- Film Review — ‘Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine’ 1
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial 3
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream 4
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 39
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 9
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 43
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 2
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 9
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 0
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 0
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 0
- Israel apologists attempted to discredit Mandela with false Israel apartheid … 0
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted … 0
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 0
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 0
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 119
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 79
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Man of zeal? 73
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 65
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial http://t.co/3BmK05QVN9, 7 hours ago
- RT @aptly_engineerd: Israel approves detention without charges for African migrants http://t.co/5SUIhnyfpt via @reuters, 10 hours ago
- RT @elivalley: “'Anti-Zionists’ will not be permitted to speak using the Hillel name or under the Hillel roof.” - @eric_fingerhut http://t.co/yLjpfbZv3S, 10 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Ashrawi urges NBC to halt drama series set in East Jerusalem | Maan News Agency http://t.co/2dALLUUJjA, 11 hours ago
- RT @adanielroth: Billel? Hillel Cool? Hillel Zero? Crystal Hillel? Hillel St. Blues? #NewNamesForSwarthmoreHillel @alexbkane @Mondoweiss @simonerzim, 11 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Man of zeal? (74)
- Walid: Bloomberg’s take: In the cases of the Ku Klux Klan and Nazis, the singer named specific criminal...
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (79)
- Hostage: Abbas and company are mere pawns in this game and they will go along with whatever the US demands. Those PA...
- Hostage: I agree there is some desire for some level of symbolic actions against settlements in the EU. No, the...
- Hostage: That’s why I gave the analogy of Carthage. . . . The United Nations is about to make anti-Semitism...
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards and Gram Parsons boycotted South Africa) (9)
- seafoid: A very good find, Phil. The whites thought apartheid was eternal too. Zionism now reminds me of the pro...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (43)
- Peter in SF: He was … a freedom fighter who rejected any violence. “I know that’s not true” It’s true for the...
- Peter in SF: Note what Netanyahu is not doing in this message. He is not drawing a parallel between the liberation...
- talknic: @yonah fredman “Please link to a source regarding infant mortality rates in Palestinian refugee camps...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (119)
- Justpassingby: Hostage Yes I claim that because you havent read them its obvious to anyone here. As usual you quote...
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (39)
- Eva Smagacz: “Many people on both the right and the left object to Iran being in a pre-nuclear state. Their...
- Man of zeal? (74)
Author Archives: M.J. Rosenberg
Barack Obama and Hassan Rouhani have spoken. And they are on the same page. But M.J. Rosenberg does not see this process leading anywhere because the Netanyahu government and its lobby, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which released the war video above, are determined to end the process and they have the ability to do it.
Jewish college kid beats the crap out of MJ Rosenberg on a bus ride from NY to DC
MJ Rosenberg explains that AIPAC is pushing the Syria vote not out of concern for chemical weapons — Israel uses them –but for a red line on Iran
Nothing pleased the lobby more than having an Iranian president who spouted obscene nonsense about the Holocaust and Israel, all the easier to convince the United States to go to war with him. But Rouhani is trouble. If he is a real moderate, AIPAC won’t get its war.
What am I missing in John Kerry’s supposed breakthrough? MJ Rosenberg writes. The Palestinians, rightly, will not accept a deal in which they lose access to Jerusalem and give up more of their 22 percent of the land. And as for Kerry, he is unable to shift US policy from We-are-one with Israel status. Jimmy Carter was an advocate for neither side, and he’s the only American president to have achieved a true breakthrough
Kerry is desperate to look good, Netanyahu is desperate to get Europe off his back. So fake peace talks are announced. MJ Rosenberg speculates on what went down.
The name of Netanyahu and AIPAC’s game is pretending the Iranian election never happened, that everything is the same, and that more sanctions and, when they fail to accomplish Netanyahu’s goals, military action is the only answer.
Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism
MJ Rosenberg on Ira Forman: Why is there a Special Envoy on anti-Semitism? Because the lobby wanted it. And it gets to place its ex-lobbyist in it.
The Hagel nomination reveals the weakness of the Israel lobby; many say its powers are ebbing
MJ Rosenberg says AIPAC fears that exempting Israel from sequester cuts will create backlash for the country — and it seems to be happening
As for the non-Jews and Christian Zionists that are supposedly part of the Israel lobby, that is just silly. Having worked on Capitol Hill for 20 years, I can attest to the fact that the only voices that matter in Washington on this issue come from Jews
In response to the letter from Christian denominations urging that aid to Israel be compliant with U.S. law, J Street has joined Abe Foxman of the Anti-Defamation league and the half-million a year hacks that run the other Jewish organizations to blast the Christians.
Spencer Ackerman is protecting his career when he feeds stupid jokes about the Israel lobby to uberneocon Jeffrey Goldberg
Editor: MJ Rosenberg posted this news today on his site. Eli Lake, as faithful a transcriber for AIPAC as any in the media (he has plenty of competition) reports that Dennis Ross is staying neutral in the presidential election. This … Continue reading
A new ad encourages Americans who have emigrated to Israel from the United States to work from Israel to counter the effects of voting by Americans who live in the US — Arab-Americans.
M.J. Rosenberg explains why he still insists on using the term “Israel firster,” and why his critics have been especially threatened by it in 2012.