- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 17
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 3
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 25
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 9
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 9
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 33
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 7
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 17
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (17)
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with Jewish Knight Templars on the Temple Mount (9)
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (25)
- pjdude: Last time I checked 4504 is not twice if 3568. You see 4504<7136.
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program (37)
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (33)
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (3)
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern overturns Students for Justice in Palestine suspension (9)
Author Archives: Matthew Taylor
Peter Beinart fails to learn South Africa Apartheid Lessons, Gideon Levy Points Path to Equality
Netanyahu Ducks Mandela Memorial as Gideon Levy Calls Israel a S. Africa ‘Twin’. Netanyahu missing chance to be Israel’s De Klerk.
Did Nelson Mandela label Israel an ‘apartheid’ regime? Israel’s apologists claimed he did in 1990, apparently misquoting Mandela for their own political objectives.
“My very first political action, the first thing I ever did that involved an issue or a policy or politics, was a protest against apartheid,” Obama said last night in an eloquent eulogy to Nelson Mandela. And today as president he is responsible for giving billions of dollars in military aid to an Israeli regime that, by any reading of international law, is committing the Crime of Apartheid against the Palestinian people.
Newseum glorifies the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by honoring Hank Greenspun’s gun-running to Israel in the 1940s.
Check out this gem from the New York Times’ fawning GQ-like profile of Israeli settler leader Dani Dayan: [Dayan and his wife] built a showpiece home, where the sunken double-height living room is filled with a painting from Vietnam, a … Continue reading
Under the misleading headline “How America Can Slow Israel’s March to War,” former White House official/former and current Israel lobbyist Dennis Ross delivers a prescription for the opposite: Second, America should begin discussions with the permanent members of the United … Continue reading
Legalized circumcision-related deaths meet zero accountability, while the recent ultra-Orthodox sexual abuse scandal led to criminal charges.
Front-page, above the fold, the New York Times rips off the veil of secrecy surrounding the extent to which a certain lobby controls U.S. policy.
Avraham Burg: World must tell Israel it can’t be ‘the only democracy in the Middle East’ & the last colonial occupier in the Western world
Former Israeli Knesset Speaker Avraham Burg endorses boycott of settlement products in The Independent.
Dr. Jill Stein, who recently clinched the Green Party nomination for President, demands: “an end to the discriminatory apartheid policies within the state of Israel, the removal of the Separation Wall, a ban on assassination, movement toward denuclearization, the release of all political prisoners and journalists from Israeli and Palestinian prisons, disarmament of non-state militias, and recognition of the right of self-determination for both Israelis and Palestinians”
Michael Lerner and Peter Beinart seek to preserve Israel’s Jewish majority from the right of return
Teh late Benzion Netanyahu believed in unending conquest of Arabs till they accepted the higher morality of their overlords
Beinart’s new book to be brave, important, and blinkered all at once. The biggest problem is Beinart’s false, idealized image of pre-1967 Israel as a “flawed, but genuine democracy.” This doesn’t work because even within the green line Israel has always been a non-democratic apartheid state.
Ehud Barak has expressed messianism; it’s not just Yuval Diskin diagnosing it
Bibi Netanyahu says if you deduct the Palestinians, Israel is actually a very equal country
Bloomberg warns BDS will lead to ‘massacres’ as Park Slope Co-op holds initial vote on boycott tonight
New York pols are lining up against the effort to boycott Israeli goods in the Park Slope Food Co-op. Bloomberg says it will lead to massacres and Scott Stringer calls it “an anti-Semitic crusade.” Co-op members’ response? You won’t learn it from the ‘New York Times’ who didn’t think to ask.
When has the Times ever filed a serious report on Israeli apartheid policies, and will it ever? Meanwhile, Haaretz today runs an editorial page broadside against the colony/settlement Ariel’s University expansion plans.
Quoting Israelis, ‘NYT’ front pager says Iran will take a military strike lying down (won’t even raise oil prices!)
Ethan Bronner quotes Israelis saying that Iran won’t retaliate if it is attacked
Bennett Ramberg, formerly of GHW Bush’s State Department, now a purported expert on international relations, offers this unsettling prediction/threat in the New York Times’s Jan. 25th print edition: If Jerusalem really believes that a nuclear-armed Tehran poses an existential threat –– … Continue reading
1974 novel envisioned Israel fighting Native Americans in Texas. Has Santorum been reading this book?
CIA’s Operation Ajax to overthrow Iran government in 1953 helped poison U.S. relations with Persians for decades to come
Elided from mainstream media coverage, the root cause of the current standoff with Iran is the 1953 U.S.-orchestrated overthrow of Iran’s democratically-elected government and its Prime Minister, Mohammed Mossadegh. This led to decades of U.S.-backed oppression under the Shah’s brutal dictatorship. The … Continue reading
Q: Who is set to financially benefit from the sacrifices of the 99% (okay, maybe it wasn’t quite that many, but you know what I mean) of Libyans who risked their lives in the revolution? A: The 1% of American … Continue reading
Enormous. Former Speaker of the Knesset Avraham Burg has come out of the colonialism closet and endorsed one democratic state from the river to the sea if Israel fails to take real steps toward two states, which of course, it … Continue reading