- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 2
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 3
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 8
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 10
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 8
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 25
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 49
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there http://t.co/9AbCKTTCIP, 6 hours ago
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 12 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, Apr 18
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, Apr 18
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there (10)
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (25)
- piotr: I am not sure if hypocrisy was the issue. The “common sense thinking” 100 years ago was...
- lysias: That was typical British hypocrisy. Britain wanted Jews in Palestine for imperial reasons: to provide a...
- lysias: Jews must need to kvetch Do Israeli Jews kvetch? Hasn’t Israel done its best to suppress Yiddish and...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (46)
- lysias: John Kerry, the head of the department in which Victoria Nuland is a high-ranking official.
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation (2)
- just: “He answered that the Israelis want the Palestinian to leave, that they want the land. But he also spoke...
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (8)
- MHughes976: Yes, indeed. I suppose that any decent prophet, especially in Marc’s view of the term, would make...
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (49)
- Scott: Hey, I thought Joy Reid pretty good. And Steele too. But Reid–she closed by saying Paul not popular...
Author Archives: Kate
Richard Silverstein exposes the rightwing Temple Institute’s plans for the Temple Mount, even as six Palestinians are arrested for throwing stones in protest of rightwing Jewish encroachment on the holy site
‘Every Easter we hope for the resurrection of our people as a free nation’,” said Nabil Shaath, decrying lack of access to Jerusalem
Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now spox: ‘faithful reflection of Netanyahu policy to extinguish last embers of negotiations with Palestinians’
Haaretz: Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon has given the state the green light to retroactively legalize the Netiv Ha’avot outpost in Gush Etzion, declaring 984 dunams around the outpost state land in what is the largest appropriation of territory in the West Bank in many years.
Destroying another shepherd’s lands and holdings in the Jordan Valley — Gideon Levy at Haaretz reports
Jews clash with Jews at Yitzhar settlement in W.B.: “[Settlers] are spitting in our faces, humiliating us instead of thanking us”, one soldier said. Another soldier stated that, while the army is guarding them, “they are stabbing us in the back”,
Ma‘an: A group of Christians from East Jerusalem on Sunday said that Israel’s restrictions on Palestinian mobility resulted in violations of religious freedoms. The statement, signed “Palestinian Christian Organizations in Occupied East Jerusalem,” complained that Christians are often denied access to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre during the Easter holidays. Each Easter, checkpoints are erected “at the Gates and in the alley, thus preventing the worshipers from free access to the Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and the vicinity of the Christian Quarter.”
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction on movement Israel OKs controversial E. Jerusalem archaeological project Jerusalem (AFP) Fri 4 Apr – Israel has approved a controversial archaeology project in annexed east Jerusalem, the interior ministry said … Continue reading
Mary is a cow, Jewish extremist spraypainted in Hebrew on a convent wall west of Jerusalem, in what police call a ‘pricetag’ attack, punishing Palestinians for Israeli government actions
Electronic Intifada publishes a history of Land Day, demonstrating the necessity to Zionism of Judaizing Palestinian land in the Galilee, as a seed of an important component of the Palestinian struggle
Who made the bulldozers that destroyed a Palestinian building in East Jerusalem that housed apartments, a medical center, and a mosque? Is that company deserving of boycott?
Haaretz reports the Israel Lands Authority published tenders for land to build some 3,050 residential units in the first quarter of 2014, but only 45 units are in the center of the country and 55% are in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Activists shut down Israeli checkpoint in response to Jenin killings while militants promise ‘painful’ retaliation
Ma‘an reports that activists from the peaceful popular resistance movement on Saturday shut down the Beit El checkpoint north of Ramallah in protest against the killing of three Palestinians by Israeli forces in Jenin earlier in the day.
AFP reports that Israel has progressed with plans for more than 2,000 new homes in six West Bank settlements in a move likely to further endanger peace talks.
From Haaretz: Security services cite current situation in the Gaza Strip, including the rise of Islamic Jihad and Hamas’ governance, as reasons to extend law — …The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law, which is worded as a temporary order, concerns reunification among families whose entry into Israel represents a security risk in the eyes of the security services.
IMEMC 15 Mar by Chris Carlson — A Gaza official said that the number of the Gaza Palestinians killed by Israel since early 2014, as a result of military escalation, has increased to 18.
Palestinian teen in critical condition after being shot by Israeli soldiers during West Bank protest
Violence / Raids / Clashes / Suppression of protests / Illegal arrests Israeli soldiers ‘shoot, critically injure’ Palestinian teen HEBRON (Ma‘an) 14 Mar — Israeli soldiers shot and critically injured a Palestinian teenager during a protest in Beit Ummar north … Continue reading
(Ma‘an) 12 Mar — Israeli forces demolished the Bedouin village of al-Araqib for the 66th time on Wednesday, leaving dozens of people in the open despite heavy rains.
Haaretz 9 Mar by Nir Hasson — The water supply to a refugee camp and three neighborhoods in East Jerusalem was partially restored Friday morning after a three-day disruption in service. Tens of thousands of Palestinians living in the Shoafat camp and the adjacent neighborhoods of Ras Hamis, Ras Shehada and Hashalom suffer ongoing water shortages but on Tuesday, faucets went entirely dry. In the refugee camp alone, 20,000 residents were affected, according to the United Nations.
Tenth annual Israeli apartheid week kicks off globally
Life here is hell on earth, a Gaza man says of the constant fire near the border with Israel
Israeli occupying authorities want to lower the volume on the Muslim call to prayer in Jerusalem
The Electronic Intifada does a bravura investigation of the killing of a Palestinian youth who preferred resisting arrest to returning to prison
Families members in Gaza are arrested on charges of honor killings in deaths of two women
IMEMC Sat 22 Feb by Chris Carlson — A Palestinian child, age 13, has been seriously injured, on Friday evening, as Israeli forces east of Rafah fired at him. Al Ray reports that medical sources at Abu Yousef al-Najjar Hospital in the southern Gaza Strip said Fadel Abu Odwan, 13, was shot in the pelvis, assessing his this status as critical.
Electronic Intifada reports that SodaStream is going to open a factory in the Negev, as part of Israel’s project for collectivization of Bedouins