- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at … 5
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran 25
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to … 25
- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ … 14
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible … 61
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate 54
- Video: Moataz Washaha’s family asks us to boycott Israel 1
- Water service restored to thousands of Palestinians in East Jerusalem … 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 0
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 137
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 91
- News of alleged Iranian arms headed to Gaza has been all over media but another arms interception story was ignored http://t.co/ogj0sCn9Is, 10 hours ago
- 'This wall will fall' (the writing on the wall, at Ohio State) http://t.co/D4Zuq7rj6K, 14 hours ago
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers-- 'you were about to throw stones' http://t.co/wAFUpXLJFB, 15 hours ago
- Marty Peretz's message to Chris Hughes: Keep 'The New Republic' on Israel's side http://t.co/o9ORGuBOMh, 17 hours ago
- There’s diversity in the evangelical community on Israel & the Israeli government is displeased by that http://t.co/sgIwlajqtQ #CATC2014, 19 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (54)
- Walid: seafoid, I was thinking of the flood of educated Europeans that had a hand at introducing technology there....
- seafoid: @ Walid Zionism brought ‘modernity” to a lot of poor Sephardim but I am not sure it was better...
- JewEgg: Um… i also strongly oppose Israel’s illegal occupation and settlement in the west bank and gaza...
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to throw stones’ (25)
- talknic: Shuki “they knelt down and gave the boys a friendly reminder that its not okay to throw rocks”...
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible infamy,’ Israel says (61)
- FreddyV: My issue is when people use their religious definition as currency. Messianic Jews are virtually worshipped...
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier (79)
- Krauss: I’m thinking of his private letters when he was a young man, which weren’t published until many...
- Bing Bong: “Exactly. He should have said something. He said nothing.” So he didn’t actively deny...
- Sibiriak: yonah fredman: I don’t really care if in his heart he really loved the Jews [...]That was an antisemitic...
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics (57)
- puppies: @Hostage – It seems as if we do agree that the “Jewish” nationality is totally fictive. A...
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran (25)
- Nevada Ned: Everybody in Official Washington has now forgotten about it, but back in the 1980′s, the US and...
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (54)
Author Archives: Matthew Phillips
What is it about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict that compels intelligent and sensitive analysts to persist in believing—despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary— that a solution will emerge top-down, from leaders, rather than from demands made by civil society? And why, … Continue reading
In a memorable exchange on the Gaza War between Norman Finkelstein and Benny Morris some months ago, Finkelstein asked Morris about one of the more bizarre allegations in the Goldstone Report: the evidence of the massive destruction of chicken farms … Continue reading
“The tasks of the critic, thus armored, are…to question relentlessly the platitudes and myths of his society”—Michael Walzer, The Company of Critics “We justify our conduct; we judge the conduct of others.”—Michael Walzer, Just and Unjust Wars In November, … Continue reading
Many readers of Mondoweiss will, I’m sure, be familiar of the work of Chalmers Johnson. In my last review, dealing with the relevance of imperial and postwar Japan for current American policy in the Middle East, I cited Johnson as notable American … Continue reading
In a 2007 speech at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Convention, President Bush sought to ridicule, as he had done throughout his time in office, all those “specialists” who supposedly belittled Iraq’s prospects for democracy. In doing so, he invoked … Continue reading
Other People’s Dissidents: a review of When They Come for Us, We’ll Be Gone: the Epic Struggle to Save Soviet Jewry
Due in large part to the examples set forth by editors Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz, readers of Mondoweiss have been encouraged to think about the issue of American “double standards”, especially in terms of the Israeli/ Palestinian conflict. As … Continue reading
Readers may remember the Jewish novelist Michael Chabon’s strange article in the New York Times days after the Mavi Marmara debacle. In his op-ed, “Chosen, but Not Special”, Chabon claims that recent evidence of Israeli “stupidity”, namely the massacre of civilians in … Continue reading
On June 13th, two weeks after Israel’s attack on the Mavi Marmara, a profile of the respected liberal intellectual and Just War theorist Michael Walzer appeared in Haaretz. Amidst his professed concern about Israel’s diminished standing in world, Walzer offered … Continue reading