- ‘We have nothing left to lose. I would rather die … 46
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 4
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 42
- Video: Night raid in Bethlehem’s Aida Refugee Camp 5
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of … 16
- Jews must take action against Israeli brutality 4
- Dear American media, I’m asking you to simply tell what’s … 17
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 36
- Dwight Howard should be thanked for showing the price of … 0
- Israel is in a pickle 0
- Gaza is a concentration camp, and it’s an American delusion … 0
- As Israel attacks Gaza, 110 Palestinians injured and 12 detained … 0
- Israeli police ransack Tariq Abu Khdeir family home and arrest … 0
- International activists risk lives to protect Gaza’s ambulances under fire 0
- Mr. Obama, spend one night with us in Shifa hospital, … 0
- The heart of the problem with Israel: The mass expulsion … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 362
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 214
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 182
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The trojan horse of liberal Zionism 105
- RT @Mogaza: #Israel served Hamas in this war, by making most #Gaza's non-Hamas liberals to become supporters for Hamas, 31 mins ago
- RT @jvplive: Activists interrupt @CUFI dinner 'Stop bombarding Palestinians' #GazaUnderFire http://t.co/RMTVgoYN8E, 32 mins ago
- RT @TonyKaron: Israel accepting PA control of Gaza crossings could bring cease-fire, b/c answers key Hamas demand re opening http://t.co/ahEGmoB2Qr, 35 mins ago
- RT @mosaaberizing: It doesn't get more dehumanizing than this: "Others". http://t.co/HLgpBnGPaV, 36 mins ago
- RT @MyFreePal: We, Palestinians, are demanding rights which you take for-granted and practice without even thinking about losing. #GazaUnderAttack, 38 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza beach (120)
- Kay24: Yes seafoid, no investigations needed for that either. Strange when their criminals do something evil, there...
- Kay24: BBC is breaking News reporting that Israel has announced a comprehensive cease fire from tomorrow (Friday)...
- Inanna: Thanks for the link Denis. I’ll provide a quick translation but nothing will really translate the...
- The trojan horse of liberal Zionism (90)
- MHughes976: Just to revert to the question of the Trojan Horse. The Troy in question might be left-wing opinion in...
- seafoid: Beinart on why liberal Zionsim is no different to the regular version http://www.haaretz.com/opin...
- Mich Levy: The metaphor of the Trojan horse does not imply that there is a Zionist HQ that deploys the Zionist left;...
- Hamas has agreed to a ceasefire, says senior Palestinian official (Updated) (50)
- Walid: More elaboration by Jonathan Cook on the “Egyptian” cease-fire scam involving strings pulling by...
- Following missile attack last Saturday, al-Wafa Hospital receives warnings of new round of bombings (14)
- Joe Catron: “Do you think that missile attacks on Israeli cities and towns are war crimes?” As far as I...
- Report: Hamas offers Israel 10 conditions for a 10 year truce (79)
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza beach (120)
Author Archives: Kate
Over 400 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s latest attack on Gaza. One of the Israelis killed is a Bedouin. This community lacks bomb shelters, despite an urgent request to provide them.
Ma’an news reports: Dozens of Palestinians were injured in Jerusalem after clashes broke out with Israeli forces at the Al-Aqsa compound in the Old City on Friday amid heightened tensions after the Israeli invasion of Gaza the day before.
Settlers attacked two Palestinian boys, aged 9 and 13, yesterday near village of Deir Istya. One fired a gun, the boys escaped injury. One boy’s 8-year-old brother was seriously injured by settlers just months ago.
Relations between Israelis and Palestinians are disintegrating amid a climate of fear in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Some Palestinians report they are afraid to go out because of attacks
Latest from Gaza: Israel targets houses, mosques, disabled center and essential infrastructure, 14 more Palestinians killed
The latest news from Gaza as of Saturday morning.
Disturbing reports of settler violence on the West Bank: armed settlers descend on a Palestinian village near Nablus, and settlers near Bethlehem and Hebron try to abduct Palestinian boys.
Haaretz reports that the six accused Israeli murderers are not from “hilltop youth” settlement community but from ultra-Orthodox and might have been part of “rabble” that was hunting down Arabs following a rally in Jerusalem
Autopsy report shows Mohammed Abu Khdeir was burned to death; reports spread of other possible abductions
Ma’an news reports a preliminary autopsy report shows that 16-year-old Muhammad Abu Khdeir was burnt alive by his kidnappers.
Clashes broke out in East Jerusalem today between Israeli forces and Palestinians, and Israelis shut down access to Shu’fat refugee camp, amid reports that a Palestinian teen was abducted and killed in a suspected revenge attack for the killings of three Israeli teens in the West Bank
Israeli bulldozers uprooted dozens of olive and fruit trees near Salfit, and Israel tightened its grip over East Jerusalem, with its 300,000 Palestinians as non-citizens
Israeli attacks on Gaza include ‘targeted assassination’ and shooting of teen collecting gravel for concrete
On April 24, about 125 Palestinians under administrative detention launched a hunger strike to protest Israeli conditions. They were joined by more than 80 prisoners. On Tuesday night they struck a deal with authorities to end the strike
Israeli troops early Sunday raided el-’Ain refugee camp in the West Bank and killed a 27-year-old man as he was walking to a mosque for dawn prayers. He had refused orders to return home, and his family says he was mentally disabled. Israel has now killed five Palestinians in the West Bank in an operation said to be aimed at finding missing Israeli teens
Israel has arrested 330 people in the West Bank since the 3 Israeli teens went missing a week ago. On Friday its soldiers shot and killed two Palestinian youths, three overall in the last week
After Ahmad Sabarin, 20, was killed by Israeli forces in Al Jalazoun refugee camp, hundreds of Palestinians marched in protest on Qalandiya checkpoint. Israeli forces used rubber bullets and reportedly live fire too, and one youth was critically injured, five others less seriously
Ma’an news reports: The Palestinian Authority on Sunday condemned the Israeli arrest campaign across the West Bank and airstrikes against the Gaza Strip, denouncing the “collective punishment of the Palestinian people” by Israeli forces.
Israeli authorities approved nearly 400 settlement units but delayed plans for about 1400 others, though they denied that pressure from European leaders had caused them to reconsider, Haaretz reports
Reuters reports: Some 300 Palestinian prisoners on 6-week-old hunger strike would be force fed if bill passes three more votes — Israel’s parliament has given initial approval to a law to enable the force-feeding of Palestinian prisoners on a hunger strike, drawing defiance from activists who said on Tuesday it would not deter the inmates
Palestinian prisoner Ayman Itbeish completes 100th day of hunger strike to protest his indefinite detention
Ma’an News reports on Saturday Ayman Itbeish, 34, finished his 100th day of a hunger strike against his indefinite detention with charge by Israeli authorities, and is one of the longest-striking prisoners currently being held.
Ma‘an News reports that Israeli forces injured at least four protesters as they dispersed hundreds of Palestinians taking part in rallies across the West Bank on Thursday to mark the 1967 war that led to the occupation of the region by Israel. Protests marking Naksa Day, meaning “setback” in Arabic, took place at the Qalandiya checkpoint near Ramallah as well as in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
Amira Hass reports in Haaretz on the latest Draconian plan for resettlement of 15-20,000 Bedouins in the West Bank to make way for Jewish settlements
10 families, 38 children, 15 calves, thousands of sheep are left homeless by latest West Bank demolitions
Israel is moving to legalize a settlement outpost in the Hebron Hills inside an army firing zone where Palestinian villages have been demolished and their wells stoppered.
Israeli demolish Naqab village for 69th time IMEMC 29 May by Chris Carlson — Israeli soldiers demolished the Bedouin village of al-Araqib, in the Naqab (Negev), for what amounts to the 69th consecutive time, on Thursday, say witnesses … The … Continue reading
Haaretz’s Barak Ravid reports that leaders of the Yesha Council of settlements met Wednesday evening with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and asked him to bring an end to the freeze on planning, construction, and marketing of settlement housing. Netanyahu told the settlement leaders: “You have no shield greater than I. I fight for you.”
Ideological settlers are also moving to Palestinian parts of Israel to try and ‘settle the land’ with Jews