- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 18
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 15
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 47
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 8
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 19
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 15
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 14
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 674
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 311
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 82
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 05/19/2013 - http://t.co/CEtLw0LHmv, 3 hours ago
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 16 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 21 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 21 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 21 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (50)
- Walid: Annie, read both and I agree that WU is somewhat amateurish but I wouldn’t go as far as branding her a...
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt (15)
- Accentitude: I was covering this even “Sabt al Nour” or the day of the Holy fire that is referred to in...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (47)
- Accentitude: I completely agree with this statement: “This is the only place in the world where I feel that it means...
- Accentitude: Actually there is a formal defined Palestine. It was adopted by a majority of the planet earth not too...
- Ramzi Jaber: James, she is certainly doing that but not out of legal obligation, rather out of submission to money...
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (63)
- irmep: I emailed several people in charge of fielding the survey, mentioning this discussion. Two of them responded...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (18)
- Exile and the Prophetic: Joseph Massad strikes again (12)
- yonah fredman: Massad’s essay is toxic. (It is poison with the purpose of poison rather than the purpose of...
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi Marmara (82)
- Hostage: Really? In August 1948 Emil Ghoury, a member of the Arab Higher Committee, the “Cabinet” of the Palestinian...
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (50)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Matthew Phillips
What is it about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict that compels intelligent and sensitive analysts to persist in believing—despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary— that a solution will emerge top-down, from leaders, rather than from demands made by civil society? And why, … Continue reading
In a memorable exchange on the Gaza War between Norman Finkelstein and Benny Morris some months ago, Finkelstein asked Morris about one of the more bizarre allegations in the Goldstone Report: the evidence of the massive destruction of chicken farms … Continue reading
“The tasks of the critic, thus armored, are…to question relentlessly the platitudes and myths of his society”—Michael Walzer, The Company of Critics “We justify our conduct; we judge the conduct of others.”—Michael Walzer, Just and Unjust Wars In November, … Continue reading
Many readers of Mondoweiss will, I’m sure, be familiar of the work of Chalmers Johnson. In my last review, dealing with the relevance of imperial and postwar Japan for current American policy in the Middle East, I cited Johnson as notable American … Continue reading
In a 2007 speech at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Convention, President Bush sought to ridicule, as he had done throughout his time in office, all those “specialists” who supposedly belittled Iraq’s prospects for democracy. In doing so, he invoked … Continue reading
Other People’s Dissidents: a review of When They Come for Us, We’ll Be Gone: the Epic Struggle to Save Soviet Jewry
Due in large part to the examples set forth by editors Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz, readers of Mondoweiss have been encouraged to think about the issue of American “double standards”, especially in terms of the Israeli/ Palestinian conflict. As … Continue reading
Readers may remember the Jewish novelist Michael Chabon’s strange article in the New York Times days after the Mavi Marmara debacle. In his op-ed, “Chosen, but Not Special”, Chabon claims that recent evidence of Israeli “stupidity”, namely the massacre of civilians in … Continue reading
On June 13th, two weeks after Israel’s attack on the Mavi Marmara, a profile of the respected liberal intellectual and Just War theorist Michael Walzer appeared in Haaretz. Amidst his professed concern about Israel’s diminished standing in world, Walzer offered … Continue reading