- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 12
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 0
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza … 3
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what … 18
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ … 22
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ … 29
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks … 8
- Israeli government hid map of Prawer plan from Bedouins and … 2
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 0
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 0
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 140
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 83
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 71
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 71
- RT @WordreamsTweets: @Mondoweiss article about the upcoming Gaza Writes Back, copyedited by Wordreams! http://t.co/Hsb8Vj8Gjz, 8 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Made a donation to @Mondoweiss. But didn't take the gift copy of @MaxBlumenthal's book. Got my copy already. Donate: https://t.co/kEg7uuogeA, 8 hours ago
- RT @Detroit_to_Gaza: @Mondoweiss - University of Michigan Palestine rights campaign goes global: http://t.co/GVdeW7QCaD: "Thousands of students 'evicted' ", 8 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Hillel is not a space for Jewish students, according to the Hillel president, but a space for Zionist Jewish students http://t.co/q1aU7Nsv9q, 9 hours ago
- RT @MJPlitnick: Israeli pols show contempt for Mandela's legacy: Israeli lawmakers absent from SA ambassador's memorial for Mandela http://t.co/xHIlE9ChE2, 11 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ is bad for the Jews (29)
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to speak out’ (10)
- talknic: @yonah fredman ” The analogy between Zionists and Nazis in reference to Nazism between 1939 and 1945...
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (74)
- yonah fredman: talknic- This is not a court of law. I don’t need to back up my accusations. irishmoses wanted...
- talknic: @ yonah fredman Accusations are not evidence. Please provide verbatim, in context quotes to back your...
- yonah fredman: correction- associating Citizen with David Duke is totally within bounds, because he mentions David...
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: Omar Saad, a young violist and conscientious objector (12)
- Philip Munger: And they especially regard excellence in classically-based musical performance as their own province.
- Philip Munger: Susan A: It is a beautiful concert, from start to finish. Crossover Seasons in a very special way...
- Taxi: Philip Munger, Thanks for posting the concert link. Wonderful stuff! Thanks too to Nigel Kennedy for bringing...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (75)
- Shmuel: Oppressor / Oppressed dichotomies is the language of NGOs and childish at that, like calling someone a...
Author Archives: Lizzy Ratner
NYPD’s undercover cop scouted pro-Palestinian community before finding star terrorism target
When judge Asher Grunis wrote the majority opinion in the Citizenship Law case a few weeks ago, he quickly became the mascot for a particularly naked kind of discrimination, one that proudly subordinates human rights and equality to racism and nationalism. Now he’s president of of Israel’s Supreme Court.
In May 2006, as tensions flared between the US and Iran, the NYPD “recommended increasing surveillance of thousands of Shiite Muslims and their mosques, based solely on their religion, as a way to sweep the Northeast for signs of Iranian terrorists.”
Last week, Haaretz’s Barak Ravid broke the story that Dennis Ross, late of the Obama administration, had never actually given up his security clearance and was still playing an outsized, and seemingly unchecked, role in advising the president. Now Ravid … Continue reading
Haaretz reports, Ross may have given up his title — Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Central Region — but he continues to advise President Obama “on a regular basis” and even maintains his security clearance.
Ron Paul newsletter controversy reveals he’s either incompetent, cynical, or racist
Local law enforcement send drones to spy on US Citizens on US soil, including on a family in North Dakota believed to have stolen six cows.
Why the Brotherhood won: it’s about class. The revolutionaries waited for the masses to come to them; the Brotherhood organized the poor.
The United Houma Nation, Louisiana’s largest Indian tribe, have endured centuries of dispossession, most recently at the hands of BP. Now they’re pushing back.
Late Wednesday night, after I finished devouring the Steve Jobs obituary on the New York Times website, my eye happened to catch the headline for another of the day’s death reports: “Hanan Porat, Jewish Settlement Leader, Dies at 67.” (Actually, … Continue reading
Today is the tenth anniversary of the US war on Afghanistan. Ten years. A decade. The longest war in US history*. Nearly 1700 US troops dead and more than 1000 “coalition partners” dead. Thousands of soldiers wounded, thousands traumatized. Billions … Continue reading
The Associated Press has published yet another stunning expose about the long and sinister reach of the New York Police Department’s COINTELPRO-style mosque surveillance program. After breaking the news that the NYPD has teamed up the CIA to spy on … Continue reading
While all eyes have been on the Palestinian Authority’s bid for statehood at the United Nations, the PA has been busy pursuing other creative, if less formal and significant, ways to promote the idea and fact of a Palestinian state. … Continue reading
Another day, another act of extreme “price tag” violence. It’s all getting to be terrifyingly, horrifyingly routine. Early this morning, suspected Jewish extremists — or heck, let’s just call them what they are, suspected Jewish terrorists — set a mosque … Continue reading
It’s been several days since I finally got around to reading former New York Times executive editor Bill Keller’s hymn of self-justification – I mean, sober and self-reflective mea culpa – for his early, eager support of the Iraq war, … Continue reading
Over here in the good old US of A, we like to think that we have it all together, that words like reckless, backwards, incompetent, irresponsible, unreliable, and rogue belong to other nations, particularly those of the developing and/or Middle … Continue reading
Earlier today I quietly imploded when I read that George W. Bush, our former man-child president, “drew a brief cheer from the crowd” before reading a letter from Abraham Lincoln to a Civil War mother at today’s Ground Zero ceremony. … Continue reading
Congrats to Muhammad Barakei, Palestinian-Israeli Knesset Member from Hadash, who managed to sum up in just 12 words the sick spectacle of Israel’s Jewish political elite genuflecting to International Man of bigotry, Glenn Beck. As quoted in the Jerusalem Post: … Continue reading
It’s T minus twelve days until Glenn Beck’s big End Times powwow in Jerusalem (an event he has predicted “will change the direction of the world”), and the wing-nuts are coming out of the, well, wings to support it. Tea … Continue reading
It’s official: on Tuesday, the Israeli government gave the Simon Wiesenthal Center the go-ahead to begin digging the foundation of its so-called Museum of Tolerance, a name that would be ironic if Israel’s political discourse hadn’t become so mutilated that … Continue reading
Flush with victory from the passage of the anti-BDS bill by the Knesset on Monday, the nationalist Yisrael Beitenu party and Netanyahu’s Likud party are pushing two controversial legislative bills, both designed to further limit dissent and debate within Israel. … Continue reading
Fresh off his first visit to Auschwitz, born-again Jew-lover Glenn Beck has arrived in Israel for several spectacle-filled days of Israel-pumping and Islam-bashing. The visit comes a little more than a month before his Restore Courage Rally in Jerusalem, which … Continue reading
Yep, you read the headline right. On May 1oth, the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General committed the diplomatic equivalent of a Freudian slip when it included Israel on a list of rogue terror states, YNet reports. … Continue reading
A new United Nations report has come to the obvious yet important conclusion that Israel used disproportionate force when it opened fire on refugees who marched on the Lebanon-Israel border during this year’s Nakba day protests. Seven people were killed … Continue reading
Constituents aboard Audacity of Hope challenge Sen. Mark Kirk’s call for US to ‘disable flotilla vessels’
Several weeks ago, Mark Kirk, the Republican senator from Illinois who inherited Barack Obama’s seat with the help of wads of pro-Israel cash, called for the American government to supply special ops forces and “naval support” to Israel to help … Continue reading