- Film Review — ‘Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine’ 1
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial 1
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream 2
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 32
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 6
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 17
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 2
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 8
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 0
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 0
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 0
- Israel apologists attempted to discredit Mandela with false Israel apartheid … 0
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted … 0
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 0
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 0
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 127
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 115
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Man of zeal? 71
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 69
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial http://t.co/3BmK05QVN9, 2 hours ago
- RT @aptly_engineerd: Israel approves detention without charges for African migrants http://t.co/5SUIhnyfpt via @reuters, 4 hours ago
- RT @elivalley: “'Anti-Zionists’ will not be permitted to speak using the Hillel name or under the Hillel roof.” - @eric_fingerhut http://t.co/yLjpfbZv3S, 4 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Ashrawi urges NBC to halt drama series set in East Jerusalem | Maan News Agency http://t.co/2dALLUUJjA, 5 hours ago
- RT @adanielroth: Billel? Hillel Cool? Hillel Zero? Crystal Hillel? Hillel St. Blues? #NewNamesForSwarthmoreHillel @alexbkane @Mondoweiss @simonerzim, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Man of zeal? (72)
- just: Dylan is a vampire? wow. Really very weird statement coming from a very weird dude. he was once good, now he...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (17)
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (32)
- yonah fredman: Again we have the language of propaganda: “He certainly does not refer to Jewish American...
- ritzl: Good point. Increasing sanctions/sabotaging this deal would have to be veto proof in both bodies, assuming...
- JeffB: @piotr The remaining question is if Menendez and Schumer are engaged in “the usual posturing” or in “rank,...
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (69)
- Hostage: The US is mostly only blocking security council resolutions. They do not want to create meaningless article...
- Hostage: People considered the Iraq resolutions harsh but they never said anything like member nations should...
- JeffB: Walid – The Palestinians have won their case in the international arena again and again and again and...
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial (1)
- Kathleen: Racism is racism and so many folks have yet to connect the apartheid dots. Thanks Alex. So many South...
- Man of zeal? (72)
Author Archives: Mark Wauck
Santorum, a Catholic, did worse in Catholic counties in Iowa than he did with Evangelicals. And it’s no surprise. Catholics don’t like his pro-war views
In ‘The American Interest,’ minister’s kid Mead says God favors and protects Israel like he protects the U.S.
Here’s a piece called “The Dreamer goes down for the count,” Walter Russell Mead writing about Obama and Israel in The American Interest. You can safely ignore the first half of this. But starting at: “The President is now wandering … Continue reading
It looks like the changing public discourse is beginning to affect Walter Russell Mead in the American Interest, but he’s unsure of how far he can go without being “revealed” as an anti-Semite. He actually says–and this is shocking for … Continue reading
I read two articles this morning that make an interesting contrast–or, rather, there’s not that much contrast in the mindsets exhibited. 1. At NRO: An Ill Season: The Arab spring unleashes Islamists on Egyptian Christians by Andy McCarthy. 2. At … Continue reading
My brother forwarded this Krauthammer piece from the Washington Post and commented: I love this part [re El Baradei]: He has lived abroad for decades. He has less of a residency claim to Egypt than Rahm Emanuel has to Chicago. … Continue reading
This is funny. While engaged in a standard Zionist whine about the media’s unfairness to Israel, D.C. attorney Paul Mirengoff of the neocon blog Powerline lets the cat out of the bag–albeit without elaboration. The piece is called, "Name that … Continue reading
Yesterday on his nationally syndicated Morning in America radio program Bill Bennett interviewed the well known writer on military affairs, Bing West. West is a former Marine and former Ass’t Secretary of Defense in the Reagan Administration. He is also … Continue reading
Re your claim that evangelical Christians were not important in the history of US support for Israel, here’s a key passage from the new book by Geoffrey Wawro: Truman, a staunch supporter of Zionism as a senator, as president, saw … Continue reading
Yesterday I did a post on Roger Cohen’s piece that used the Polish air-crash tragedy, and the Russian response to it as evidence that all intractable struggles can be healed–and Israel and Palestine should learn something about giving up historical … Continue reading
Justin Elliott at TPM has an interesting piece on the latest developments in the Stewart Nozette spying case, that the prosecutor said in court that Nozette had admitted to an FBI agent that he had passed classified info to Israel in the … Continue reading
While conservative commentators continue to maintain a fairly deafening silence on the Stewart David Nozette spy case, additional information is emerging in the MSM. For starters, Nozette’s appeal to foreign intelligence agencies becomes pretty transparently clear when you take a … Continue reading
Don’t you think it’s a story that essentially NO "conservative" media outlets and blogs think that the arrest of a former NASA scientist for allegedly seeking to sell classified secrets to Israel is a story? Where’s Drudge on this? Where … Continue reading
The Polish shtetl formed Jews as distinct political entity in Eastern Europe. This had an effect on anti-Semitic reaction, and on Jewish political engagement in America?