- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 6
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 11
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 2 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 11 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 11 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 15 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 16 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (62)
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (35)
- Walid: Sibiriak, how much of this nation-affinity is natural or rather spontaneous and how much of it is programmed...
- eljay: >> eljay, all of them are opportunistic. Walid, I was specifically addressing the question “From...
- Walid: “Because nations even back then did not accept, or to put it more accurately would not accept “Jews as...
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ (11)
- Talkback: Brett Firfer hates Gentiles. He loves them to be occupied, oppressed, disenfrenchized, dispossessed,...
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (34)
- LeaNder: zionist neocon faction in the US goverment. They may well be in the larger boat of neo-cold-war thinking,...
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS (9)
- Citizen: Agreed. Mr. Connors is brave, persistent, a truth seeker, and Ms. Alison Weir has been poking a stick in...
- ‘NYT’ boycott debate features two Zionists, and excludes BDS (39)
- Cliff: @JeffB No, BDS is not imperialism. BDS is about human rights and holding criminals like those in Israel who...
Author Archives: Lizzy Ratner
NYPD’s undercover cop scouted pro-Palestinian community before finding star terrorism target
When judge Asher Grunis wrote the majority opinion in the Citizenship Law case a few weeks ago, he quickly became the mascot for a particularly naked kind of discrimination, one that proudly subordinates human rights and equality to racism and nationalism. Now he’s president of of Israel’s Supreme Court.
In May 2006, as tensions flared between the US and Iran, the NYPD “recommended increasing surveillance of thousands of Shiite Muslims and their mosques, based solely on their religion, as a way to sweep the Northeast for signs of Iranian terrorists.”
Last week, Haaretz’s Barak Ravid broke the story that Dennis Ross, late of the Obama administration, had never actually given up his security clearance and was still playing an outsized, and seemingly unchecked, role in advising the president. Now Ravid … Continue reading
Haaretz reports, Ross may have given up his title — Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Central Region — but he continues to advise President Obama “on a regular basis” and even maintains his security clearance.
Ron Paul newsletter controversy reveals he’s either incompetent, cynical, or racist
Local law enforcement send drones to spy on US Citizens on US soil, including on a family in North Dakota believed to have stolen six cows.
Why the Brotherhood won: it’s about class. The revolutionaries waited for the masses to come to them; the Brotherhood organized the poor.
The United Houma Nation, Louisiana’s largest Indian tribe, have endured centuries of dispossession, most recently at the hands of BP. Now they’re pushing back.
Late Wednesday night, after I finished devouring the Steve Jobs obituary on the New York Times website, my eye happened to catch the headline for another of the day’s death reports: “Hanan Porat, Jewish Settlement Leader, Dies at 67.” (Actually, … Continue reading
Today is the tenth anniversary of the US war on Afghanistan. Ten years. A decade. The longest war in US history*. Nearly 1700 US troops dead and more than 1000 “coalition partners” dead. Thousands of soldiers wounded, thousands traumatized. Billions … Continue reading
The Associated Press has published yet another stunning expose about the long and sinister reach of the New York Police Department’s COINTELPRO-style mosque surveillance program. After breaking the news that the NYPD has teamed up the CIA to spy on … Continue reading
While all eyes have been on the Palestinian Authority’s bid for statehood at the United Nations, the PA has been busy pursuing other creative, if less formal and significant, ways to promote the idea and fact of a Palestinian state. … Continue reading
Another day, another act of extreme “price tag” violence. It’s all getting to be terrifyingly, horrifyingly routine. Early this morning, suspected Jewish extremists — or heck, let’s just call them what they are, suspected Jewish terrorists — set a mosque … Continue reading
It’s been several days since I finally got around to reading former New York Times executive editor Bill Keller’s hymn of self-justification – I mean, sober and self-reflective mea culpa – for his early, eager support of the Iraq war, … Continue reading
Over here in the good old US of A, we like to think that we have it all together, that words like reckless, backwards, incompetent, irresponsible, unreliable, and rogue belong to other nations, particularly those of the developing and/or Middle … Continue reading
Earlier today I quietly imploded when I read that George W. Bush, our former man-child president, “drew a brief cheer from the crowd” before reading a letter from Abraham Lincoln to a Civil War mother at today’s Ground Zero ceremony. … Continue reading
Congrats to Muhammad Barakei, Palestinian-Israeli Knesset Member from Hadash, who managed to sum up in just 12 words the sick spectacle of Israel’s Jewish political elite genuflecting to International Man of bigotry, Glenn Beck. As quoted in the Jerusalem Post: … Continue reading
It’s T minus twelve days until Glenn Beck’s big End Times powwow in Jerusalem (an event he has predicted “will change the direction of the world”), and the wing-nuts are coming out of the, well, wings to support it. Tea … Continue reading
It’s official: on Tuesday, the Israeli government gave the Simon Wiesenthal Center the go-ahead to begin digging the foundation of its so-called Museum of Tolerance, a name that would be ironic if Israel’s political discourse hadn’t become so mutilated that … Continue reading
Flush with victory from the passage of the anti-BDS bill by the Knesset on Monday, the nationalist Yisrael Beitenu party and Netanyahu’s Likud party are pushing two controversial legislative bills, both designed to further limit dissent and debate within Israel. … Continue reading
Fresh off his first visit to Auschwitz, born-again Jew-lover Glenn Beck has arrived in Israel for several spectacle-filled days of Israel-pumping and Islam-bashing. The visit comes a little more than a month before his Restore Courage Rally in Jerusalem, which … Continue reading
Yep, you read the headline right. On May 1oth, the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General committed the diplomatic equivalent of a Freudian slip when it included Israel on a list of rogue terror states, YNet reports. … Continue reading
A new United Nations report has come to the obvious yet important conclusion that Israel used disproportionate force when it opened fire on refugees who marched on the Lebanon-Israel border during this year’s Nakba day protests. Seven people were killed … Continue reading
Constituents aboard Audacity of Hope challenge Sen. Mark Kirk’s call for US to ‘disable flotilla vessels’
Several weeks ago, Mark Kirk, the Republican senator from Illinois who inherited Barack Obama’s seat with the help of wads of pro-Israel cash, called for the American government to supply special ops forces and “naval support” to Israel to help … Continue reading