- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 12
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 2
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 12
- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 11
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 76
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 27
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 0
- How Israel militarized social media 0
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 0
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 240
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 149
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @ThisIsGaZa: I always wanted to write for @intifada. I never thought it will be my Brother's death I write about. http://t.co/RzXAbTrjca #gazaunderattack, 1 hour ago
- RT @alexbkane: Thanks @Colorlines' @jamilahking for posting about my 2012 interview on Palestine with @RobinDGKelley http://t.co/KCoAfb3bmD, 1 hour ago
- Statement: Over 140 legal experts & human rights defenders demand an end to Israel's collective punishment of Gaza http://t.co/1yAA8hSXWK, 1 hour ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: This @CBSNews comment by @bobschieffer is disgusting and racist. No place for this in US MSM http://t.co/YnSmJ9WF5p, 2 hours ago
- RT @ishaantharoor: Gaza and the death of the two-state solution http://t.co/7zvkqSks9P, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Kate
Two Palestinian youths were beaten unconscious in occupied East Jerusalem as Israeli vigilante groups target Palestinians and leftists, Rania Khalek reports at Electronic Intifada
Ma’an news reports, Six Palestinians were killed on Friday as protests erupted across the West Bank in solidarity with the Gaza Strip, which has been under Israeli assault for the last 18 days.
972 reports: The murder of Muhammed Abu Khdeir and the military onslaught in Gaza have brought about a wave of protest among Arab citizens of Israel. Reports on that wave should be supplemented by unprecedented data: more than 410 Arab citizens of Israel have been arrested on various grounds related to their participation in demonstrations since July 5, according to data provided by human rights NGO Adalah.
Over 400 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s latest attack on Gaza. One of the Israelis killed is a Bedouin. This community lacks bomb shelters, despite an urgent request to provide them.
Ma’an news reports: Dozens of Palestinians were injured in Jerusalem after clashes broke out with Israeli forces at the Al-Aqsa compound in the Old City on Friday amid heightened tensions after the Israeli invasion of Gaza the day before.
Settlers attacked two Palestinian boys, aged 9 and 13, yesterday near village of Deir Istya. One fired a gun, the boys escaped injury. One boy’s 8-year-old brother was seriously injured by settlers just months ago.
Relations between Israelis and Palestinians are disintegrating amid a climate of fear in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Some Palestinians report they are afraid to go out because of attacks
Latest from Gaza: Israel targets houses, mosques, disabled center and essential infrastructure, 14 more Palestinians killed
The latest news from Gaza as of Saturday morning.
Disturbing reports of settler violence on the West Bank: armed settlers descend on a Palestinian village near Nablus, and settlers near Bethlehem and Hebron try to abduct Palestinian boys.
Haaretz reports that the six accused Israeli murderers are not from “hilltop youth” settlement community but from ultra-Orthodox and might have been part of “rabble” that was hunting down Arabs following a rally in Jerusalem
Autopsy report shows Mohammed Abu Khdeir was burned to death; reports spread of other possible abductions
Ma’an news reports a preliminary autopsy report shows that 16-year-old Muhammad Abu Khdeir was burnt alive by his kidnappers.
Clashes broke out in East Jerusalem today between Israeli forces and Palestinians, and Israelis shut down access to Shu’fat refugee camp, amid reports that a Palestinian teen was abducted and killed in a suspected revenge attack for the killings of three Israeli teens in the West Bank
Israeli bulldozers uprooted dozens of olive and fruit trees near Salfit, and Israel tightened its grip over East Jerusalem, with its 300,000 Palestinians as non-citizens
Israeli attacks on Gaza include ‘targeted assassination’ and shooting of teen collecting gravel for concrete
On April 24, about 125 Palestinians under administrative detention launched a hunger strike to protest Israeli conditions. They were joined by more than 80 prisoners. On Tuesday night they struck a deal with authorities to end the strike
Israeli troops early Sunday raided el-’Ain refugee camp in the West Bank and killed a 27-year-old man as he was walking to a mosque for dawn prayers. He had refused orders to return home, and his family says he was mentally disabled. Israel has now killed five Palestinians in the West Bank in an operation said to be aimed at finding missing Israeli teens
Israel has arrested 330 people in the West Bank since the 3 Israeli teens went missing a week ago. On Friday its soldiers shot and killed two Palestinian youths, three overall in the last week
After Ahmad Sabarin, 20, was killed by Israeli forces in Al Jalazoun refugee camp, hundreds of Palestinians marched in protest on Qalandiya checkpoint. Israeli forces used rubber bullets and reportedly live fire too, and one youth was critically injured, five others less seriously
Ma’an news reports: The Palestinian Authority on Sunday condemned the Israeli arrest campaign across the West Bank and airstrikes against the Gaza Strip, denouncing the “collective punishment of the Palestinian people” by Israeli forces.
Israeli authorities approved nearly 400 settlement units but delayed plans for about 1400 others, though they denied that pressure from European leaders had caused them to reconsider, Haaretz reports
Reuters reports: Some 300 Palestinian prisoners on 6-week-old hunger strike would be force fed if bill passes three more votes — Israel’s parliament has given initial approval to a law to enable the force-feeding of Palestinian prisoners on a hunger strike, drawing defiance from activists who said on Tuesday it would not deter the inmates
Palestinian prisoner Ayman Itbeish completes 100th day of hunger strike to protest his indefinite detention
Ma’an News reports on Saturday Ayman Itbeish, 34, finished his 100th day of a hunger strike against his indefinite detention with charge by Israeli authorities, and is one of the longest-striking prisoners currently being held.
Ma‘an News reports that Israeli forces injured at least four protesters as they dispersed hundreds of Palestinians taking part in rallies across the West Bank on Thursday to mark the 1967 war that led to the occupation of the region by Israel. Protests marking Naksa Day, meaning “setback” in Arabic, took place at the Qalandiya checkpoint near Ramallah as well as in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
Amira Hass reports in Haaretz on the latest Draconian plan for resettlement of 15-20,000 Bedouins in the West Bank to make way for Jewish settlements
10 families, 38 children, 15 calves, thousands of sheep are left homeless by latest West Bank demolitions
Israel is moving to legalize a settlement outpost in the Hebron Hills inside an army firing zone where Palestinian villages have been demolished and their wells stoppered.