- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 24
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 3
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 18
- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 20
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 106
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 29
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 0
- How Israel militarized social media 0
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 0
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 240
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 150
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @ThisIsGaZa: the more cruel and barbaric israel is, the most supportive of HAmas and PAlestinians resistance we become. Resistance is Existence, 5 mins ago
- RT @ThisIsGaZa: Palestinians especially in Gaza have never been this supportive of Resistance. They know we fight for our existence. ISrael murders all., 6 mins ago
- RT @alhagar: .@Mondoweiss asks why Americans who fight for Israel are celebrated when Americans fighting for others are prosecuted http://t.co/RUDDjQfmFT, 1 hour ago
- RT @SashaSpark: Now is a great time to re-read this interview with @RobinDGKelley that @alexbkane did http://t.co/9foc9TcaXE, 2 hours ago
- RT @ThisIsGaZa: I always wanted to write for @intifada. I never thought it will be my Brother's death I write about. http://t.co/RzXAbTrjca #gazaunderattack, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: M.J. Rosenberg
Barack Obama and Hassan Rouhani have spoken. And they are on the same page. But M.J. Rosenberg does not see this process leading anywhere because the Netanyahu government and its lobby, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which released the war video above, are determined to end the process and they have the ability to do it.
Jewish college kid beats the crap out of MJ Rosenberg on a bus ride from NY to DC
MJ Rosenberg explains that AIPAC is pushing the Syria vote not out of concern for chemical weapons — Israel uses them –but for a red line on Iran
Nothing pleased the lobby more than having an Iranian president who spouted obscene nonsense about the Holocaust and Israel, all the easier to convince the United States to go to war with him. But Rouhani is trouble. If he is a real moderate, AIPAC won’t get its war.
What am I missing in John Kerry’s supposed breakthrough? MJ Rosenberg writes. The Palestinians, rightly, will not accept a deal in which they lose access to Jerusalem and give up more of their 22 percent of the land. And as for Kerry, he is unable to shift US policy from We-are-one with Israel status. Jimmy Carter was an advocate for neither side, and he’s the only American president to have achieved a true breakthrough
Kerry is desperate to look good, Netanyahu is desperate to get Europe off his back. So fake peace talks are announced. MJ Rosenberg speculates on what went down.
The name of Netanyahu and AIPAC’s game is pretending the Iranian election never happened, that everything is the same, and that more sanctions and, when they fail to accomplish Netanyahu’s goals, military action is the only answer.
Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism
MJ Rosenberg on Ira Forman: Why is there a Special Envoy on anti-Semitism? Because the lobby wanted it. And it gets to place its ex-lobbyist in it.
The Hagel nomination reveals the weakness of the Israel lobby; many say its powers are ebbing
MJ Rosenberg says AIPAC fears that exempting Israel from sequester cuts will create backlash for the country — and it seems to be happening
As for the non-Jews and Christian Zionists that are supposedly part of the Israel lobby, that is just silly. Having worked on Capitol Hill for 20 years, I can attest to the fact that the only voices that matter in Washington on this issue come from Jews
In response to the letter from Christian denominations urging that aid to Israel be compliant with U.S. law, J Street has joined Abe Foxman of the Anti-Defamation league and the half-million a year hacks that run the other Jewish organizations to blast the Christians.
Spencer Ackerman is protecting his career when he feeds stupid jokes about the Israel lobby to uberneocon Jeffrey Goldberg
Editor: MJ Rosenberg posted this news today on his site. Eli Lake, as faithful a transcriber for AIPAC as any in the media (he has plenty of competition) reports that Dennis Ross is staying neutral in the presidential election. This … Continue reading
A new ad encourages Americans who have emigrated to Israel from the United States to work from Israel to counter the effects of voting by Americans who live in the US — Arab-Americans.
M.J. Rosenberg explains why he still insists on using the term “Israel firster,” and why his critics have been especially threatened by it in 2012.