quarter of 2014, but only 45 units are in the center of the country and 55% are in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Activists shut down Israeli checkpoint in response to Jenin killings while militants promise ‘painful’ retaliation
Ma‘an reports that activists from the peaceful popular resistance movement on Saturday shut down the Beit El checkpoint north of Ramallah in protest against the killing of three Palestinians by Israeli forces in Jenin earlier in the day.
AFP reports that Israel has progressed with plans for more than 2,000 new homes in six West Bank settlements in a move likely to further endanger peace talks.
From Haaretz: Security services cite current situation in the Gaza Strip, including the rise of Islamic Jihad and Hamas’ governance, as reasons to extend law — …The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law, which is worded as a temporary order, concerns reunification among families whose entry into Israel represents a security risk in the eyes of the security services.
IMEMC 15 Mar by Chris Carlson — A Gaza official said that the number of the Gaza Palestinians killed by Israel since early 2014, as a result of military escalation, has increased to 18.
Palestinian teen in critical condition after being shot by Israeli soldiers during West Bank protest
Violence / Raids / Clashes / Suppression of protests / Illegal arrests Israeli soldiers ‘shoot, critically injure’ Palestinian teen HEBRON (Ma‘an) 14 Mar — Israeli soldiers shot and critically injured a Palestinian teenager during a protest in Beit Ummar north … Continue reading
(Ma‘an) 12 Mar — Israeli forces demolished the Bedouin village of al-Araqib for the 66th time on Wednesday, leaving dozens of people in the open despite heavy rains.
Haaretz 9 Mar by Nir Hasson — The water supply to a refugee camp and three neighborhoods in East Jerusalem was partially restored Friday morning after a three-day disruption in service. Tens of thousands of Palestinians living in the Shoafat camp and the adjacent neighborhoods of Ras Hamis, Ras Shehada and Hashalom suffer ongoing water shortages but on Tuesday, faucets went entirely dry. In the refugee camp alone, 20,000 residents were affected, according to the United Nations.
Tenth annual Israeli apartheid week kicks off globally
Life here is hell on earth, a Gaza man says of the constant fire near the border with Israel
Israeli occupying authorities want to lower the volume on the Muslim call to prayer in Jerusalem
The Electronic Intifada does a bravura investigation of the killing of a Palestinian youth who preferred resisting arrest to returning to prison
Families members in Gaza are arrested on charges of honor killings in deaths of two women