- Democratic Party leader echoes Netanyahu’s new theme: Hamas equals ISIS 16
- ‘Common Dreams’ website traps Hasbara troll spewing anti-Semitism 14
- In Photos: Thousands pack Rafah streets for funeral of top … 5
- ‘The land of goodness turned upside down to the wasteland … 4
- State Dep’t says it’s ‘not OK’ that Israel detained another … 10
- Religious entitlement behind ‘incineration’ of Gaza resonates with Nazi ideology … 9
- My personal BDS 10
- In the battle between war and dreams, dreams last longer 1
- Lobbyist tells Eliot Engel he has ‘the blood of hundreds … 0
- Mort Zuckerman claims he toured the devastation in Gaza. Really? 0
- Rob Reiner wants to pick Palestinians’ leaders for them 0
- Witnessing Gaza 0
- Gruesome tales surface of Israeli massacres against families in Gaza’s … 0
- HAMAS made me do it! 0
- With ceasefire set to expire, Palestinians aim to lift the … 0
- Hundreds of Ohioans say our gov’t is on the ‘wrong … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means … 157
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- The Walzer Problem 96
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 80
- RT @DCIPalestine: Israeli forces use Palestinian child as human shield for 5 days in Gaza http://t.co/jYAMVQ9cTi #GazaUnderAttack http://t.co/AA4R1F9Dd9, 2 hours ago
- RT @DCIPalestine: Ahmad was just 16 yrs old when he was taken by Israeli forces in Gaza on July 23 & used as a human shield http://t.co/am711DdA8Y, 2 hours ago
- Democratic Party leader @RepSteveIsrael echoes Netanyahu's new theme: Hamas equals ISIS http://t.co/OfDoD4kxLz, 2 hours ago
- 'Common Dreams' website traps Hasbara troll spewing anti-Semitism http://t.co/gJb7IU5L9A, 2 hours ago
- Photos: Thousands pack Rafah streets for funeral of top Hamas commanders http://t.co/z3boysUrVq #Gaza @dancohen3000 http://t.co/QTNNTsB6Hl, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
- AbigailOK: @Michtom +1 and then some!
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift the siege (20)
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing (33)
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means killing children’ (140)
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for supporting attacks on Gaza (11)
- just: Antony Loewenstein: “…In the global Jewish diaspora, dissent against Israel of this magnitude is a...
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel is complicit in (38)
- jon s: Ari Shavit has a piece today on the rise of Antisemitism: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion /.premium-1.611665
- Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid (3)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid”...
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
Author Archives: Matthew Taylor
Haaretz’s self-serving Israel Conference on Peace on July 8 in Jerusalem, should focus on Equality, not Liberal Zionist efforts to salvage a two-state solution with a few rightwing Revisionist adversaries. “Peace” is a hasbara homerun. Even AIPAC says it wants peace.
In a story on anti-Semitism in France, the Washington Post features a video from performer Dieudonne M’bala in which Dieudonne puts himself int he shoes of a Palestinian suicide bomber. Dieudonne expresses passionate anti-Zionism; there is nothing in his sketch against Jews. Such confusion muddies the water on an important question.
We protesters against the Iraq war were wrong: we did not see just how bad it would be. But Israel’s American neocon boosters got exactly what they wanted– a “clean break” from the historic power struggle in the region, through destabilization of Arab capitals.
Peter Beinart says young J Streeters will focus on issues like immigration while ignoring the question of whether to confront Israeli apartheid.
Now that Israel has killed the two-state solution, will liberal Zionists support equality or ethnocracy?
Now that the Two State Solution has finally received its autopsy results, what will liberal Zionists do: move left to support equality, or move right to support a state of permanent apartheid? For self-identified liberal Zionists, like Peter Beinart pictured above, that’s the obvious existential question.
It’s about time the Obama administration answered Israel’s many rebukes to the vaunted peace process. The anonymous officials who blames the Israelis for the failure of talks — and Haaretz is saying it’s Martin Indyk — were serving as the president’s proxies.
U.S. officials blamed Israel’s land theft to build colonies on the territory meant for a Palestinian state as the reason for the talks’ failure. And one told Ynet, “I guess we need another intifada,” to change the power dynamics that allow Israel to get away with expropriating land
Peter Beinart fails to learn South Africa Apartheid Lessons, Gideon Levy Points Path to Equality
Netanyahu Ducks Mandela Memorial as Gideon Levy Calls Israel a S. Africa ‘Twin’. Netanyahu missing chance to be Israel’s De Klerk.
Did Nelson Mandela label Israel an ‘apartheid’ regime? Israel’s apologists claimed he did in 1990, apparently misquoting Mandela for their own political objectives.
“My very first political action, the first thing I ever did that involved an issue or a policy or politics, was a protest against apartheid,” Obama said last night in an eloquent eulogy to Nelson Mandela. And today as president he is responsible for giving billions of dollars in military aid to an Israeli regime that, by any reading of international law, is committing the Crime of Apartheid against the Palestinian people.
Newseum glorifies the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by honoring Hank Greenspun’s gun-running to Israel in the 1940s.
Check out this gem from the New York Times’ fawning GQ-like profile of Israeli settler leader Dani Dayan: [Dayan and his wife] built a showpiece home, where the sunken double-height living room is filled with a painting from Vietnam, a … Continue reading
Under the misleading headline “How America Can Slow Israel’s March to War,” former White House official/former and current Israel lobbyist Dennis Ross delivers a prescription for the opposite: Second, America should begin discussions with the permanent members of the United … Continue reading
Legalized circumcision-related deaths meet zero accountability, while the recent ultra-Orthodox sexual abuse scandal led to criminal charges.
Front-page, above the fold, the New York Times rips off the veil of secrecy surrounding the extent to which a certain lobby controls U.S. policy.
Avraham Burg: World must tell Israel it can’t be ‘the only democracy in the Middle East’ & the last colonial occupier in the Western world
Former Israeli Knesset Speaker Avraham Burg endorses boycott of settlement products in The Independent.
Dr. Jill Stein, who recently clinched the Green Party nomination for President, demands: “an end to the discriminatory apartheid policies within the state of Israel, the removal of the Separation Wall, a ban on assassination, movement toward denuclearization, the release of all political prisoners and journalists from Israeli and Palestinian prisons, disarmament of non-state militias, and recognition of the right of self-determination for both Israelis and Palestinians”
Michael Lerner and Peter Beinart seek to preserve Israel’s Jewish majority from the right of return
Teh late Benzion Netanyahu believed in unending conquest of Arabs till they accepted the higher morality of their overlords
Beinart’s new book to be brave, important, and blinkered all at once. The biggest problem is Beinart’s false, idealized image of pre-1967 Israel as a “flawed, but genuine democracy.” This doesn’t work because even within the green line Israel has always been a non-democratic apartheid state.
Ehud Barak has expressed messianism; it’s not just Yuval Diskin diagnosing it
Bibi Netanyahu says if you deduct the Palestinians, Israel is actually a very equal country
Bloomberg warns BDS will lead to ‘massacres’ as Park Slope Co-op holds initial vote on boycott tonight
New York pols are lining up against the effort to boycott Israeli goods in the Park Slope Food Co-op. Bloomberg says it will lead to massacres and Scott Stringer calls it “an anti-Semitic crusade.” Co-op members’ response? You won’t learn it from the ‘New York Times’ who didn’t think to ask.
When has the Times ever filed a serious report on Israeli apartheid policies, and will it ever? Meanwhile, Haaretz today runs an editorial page broadside against the colony/settlement Ariel’s University expansion plans.