- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 26
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 64
- How Israel militarized social media 8
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 53
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 9
- Gaza massacre is generating ideological crisis in American Zionists 64
- Avishai says we misrepresented his views 48
- Israeli forces shell UN school where displaced Palestinians gathered, killing … 122
- Heathcote Williams: ‘An Old Man and a Young Man in … 0
- CNN headline: “100 people killed today in Israel, Gaza fighting” 0
- Lacking bomb shelters, Israel’s Bedouins advised to ‘protect themselves by … 0
- The other side of history 0
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 0
- Democrat Eliot Engel appears at pro-Israel rally featuring anti-Muslim activist … 0
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 0
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 127
- RT @e_intifada: Is this the beginning of 3rd intifada? @Remroum @ThisIsGaZa Raw AP footage of West Bank Clashes: http://t.co/yWfQ0RQyfN, 31 mins ago
- RT @MMVickery: #Ramallah hospital is full to capacity. Many protesters shot in the legs, two people confirmed dead, but reports that four have died., 34 mins ago
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce http://t.co/qmRzFmI82Y, 36 mins ago
- RT @SMPalestine: VIDEO: This is the scene at the Qalandiya checkpoint right now as thousands march in solidarity with Gaza. https://t.co/LgRvStkWsj, 1 hour ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: In Dec. 2013, a top Abbas confidant predicted to me the PA's unraveling w/in a year. http://t.co/uBliQ7T6GC He was a few months off. Maybe., 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Kate
972 reports: The murder of Muhammed Abu Khdeir and the military onslaught in Gaza have brought about a wave of protest among Arab citizens of Israel. Reports on that wave should be supplemented by unprecedented data: more than 410 Arab citizens of Israel have been arrested on various grounds related to their participation in demonstrations since July 5, according to data provided by human rights NGO Adalah.
Over 400 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s latest attack on Gaza. One of the Israelis killed is a Bedouin. This community lacks bomb shelters, despite an urgent request to provide them.
Ma’an news reports: Dozens of Palestinians were injured in Jerusalem after clashes broke out with Israeli forces at the Al-Aqsa compound in the Old City on Friday amid heightened tensions after the Israeli invasion of Gaza the day before.
Settlers attacked two Palestinian boys, aged 9 and 13, yesterday near village of Deir Istya. One fired a gun, the boys escaped injury. One boy’s 8-year-old brother was seriously injured by settlers just months ago.
Relations between Israelis and Palestinians are disintegrating amid a climate of fear in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Some Palestinians report they are afraid to go out because of attacks
Latest from Gaza: Israel targets houses, mosques, disabled center and essential infrastructure, 14 more Palestinians killed
The latest news from Gaza as of Saturday morning.
Disturbing reports of settler violence on the West Bank: armed settlers descend on a Palestinian village near Nablus, and settlers near Bethlehem and Hebron try to abduct Palestinian boys.
Haaretz reports that the six accused Israeli murderers are not from “hilltop youth” settlement community but from ultra-Orthodox and might have been part of “rabble” that was hunting down Arabs following a rally in Jerusalem
Autopsy report shows Mohammed Abu Khdeir was burned to death; reports spread of other possible abductions
Ma’an news reports a preliminary autopsy report shows that 16-year-old Muhammad Abu Khdeir was burnt alive by his kidnappers.
Clashes broke out in East Jerusalem today between Israeli forces and Palestinians, and Israelis shut down access to Shu’fat refugee camp, amid reports that a Palestinian teen was abducted and killed in a suspected revenge attack for the killings of three Israeli teens in the West Bank
Israeli bulldozers uprooted dozens of olive and fruit trees near Salfit, and Israel tightened its grip over East Jerusalem, with its 300,000 Palestinians as non-citizens
Israeli attacks on Gaza include ‘targeted assassination’ and shooting of teen collecting gravel for concrete
On April 24, about 125 Palestinians under administrative detention launched a hunger strike to protest Israeli conditions. They were joined by more than 80 prisoners. On Tuesday night they struck a deal with authorities to end the strike
Israeli troops early Sunday raided el-’Ain refugee camp in the West Bank and killed a 27-year-old man as he was walking to a mosque for dawn prayers. He had refused orders to return home, and his family says he was mentally disabled. Israel has now killed five Palestinians in the West Bank in an operation said to be aimed at finding missing Israeli teens
Israel has arrested 330 people in the West Bank since the 3 Israeli teens went missing a week ago. On Friday its soldiers shot and killed two Palestinian youths, three overall in the last week
After Ahmad Sabarin, 20, was killed by Israeli forces in Al Jalazoun refugee camp, hundreds of Palestinians marched in protest on Qalandiya checkpoint. Israeli forces used rubber bullets and reportedly live fire too, and one youth was critically injured, five others less seriously
Ma’an news reports: The Palestinian Authority on Sunday condemned the Israeli arrest campaign across the West Bank and airstrikes against the Gaza Strip, denouncing the “collective punishment of the Palestinian people” by Israeli forces.
Israeli authorities approved nearly 400 settlement units but delayed plans for about 1400 others, though they denied that pressure from European leaders had caused them to reconsider, Haaretz reports
Reuters reports: Some 300 Palestinian prisoners on 6-week-old hunger strike would be force fed if bill passes three more votes — Israel’s parliament has given initial approval to a law to enable the force-feeding of Palestinian prisoners on a hunger strike, drawing defiance from activists who said on Tuesday it would not deter the inmates
Palestinian prisoner Ayman Itbeish completes 100th day of hunger strike to protest his indefinite detention
Ma’an News reports on Saturday Ayman Itbeish, 34, finished his 100th day of a hunger strike against his indefinite detention with charge by Israeli authorities, and is one of the longest-striking prisoners currently being held.
Ma‘an News reports that Israeli forces injured at least four protesters as they dispersed hundreds of Palestinians taking part in rallies across the West Bank on Thursday to mark the 1967 war that led to the occupation of the region by Israel. Protests marking Naksa Day, meaning “setback” in Arabic, took place at the Qalandiya checkpoint near Ramallah as well as in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
Amira Hass reports in Haaretz on the latest Draconian plan for resettlement of 15-20,000 Bedouins in the West Bank to make way for Jewish settlements
10 families, 38 children, 15 calves, thousands of sheep are left homeless by latest West Bank demolitions
Israel is moving to legalize a settlement outpost in the Hebron Hills inside an army firing zone where Palestinian villages have been demolished and their wells stoppered.
Israeli demolish Naqab village for 69th time IMEMC 29 May by Chris Carlson — Israeli soldiers demolished the Bedouin village of al-Araqib, in the Naqab (Negev), for what amounts to the 69th consecutive time, on Thursday, say witnesses … The … Continue reading
Haaretz’s Barak Ravid reports that leaders of the Yesha Council of settlements met Wednesday evening with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and asked him to bring an end to the freeze on planning, construction, and marketing of settlement housing. Netanyahu told the settlement leaders: “You have no shield greater than I. I fight for you.”